• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ House of Diyem, Eien, Mellow, and Toast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I didn't get it for a while, either," Owen said. "But it's a term that equates your 'heart' with your emotions and feelings. So, sharing your feelings with one another." Owen rubbed his chin, thoughtful. "I think it came from an old, old belief that the mind was actually in your heart. Which, uh, isn't true, but the saying stuck."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"My brain prism is both my mind and the closest thing I have to a heart," Bahamut said, completely straight-faced. "Was it coined by an ancient order of necrozma?"

It was difficult to say whether Bahamut was being serious.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Huh, what a coincidence. So was I."

Bahamut's light and eyes abruptly deemed. He seemed to have fallen asleep on the spot.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It’s sunbathing at the beach.”

Despite still looking to be asleep, Bahamut slithered out the door. The sounds of trampled flowers followed.

R17 ~ Clinging to Hope

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv ran towards Diyem's house as fast as they could. He could help, right? He had to. This couldn't be the end for Dill! It just couldn't!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem's home loomed in front of them like usual, its typical shadowy aura seeping through the cracks. By now, though, it had been a routine to meet up with their technically evil overlord.

There was a growl from within and the door opened, the shadow Charizard staring them down. "What do you want."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"We need help," Saltriv said, barely flinching anymore from seeing the Dark Matter. "When we go back to our worlds...if nothing changes, Dill is going to die again."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"And?" Diyem said, frowning. "People die. That's how life works." He crossed his arms, thoughtful. "I'm pretty sure I only acquired living spirits. What is this distortion? Dungeon capture? I've heard of worlds that do that. They all get freed eventually. That's how such worlds operate." He decided not to mention that 'eventually' can sometimes be a very long time, and there seemed to be something puzzling around in his head despite his words.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
"No, nono, i-it's... agh, it's like the Voidlands, but you never leave! I-I can't go there, not now! I-I don't...!"

Dill tried his best to take deep breaths to calm down.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"But Dill says that he died just before he came here!" Saltriv protested, laying a vine on Dill.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltirv's expression fell. Was there really no hope? Was this really the end for their friend?

They walked over to Dill, and hugged him as tight as they could, tears welling up in their eyes.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem made a low growl, thoughtful, as he glanced at them. "I do understand," he growled. "I created distortion myself. I am a Dungeon maker. I am a Voice of Darkness. This is part of the process of such worlds. And I cannot interfere with such things." He unfurled one wing, revealing a curtain of darkness where his membrane should have been. Little spirits flitted about in his wings like golden wisps of light.

"...But, Diyem, even if such places are eventually freed, it's still quite a time in there," Eien said. "If this is really true, isn't there anything you can do...? After all, you have their spirits now..."

"Mmgh..." Diyem looked off. "I don't have the authority for it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom