• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Saltriv] Overcast Village

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Burhalla flinched, pulling away again before wincing at the sudden fatigue that washed over him. He was energized yet hurt, a sensation that he was familiar with through combat alongside Saltriv, but not quite experienced himself until just then. "En--enough," he said, pulling away to catch his breath. "I'm... I'm fine. I told you I'd be fine..." More pauses to catch his breath, but then, with a final, relenting sigh, he said, "I... I get it. Maybe you'll wait too long to fight... maybe you'll wait too long for someone to come help... but... maybe you have the will to hang on."

More breathing, but when Saltriv fretted again, he held up a hand to pacify them.

"Just... keep control of things. The Shadows here and the Shadows there... aren't too far apart. And I can't be there to siphon the corruption away. That's... all I ask. But here..." The core was gone; the red light was fading out. "Here, I think... you can last a little longer..."

And with that, his legs gave out, and he had to kneel. The last of Burhalla's red lights went out and, for a flash, there was no flame. Seconds later, though, and his usual colors finally returned, and while the village was empty as ever... it somehow seemed a bit less ominous.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I'll keep control. I promise," Saltriv said, embracing their best friend, as his core faded away.

Then, his lights went out. They nearly screamed, but before they could, Burhalla's now-solid arms were wrapped around them, in a hug. He was still kneeling, but a smile was on his face.

"It's ok. It's ok. I'm here," he said, squeezing his friend tight. "I told you, I'm fine. I'd never lie to you."

Saltriv emitted a squeal of happiness, and hugged Burhalla back tightly.

"Woah, woah! Be careful, I'm still not entirely solid," he said. As Saltriv's hold on him loosened, he looked around.

"You know...this place really does seem nice, even memories aside. If...we ever meet again outside of here, can you take me here? Maybe...maybe then I can meet the people in my memories," Burhalla said, as he looked towards the path to Riverbank Beach with a smile.

"Of course," Saltriv said, smiling back at Burhalla.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The storm seemed to clear, the village around them silent as ever. Rumbles in the far distance suggested a battle ongoing, and certainly where they would have to go next. Burhalla had gone through a trial with Saltriv, and while perhaps he was still worried about them in their own world, at least in this one it seemed that Saltriv had a means to fight. It would only be a matter of hope if that would carry on...

Saltriv's Eternal Spirit awakened!
"I'll save you, too!" - Once per battle, after Saltriv performs at least 4 calls total, they can gain +1 action and double corruption reduction effects next turn.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Let's go. The others need our help," Burhalla said, standing back up.

"Yep. We should go," Saltriv said, a sad smile on their face. They wanted to spend a few more moments here with Burhalla, but he was right. Who knew what could be happening with the others. They needed their help!

And whatever happened, the two of them would face it together.

Together, the two best friends walked into the fog.

<><><><><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom