• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz III: General Chat & Hype Thread

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
pokemon-farfetchd.gif

note: thread gifs were crowdsourced from the volunteer crew, and you'll never guess who recommended this one.
[link to announcement and discussion page]

Review Blitz is our annual forum event wherein we do a ton of reviews and generally have a good time. Click the link above for the announcement/general rundown, and check out last year's thread if you'd like a broad idea of what to expect!

This is a general purpose thread for chitchat about Blitz--feel free to share art, prizes you've received, prizes you've made, fics you've read, and anything else about Blitz.

This thread is for general chat for Review Blitz. If you:

---

To kick off discussion: with Blitz starting in a little under ten days, what stories are you looking forward to catching up on? :quag:

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
tbh i started blitz as an excuse to tackle my to-read list, and every year it gets longer and i wonder where all the time has gone lolol

but here it is, alphabetized!
  • Broken Things
  • Continental Divides (i KNOW right)
  • Dragon's Dance
  • Foregone Conclusion
  • Hey, Space Cadet!
  • The Long Road
  • Making It Big
  • Instruments of Creation
  • i owe love like six things and i forgot all of them
  • Salvage
  • White Swan, Black Swan
  • to be continued ... forever, always ...
at least two of these I have promised "if I don't finish this by blitz you can [have my firstborn or something equivalent]", so this should be ... good.

and since i enjoy pain, if you're interested in review exchanges, hit me up lol!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
My current list for Blitz is:

• Of Sand and Shadows
  • White Swan Black Swan
  • Different Eyes
  • Hunter Haunted
  • Dragon's Dance
  • The Long Road
  • Legends Legacy
  • More to come

slamdunkrai

bing.com
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. darkrai
  2. snom
Goals for the Blitz:
  • Finish/catch up on: envy of eden, Dragon's Dance, White Swan Black Swan, Hunter Haunted
  • Start: Of Sand and Shadows, Foregone Conclusion, Salvage
  • Probably aim to get a few oneshots in there too
Greatly honoured to see my fic pop up on... uh, any list at all, really; I hope it lives up to expectations! :>

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
This year my schedule is just as busy as last, so I'm not planning to set any hard goals. Reading isn't too hard to do since I can do tts, but finding the time to write a big, indepth review is difficult. So instead, I'm planning on a loose goal of about 15 "impression" reviews. I don't have a full list in mind, but I'm hoping to read more LC and check out salvage, among others.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The least ideal timing for me was chosen for the event, so it's really just going to be randomly looking at stories if I have the time and hoping I'm lucky enough for someone to include my stuff.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I'll post a list later but I'm super excited! Looking forward to check out some fics I haven't read before too, maybe try some stuff I don't read a lot.

My goal will also include not stressing myself out about reviews and just trying to include thoughtful temperature reads

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
Got a link?

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
i can’t imagine who chose the gif on the first post, but i do imagine they’re irresistibly charming and adorable.

lot of stuff i want to get to this year. my big priorities are reviewing the rest of eoe, wsbs, and the entirety of hey space cadet. ideally i’d like to wrap up osas as well. i really want to start broken things, though i’ll probably be doing that sporadically and don’t expect to come anywhere near finishing. time permitting, i’d also like to give the long road and hunter haunted some love.

Probably a stupid question but how do you get .epub files to play as Audiobooks of Apple Books?
epub is an ebook format, not an audiobook format, and to my knowledge ibooks doesn’t have tts built in, so i don’t believe there’s an easy way to do this. the only way i can think of is enabling the “read screen” option in your phone’s accessibility settings, though you’ll want to be sure to disable it again when you’re done reading/listening.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Probably a stupid question but how do you get .epub files to play as Audiobooks of Apple Books?
Android user, but the way I handle it is through a ereader app that has tts options. There's probably an app on apple devices that can do the same.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Unfortunately I don't use TTS and can't really comment at all on options for that. But! I come bearing Blitz hype.

I'm trying to keep my goals pretty down to earth for this Blitz. I'd like to catch up on reviewing Dragon's Danger and Hey, Space Cadet, and also toss off some reviews to one-shots and stories that are just a couple chapters in that I've missed over the last few months. (E.g. I need to read some of Walrein's recent fics!) There are... many... other chapterfics I'd like to get caught up on, but I'm going to start with those two and then add another if I'm able to catch up with them!

I'm also down for review exchanges during Blitz--just hit me up. I enjoy reading most things!

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
I'd like to catch up on reviewing Dragon's Danger
that sounds like a cool fic. Link?

Keeping my chapter-fic read list short, since some of these have quite a lot of chapters in them:

- Foregone Conclusion
- Salvage
- Instruments of Creation
- Hey, Space Cadet

Besides these, I'll definitely reviews random oneshots and check out stories by people whose work I haven't reviewed before. If you want to do a review exchange during Blitz, I'm also down!

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
Oh man, Hey Space Cadet is really booming :D
And wouldn't you know, it's on my list too

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
My heart's fluttering seeing my fic mentioned in this thread for Blitz. Mad based :quag:

Anywhozzies, I have a massive fucking list. Like, my god, why am I like this? I have the fics I want to fully catch up on, then the fics I'd like to get started on. My catch-up list is going to take precedence, then I'm going to trek into my 'to start' hopefully. Of course, I am also down for a review exchange always, so hmu :giggle:

[*]Of Sand and Shadows (a la review exchange with Yellow)
[*]Legendary Adventures
[*]Hunter, Haunted
[*]Eternal Shadows (a la review exchange with Bench)
[*]The Loser
[*]Hybrid Series
[ ✅ ]Different Eyes
[*]26 Years Ago
[*]Legendary Adventures
[*]Seiren

[ ✔️ ]Broken Things -- Chapter 3 Next
[*]Sweet Sacrifice
[*]Wandersword
[ ✔️ ]Salvage (a la review exchange with Negrek) -- Chapter 7 Next - EXCHANGE COMPLETE
[*]The Quest for the Legends
[*]Fledglings
[*]Spring
[*]Dragon's Dance (a la review exchange with Pen) -- Chapter 3 Next
[*]Weaversong
[*]Hey, Space Cadet!
[*]Whispers of a Dying Flame
[ ✔️ ]Do Psychic Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? (a la review exchange with SparklingEspeon) -- Chapter 3 Next
[ ✔️ ]the envy of eden (a la review exchange with kint) -- Chapter 3 Next - EXCHANGE COMPLETE
[*]The Legendrian Chronicles
[✔️]The Long Road -- Chapter 4 Next
[*]Path of Valor
[ ✔️ ]Places We Call Home -- Chapter 2 Next
[ ✅ ]pcb000
[✔️]Pokemon: Heroes and Villains (a la review exchange with Torchic) -- Chapter 5 Next - EXCHANGE COMPLETE
[*]Foregone Conclusion
[*]Hands of Creation
[*]The Meaning of Power
[*]The Verdant Ones

[✔️]Inke's Drabbles
[✔️]Torchic's Drabbles
[*]Shadowblood Excalibur
[*]Stained Paws

✔️=In progress

✅ = Completed!

Last edited:

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Oh, good, I haven't missed it yet.

*has hardly been on here since last year's Review Blitz* <.< >.>

. . .

. . .

. . .

I think I have a list, too, I just need to dig it out from . . . somewhere.

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
the most hype part of blitz is upon us--changelogs/errata, debating optimal ways to score points, and finding the reaction gifs for those juicy reviews

(if you're actually excited about rules-related changelogs, or even if you're not, be sure to check out the rule thread to see what's up this year!)

week 1 opens in less than three days, and the weekly theme is:
Week 1: New Faces! Review a story you haven’t reviewed before.
What new thing will you close the year with?

Top Bottom