• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[RFE] Provide the button for the subforum index's Atom feed

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Currently, Thousand Roads forums offers two RSS/Atom link feeds: One is for the whole-site feed (forums.thousandroads.net) and another one is for the current subforum's index:

Code:
<!-- in the <body> -->
<li><a href="/index.php?forums/-/index.rss" target="_blank" class="p-footer-rssLink" title="RSS"><span aria-hidden="true"><i class="fa--xf far fa-rss" aria-hidden="true"></i><span class="u-srOnly">RSS</span></span></a></li>
<!-- in the <head> -->
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS feed for Fanfiction" href="/index.php?forums/fanfiction.4/index.rss" />

Curiously enough, the first one is *not* an actual rel= link, but is still made available with an icon at the very bottom of the page where all the other social icons are. But the subforum-level RSS feed, which *is* an actual rel= link, is not graphically offered anywhere. People might be interested in tracking down specific subforums, in particular if they want to aggregate and organize their feeds by activity (eg.: forum games vs fanfiction writing).

Since the subforum RSS feed is already made available by the engine, there's no particular reason *not* to offer the link somewhere where visitors can actually find it in the web browser interface, since otherwise the only two ways to find it are via examining the source code, or with a RSS feed parser plugin (if any). And while we're at it, we can also get the global RSS feed link fixed to add a rel= tag, so that it can also be discovered by RSS aggregators, perhaps add a copy of the link to the <head> as well.

Top Bottom