• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sand Continent ~ Sand Dune of Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
R7 Boss ~ Ho-Oh-Oh! Merry Darkwhite!
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The Sand Dune of Spirits was once a Dungeon named after the strange whispers that seemed to blow through the Dungeon's walls. While now confirmed to be a trick of the mind and the winds that blew through its corridors, the name and superstitions remained. It is said that one of the Xatu brothers lived at the top of this Sand Dune, perpetually staring at the horizon like the others, and to this day, such a story was true. Climbing it, however, was another story. The Dungeon, ironically, had made the trip easier. Without space distorted around, the trek to the top was a grueling and exhausting...

The horizon seemed to always display the same dusty, sandy scene, with two plateaus on either side of the outlook.

<><><>
    "I've been liking the scenery of our fights lately," Owen said, eyes scanning the horizon. "Is... is that another Xatu?"

"And he's staring at the sun again. huh." Cal stretched and curled her hands behind her head. The amorphous Charmander glanced to Owen and asked, "So, uhhh... Maple? Darkwhite said to wait here? Why?"

"The letter said that it was a challenge to disturb this Xatu during his meditation," Maple explained. "I tried to dissuade her, but apparently she had already done a great deal to try to disrupt him, and to no avail. So now, hosting the fight here is her next idea. I was in no position to object."

"...Why?" Cal asked. "Don't tell me she actually got Ho-Oh like she said she would."

Maple didn't answer.

"...You're kidding."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom