• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sand Continent ~ Isle of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Ah... I do recall that." Joule nodded. "But it wasn't a Shade, or Shades, that I sent there, no. I had fired a concentrated beam of Blacklight energy instead. I'm not really sure what came over me, really. Now, yes, I did want to expel the Blacklight, and I certainly did, but--ah, how to phrase it... It felt very specific. I was looking for a target, and the moon seemed like a very attractive one. I even adjusted my beam so it would hit it even after accounting for rotation. I do hope that compulsion was not a plan by Giovanni..."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Ah. Well, fuck." That... was about the last fucking thing he'd wanted to hear. But that might explain why Joule had been so adamant with those last attacks, like he was trying real fucking hard to actually annihilate Cibus. Giovanni or who-the-fuck-knew else, that sounded pretty fucking dire.

And it didn't escape him that Joule, while controlled by Giovanni, had gone after the moon, and Silver, the other person they'd been able to recover from Giovanni, had evolved into something pretty damn moony. And where Shield's ability to see Blacklight shit had faded, those two could still see it just fine.

Plus Joule was a necrozma, and Silver was a lunala. One of Bahamut's forms was like a necrozma stuck to that cat thing that was like the opposite number of lunala. Had Giovanni been planning to stick Joule to Silver at some point? Or... was still planning to now, if whatever the fuck was going on with the moon was some kind of backup plan he'd had Joule put in motion.

"Seems like it'd probably be a good idea to head up there and check shit out, then. I was hoping you'd be able to get some shades back that way but, you know, even if you can't... feels pretty important, you know? Don't suppose you're feeling like you're up for a space adventure yet, are you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Joule hummed, even as one of the Shades leapt onto and crawled along his arm, burrowing curiously into it and making little chirping noises. Before Joule responded to Nate, Joule chirped back. "Ah, er, excuse me," he muttered. "I'm afraid going to the moon is beyond my power at the moment. Perhaps when I am in my proper form... ah! Wait--that one tickles--!" He flailed, nearly bashing into the table, as another Shade burrowed into his back. Several more, finally seeing what was happening, leapt onto him next. Had Nate not known the context, it was a horrifying sight, as seven leech-like things disappeared into Joule's flailing form. He made a rattling noise that might have been laughing.

Chip looked ill.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"No problem, Joule," Nate said. That figured. But Joule wasn't the only space-faring pokémon Nate knew around here, either. If it took too long for Joule to get his full power back, there were other options. Hopefully absorbing some shades would help with that. The way they were helping now... right?

Nate had to laugh at Chip's expression. He'd expected Chip to dig this sort of mad-science scene. "What's the matter?" he said. "This is probably, like, the first ever documented instance of, uh, mini-necrozma reuniting with their master form or some shit like that. And he's fine. Uh, right, Joule?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Nope. Haven't seen Maple at all today," Nate said cheerfully. "But you're right, she's gonna be stoked that Joule's feeling better, huh?"

Rocky giggled. "That's not what he meant." The familiar climbed back to his feet, with a small but genuine smile on his face. "You think Maple's gonna think it's cute?" He made a shade chirping noise and giggled again.

Thank god he looked like he was feeling better. Nate had no fucking idea how to handle whatever Rocky was feeling about... like fucking dying, basically? Fuck.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Joule made a few more chittering noises, then slowly got back to a floating, proper stance. "Ah, hrm, yes. Sorry about that. I was... processing things."

"Mago?" Chip tested.

Joule chirped and turned toward the Porygon-Z. When he did so, Chip scribbled down a few notes.

"Interesting... And you're still Joule?"

"I'd like to think so," Joule commented. "I just have a handful of new memories to sort through, is all. How strange... I did not know I had such an ability! But I suppose being a Voice of Light can do that..."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah, that's gotta be a bit of a fucking shock," Nate said. "But that's Cibus, right? Full of fucking surprises. For everybody." He tugged on his gills and glanced askance at Chip. This was kind of awkward now that he had an audience, but he didn't want to leave it until later, what with everything that was going on. "I figure you want to get on with your tests and looking for more shades and all, but there was one other thing I wanted to ask you about. Since you've been back and all, do any of your crew seem, like, different to you? Any of them acting funny at all?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"My crew?" Joule asked, and then he hummed and rattled as he scratched at his prismatic chin again. He chirped, contemplative. "Well, yes. A lot of them have been different. Maple hasn't left my side unless for urgent missions, and usually she can trust that I'd be just fine on my own. I suppose I am vulnerable, though. Truffle and Leg seem to be even closer than before. I imagine the stress has been getting to them and they rely on one another for comfort. Soda and Flesh are similar, but, well, you know how Soda is about hiding his feelings. Potluck has been behaving particularly oddly toward me, though. So awkward at times. Not quite sure why that is."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Sounded normal enough. Certainly Maple being clingy made sense. Although speaking of... Where was she now? Was there some "urgent mission" Nate hadn't heard about that she'd needed to attend to?

Probably. It was just one damn thing after another around here. No doubt Nate would get to hear about it later.

He sighed. The rest of it, well, aside from the Potluck thing, didn't sound like much at all. Was there any chance the weird mishmash pokémon would be up to anything shady? Seemed hard to believe, but the guy would make a great spy simply because absolutely no one would suspect him. And there was all that weird business with the helmet, too.

It wasn't much--probably wasn't anything--but it was worth making note of. For now there were bigger fish to fry, like Red, if he'd stopped being unconscious finally, and of course whatever the fuck was going on with the weird mewtwo.

The fucker was still there, wasn't he? Presumably staring creepily. Nate shuddered.

"Good to know, thanks. Don't think there's any reason to suspect something's up, but with everything that's been going on recently, with Giovanni and all, you know." Nate frowned. "Anyhow, good luck finding the rest of your shades. Hope you feel better once you've, uh, reunited with them and all. Have fun, Chip."

For a moment Rocky looked as though he didn't want to leave, like he wanted to say something more to Joule. Nate was about to say he could hang out here if he wanted when the familiar turned away and made for the doors on his own, and Nate had to hurry after him. "Hey! Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go have fun!" Rocky said in a voice that didn't quite manage to reach his usual level of chipperness. "I think I'll go to the Guild first, and then maybe see a movie or something! Or maybe one of the familiars will want to play. Anyway, that was fun, thanks for bringing me, bye!"

"Wait, Rocky--" But he was already gone. Nate sighed. Yeah, just one damn thing after another. Now Rocky had angst or some shit. Well, whatever. He could handle his impending mortality or whatever the fuck on his own. Nate had enough on his plate already.

<><><>​

R13 – Behold, the Hot and Spicy Crayfish

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Bahamut's plan was the perfect backup plan; it made sense, it... uh... wasn't made by just Puddle. So that was certainly something. But a backup plan needs a... front... down plan? Main plan, that. And, also thanks to Bahamut, Puddle was already working on one such plan.

The Scraggy familiar didn't realize just how fucking far the sand continent was... like, goddamn. Couldn't someone like, make a thing that goes fast to take people places? It was a good thing Puddle gave Groudon a heads up when it started this little venture, and again when it finally arrived.

At least the journey wasn't boring, Puddle went and picked up a friend along the way. Half of their Team Usurpers... which might need a new name sometime soon. "Alright, Rocky... I have literally no idea how Groudon is so, we gotta not say anythin' that'll piss 'im off. And also hope that Rayquaza didn't tell 'im we're idiots."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Got it," Rocky said with a nod. "Groudon helped Joule out when he needed light, too, so hopefully he won't mind helping is, too." Puddle was definitely right about Rayquaza, though. Rocky's gut twisted nervously. After how badly everything had gone with the moon, it was hard to imagine things working out again. But they had to try.

Rocky squinted against the glare of the sun, scanning the horizon for Groudon. It couldn't possibly be hard to find a pokémon that big out here, could it?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It didn't take long for him to emerge from the sands, presumably from a nap. There was no telling how long that nap had actually been.

Lumbering toward them, Groudon gave them a skeptical look. "You don't expect me to make a volcano... and shoot you to the moon, do you?"

Karat was nearby, following them reluctantly but with some uncertainty. He was carrying a bag on one shoulder that seemed to be heavier than usual.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky winced. "N-no. Nobody... is going to the moon. We were wondering if you could help us with Deoxys. Puddle, Puddle has a plan." He looked hopefully to the other shade to explain the situation, uncomfortably aware of Karat nearby, scowling. Puddle would know what to say. Rocky didn't want to screw this up.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle wasn't exactly expecting Groudon to show up from below, but it had to admit... that was kinda cool. Ominous, or something like that. Honestly, hearing Groudon mention the moon stung a bit... but Puddle didn't let it get to it. It might have stung for Rocky a bit more, though.

With Rocky giving it an introduction of sorts, Puddle looked up to Groudon and nodded. Yet another hilariously annoying height difference. At least Groudon looked cool on top of that. "Yep, I'm Puddle. I wanted to ask if you could help us heal or friend, Deoxys. He's... been dormant in his core for a while, and we remembered that you helped Joule way back when, so maybe... you could do the same for Deoxys? Please?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Apparently," Karat spoke up, "he is healed by light from the sun, similar to that Necrozma."

"Hmm..." Groudon made a rumbling sound as he considered it. "I'm not really one for healing. Even that first time was... strange. Where is Deoxys now?"

Karat seemed to wince. He reached into the bag and produced a large gemstone of some kind, which gleamed in the sunlight. "...I can sense him. He's... alive. But he's not aware. We can barely speak..."

"Ah." Groudon shifted awkwardly. "Right. you two care a lot about each other."

"...Yes," Karat finally admitted. "Now, can you help?"

"I don't know."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle flinched. Now that was not what it wanted to hear, far from it! Groudon went and healed Joule with no problem, but when it comes to Deoxys he "doesn't know?"

"C-Could you still try, please?" Puddle asked. It sounded like it was begging, maybe it was, but damn did that feel degrading. "So far, the only other option we have is going back to space, and... I don't think anyone else wants to do that." Other than Bahamut, he sounded willing.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well, your light was able to help Joule, wasn't it?" Rocky said. "It sounds like it works the same way for this. I don't know if it will heal Deoxys all at once, but if he's in the sun for a while..." Rocky's tail flicked once. "Plus I asked M-marshtomp to get a bunch of mirrors so we can concentrate the sun in one place, and maybe that will make it go faster. Puddle's right." He nodded vigorously. "We don't want to go back to space."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...How bright can you shine? Not to, like, rush you," Puddle asked, plopping down on the ground. It might take forever, it might not. Joule is definitely a lot bigger than Deoxys, so hopefully that meant he'd need less time or energy to wake up again. "From the way Bahamut described it, it sounded like it'd be a lot faster than this..."

Then again, Bahamut was kinda vague about it. He never gave an exact time... And there was still a chance that this Deoxys isn't the same as the Deoxys Bahamut would know, so...

...Actually, thinking back on what Bahamut said, there was another option. One that Puddle was still iffy about even considering. It bubbled gently in thought, tapping the side of its head and thinking really hard about it, even muttering softly to itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom