• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Exchange Thread!

StolenMadWolf

Loony Moony
Pronouns
He/They
Right, since I'm hungry for feedback to make my fic the best it can be, here I go, plus some info on my own feedback.

Title: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Guardians of Balance
Summary:

The world is entering a new era. Travel between the continents is easier than ever, the towns are growing ever larger and Pokemon are more closely connected than ever before. The Teams have become more numerous as ever, and have become a symbol of the progress and resilience of the world. However, as a new wave of colonisation spreads to the rapidly rising islands of the seas, tensions rise, threatening to fragment everything apart.

As a new wave of natural disasters begin to spread around the world, a human wakes up to find himself transformed into a Pokemon. Thrown into an increasingly fractured and endangered world, the human known as Sam will find himself thrust into an adventure unlike anything he could ever imagine. An adventure where there is far more than meets the eye...

Currently Guardians of Balance is in it's first episode, and is primarily focused on the events around the Sea of Wonders itself. Deeper worldbuilding will come in future episodes.
Rating:
M
Content warnings: There is strong language, strong violence/gore and other potential dark themes including abuse, substance abuse, self harm/suicide, and possible suggestive themes (although the last one will be avoided if possible). I will provide updates and warnings well in advance both here and in a seperate posts.
Word count/chapters on offer: There are currently twenty-two chapters in GoB, compiled into a single episode. That totals out over 80,000 words and that might well top out at 100,000 words by the time the Episode comes to an end (and that is not talking about future episodes). Individual chapters tend to vary in word count, with early chapters being only a couple of thousand words to around 3,500 words max. But starting from Chapter 14 onwards, the chapters have consistently been over 4,000, with the very latest topping out at 8,000.
What feedback I'm looking for: I'm looking at general feedback for the entire fic if possible. However, I can understand how that is a big ask given the size of some of the chapters alone. If you want to offer feedback for specific chunks, that is perfectly fine as well. I would perfer feedback on later chapters, but early chapter feedback is welcome too.
Link: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...dungeon-guardians-of-balance.1092/#post-55893

Feedback information:
What feedback I can offer: I'm not used to giving out feedback, but I could offer general feedback regarding the fic. I do feel that I tend to be more of a worldbuilder, so I'll often provide comments on the worldbuilding of your fic, but I'll try and point out any details that I notice. I will do my best to be constructive, so even if I make a note of any issues, I'll point out stuff I liked as well.
Preferred types of fics: I tend to perfer PMD stories. As how light or dark they are, I do not really mind provided they are SFW. I particularly like serious stuff that has no shortage of light-hearted moments here and there.
Preferred method of contact: Thousand Roads and Discord are ideal, I'm present on the Thousand Roads discord.
Availability: That is highly dependent on my present circumstances, best to actually get in touch with me first to see how free I am.

Theboxcatgamr

Dual-Eyed-Bi-Spy And Definitely not dead
Pronouns
He/one who eat pasta
Title: The great Krungler’s foods and services!

Summary: a regular human man has been living in the Pokémon world for three years and has spent them building reputation in treasure town and making his dream store, the people is he told them he was a rare Pokémon called a “Krungler” and has been avoiding dungeons ever since one of his early dungeon runs went poorly. With the actual human of prophecy finally in town his whole charade and livelihood is threatened. This is the story of his reluctant roll in the prophecy

Rating:
T for Too much swearing and also teen

Content warnings: blood use, swearing, narcotic reference,

Word count: 3100 words. As of December 9th

What feedback I’m looking for: Im trying to figure out if the comedic moments are actually somewhat funny and if this is a good prologue, as well as some ideas as where I can take it next. I know some things but that’s 2 chapters ahead

Link: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-great-krungler’s-foods-and-services.1306/#post-62942

feedback information:
as a speed reader I specialize in blasting through content quickly and efficiently (weather I want to or not), as I’m new I have difficulty picking up flaws in story’s however I enjoy thinking about the plot and story itself and usually can pitch a few ideas for future content (completely optional however. Never forget that in the end it’s your story.)

Preferred types of fics: although I enjoy story’s that involve the author themselves (I find those are usually quite passionate) I can and will read anything you throw in my general direction.

preferred method of contact: Thousand roads, discord, and especially the Thousand roads discord

Availability: immediately until further notice

Top Bottom