• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sand Continent ~ Sand Dune of Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Giovanni chuckled as they fled, half of them fallen and the other half about to. Only a few seemed to be battle-ready, but even then, it seemed like Giovanni was not bothering to pursue them. Instead, he spoke, his own voice practically projected into their minds. Even as Cabot and Celeste carried Ho-Oh through the portal, it was like they could still feel his words echoing within them.

"As I said... a friendly warning. Your... little force that is trying to stop me, all those in Destiny Village. They are not all as they seem."

Maple kept ushering them along, keeping an eye on Giovanni all the while. She didn't trust him not to make any sort of Teleportation jab to strike or steal them. "Your words are meaningless against us," Maple said. "Do not think you can sow distrust."

"You're free to ignore it," Giovanni replied coolly. "But among your ranks... are those who work for me. Three people, in fact... They have outlasted their usefulness, and it seems they are starting to conspire against me. Still... Perhaps they can get on my good side again if they find other ways to help me?" Giovanni's smile sharpened. "I know that you chat amongst yourselves all the time. I'm sure the ones not with you will catch wind of my message." Giovanni waved, looking at someone in particular, but it was hard to tell who. "Goodbye, then. I shall see you soon."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
That was it? There was no attack. Just seeds of doubt being planted. But with how peppy and chipper the loudest of his teammates were, he strongly doubted Giovanni's warning would be heeded. He couldn't see any of them growing to suspect the people who had shown them hospitality. Perhaps Maple and some of the members of her team? Potluck was some archon of man; not a true being of nature. And, while he once discouraged stereotypes, he couldn't deny the zoroark hadn't exactly been the most helpful individual out there. It may not have even be intentional. Powerful psychics could force people to do just about anything by expending enough of their energy. He had weaponized such a tactic in his angrier days.

But, beyond that... it seemed things were over. There was no out. Bahamut was still stuck there. Surrounded by people who, after this fight, would clearly want nothing to do with him. Save for Owen, perhaps, but the kid was trying to be friends with everyone. If there was one team member most likely to get duped by Giovanni's moles, it would be him.

"Everyone go into the portal. You all need to rest," he stoically said.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
It was one thing after another on this fucking planet. No, worse. They couldn't even resolve one damn thing without two more arising to loom ahead. They had unresolved matters dating back practically to their arrival, and now they had goddamn traitors in their ranks, or suspicion of traitors when all were innocent. Brisa didn't know which was worse.

But she did know, even now, as she always would, that they'd pull through. She would give of herself to her duty until Cibus was safe or there was nothing left of her. She dashed for the portal, with Sword's unclear form still secure in her mouth.

That fucking mewtwo son of a bitch. He was a piece of work unlike any other. Go put your face back where the sun ain't shining! she thought, daring the fucking psychic to read her mind.

She glanced at Bahamut just as she came within a tail's span of the portal. There would be no persuading him to do other than that he pleased, she knew.

And then she stepped through.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And so, Giovanni was left behind, and the portal shut. He smirked for a while longer, but then realized someone was nearby. He glanced behind him.

"...You aren't fleeing with them?" he asked.

Xatu continued to stare at the horizon.

"Mm. I've heard of your brothers."

"Yes."

"Your family really is dedicated to their profession." Giovanni approached, arms crossed. "And I believe you have the power to see into the future, just like the others?"

"I do, but the future, historically, has changed. It always changes, every time we look into it."

"I know about the Dialga crisis," Giovanni replied dismissively. "Tell me... what future do you see here?" It was mostly curiosity, though he did wonder if he could get a reaction out of this Xatu. His rule was inevitable, but how long must he wait?

"Ever since the interlopers arrived," Xatu said, "my eye toward it has become... blinded by lights and shadows."

"Hmph. In other words, even your future sight is disrupted by the Blacklight."

"Indeed."

A harsh wind blew through the sands, knocking against Giovanni's psychic barrier.

"Well. Then your power is useless to me, isn't it?" Giovanni asked. He could not sense any lying from this creature, and he did not believe Pokemon to be clever enough for it.

"I believe so."

"Well." Giovanni turned. "Then enjoy your sightseeing. One day, that horizon will belong to me."

He disappeared, and Xatu closed his eyes. The sands spoke to him again, then died down into a soft whisper.

"That was strange," Xatu commented to himself. "I thought he would kill me, yet he didn't."

<><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom