• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sand Continent ~ Isle of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Hey, if you can hear us, we're here to get you out!" Cabot shouted towards HoOh2's door, before turning towards Pleo. "Come on, we should help Darkwhite. I think that's Meringue's brother in there."

The young Lugia nodded, before firing a Thunderbolt at the chamber's door. Cabot quickly joined in with two Stone Edges.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Well, no shadow machine that Nate could see. Thank fucking God for that. Nothing rampaging, either. On the whole, a bunch of shadowed legends still in good shape, and still in their containment chambers, was pretty much the best thing anyone could hope for in this case.

Nate scowled at Darkwhite's assertion that the Mewtwo was working alone--then why the fuck would he bring a bunch of fucking nets with him, when he could paralyze somebody with his fucking mind--and "why did he leave these pokémon behind here" seemed like a pretty fucking good question.

Good questions to answer later, though. When presented with a bunch of shadow pokémon in cages, it wasn't like you decided to take some time off for pondering. Rocky was bouncing on the balls of his feet, smiling hugely and still with his arms bundled full of random Rocket crap. He looked at Nate expectantly, tail lashing with excitement.

"Yeah, yeah, stealth mission's over," Nate said. "Let's help bust these guys out, huh?" Rocky whooped with delight, flames blazing bright while Nate readied a hydro pump for the most damaged of the chambers.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oooooh, look! I found a prize! One bird of resurrection!" Darkwhite pulled out a Ho-Oh that was smaller than average, but still definitely larger than Meringue, out from the chamber. She held him by the neck and tossed him haphazardly over her shoulders, where Owen and several others struggled to catch him in time.

Darkwhite was already moving over to Entei's chamber next. Meanwhile, the efforts of Nate, Cabot, and the others allowed for Raikou and Entei to get thrown out next.

Maple tested something, utilizing a weakened Blade attack on Ho-Oh's feathers. It worked.

"They aren't enchanted with energy suppression," Maple reported.

Something snapped in Brulee's old chamber--on the side, a Poke Ball with an ominous, dark tinge to it appeared in a holder. Was that meant to...?

"Well, that's convenient!" Darkwhite said. "Hey, we should--"

Darkwhite suddenly slammed into the wall, leaving a large, vaguely Mew-shaped impact in the reinforced concrete. Darkwhite let out a cough and a groan, rubbing her head, which had been flattened like a pancake.

"I find it so surprising..."

At the far end of the hall, right in front of Ho-Oh's chamber, was a Mewtwo. There was that same cold, cruel gaze in his eyes, and that seemingly permanent smirk on his face.

"So surprising how the heroes that impede my progress... always enter buildings without knocking. It's as if trespassing simply doesn't matter to them."

Several loose objects in the room lifted into the air by Psychic force.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oh, fuck. Giovanni-Mewtwo didn't have quite the same overwhelming presence the mewtwo Nate was familiar with did, but that meant that it was a hell of a lot easier for the bastard to sneak up on you. Had he been lying in wait the whole time, expecting them to show up, or had they managed to trip some kind of silent alarm?

Nate glanced back at Rocky and thought as hard as he could, Get the pokéball while he's distracted!

The familiar's glowing eyes widened and he clutched the stuff he was holding a bit tighter. Okay, right! We're gonna catch him!

If there was any opening to grab the pokéball and chuck it without the clone just blocking it with a psychic, anyhow. That seemed like their best bet. Hopefully a few full-power attacks or something would put the guy off his game for a few seconds. Nate didn't see any way that the rest of the team weren't about to try punching the guy's face in.

For his part, Nate tried to get himself under control. It was hard to think with his heart pounding like crazy. He kept looking at the damn rubble animated by psychic power, perfectly poised to come down and crush somebody's skull. Not everyone could come back from that like Darkwhite.

Nate took a deep breath and said, with as much confidence as he could muster, "What's up, Gio? Don't tell me you've really been out here slumming it with some pokémon the whole time. Everybody back home thinks you're dead, you know. Well, maybe that's for the best, right? If the other option is having to explain to people that turning into a pokémon is what you've been fantasizing about the whole time."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales growled. So there he was, the accursed human-turned-into-psychic-whatever. He could feel some darkness pooling into his tails, as that infuriating smirk brought out painful memories of his own father. Foxes of a tail burrow together, apparently.

"So surprising how the heroes that impede my progress... always enter buildings without knocking. It's as if trespassing simply doesn't matter to them."

“Oh, indeed. Because trespassing into this world to bring thy malevolent influence is legitimate fair play, is it not?” rebutted Icetales, tails flaring up with frigid energy mixed with darkness. “Why dost thou not return to where thou came from? Thou enjoy bringing mayhem to other planets so much?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
That was... a tiny Ho-Oh. Celeste had known one had existed, thanks to Merangue. But seeing it was different. He felt... somewhat uncomfortable. This was not the Ho-Oh of this world, he owed them no allegiance... but on an emotional level, he felt a respect for them anyways.

Which made it all the more maddening to see Darkwhite sling them over her shoulder like a sack. And all the better to see her thrown into concrete... at least until he saw who was responsible.

"So this is your territory, then? Listen, Human. If you want to throw Grey around, you'll see no objection from me, but if you're going to insist upon trying to keep Higher Beings in these tanks, then we're going to have a problem."

There were a lot of objects floating in the room, but if this Mewtwo threw one at him, then should be able to react in time to get out of the way. If Mewtwo threw all of them at him at once... well, it would make an opening for his teammates, if nothing else.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What's up, Gio? Don't tell me you've really been out here slumming it with some pokémon the whole time. Everybody back home thinks you're dead, you know. Well, maybe that's for the best, right? If the other option is having to explain to people that turning into a pokémon is what you've been fantasizing about the whole time."

Giovanni's smirk grew firmer, his eyes glinting with that odd, hungry, malevolent grin. "In the end, Pokemon are only tools. That is always what I believed in. If you are so familiar with another 'me' from another world, then you must know this, too."

“Why dost thou not return to whence thou came from? Thou enjoy bringing mayhem to other planets so much?”
if you're going to insist upon trying to keep Higher Beings in these tanks, then we're going to have a problem."

"I have long since conquered the world I had come from," Giovanni said. "Perhaps, in other worlds, I was not so lucky. But perhaps they were simply... weaker than I am. Not as strong-willed, or dedicated to power as I am. The resolve to harness a Pokemon's power by whatever means necessary, to truly demonstrate humanity's rightful place as nature's ruler.

"But circumstances led me to become one myself... It is not ideal, philosophically. But..." He raised his hand, and several of the objects floating in the air rotated rapidly. "It will do."

Rocks went flying forward; it was like they had been precisely aimed toward them. And yet, despite this, they missed--they hit the ground, they hit countless servers and walls, yet not a single one struck a team member.

"...What?" Giovanni's smirk disappeared into a bewildered stare.

"Get fucked!" Soda shouted. "Everyone! Get what you can an RUN!"

Soda used Blinding Illusion!

A blinding flash of light forced Giovanni to shield his eyes. To the team, nothing seemed to change, yet when Giovanni uncovered his eyes, he seemed to not know where to look.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Let's leave this clown in the dust!" cried Luz, as she took the opportunity to seize the nearest important looking object and flee.

The temptation to poke that ridiculous blaggard in the eyes was simply enormous, but Luz knew better than to go tempting fate. Better to make the soundest decision and laugh at his failure from a place of safety.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate didn't need telling twice. He turned and sprinted after the rest of the group. And got left behind even worse than usual, now that most of the fuckers had evolved.

Rocky lunged for the pokéball on the side of Brulee's chamber, unceremoniously dropping his netful of assorted Rocket junk to scrabble it out of its holder. Turning back to Giovanni, he hurled the ball at the mewtwo with all his might.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv was overwhelmed. There was so much going on! There was HO-OH in here, the mew-like Pokemon that had confronted them in this room, and now they had to hurry.

They panicked.

Despite their best efforts, a shadowy aura appeared around themself, and three tendrils of shadow shot off. One headed towards the strange Mew-like Pokemon that Nate had called Gio. The second headed towards Nate, and the third towards Luz. Saltriv couldn't see where they were going behind their shadowy aura.

