• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ House of Brisa, Dave, Koa, and Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked. "Shadow Pokémon? Like... our shadow shit? Dark Matter stuff?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"It's a bit similar, I think. They can't feel any emotions except for empathy and negative emotions, and...they go berserk if they get overwhelmed," Saltriv answered. "Me, Burhalla, and Gen already purified one, but..."

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jesus. Was that like what was going on in Cibus? Hard to tell.

"Why do you say you have to save the world? Isn't there anyone else around? Like, some responsible adults whose job it is to take care of threats?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...when I visited him in Spirit's Edge, Gen told me he was a human. And we woke up in the same place when he first came to my world, so we're going to have to save the world together," Saltriv said, looking down. "I know that the other heroes are going to try to help...but it's ultimately going to depend on us to save the world."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Oh, Christ. They were omen heroes? A human and a teenage Pokémon just pulled in by their world's Maple equivalent to do the world-saving?

Dave flopped into the sofa with a sigh, rubbing his eyes. "Okay, look. This is bullshit. It should not be up to you to save a world. You're fifteen years old. Whoever appointed you as the heroes is a fucking dickwad." He exhaled slowly. "How dangerous is this? Are people dying over there or is it more of a Cibus sort of place?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Their petals tensed up slightly. "Hey, I'm old enough! I'm fifteen! I'm as old as my uncle and his partner when they became heroes!" they said, before relaxing. "I'm not worried about being old enough. It's...something else."

They paused, then continued, "It's...almost exactly like Cibus. All the continents here are on my world, and all the crises that happened here happened there, besides this one, and the heroes are different. Though...my home continent isn't here."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"...Huh." Another alternate Cibus. And their uncle had also been fifteen. Jesus.

He took a deep breath. "Look, I remember being fifteen, I know you feel very grown-up, but where I come from fifteen-year-olds being enlisted to run into mortal danger fighting threats are called 'child soldiers', and we think that's bad. Is this alternate Cibus at least cuddly like this one? Tangible forces of hope and well-meaning gods that wave their hands and make sure things turn out fine?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yep, it's almost exactly like it! Hope helped save the world, and a lot of the legendaries help other Pokemon!" they explained, before swaying their leaf to the side and tilting their head. "What's your world like? Is it a lot different from that?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave sighed, dropping his head onto the armrest. At least Saltriv had been fine in Cibus so far. More than fine; they almost singlehandedly kept half the team from exploding most fights. Some Shadow shit, but nothing life-threatening.

Maybe, in Cibus, Jean could have actually been a fucking superhero. Go figure.

"Yeah. Yeah, my world's pretty different. Kids try to play heroes over there, they're probably getting themselves killed. Kids, teens, whatever."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh..." Saltriv said, their leaf beginning to droop.

"...there've been some Pokemon pretending to be heroes in my world as well, though not all of them are kids. Pokemon trying to convince others that they're amnesiac humans, but every one of them was faking it for fame, fortune, or some other reason," they said.

Saltriv looked down. "One group of them went into a really dangerous dungeon to try to prove themselves, and got themselves killed. My uncle still feels really guilty about it for believing them and letting them go off."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Oh, Jesus. So people were dying.

"Yeah, if that's a thing that's happening on the regular somehow, you should be extremely skeptical." Dave narrowed his eyes at Saltriv. "You really fucking sure your friend's actually a human and not one of these idiots faking it for glory? Because this all sounds like an excellent way to get yourself killed too."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...I'm certain," Saltriv said, swaying their leaf to the side, before frowning. "When I talked to him at Spirit's Edge...he said that he didn't want to be a hero, and that he just wanted to go home. I don't think he'd be pretending to be human if he didn't want to be a hero."

"And...I met him while he was still human, for a couple seconds."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave stared at Saltriv. "...How old is he?" he asked, and had the worst feeling about the answer.

He shook his head. "Look, regardless of what's behind the shadow thing, whoever is forcing the two of you into playing heroes against your will isn't much better. If they've given you some special power to get it done or some shit, they could've at least given it to some of the actual adult fuckers running around pining for danger and desperate to help. Regardless of what whatever comic books you've been reading tell you, heroism isn't some magic sacred duty foisted upon random kids from the outside, least of all when they want nothing to do with it. Kid wants to go home, let him go home, for fuck's sake."

His pulse pounded uncomfortably in his throat. Jean getting scared and coming home might be the only reason she wasn't dead.

"Maybe instead of doing whatever hero thing you're expected to, you should just go find the Voice of Life and kick their ass." And how likely was that to do fucking anything? If whoever the Voice was summoned a scared reluctant kid in the first place and expected them to save the world whether they liked it or not, wasn't like it was any kind of reasonable authority figure that'd play nice. What would they do to a kid who refused to play their part?

Dave clenched his jaw and slumped down onto the armrest again. "If somehow, for some inane reason, nobody but you can do this? At least get some qualified fucking help."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv flinched, taking a step back from Dave. "I...can't bring him home. I d-don't have any powers like that. And...humans don't leave until they do whatever they're summoned for. ...I can't do anything about that."

They hesitated, then added, "...I don't think he's much older than me, maybe a year older at most. But I'm going to get the help of all the past heroes! All of them!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave waved a paw. "Yeah, yeah, not you, I mean the fucking Voice, or whoever brought him there. They should let him go home."

The kid had looked scared for a moment there. Fuck. He rubbed his face, sighing. "And yeah, good. Your uncle and whoever else, adults who actually know what they're doing and have done this before, get them to help. Don't just rush in there alone because you think you need to be the heroes."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Ok!" Saltriv said, before a set of two vines wrapped around Dave in a hug.

"Thanks, Dave," they said, smiling.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave started at the touch. "Hey, whoa, that's--"

It was what? Was he seriously going to tell them to stop? Huggiest fifteen-year-old on the planet who was soon to return to the world where they'd been recruited to save the world by someone who didn't give a shit, currently worrying they weren't enough of a hero?

That night said:
He'd been holding Jean since she came back, rooted to the Kerrigans' couch, fingers tight in the unruly mess of her new hair, through everything. The chaos as the others tried to reach their kids, the news about Will and Mia, most of the others driving to the hospital. The numbness of being left there, with Jean, the only one who didn't have a kid who was dead or injured.

"We were going to save him together," Jean said in a small voice, muffled by his shirt. "I was a bad hero."

She hugged him tighter, and he clutched her mane until his knuckles hurt. "Jean, that's... fuck heroes."

He exhaled slowly and leaned into the vines. "Just... be safe."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I will," said Saltriv.

<><><><><><><>​

R17 ~ Something's Amiss

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
About a week before their planned time against the Blacklight, it was a very rare, lazy day for Team Spectrum. No mission debriefs, no news about developments from Pop or anyone else, and everything seemed to have been settled on who would be joining them and how. It was a rare moment to relax.

While Brisa was relaxing at home, perhaps taking a moment of quiet, the usual, heavy footfalls announced Owen's arrival. "Lunch!" he called, hauling in a few packages of food with him, nearly bumping his head on the doorframe before ducking inside. "Anyone home?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa lifted her head from the arm of the sofa to blink blearily at Owen. She'd been half-dozing, half-watching something on her badge, and near the point of drifting off.

"I'm home if the food's good," she jested. Cibusean food was always good. "Howdy, Owen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom