• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Second Anniversary Mini Prompt Bingo

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Second Anniversary Mini Bingo

For a creative community, it wouldn't sense not to have an anniversary event dedicated to creating! This year's mini bingo event will challenge you to create 3-4 small pieces of art or writing based on a list of prompts. The way it works is simple: post here requesting a bingo card and, optionally, providing a theme you'd like your bingo card to center around. For example, you might want romantic prompts, or prompts tailored to stories about Bagon. I'll provide you with a bingo card containing nine prompts, and your goal is to get a bingo: create a piece of art or writing to fill out any three prompts making a full row, column, or diagonal of the card, and you win! Or if you're feeling ambitious, you can win by filling the four corner prompts instead.

Here's what an example mini bingo card might look like for someone who had requested PMD-themed prompts:

Lost MemoriesLively TownTrust Your Partner
The Best TreasureCalamityStairs?!
Low IQNo Way OutVoice of Life

If you absolutely hate the prompts you get after making your request, you may ask for one reroll. I'll provide you with a new card, but that'll be the one you're stuck with--no further rerolls will be given.

This is intended to be a casual challenge to spark your imagination and get you creating. As such, there are no hard requirements as to what counts as "filling" a prompt; as long as you feel like you've fulfilled the prompt and are acting in good faith, you'll be fine. I recommend sticking to drabbles (100 words) or flash fics (1000 words) for writing fills and quick sketches or timed writing (fifteen-minute pieces, for example) for art, but if you're inspired to draft up a big longfic in response to a prompt, feel free. Most fills will presumably be art or writing, but all mediums are welcome!

Please post links to your bingo prompt fills as you complete them or post your fills right here in this thread! If you manage to get a bingo before the end of the anniversary event (May 2nd), you will be eligible to receive a sprite companion, or an additional companion if you already have one or more. Note that even if you qualify for a companion through this event and also earn a companion prize through the Mini Review Blitz event, you can only earn one total.

Last edited:

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
I'll definitely sign up for this! For a theme, how about Things Rarely Seen In Pokemon Fanfiction? This could include underutilized Pokemon species, unusual genres like magical realism, games of the franchise that typically get overlooked by fan authors like Pokemon Rumble, or anything else not normally found in Pokéfic, really!

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
This looks like fun and I need to make more effort to be productive (and I want a forum buddy!) so please count me in for this, too! I don't... really have a theme I'm looking for, I guess... I tend to stick to main series so anything PMD or other side-games is a bit out of my expertise, but otherwise, throw anything at me and I'll do what I can.

I do have a couple questions:

1. Can I do art AND writing, for example, two art pieces and one drabble, to fill a row? Or do I need to stick to the same media for the entire row?

2. Do we make individual posts for each completed prompt, or just make one post and edit it with each completed one? I feel like the latter would make this thread less clogged, but also harder to follow along and verify since post edits don't bump the thread or notify anyone.

edit: Oh, I guess it does say they can be just posted in the thread, so I suppose that answers #2, whoops.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Im down for this! I'm thinking that, for my theme, I'll go with "dark type."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@The Walrein

Great choice! I had a lot of fun coming up with prompts for this theme.

BruxishPMD Pokémon in Human WorldPoképark
Quagsire POVAuthor's Note FictionBeta Raikou/Entei/Suicune
Ash as AntagonistWestern ThemesHow I Became a Pokémon Card

I think some of those might need a bit more explanation, so here we go... PokéPark refers to the setting in the games of the same name. "How I Became a Pokémon Card" is a manga with short stories inspired by Pokémon TCG cards. This is the most complete set of scans I've been able to find, but I think even the few stories available there have their own sort of charm. If you aren't familiar with beta Raikou/Entei/Suicune, they're old designs uncovered in the Spaceworld '97 Gold/Silver demo. Finally, by "author's note fiction," I mean fic where the author's note is somehow a part of the overall story. You might imagine a story where the author's note is written as though the author were living in the Pokémon world themselves, for example, or where the characters in the story somehow reference or argue back against the author's note(s), etc.

