• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ House of Diyem, Eien, Mellow, and Toast

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa handed over the core with a sigh of trepidation. If it turned out that she'd tried so hard to save this pathetic creature only for him to perish... Gods, that would feel like shit. Even if he recovered fully, he'd been an empty vessel for violent commands all his existence. He'd need so much care...

She closed her eyes. She'd begun to feel so tired again...

"Y'all did great," she said, quietly. "Glad we managed that. Good job."

They'd sealed a creature that had never known kindness in a rock. Good job. Good job...

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut was eyeing the pile of dust with a frown. "Uh, I'm not exactly an expert on metaphysics or whatever you call these godly powers, but I'm not sure that's a good sign." He pointed at it with his tail. "That's Mewtwo's body, isn't it? Or... it was."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Do not worry," Diyem said. "I've gotten more than enough negativity from you to make this work." He spoke briefly with Nate, showed the core that glowed rhythmically, and then placed it in his own pouch. "In the coming days, perhaps you can see him.

He let out a soft sigh. "...That will be all. Thank you all for the help. And you, Red..."

The Charizard nodded.

"I saw what you were doing. It was quiet, but you were trying to speak with Mewtwo, were you not? ...You helped keep him stable. That was important." And perhaps, this was Diyem's way of thanking someone.

"I will let you know if Mewtwo's condition changes soon. But we have other matters to prepare for, don't we?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hint taken, Chief. Keep doin' what yer doin'."

Brisa paced out, with a curious glance at the silent human-charizard. He gave her weirdest vibes. Not bad, exactly. Just . . . confused.

Well, she had enough to be getting on with already.

"Be seein' y'all."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah, we got other shit to do," Nate said with a sigh. He glanced at the parasite still struggling under containment. Was that where Telum's dark matter had ended up, or no? He was feeling like no. Which meant it was still floating around in Maple somewhere, or out there causing trouble. Goddammit.

Not the time for that. They did good. He deserved a break.

"Thanks," Nate said, glancing around at the others arrayed in Diyem's creepy forest house. "Later, I guess." He followed Brisa out, with Rocky marching cheerfully along beside, already itching to talk about the Voidlands and the mewtwo and what they were going to do next.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mmm. Onto the next thing."

Bahamut floated out of the house, then whipped out his badge.

[S0urdough > Pop]: Where are you on the project? Time's dwindling. Let me know when it's time to start the process. Someone familiar with this should be there to make sure nothing happens.

R15 ~ Bahamut

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
On the days that followed, Diyem and Eien took the time to recover as well as they could. The moon's orbit was strange, but it wasn't in the sky for the time being, and the pair occasionally went flying together in the skies. It apparently helped Eien better acclimate to the atmosphere of whatever planet she visited, when she had the opportunity.

But now, they were resting at home. Finally, Diyem's foresight--and perhaps, a rare sense of optimism--paid off, and the gigantic home was just large enough to handle Eien's suppressed form's presence.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut was sleeping in the middle of the road where the team's houses were. Of course it was hard to tell he was actually sleeping given his lack of proper eyes. It really just looked like he was lying there. Like a hobo or something.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Grumbling, Bahamut sat up. "Well, I was sleeping. What do you want?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Check in on them? Pah." Bahamut lay back down, flicking an upper wing dismissively. "Have you not seen them flying around at night? If joy wasn't anathema to him, I would expect them to break into some fairy tale musical number."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"... fine."

Bahamut flicked a wing to open one of the house's nearby windows. "Oy, luvidscs. Owen and his kid are coming in. You better be decent."

Owen was too large to push through the window, but Bahamut could scoop Cal up and plop her on whatever was on the other side of the window.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hey! I'm not some tiny kid anymore, you know!" Cal protested, slithering into the window.

"Tiny to us," Owen hummed, deciding instead to take the door. He could already tell what was inside, though, and that the door was unlocked, so he pushed it open and stepped through.

Diyem was lounging in the back room. Eien was curled around him in a large coil, and Toast was growling somewhere in the corner while tearing apart some kind of chew toy for teething kids.

"Oh, hello," Eien greeted. "Bahamut. Glad to see you're doing well. I was a little worried, seeing you in the streets like that..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Wuh--??!", said Mellow, looking up from her current project.

Raven looked up and blinked, waved to Bahamut, then went back to studying whatever it was she was studying. Probably something about lunar energy and atmosphere.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I don't live in a house," Bahamut said. "More importantly, why is there a sentient loaf of bread?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom