• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021 - Discussion

What timeframe runs best for you?

• December 6 - January 3

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • December 13 - January 10

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • December 20 - January 17

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • December 27 - January 24

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
aaaand that's a wrap for this year! week 4 was full of friendly fire--who had the friendliest fire?
unknown.png

The last-minute jostling for the ladder was definitely a battle of chaotic proportions, with champions rising and falling out of nowhere. But before we go through the final ladder proceedings, let's take a second to just appreciate the sheer volume of creative output in Blitz this year! With a whopping 511 reviews, covering 1235 chapters and 521892 words written--that's all in the span of four weeks! This year's Blitz was met with an insane amount of participation, and everyone should be really proud of themselves; this was a crazy way to start out the new year!

The summary of fics reviewed is basically a rainbow:
unknown.png

[there's an interactive version of this chart here!]

Shoutouts to @HelloYellow17 's Of Sand and Shadows, which received an insane 31 reviews this month! Close behind was @Bench 's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Eternal Shadows, which saw a tidy 24 reviews of its own.

But who was the power behind that throne?
unknown.png

[there's an interactive version of this chart here!]

---

But the ladders in these parts are bathed in blood, despite OSHA regulations stipulating otherwise.

In a neck-and-neck 5th place, with 73 points written across 31,705 words and 29 reviews (+ art prizes! the talent never stops!), it's none other than @qva! Last year's runner up is one the podium again, and she was on the prowl! With a tidy 10 more reviews and 10,000 more words than last year and still kicking butt the whole way--she's moving up and up, folks!

In 4th place, with a hefty 78 points spanning 26 reviews and 26,447 words, it's @Flyg0n! New on the block but not new on the scene, our resident Flygon lover was not here to play games! Securing her spot on the throne with a stunning 15 points in the last 24 hours, Flyg0n had an explosive finish to an already-impressive strategy throughout.

And coming in at 3rd place, with 92 points, 29 reviews, and 22,506 written, we have @Navarchu! Playing the long game, Navarchu took week 3 off and still stands victorious--with a stunning 41 points in week 4 alone, this was a comeback that's fit for the record books!

In 2nd place, with 102 points, 34,756 words, and 37 reviews, it's @Flaze! In a tragic twist of fate, Flaze aimed for 100 points and failed spectacularly, by ... doing even better. What a flex. Averaging at more than one review per day, Flaze took no prisoners, and locked down his lead without letting up.

And your grand champion for this year, with a jaw-dropping 151 points across 80,522 words and 60 reviews. The dragon queen, breaker of comma chains, em dash lobbyist, khaleesi of the great grass sea, mother of airstrikes, the unburnt ... it's @Pen!! She heard the bells and bathed TR in sweet, sweet reviews, and we are all better off for it.

-

Some logistics:

A huge special thanks to the prize wheel volunteers: @Tanuki @Dragonfree @qva @OldschoolJohto @SparklingEspeon @canisaries @Flaze @HelloYellow17 @Pen @Persephone @Cresselia92 @windskull have been working non-stop to make sure that prizes are rolling out for everyone, and they're the lifeblood of this event! I genuinely didn't expect this massive spike in activity from last year, and these volunteers have been working around the clock to keep up with the surges in points--76 prizes paid out and counting! If you haven't received a roll yet, please please be patient with us; we haven't forgotten you! We'll still be working in the upcoming weeks.

Some typos/additional stats pending once I iron out the data entry a bit! Keep your eyes peeled for that + a post-mortem thread if you've got feedback for next year. Also, for top 5, I will be messaging you separately about your prizes!

Some sentiments:

Wow. What a month. As the host--but primarily as a reviewer and as a member of the TR community--it was truly insane watching this grow and flourish. So many new faces, so many people trying their hands at reviews--you guys brought a warm spot to my winter and I'm glad we could start the new year off on a good note together. Fanfic communities live and die on their members, and it was genuinely a pleasure to watch everyone get so invested in this event; the turnout this year was ridiculous and otherworldly. I was already stunned by last year, but this year we knocked it out of the park, with more than double the activity in every single metric (reviewers, reviews, word count, chapters). Thank you all for the work you've done for the community; it's been personally humbling to see how much we can achieve.

b58c99a0d938cf4a7b9af289cc6aa2759a11c6bd_00.gif

kint out! byeeeeee. i enter the long sleep. just kidding. no rest for the wicked

---

image0.png

Artist: @Cresselia92
Fic:
Making It Big, by @Pen

---

2021-01-05-zoroark.png

Artist: @Dragonfree
Fic:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Liberators of Fate, by @Navarchu

---

espy_prize.png

Artist: @windskull
Author: @SparklingEspeon

---

flaze-blitz-reward.png

Artist: @qva
Fic: The Streets of Lago,
by @Flaze

---

image0.png

Artist: @HelloYellow17
Fic: Morphic,
by @Dragonfree

---

theria_beans.png

Artist: @kintsugi
Fic:
World Myth Encyclopedia, by @Persephone

---

foliga.png

Fic:
The Vagrant Mystery Dungeons, by levelwhat; requested by @zion of arcadia

---

ec9842e23c241ba7ab5d5809bb0a42cbcbe10dcf.png

Fic: Bouquatro,
by @canisaries

---

ME1lK2H.png

Fic:
The Suicune's Choice, by @Pen

---

image0.png

Fic:
Continental Divides, by @OldschoolJohto

Last edited:

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Thanks for emceeing this, Kintsugi! It was definitely a fun event.

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
I'll say the same for the post-mortem and feedback thread, but tagging in here as well!
Thank you for hosting this Review Blitz event, kintsugi! So much work in the background while also writing so many lovely reviews!
Huge appreciation to all the Review Blitz prize wheel volunteers & contributors! You all are wonderful and amazing ☺
This was a really fun community event, and I had a great time participating with everyone! :grin:
let's take a second to just appreciate the sheer volume of creative output in Blitz this year! With a whopping 511 reviews, covering 1235 chapters and 521892 words written--that's all in the span of four weeks! This year's Blitz was met with an insane amount of participation, and everyone should be really proud of themselves; this was a crazy way to start out the new year!
511 reviews! 1235 chapters! 520k+ words! (this is my "good fic much wow" review response, as you can see)
123 unique works reviewed, many reviewed multiple times and different chapters by different blitzers!
A huge special thanks to the prize wheel volunteers: @Tanuki @Dragonfree @qva @OldschoolJohto @SparklingEspeon @canisaries @Flaze @HelloYellow17 @Pen @Persephone @Cresselia92 @windskull have been working non-stop to make sure that prizes are rolling out for everyone, and they're the lifeblood of this event! I genuinely didn't expect this massive spike in activity from last year, and these volunteers have been working around the clock to keep up with the surges in points--76 prizes paid out and counting! If you haven't received a roll yet, please please be patient with us; we haven't forgotten you! We'll still be working in the upcoming weeks.

Some typos/additional stats pending once I iron out the data entry a bit! Keep your eyes peeled for that + a post-mortem thread if you've got feedback for next year. Also, for top 5, I will be messaging you separately about your prizes!

Some sentiments:

Wow. What a month. As the host--but primarily as a reviewer and as a member of the TR community--it was truly insane watching this grow and flourish. So many new faces, so many people trying their hands at reviews--you guys brought a warm spot to my winter and I'm glad we could start the new year off on a good note together. Fanfic communities live and die on their members, and it was genuinely a pleasure to watch everyone get so invested in this event; the turnout this year was ridiculous and otherworldly. I was already stunned by last year, but this year we knocked it out of the park, with more than double the activity in every single metric (reviewers, reviews, word count, chapters). Thank you all for the work you've done for the community; it's been personally humbling to see how much we can achieve.
Again, you all rock! Prize wheel volunteers and blitzers, and the TR community at large! ☺

Last edited:

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
bee tee dubs--sorry for all the thread hopscotch, but if you've got any thoughts for improvements for next year, please please take a look at this thread! It is only fitting that at the end of Review Blitz, we turn our reviewing sights to ... Review Blitz itself.

also, as promised, more complete stats breakdowns below:
  • [reviewer stats] - click here to see your reviewer stats for word written/chapters reviewed, which fic you reviewed the most, etc.
  • [fic stats] - click here to see stats for which stories got reviewed and in what ways

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Thanks for doing this =) I unfortunately flopped in the last couple of weeks (too distracted by video games!) but I had fun! It encouraged me to pick up on LC, and I even read new stuff. Great fun, and I look forward to any similar future events! =D

Top Bottom