• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz: New Years Re-view-lutions!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And caught up on Land of the Roses!

Base: 3
Weekly: 4
Words: >500, 3
Total: 10

Grand total: 297

Tomorrow morning I gotta find one more thing to break 300. Like I said... somewhere... That's my silly goal.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
NOT SO FAST NEB.

A Mew Me: Kuki's Tale - Chapter One
Base: +3
900+ words: +3

Total: 96 + 6 = 102
This miiiiiiiiiiight be the last one, unless I really kick it into gear tomorrow

Pokemon Sword: Reflections From The Past To The Future
Base score: 3
Wordcount: 2
Theme: 4
Total: 9
Running Total: 195
Reviewed The Curious and The Shiny
Theme adherence: +4
Size: +3
Review Total: +10

Reviewed The Curious and the Shiny
Size: +3
Review Total: +10

Reviewed The Origin of Storms
Theme adherence: +0
Size: +2
Review Total: 5

Post Total: +15

Running Total: 44
And caught up on Land of the Roses!

Grand total: 297

Tomorrow morning I gotta find one more thing to break 300. Like I said... somewhere... That's my silly goal.
Reviewed Soul Dissonance
Theme Adherrence: +0
Size: +2
Review Total: +5

Post Total: +5

Running Total: 49
Okay this is probably the last one for real

Soul Dissonance: A PMD Story
Wordcount: 2
Theme: 4
Total: 9
Running Total: 204
All updated! About 2 hours remain; finish strong everyone!

Also, as mentioned in the discord -- I won't be at my computer at exactly the time of the event closing, but it will close with this timer -- just wanted to make that clear if I wasn't available to answer questions.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
well, i'd love to do more, but alas i've got things to do between now and the timer's end... it was a lot of fun, though. thanks for putting it on, kintsugi. we should do another soon. i feel like a bunch of life stuff got in my way through this event but i did a lot anyway, and read a lot of stuff that i really enjoyed, so that's a net positive in my book. again, lots of fun, thanks for putting it on and thanks to everyone who contributed for making it so much fun to take part in!

hands of creation
base: +3
theme: +4
words: +3
subtotal: +10

salvage

kunāne
theme: +0
subtotal: +6

running total: 221

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr

I’m really sorry that I’m just dumping these here but I’m on mobile and super busy right now. Neither one fits the weekly theme so 5 pts for each?

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
well, i'd love to do more, but alas i've got things to do between now and the timer's end... it was a lot of fun, though. thanks for putting it on, kintsugi. we should do another soon. i feel like a bunch of life stuff got in my way through this event but i did a lot anyway, and read a lot of stuff that i really enjoyed, so that's a net positive in my book. again, lots of fun, thanks for putting it on and thanks to everyone who contributed for making it so much fun to take part in!

hands of creation

salvage

kunāne
theme: +0
subtotal: +6

running total: 221

I’m really sorry that I’m just dumping these here but I’m on mobile and super busy right now. Neither one fits the weekly theme so 5 pts for each?
And done, personal goal achieved!

Read the latest chapter of Soul Dissonance.

Final total: 307
Little God, 560 words
Word count: +3
Total: +10

Running total: 41
Wrapping up, including some stuff I meant to claim ages ago...

"Dave and Katherine Discuss Real Life": 3 + 3 wordcount + 4 theme = 10
Sun two-shot: 3 + 3 wordcount = 6
"Thousand Roads Mad Christmas Mash-Up!: 3 + 2 wordcount = 5
Pokemon Sword: Reflections From The Past To The Future: 3 + 3 wordcount + 4 theme = 10
handfuls of dust: 3 + 4 wordcount + 4 theme = 11

Running total: 74
These have all been added! Chibi, I got 9 points for each of your reviews (each between 100 - 500 words; each in accordance with week 3 theme).

masterpost incoming shortly! 👀

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
source.gif

(shown above: how review events sometimes go, left; how you guys turned out, right)

okay okay wowowow! a crazy four weeks have flown by, and I hope everyone had a blast! let's jump right in to the results.

Our valiant reviewers @zion of arcadia, @The Desert Cat, @Equitia, @Virgil134, and @Persephone take honorable mentions for their hard work!

And let the rankings begin!

@Dragonfree starts out our winner's circle in 10th place, with 41 points and 4 reviews! You also averaged the highest number of words per review, at 1250.75! o.O

@Chibi Pika comes in next at 9th place, with 55 points across 6 reviews! You were our most adventurous reviewer, with the fewest percentage of repeat fics!

@Tanuki places in 8th place, with 58 points across 8 reviews! You were also our most loyal reviewer, with 37.5% of your reviews being given to the same fic (The Curious and the Shiny)

@Negrek takes the field in 7th place, with 74 points across 9 reviews! You had the longest review in the competition, clocking in at a whopping 2271 words!

@NebulaDreams comes up next in 6th place, with 99 points and 10 reviews! You had the highest percentage of theme adherence, with 100% of your reviews being in-line with the theme of the week!

@canisaries is here in 5th place, with 102 points and 13 reviews! You were our maverick reviewer, with the least amount of reviews following the theme adherence!

@Umbramatic is taking the stage in 4th place, with 200 points and 24 reviews! You were the comeback kid of this event, coming in hot from week 2 and never letting up!

@windskull claims 3rd place, with 210 points and 22 reviews! You were the most loyal to a single story, with 5 reviews to catch you up on Broken Things!

@qva finishes in 2nd place, with 221 points and 23 reviews! You had the highest overall wordcount of the event, with a jaw-dropping 19,233!

and finally...

@Namohysip takes the champion's seat for 1st place, breaking out at 307 points across 32 reviews. An unquestionably huge achievement, you were consistently prolific each week and averaged more than one fic per day! An undisputed hero.

And overall I'm beyond blown away by the participation here. As a group we wrote 191 reviews in the past month, hitting 51 total stories and spanning 118,419 words. That's equivalent to one entire Twilight of reviews. If you're interested in seeing specific breakdowns, check out the third sheet of the leaderboard tracker here! Thank you all so, so much for helping start the new year off right here! Congratulations to everyone who participated

Last bits of logistics -- prizes will be done in the prize thread here to keep things a bit more organized, and a post-event discussion thread will be going up shortly!

in closing,
8QYacyh.gif

thank you!​

Last edited:
Top Bottom