• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Welp, I guess it's time for Tefiren Does Mafia 2!

Name: Tefiren
Species: Archopy (prehistoric alternate Grovyle evolution: see my avatar, or alternatively, here's specifically Tefiren himself)
Personality: Born into a world in which a complete genocide of his species is being gradually, inexorably carried out, Tefiren lives in perpetual terror of his looming inevitable death. Or, at least, he would, had he not subconsciously twisted everything around and turned constantly running and hiding from his would-be murderers into a fun and exciting game that he is definitely always going to win. This all-encompassing coping mechanism of his also involves blocking out the part of him that cares when anyone else is killed so that he doesn't have to think about that happening to him one day, making his tact and people skills rather... not great.

(Although, for the sake of flavour, it might be fun if this takes place during the period after he's met and started living with Forsira, who is definitely just a fellow player who makes this game more varied and challenging for him and not at all someone he's attached to or cares about or would be remotely sad over if she were to, I dunno, go missing or anything.)

Also, he's from prehistoric times, so he's not going to have any idea what a human is, or any Pokémon species that isn't native to his home. Not that he will care - he is absolutely going to be thinking of this as basically just an extension of the "game" he plays in his regular life, and players of the game are just players of the game.

Here's the fic he's from, if anyone is interested, especially since it's from ages ago and only Dragonfree and I think maybe Negrek (?) have read it.

Man, it has been A While(TM) since I've written Tefiren or thought about him a lot at all, so I may be a bit rusty, but this should be fun.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
OK OK I’M HERE

Gonna jump in with my character, Wes!

Name: Wesley Lucas (goes by Wes)
Species: Human

Appearance: Wes is slightly tall at 5’11”. He has platinum blonde/silver hair and golden eyes, tan skin, has a lean build like that of a runner or swimmer. He has a white tattoo that goes all the way across the bridge of his nose—he got it as a teen to cover up an old, ugly scar. He is a Pokémon Trainer and a Snagger, and is quite gifted at both.

Personality: Wes makes up for his talents with training and snagging by having almost zero social skills. He prefers to keep to himself, hates social gatherings, is easily annoyed by others, and strictly adheres to the “every man for himself” mindset—yet he somehow, mysteriously finds himself going out of his way for those he cares about. How strange! :quag:
He is fond of Pokémon and firmly believes they are far better than people. He would do anything for his own Pokémon, who he considers to be his family.

F4CB6B78-0DF5-4FF7-AC93-F4E53CD23F26.jpeg

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Name: Rascal
Species: Tyrunt
Personality: Aggressive, stubborn,and raring for a good fight, Rascal does things her way. Get on her level or get lost. Earning respect or decency from her is unlikely. She's fight first, forget to ask questions later.
Remember kids, violence isn't the answer, its the solution.
Appearance: Your average Tyrunt

(Rascal comes from my journeyfic, Legendary Adventures)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Sign-ups are now closed! In the end it looks like we have 19 players, which is plenty to get a good game going. This year I'm trying something a little different by opening the game thread early for a special "day zero" pre-game phase to allow people to chat and roleplay before the game proper starts. This will give you something to do while waiting for the game proper to begin, and will also ensure that people who die early on in the game have at least a little bit of time to enjoy RPing with their character! Please note that this phase is completely optional and has no bearing on the actual game at all--don't try to infer anything about people's roles based on what they say during this time, since absolutely no one knows what the roles will be yet (including me)! If that sounds fun, head over to the main thread for some casual pre-game RP. If not, sit tight while I finalize the game setup.

At this point I'm hoping to start the game proper at midnight (UTC) on May 3rd, but it will depend how fast I'm able to get all the roles drawn up. I'll announce the official start time at least twenty-four hours in advance, one way or another. More information about the game setup will be made available at that time.

Thanks for joining, everyone! I'm looking forward to another good game this year.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Name: Zoroark (as Braixen)
Species: Zoroark
Personality: Gruff, reserved, and quiet. He's gotten by in life under the blanket of a constant illusion, and that meant speaking when spoken to and avoiding the spotlight. He's squeamish at the idea of doing anything that would affect others badly, but if push comes to shove he'll do whatever it takes to get by without another thought.
Appearance: A lavender-colored (shiny) braixen. Details and features might vary or look off depending on when/how you look at him. Has a strange shadow.
From: Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? (though as of this writing, he's only appeared minimally.)

Top Bottom