Soon, the aura dissipated. Saltriv hesitated for a second, then grabbed a random object with a vine and bolted out of the room. As they exited out into the hallway, they set the object down onto their pile of items on the net, and began tugging at the net once more with their vines, heading towards the pit where they had first entered this facility.

"Help me move this!" they shouted, tugging the net along as fast as they could.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Everything devolved into chaos so fast, Nip needed to take a second to reorient himself and assess the situation. Most of the pokemon had already fled the room, the chikorita being one of the last. Nip followed after them and began to push against the the pile of junk. "Don't look back," he hissed, despite daring to steal a glance back himself. "Just keep moving!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Turning back to Giovanni, he hurled the ball at the mewtwo with all his might.

It bounced harmlessly off of Giovanni's head, and he glared at where it had come from. A Psychic blast warped the ground beyond recognition, but Nate had just barely left that space by the time the attack came.

"Did you really think," Giovanni said, crushing the ball with an invisible grip, "that would work?"

"Go, go, GO!" Soda motioned for them all to flee. "Maple! We're getting outta here!"

Several more machines went flying in all directions, the servers and other objects apparently less useful to Giovani than striking them down. Owen stood at the edge of the passageway and crossed his arms for a Protect, blocking several incoming projectiles before dropping the barrier.

"Maple?!"

"I'm ready," Maple said. "Take everything you can!"

"What happened...?" Darkwhite mumbled, but then squeaked when Owen grabbed her by the abdomen and ran out the room.

In Wishkeeper's mouth were three Poke Balls, and struggling to haul out Brulee was Wishkeeper, Cabot, and several others. With perhaps seconds to spare, Maple pulled them all into a portal and closed it behind them. Narrowly, somehow, they had all escaped.

<><><>​

Last edited:
R8 ~ Return to the Isle of Light

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
After some delay due to logistics and careful planning and scouting, Maple arranged for a small, specialized team to come with her to investigate the Isle of Light one final time--hopefully to find any remaining clues left of them. With her was Millijoule, Soda, Truffle, and a few members of Team Spectrum and their partners. They couldn't bring everyone. If something bad happened, they needed to escape quickly; they were not prepared for combat. So, instead, they only brought a small team.

"Remember," Maple said. "Stay close, stay quiet, and stay careful. Only split off if you announce where you are going. Do not stray too far from Owen, myself, or any other of our sentinels. And if anything goes wrong, use your Escape Orb. Are we clear?"

The sun was beating over them all. Going inside would probably be a lot cooler...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Understood!" Saltriv answered. They soaked up the sun's rays with their leaf, energizing them for what might lay ahead.

Hopefully they'd be able to find Sword in here.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Yup! I gotcha! I’ll be careful, yeah!” chirped Petram with enthusiasm, wagging his spectral tails.

Finally, an important mission! For him! Yay! He could barely keep his ectoplasm glued to his stone, he was that excited!

He crawled on the roof like a tiny Spinarak, emulating the spies depicted in some books he had read.

“Oh! Oh! But what should we do if we fall into a trap and our Escape Orbs break? Should we scream in silence?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Aww man, there goes my afternoon of wandering around aimlessly in a potentially dangerous part of the world. Whatever will I do with myself?" Puddle dramatically sizzled, remaining in as compact a form as it could. So, a ball. Or maybe a bubble? Whatever, semantics, and more things it didn't really care about. As long as nobody tried to be funny and make puns. Then, things would get difficult.

“Oh! Oh! But what should we do if we fall into a trap and our Escape Orbs break? Should we scream in silence?”

Puddle stared eyelessly at the ethereal fox. "Why... Why do you sound so eager to ask that?" It paused for a moment. "Actually, I don't think I want to hear the answer..."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Puddle stared eyelessly at the ethereal fox. "Why... Why do you sound so eager to ask that?" It paused for a moment. "Actually, I don't think I want to hear the answer..."

“Well, duh! Last time our team came here, that mean human crossdressing as Karat busted everyone!” replied Petram, eyes rolling. “So, we gotta be ready for anything, no? Cover all bases and all that jazz!”

"Are we sure this is a good idea?"

Petram shrugged. “That’s probably one of the worst ideas ever, but hey! Chance aids those who are audacious, or… whatever that saying went, I don’t remember.” He grinned. “And worry not, sib! I gotcha covered~!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom