• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz III: Points and Logging Thread

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
tumblr_mficpu7muV1rxsftpo1_500.gif

(except like it's reviews in the boxes)​

This thread is for logging points for Review Blitz. If you:
  • Have questions about specifics for what qualifies for points, etc, please check the Rules and Guidelines Thread and ask any questions you may have there.
  • Want to engage in general chitchat with other community members about Blitz, find some cool fic recs, and so on, check out the General Chat and Hype Thread.
  • Are trying to spend your points, check out the Prize Claim Thread.

If you have questions about specifics for what qualifies for points, etc, please check the Rules and Guidelines Thread and ask any questions you may have there. If you'd like to participate in general chitchat with other community members about Blitz, find some cool fic recs, and so on, check out the General Chat and Hype Thread.

Logging Format: Please use the following format when logging your reviews:
Fic Title: [Title, as posted in the thread's title] Link to Review: [link separately here] Number of Chapters Read: [an integer number that is 1 or greater] Weekly Theme: [Yes / No]

We'll do the rest! Feel free to track your own points, word count, etc if you'd like, but that's not a requirement and we'll be double checking those regardless. If you have any questions, please reach out to @kintsugi, @Pen, or @Negrek, or pinging @blitz-logistics in the Discord!

---

Note: The following fics are exempt from Review Blitz, and reviews written for them will not be valid for points.
Additionally, reviews must be posted to Thousand Roads to be valid for points. Not sure what that means? Check out the Forum Guidelines and sign up today!

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Timers and Logging​

>>> Leaderboard <<<
(check how many points you and your fellow members have here)

>>> Review Blitz Opens <<<
(December 26, 2022, 18:00 EST; click the blue link above for a timer)
  • Week 1 Closes: January 02, 2022, 18:00 EST [link]
  • Week 2 Closes: January 09, 2022, 18:00 EST [link]
  • Week 3 Closes: January 16, 2022, 18:00 EST [link]
  • Week 4 Closes: January 23, 2022, 18:00 EST [link]

Weekly Theme Bonuses: these are claimable once per story per week, and are worth 0.5 points each time you claim them.
  • Week 1: New Faces! Review a story you haven’t reviewed before.
  • Week 2: Short n’ Sweet! Review a oneshot.
  • Week 3: Spread the Love! Review a chapter with less than four reviews. (Any chapter with less than four reviews at the start of week three qualifies.)
  • Week 4: Friendly Fire! Review a story by another participant in Blitz. (Anyone with points logged in this year’s Blitz at the time of your review counts as a participant.)

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Scoring Points​

The point calculation formula is unchanged from last year.

Points = [Number of chapters reviewed] OR [Total Review Wordcount/250, rounded down], choose lower.

Wordcount calculated by this word counter. Review wordcount does not include quoted words from the story itself. If you plan on quoting from the story or from a different source (i.e. any words in the review that were not written by you), please use the TR quoting feature in order to make verifying your word count a little easier.

Sample Scenarios:
  • I write a 250 word review of a single chapter. I receive 1 point (1 chapter reviewed = 1 points; 250 words = 1 point; between 1 and 1, 1 is lower).
  • I write a 500 word review of a single chapter. I receive 1 point. (1 chapter reviewed = 1 points; 500 words = 2 points; between 1 and 2, 1 is lower).
  • I write a 250 word review of two chapters. I receive 1 point (2 chapters reviewed = 2 points; 250 words = 1 point; between 2 and 1, 1 is lower).
  • I write a 500 word review of two chapters. I receive 2 points (2 chapters reviewed = 2 points; 500 words = 2 points; between 2 and 2, 2 is lower).

Still confused? That’s okay. All you need to do is post a link to your review in the logging thread and we’ll handle the rest.

BONUSES
  • Repeat Bonus: for every three chapters of a chapterfic you review, you receive an additional bonus point!
    • Keep in mind that this is subject to the constraints of the point calculation formula. So a 500 word review covering three chapters of a story will not net you a bonus point, because the formula only counts that as a review of two chapters. However, if you reviewed again with a 250 word review, you would receive your bonus point for having reviewed three chapters.
    • This one is also calculated automatically, so no need to tally how many chapters you’ve been reading.
  • Weekly Theme Bonuses: these are claimable once per story per week, and are worth 0.5 points each time you claim them.
    • Week 1: New Faces! Review a story you haven’t reviewed before.
    • Week 2: Short n’ Sweet! Review a oneshot.
    • Week 3: Spread the Love! Review a chapter with less than four reviews. (Any chapter with less than four reviews at the start of week three qualifies.)
    • Week 4: Friendly Fire! Review a story by another participant in Blitz. (Anyone with points logged in this year’s Blitz at the time of your review counts as a participant.)

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
White Swan, Black Swan
Number of chapters: 1
Weekly Theme: Yes (new story I've never read before
First blood! Logged!

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Stray
Number of chapters: 1
Weekly theme: No.
Might be 1K+ words. Not sure.

the envy of eden (watch me accidentally capitalize all the words in that title one day)
Number of chapters: 2 technically, but it's not line by line and sort of general. Staff can decide if it counts as one or two chapters.
Weekly theme: No.

Fic Title: Making it Big
Link to Fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/making-it-big.902/post-50778
Number of Chapters: 5
Weekly Theme: Yes

Fic title: envy of eden
Link: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-envy-of-eden.351/post-50781
No. of chapters: 3
Weekly theme: no

Fic title: Of Sand and Shadows
Link: Pokémon - Of Sand and Shadows | Page 7 | Thousand Roads Forums
No. of chapters: 17
Weekly theme: Yes!

wowowow we are starting the year of STRONk. great work; folks. logged!

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Fic Title: White Swan, Black Swan

Post in thread 'White Swan, Black Swan' https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/white-swan-black-swan.551/post-50792

No. of chapters: 1

Weekly Theme: Yes.

Fic Title: the envy of eden
No. of Chapters: 2
Weekly Theme: Yessir

Prologue and Chapter 1 Review

Hoenn Short Stories Collection: The Elite
Number of chapters: 3
Weekly Theme: No

Fic Title: Sweet Sacrifice
Number of Chapters: 9
Link to Fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/sweet-sacrifice.627/post-50804

Fic Title: in the howling of the wind/in the echo of the ocean
Number of Chapters: 2
Link to Fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...nd-a-gracefulshipping-two-shot.923/post-50805

Fic Title: Once A Thief

Link to Fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/once-a-thief.854/#post-44286

Number of Chapters: 1

by the power of teamwork, bluesidra and i have you all logged! great work and great reviews y’all, let us continue to acquire that bread. 😤

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
alright, here we go!

Fic Title: Weaversong
Link to Fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/weaversong.937/post-50813
Number of Chapters: 1

I didn't realize it started this weekend oops Marty Cinnamon got me distracted.

Fic: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescuers of Light
Link to fic: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/pokémon-mystery-dungeon-rescuers-of-light.916/post-50815
Chapters: 3
Weekly: Yes
gotcha both logged up.

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3

kintsugi