@Inkedust

Ooh, a very interesting theme. Hope you enjoy these prompts.

The Darkest DaySunyshore CityNo Sunrise Comes
Love the Stars too FondlyHigh NoonLycanroc
Night FlowerDaydream and NightmareNew Dawn

@Seren

First things first, your card:

A Fresh StartLosing BattleTraveling Companions
Moor of IcirrusCaught in the RainUnusual Starter
PokéfluteLong Road AheadAn Evolution

As for your questions, you can mix and match art and writing as you like! Two sketches and one drabble, a piece of music, a painting, and a fic, whatever. If you want to post your fills here in this thread, then either you can post them as you make them, or save up and put them all in one post once you've finished the whole challenge.

@windskull

Dark-type, huh? Definitely an evocative type. Hope you'll find these prompts inspiring!

NocturnalDark VoidGone Rogue
ObstagoonLonely EveningsSeers and Visions
Night DazeThe Long ConNew Moon

thenatureking

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. lopunny
Ooh, I feel like I manifested this activity lol been desperate for some writing prompts lately so thank you for the opportunity to get some practice in! Can my theme be Rich Kid Trainerfic?

Skyfire

Youngster
Pronouns
he/they
Looks like I choose a great time to join the forum. Thank you for organising this - and for the review!

As for my bingo, I was thinking Genre Fiction Tropes could be fun! Crime, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, so on. And to clarify - you create one piece for multiple prompts, right?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
funnnnnnnn

For my prompts, I want to stay simple and go with Pokemon, meaning I just want nine random species to write about.

Thanks for organzing this--this whole event seems like it will be a blast!

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I think I have enough on my plate to sate me creatively already, but I want to say how very extremely good these are.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Oh, this seems a lot of fun~! Let me think of stuff I would like to see... I love friendships, and I enjoy PMD a lot. How about a bingo card with these two as the theme?

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
wow, this is super cool! thanks for putting in the extra work to customize the cards for each of us, it’s really neat. for mine, could i request pokémon through the ages? just little snapshots of the pokémon world from across its history. if that’s too much of a pain, a bird theme would be a fun alternative.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
this is such a cool concept, Negrek!

could I get a prompt card on green? actually I’m indecisive af and if it’s not too late to switch I’d love if you picked 9x of the major arcana?

Last edited:

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Always been a fan of prompt bingo events, thanks so much for putting this one together!

For my card, because ronk is love, ronk is life, I'll take your best rock related prompts.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Here's the next set of cards! Don't worry, everyone who doesn't see yours here--I'll get yours shortly, but I've got to take off for a bit and don't want to rush to get them out before I leave. (They're mostly done, but formatting them takes a bit.)

Also, a brief request from me: please give me some prompts of you own! Prompts on a general "Pokémon" theme, but I'm not picky.

@DawningWinds

World history and mythology, huh? Try these on for size!

Endless Life, Endless DeathMoon LandingSilver Wing
Relic GoldThose with courage, those with hope. Open a door.Twin Heroes
PokémopolisRuins of AlphSun-Drinker

@thenatureking

This one was fun to put together, I think because my trainer characters are not rich, heh. Good times thinking what a luxe journey might be like!

The Latest GearVictory StarNight Out in Nimbasa
Shiny PokémonTaking SelfiesBig Nugget
Newfound FreedomHano Grand ResortReaching the Top

@Skyfire

I wasn't totally sure what you were looking for--whether you wanted genres like journeyfic, sci-fi, whatever, or tropes within those genres. My guess was tropes, but if you were looking for something different, just let me know and I'll reroll you for free!

Training MontageThe Power of FriendshipPortentous Dreams
Ancient KingdomTime TravelPure of Heart
Comic ReliefSecret IdentityLoyal Sidekick

@Equitial

Always fun to take a grab bag of pokémon and see what you can do with them! Hope you have fun with these.

MagearnaVanillitePrimal Kyogre
CombuskenWigglytuffMega Medicham
WailordFurretCrystal Onix

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Throwing in a general pokemon prompt for Negrek: Safari Zone.

Top Bottom