• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Rocky Road ~ Home of Sword, Shield, Cynthian, and Skara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Far in the back was a modest home that actually had normal proportions from the perspective of anyone from a human world. It was here where Shield and Sword had taken up a residency, along with Cynthian and Skara. Like all of the houses in Rocky Road, it came with four basic rooms. There was a living room that had basic seating on one side and kitchen equipment on the other; further back, down a very short hall, was the bedroom equipped with four beds that were easy to configure and slide around; between them was a storage closet spacious enough for quite a few items and perhaps even Pokemon who needed some time alone; and finally, the restroom in the back corner. Everything was neat and at a proper size for most Pokemon who lived on Cibus, though particularly large Pokemon would struggle to so much as walk inside.

Shield's side of the home was a neat and tidy little place with not much furniture but quite a few books. Sword's portion of the bedroom was a complete and utter mess that was more trash than ground, though Sword claimed that every little thing had its purpose. Surprisingly, and by some miracle, it took Sword no more than a few seconds to find any particular thing strewn about in that room. Perhaps there was a method to her madness...

<><><>

R12 – x – Brisa & Sword

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa had checked on Sword a couple times in the infirmary after the rescue operation, but it seemed that half the team was doing that, and she was out of it half the time, so she left it til Sword was discharged to pay a visit.

"Hallo, any of y'all home?" she called from outside, knocking lightly on the front door. She'd texted Shield to confirm now was a decent time, so, hopefully there'd shortly be a 'yes'.

What would Sword really be like, without all that Blacklight? How would she feel about Brisa, who'd exerted herself so much to connect with her in that state? Brisa wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to make anything of that. It'd be sore, no doubt. That was okay. She'd understand.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
There was a gasp from the other side of the door. "She's here! Shield, get your ass off the couch, she's here!"

"Rgh, you have hands, don't you?"

"No, they're paws!"

"But you use them to grab things, and you don't walk on them, so aren't they hands?" Shield asked.

"No, dummy, because they have cute little beans on them!"

"Okay, but don't I also have those pads?"

"Yeah, so you have paws!"

"No, these are hands. I use them for grabbing and not for walking."

"They're paws."

"Sword--"

"Paws!"

Shield sighed and the door pulled inward. "Hello, Brisa," Shield said. Sword was belly-down atop Shield's head, punching the top of his muzzle ineffectually.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa smiled. Well, that sure seemed promising.

"Sword's right, y'know," she said, with a tiny smirk. "If y'got beans, y'got paws."

She laughed at the mew's delighted expression. "It's nice t'see ya, Sword."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hi, Brisa!" The little Mew waved, full of energy as she rolled forward and dipped in the air by an invisible force. Her tail intentionally obscured Shield's vision. "How come you wanted to visit?"

"Well, probably to see how we're doing," Shield said, flicking Sword's tail away. "Have you been doing alright? I heard things are really picking up at the Tree... Something about Diyem and an unholy bond, whatever that means..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa stepped lightly into the pair's home, her whole body relaxing from the affability Sword was radiating.

"I've been meanin' t'come see how you are an' all since we got ya free and safe," she explained. "But also, I guess... Well, I guess I wanted t'see if y'wanted t'be friends. I never knew fer sure what yer impression of me was after everythin'."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Friends?" Sword asked, tilting her head and flicking the higher ear. "I thought we were already friends?"

"We should be," Shield said with a smile, gesturing for Brisa to come inside. "We've actually been okay. A little weak, to be honest, but that's what happens after taking that... walloping in the Core, well." He sighed. "Still not sure how I survived that..."

"Sheer force of will!" Sword declared, punching the air.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Of course. Of course, yeah, they were already friends. Brisa's face broke out into a relieved smile and her voice cracked just a little.

"Yeah, Sword, we're friends. Jus' real glad you feel that way too after all that's happened."

She eyed Shield appraisingly, fascinated once again by the gleam of his bones in her luxray vision. He really had taken the kind of beating that ought to have killed an immortal. Incredible.

"However you managed it, it was a an epic feat of tenacity fer sure," she remarked. "Y'get t'boast of that one fer th'rest of yer life."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"No kidding," Shield remarked rolling his shoulder. He sighed and relaxed. "...Thanks for checking up on us so often, though. A lot of people have been doing that..." He rubbed the back of his head. "It's a little embarrassing, being looked after so much. Thought we were supposed to be the heroes... I'm getting restless."

"Aww, don't worry too much," Sword said. "Poppy Pop said that he wanted to see us soon anyway! I bet we'll have a super secret and awesome mission later, right?"

Somehow, that made Shield look even more tired.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled. "This is Cibus. All y'gotta do is shake out a satchel-bag and half a dozen heroes will fall out."

