• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Second Anniversary Celebration

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Okay, all companion requests made thus far should be filled, except these:

I'm not sure where these sprites come from, but I'm hoping for a sableye doing it's best zombie impression (IE similar to this pose). But if that's not the one you have on hand, that's fine, any sableye will do (because I have no idea how to make/edit custom sprites). <3

Could I get a land Shaymin in a sun hat?

I'd like to request an Oshawott wearing a reunion cape, if that's ok.
If you'd like a custom sprite, you'll need to provide it as a 68x56 pixel PNG; I am not a sprite artist. Otherwise, your options are any of the icons that show in the party menu in SwSh--Seren, since you said a normal sableye was fine, that's what I gave you. Blackjack and Bench, I can give you the basic (non-accessorized) forms of the pokémon you requested, you can give me your own custom sprite fitting those specifications, or you can pick something else.

I did two reviews and a terrible misinterpretation of a bingo prompt. Can I get a really half-assed companion? Like, "sweet bro and hella jeff" levels of terribad?

Jk jk, I know I didn't earn one. Congrats, y'all!
You qualify for a companion for completing the bingo event, if you'd like to claim one!

Hello!! I had a great time with this event!! May I please humbly request a Gothitelle as a new companion?

As for feedback, I really enjoyed both the review blitz and bingo. However, if we do a bingo again, I might suggest maybe a small committee focused on coming up with prompts and giving them out to people. I know people were allowed to suggest prompts and whatnot, but as for constructing the full card, that seemed to fall all on you, Negrek! 🥺 There was a high demand for cards too, so some people didn’t get theirs until much later into the event. I just feel like multiple people putting together the bingo cards would A.) Lessen your workload, and B.) Allow them to go out faster when a lot of people are requesting them.

Hello! I would like an Umbreon sprite! Just a regular one.

This event was TONS of fun!! I’m not sure that I have much feedback, though I do second Sin’s suggestion to delegate the bingo prompts to someone else—this was a LOT of work on your shoulders, and I think there are people who would be more than happy to help with that in the future!
Yes, if the bingo event returns next year, I'll look for some volunteers to help me generate prompts!

And on that note: Thank you for hosting all of this! It must be a ton of work keeping track of everything, and it was a blast! (I fully intend to eventually complete everything on my bingo card, too, but for now, there's a lot on my plate.) Here's to another year and some more good stuff next year!

I'm thinking, though... maybe space things out a little more? I mean, you'd think having as much time as was given for bingo, reviewing, and mafia would be enough, but I wonder if there'd be merit to like... giving a week for the bingo, then the following week hold the review party, etc. It might stretch out the celebration (not a bad thing, but I know it could also be stressful having to manage all of this for even longer) and also give some time for people to get in what they wanna do. Either way, I loved the bingo prompts and I very much hope that returns next year, if nothing else! (Tbh still undecided on mafia yet... I think once I get over the beginner-failure that I'm feeling right now I'll probably be interested again if anyone's willing to let me, but regardless I suspect there will be a game next year whether I hope for one or not.)
Yeah, the question of how long to run things is tricky! I think I really wouldn't want to go above three weeks, to be honest... people get worn out by constant events pretty fast, which is why I prefer to do something condensed. People can have a busy week or two, and then plenty of time to relax before another event rolls around. I wasn't planning to go to three weeks this year at all! Open to suggestions about this--would you prefer a setup that's e.g. one week for a writing event, one week for reviewing, etc.? Simultaneous, but perhaps fewer things going on? Or extend the event period a bit? For me personally I do think three weeks is the upper limit, but I think it's worth discussing this if people are interested.

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
You qualify for a companion for completing the bingo event, if you'd like to claim one!

YOOOOOOOO YOU THE BEST! :D

Can I get me a Nidoqueen? Apparently it's my favorite Pokemon according to a certain favorite picker :quag:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Oh! I didn't know these were about just sprites themselves. I thought they were custom and would be made. Ok a regular Shaymin is fine!

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Seren, since you said a normal sableye was fine, that's what I gave you
Yep, that works just fine! (I absolutely did not realize this pose WAS it's normal default pose, but it's honestly what I was hoping for anyway, so yeah, that worked out for me. Thank you! )

Yeah, the question of how long to run things is tricky! I think I really wouldn't want to go above three weeks, to be honest... people get worn out by constant events pretty fast, which is why I prefer to do something condensed. People can have a busy week or two, and then plenty of time to relax before another event rolls around. I wasn't planning to go to three weeks this year at all! Open to suggestions about this--would you prefer a setup that's e.g. one week for a writing event, one week for reviewing, etc.? Simultaneous, but perhaps fewer things going on? Or extend the event period a bit? For me personally I do think three weeks is the upper limit, but I think it's worth discussing this if people are interested.

I think maybe something like a combination sounds best. Maybe start off with a week for a writing event, but like four days later start the reviewing event, so that the writing event ends and the reviewing one is still going on, just to keep something active at all times, but not stress over "I have to do everything and it overwhelms me so I don't end up doing anything".

Originally I wasn't going to even suggest overlap, just have each event be like four days or a week or something, but then if someone has to dip for a weekend they might end up missing the one event they actually wanted to do. Now, this does conflict with something like Mafia, for example, since that's constantly on-going throughout the entire time anyway... maybe have events planned to end specifically around night-phases, so that players can focus on game-stuff during day phases and still join in other events during night phases? (Tbh I don't know the "Behind the scenes" for how you do any of this, so this might not be realistically plausible, especially if you're organizing this entire thing by yourself.)

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
thanks so much for putting this on, negrek! i had a lot of fun with all the events i participated in, they were a blast. super cool to see everyone's bingo entries as well! and thanks also to kintsugi for streaming generations and twilight wings, as well as wildboots for running For the Queen!

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After deliberation, can I request a Crobat sprite?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
In a stunning twist expected by no one, could I get an Aggron sprite please?

Thanks so much for putting on all these events.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Thank you so much for coordinating all of these events! I quite liked the timing of them (two weeks is a bit of a rush but more chaos = more better imo!), although I'm happy to volunteer in a larger capacity for next year if you'd like it, so you aren't stuck trying to do all the things.

For my companion prize, could I get this small fren?
booper_smollest.png

link

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I would like him as my companion.gen-1.png

(Thank you to Chibi Pika for making this sprite!)

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
Thank you again for hosting the anniversary events! No formed thoughts for now; I appreciate all the fun activities spread throughout!

May I request a companion minior for Review Blitz 2021? I meant to fulfill some personal and TR things before requesting, but I'd rather get them than not!
I had a list by Dec 23
360- 2h-3x;/ pokelist - Mk, Skm, Ghast, SnoCast, Rtm, noHyd, Minior, noCel, Curs./
(magikarp, skarmory, ghastly, castform(snow), rotom, not hydreigon, minior, not celesteela, cursola),
and I think it was Dec 27 that I decided to go with minior. In "chrysalis" form, please!

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Thanks for all the work you put into these events!

For my companion, may I have an overworld Togekiss to match my overworld Slowpoke?

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Hello! Thanks so much for running this! The bingo fics I've checked out so far have been fun, and it was nice to finally get a push to actually write something, le gasp. It ended up being an unfortunate rush for me, but that was down to that week being quite busy on my end, so nothing to be done about that. I'm excited about the ideas I was able to generate either way!

Also seconding that I'd be willing to help lighten the load of things like creating bingo prompts, if you need it!

Anyway. After much agonizing over whether any of my other favorite pokémon had earned a spot beneath my avatar... they have not. Screw those guys. Skiddo army engage.

First of all, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind replacing my existing companion with this version? Should be the last time it needs updating!

steplively-friend-iametrine.png

And then I'd just like these for the remaining two! If it's at all possible to ensure that the edited version above is first (or last) in the list then that'd be great, but I know you mentioned that that might be a hassle so no big if not.

skiddo-friend-iametrine.pngskiddoshiny-friend-iametrine.png
Thanks again, and here's to another great year!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Wait, do I need to claim my Blacklight sprite companion now?

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
I don't believe so? Negrek can confirm, but I assume the deadline's just for claiming from events that have already ended. I would hazard a guess that we'd have until Blacklight itself ends, or at least until Namo stops counting BLECs, for the BLC companions. Not everyone has earned the BLC companion yet, after all! (Like me, for example; my three are bingo + 2021 blitz + last anniversary's mini blitz.) But if you already know what you want, it'd probably be more convenient for her if you got it out of the way now.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I now have all four possible sprite companion slots it's possible to earn! Excited to add Brisa and Luz to the roster.

Attachments

• brisa_companion.png
    brisa_companion.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 5
  • luz_companion.png
    luz_companion.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 5

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All custom companions should now be added! Let me know if I missed you, and in general if you have a companion request from this event, please let me know in the next twenty-four hours.

Also, missed this earlier:
Wait, do I need to claim my Blacklight sprite companion now?
No! There will probably be a prize claim period after the end of Blacklight for this, although if you knew what you wanted you could request your prize fulfillment now.

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
I think @Phoenixsong has the right idea! Could I please get a dratini for this event (and another dratini for my unclaimed Review Blitz companion?)

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
oof, hope i'm not too late, sorry!!! requesting One Galarian Farfetch'd please, not amassing an army or anything over here haha... unless? 😳

Top Bottom