So, Pop was gonna talk to them? Somehow Brisa doubted it would be a special mission. She hoped not, for Shield's sake. Poor fella.

"Y'know, if you're gettin' restless, have y'considered a spell in the Colosseum?" asked Brisa. "It's how I spend a lotta my time. I'd go toe to toe with either of ya, or we could do doubles, with Starr as my partner."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Maybe some other time," Shield said, immediately shoving Sword a few feet downward before she could enthusiastically agree. "I feel like I've aged a few decades. Maybe when I can go on morning jogs again... Besides, Zinc'll have my fur if I exert myself. She said no strenuous activity for at least a few more days."

"And she said I was just fine!" Sword added, digging a claw into her own chest proudly. "See? Being a god has its perks!"

"Well, I'm still mortal," Shield pointed out. "And this mortal needs some bed and hot cocoa..."

Sword giggled and said something under her breath.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa grinned and looked for a comfy spot to loaf on. These two, huh?

"Well, fair enough, Shield. I'd probably just hand yer tail t'ya. But Sword's got a point. I'm sure that solo, she could give me a real drubbin'. Sound like fun, partner?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmmmm..." Sword rubbed her chin thoughtfully, tail flicking left and right. "Maybe, maybe. I wouldn't mind trying out some new tricks on you!"

"N-new tricks?!" Shield sputtered.

"Yeah! All that time as Darkwhite really taught me ways to make some pretty cool combos!" Sword grinned, nodding quickly. "Besides, maybe it'll help me get Transform down better. Remember when I turned into a girl you?"

"I still don't know how to feel about that..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Darkwhite had been pretty fucking powerful with Blacklight to hand. Even without that corruption, Sword was doubtless a worthy opponent. She was a deity, wasn't she? By the laws of this world, anyway.

Shield . . . as a girl? ...Huh. She kinda wanted to see that. But no. Not important.

"I'm up fer that," said Brisa, tail swishing in contented enthusiasm as she took up a light sprawl on a piece of furniture. "Just leave me in one piece afterwards, and I'll be happy."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Aw, not two?" Sword asked.

"I--you aren't being serious, right?" Shield asked worriedly.

"Well, I saw this magic trick on that light box where someone cut another Pokemon in half and they were okay," Sword said. "They've gotta have some way to do that."

"Sword, I--that's--" He sighed, rubbing his forehead as he mulled it over. "...I'll show you how to do that magic trick later. How about that?"

Sword beamed. "I get to cut Brisa in half?!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled. "You're a li'l devil, you are." She nodded to Shield reassuringly. "It's okay. I trust her not t'bring me to real harm."

Sword was a real mischief-maker, but Brisa had felt her heart. She wouldn't want to actually hurt a friend. She just liked to get reactions. And that was easily done with poor Shield. Ha.

"I'll pencil in a time an' text ya th'details if you're serioous about takin' me up on it," she drawled.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah, totally!" Sword said, punching the air. "But don't think you'll be able to beat me too easily just because you beat me a couple times before! This time I'm gonna go all out! And stuff!"

"Just remember you aren't actually used to that body yet," Shield pointed out. "You can't really transform that well, either, so you'll be stuck like that in an actual fight."

"Hmph! I bet I'll figure something out. Besides, if those three Creation Dragons can finally get split up, then that means I can transform, too!"

"Those... two things aren't even related!" Shield exclaimed, but he laughed a little anyway and looked to Brisa. "I'll be in the stands to watch, whenever it is. Maybe the energy of the crowd will be what I need."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa took a peaceful breath and allowed herself the tiniest of momentary purrs. This was the best: helping someone by arranging a duel. And she'd get cheered on, too. She'd come to love that.

"Oh, I'm expectin' ya to kick me about easily enough," said Brisa. "Just means I don't need to hold back either! I'm already lookin' forward to it. I'll look fer you in the crowd, Shield!"

She'd see him, too, with those shiny fucking bones he had.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sword giggled. "You're on," she said.

"After everything else is taken care of, at least," Shield said. "Or what you can. Who knows? Maybe I'll be a little stronger by then, too, so I can cheer a little more energetically."

"Yeah, I'd like that," Sword said. "I don't want you to be too tired when you're going out. I want you to have fun!" Sword flapped her little limbs around while laying on a tiny beanbag.

Shield looked surprised, holding his chest with one paw.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Oh? Well, wasn't that real cute. Brisa smiled again to see Sword caring about someone's wellbeing so openly, after months of Darkwhite bullshit.

"It was nice seein' you two," she drawled, languidly getting to her feet. "Good luck with th'rest of yer recovery, Shield. And feel free to shoot me a message if ye'd like t'spend some time, either of ya."

The three of them made their goodbyes, and Brisa made her exit, leaving the Telumite duo to their time together. She'd see them again soon enough.

<><><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom