• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021 - Discussion

What timeframe runs best for you?

• December 6 - January 3

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • December 13 - January 10

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • December 20 - January 17

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • December 27 - January 24

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Good luck to everyone participating.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
crossposting from the main thread, courtesy of Negrek <3

unknown.png

---

Also, some balance notes:
Week 3's phrasing has been updated:

• Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) that had 2 or fewer reviews on TR prior to the start of this week. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.
Additionally, while offsite reviews are still eligible for points, they will not be eligible for the Week 3 theme.

old week 3 theme phrasing, for reference:
Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) with fewer than 2 reviews on TR. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.

---

And finally, if you're interested in volunteering for prizes, there is now a point-incentive for doing prizes. This is +2 for art prizes; +1 for review prizes that do not satisfy the weekly theme (in addition to points scored by the review itself)! Message me if you're interested!

Last edited:

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
crossposting from the main thread, courtesy of Negrek <3

unknown.png

---

Also, some balance notes:
Week 3's phrasing has been updated:

• Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) that had 2 or fewer reviews on TR prior to the start of this week. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.
Additionally, while offsite reviews are still eligible for points, they will not be eligible for the Week 3 theme.

old week 3 theme phrasing, for reference:
Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) with fewer than 2 reviews on TR. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.

---

And finally, if you're interested in volunteering for prizes, there is now a point-incentive for doing prizes. This is +2 for art prizes; +1 for review prizes that do not satisfy the weekly theme (in addition to points scored by the review itself)! Message me if you're interested!

Oh, thanks, Negrek! : D

Also I was curious about the detail on week 3, and was planning to ask sometime whether it was by the start of week 3 (Dec-27, 0500 UTC-0) (which is what you mean by "start of this week", I see), or by real-time full with fun race conditions!

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Oh, thanks, Negrek! : D

Also I was curious about the detail on week 3, and was planning to ask sometime whether it was by the start of week 3 (Dec-27, 0500 UTC-0) (which is what you mean by "start of this week", I see), or by real-time full with fun race conditions!
It refers to the start of week 3!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
What are these counters?

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
What are these counters?
These are for people who want to track their progress in the Blitz! You can set your own goal (reviews written, points scored, or words written), and then your pokemon will level up as you get closer and closer to reaching that goal.

You can message Negrek if you’d like to set one up—she’d need your goal as well as a name/species/gender for your pal.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
finished art prize for @windskull of muse the absol! click to view on deviantart.

windskullabsolprize.png

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Going to post blitzmon counters people have requested here so their owners can grab links! I'll try to update these daily; once you've copied the link, you won't need to keep changing it or anything--the image will change automatically when I update it.
Finally snagged mine! Thanks again for making these and other fun forums toys for us to enjoy. <3

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Wott friend! :D

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
And that's a wrap for week 1!

The ladder is too large to fit on my screen at this point, so kindly enjoy this very large, zoomed out JPG because it is far too late in the night for pixel stitching:
unknown.png

This week has been absolutely crazy! Whether you were watching the massive brawl for the top or you were coming into your own, I think there was a bit for everyone. Ladder aside, how do we even visualize what happened here? honestly idk i'm not really a data scientist 143 reviews written; 76 stories reviewed; 27 reviewers--here's a look at all the fics reviewed across week 1 in chart form!
unknown.png

or maybe you're more interested in seeing which authors TR was looking at?
unknown.png

"kint, graphs are boring and also this is completely untrimmed data so it's kind of meaningless and all of the PMD fics are at an inherent disadvantage because I can't see their title and I have no contextual understanding of what 0.7% would even mean in this setting--"
to which I say, this is fair! let's oggle at some fanart instead, both from the community and from the prize wheel!!:
image0.jpg

Artist: @qva
Fic: Contintental Divides,
by OldSchoolJohto
---
image0.jpg

Fic: Dragon's Dance,
by Pen
---
index.php

Artist: @canisaries [dA]
Fic: Places We Call Home,
by windskull
---
equitaart.png

Artist: @windskull
Fic: Find A Way Home,
by Equitia
---
image0.jpg

Artist: @HelloYellow17

:quag:
it's been fantastic seeing the shenanigans that are coming out of this, and I wish you all the best of luck as we enter week 2!

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
With 84 reviews written spanning 63,147 words, how'd Week 2's spot as catch-up week go for everyone? This weeks theme gave more points for reviewing a fic you've already read before—in retrospect, should've called it 'gud fic upd8 more' for the memes, but here we are.

Let's open up with the ladder, which gets comically more and more zoomed out each week:
unknown.png

With 4 new competitors entering the fray, scoring a whopping 79 points between them, it looks like it really could be anyone's game still. Who was making the big jumps with the points this week?
unknown.png

But let's flip the script a little. This week was all about revisiting old faves. Which fics were we catching up on? Here's a distribution of the total chapters read this week, sorted by the fics
unknown.png

"kint you still haven't fixed the issue where PMD fics have the entire title block taken up by the spelling of Pokemon Mystery—"
wow look at this cool fanart!
canis_bouquatro_gift.jpg

Artist: @OldschoolJohto
Fic:
Bouquatro, by Canisaries
---

2be23c6869f52ecc5c74d67a17594cca777abfa6.png

Artist: @Dragonfree [tumblr]
Fic:
Wandersword, by qva
---

FightingNatureArt.png

Artist: @SparklingEspeon
Fic:
Fighting Nature, by Cynsh
---

iwa.png

Artist: @windskull
Fic: The Tessellation Solution,
by Pen
---

thats_my_name.png

Artist: @kintsugi
Fic:
Spring, by OldSchoolJohto
---

w9vX8oN.png

Artist: @kintsugi
Fic:
Transversal, crossing the backs of legends, by K_S
---

image0.jpg

Fic:
Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? by Sparkling Espeon

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Since I've seen some people wondering what to read for the Review Blitz this week, I thought I'd pull together a brief list of qualifying fics. These are all new stories (posted in the last month) by new authors! Check some out if you'd like to help welcome some new members to the community--in some cases, you'd be giving someone their very first review here.

All of these count for this week's Blitz bonus on *any* chapter. If there's interest I might try to pull together a similar list for chapterfics where only some later chapters qualify, but I figured I'd start here.

Without further ado, here we go:

A Frozen World: a PMD story where pokémon struggle to survive in, well... exactly what it says in the title
PMD: Clockwork Journeys: an illustrated PMD story based on Explorers of Sky
Luminary: Ash's journey through a darker pokémon world
Pokémon: Free 'n' Forth: a character-focused PMD story about a runaway minccino who joins an exploration guild
PMD: Refracted Differences: a PMD story where a seasoned exploration team find more than they bargained for on a mysterious island
War 1-9: a pokécentric story set in a medieval kingdom of eeveelution anthros
White Swan, Black Swan: an original trainer story featuring a new evil team and new legendaries alongside some familiar faces from Alola
PMD: Wildcard: an adventurous PMD story starring a rogueish riolu

Last edited:

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
Thank you, Negrek! :quag:
___

Also, here's a post I made on
TR Post - Story Index - Unofficial and provisional TR FicList for Review Blitz 2 - week 3 theme

Notes and legend in the post and on the spreadsheet, but here's a link to the spreadsheet, too.
(Unofficial!) TR FicList Review Blitz 2 (2020) week 3 theme - (WIP)

It's an incomplete, WIP spreadsheet for the 254 TR fics, that show which fics and posts qualify for the Review Blitz 2 week 3 theme!

44 of those 254 are longer works and have not been completed on that info yet, but wanted it to be available during the week, haha.
___

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Some rules clarifications that have been discussed in Discord but should be codified:
  • Week 3's theme specifically applies to chapters or oneshots that had 0 or 1 reviews on 00:00:01 12/27/2020 (the opening of week 3). This was originally phrased as "less than 2", but that's understandably confusing. The main thread rules have been updated to the "0 or 1" phrasing instead.
  • "Bulk reviews" or reviews that in general covered large swaths of chapters do count for reviews of all individual chapters covered
  • Reviews must be at least 250 words in order to count for points (this includes getting points for the weekly theme)
  • Offsite reviews of chapters that are on TR do not count for or against Week 3 eligibility

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Rainfall, I just wanted to say . . . that is totally awesome. 👍 Must have taken a lot of work; thank you! Have it open in a tab for reference as we speak.

Also, one other option for quickly finding stories with no reviews is to sort the fanfiction forum by number of replies, ascending. It doesn't make all of the stories with zero reviews immediately visible (since some threads have multiple posts, but only by the author, no reviews), but there are still quite a few threads with zero replies.

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
the close of week 3: in which we enter d a r k m o d e

Untitled.png

Newcomers, friendly fire, spreading of love: what in the world were people doing in week 3? 142 points, 49751 words, 95 reviews, 10 art prizes--things are certainly heating up.
unknown.png

hey nice going we finally made it so that PMD fics are identifiable by title
Week 3's theme was all about finding fics that hadn't been reviewed before, and giving them a little love! 59 of the 95 reviews were for fics that had fewer than 2 reviews prior to the start of the week. Here's a look at just the new things, and which fics and chapters that got discovered!
unknown.png

But perhaps we found ourselves in different ways? Such as, in memes? If not memes, then perhaps, fanart? Fanart of memes?
2020-12-30-espeon.png

Artist: @Dragonfree
Fic: Of Sand and Shadows, by @HelloYellow17

---

2020-12-26-bagon.png

Artist: @Dragonfree
Fic: Forbidden Dreams, by @cynsh

---

kabiyoprizeCROPPED.png

Artist: @canisaries
Fic: Starfall, by @Pen

---

BrokenThingsPoster.jpg

Artist: @SparklingEspeon
Fic: Broken Things, by @Persephone
---

image0.jpg

Fic: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Path of Valor, by @Ambyssin

---

unknown.png

Artist: @Pen
Character: Jin, from @Umbramatic

---

image0.png

Fic: Salvage, by @Negrek

---

unknown.png

Fic: Broken Things, by @Persephone

---

unknown.png

Fic: the envy of eden, by @kintsugi

---

unknown.png

Fic: Of Sand and Shadows, by @HelloYellow17

---

That's a wrap for week 3! As we round the last corner and enter the home stretch--it's anyone's game still. Keep your eyes peeled for week 4's theme of friendly fire, and earn bonus points for reviewing other participants in Blitz!

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Week 4 Rules Clarification:

Original Phrasing:
Week 4 [01/03 - 01/09]: Friendly fire! [/I]Review a fellow player in the blitz!
  • "Fellow player" is defined as a TR user who has logged at least 1 valid review in blitz at the time of you reviewing them
  • This can be claimed once per author

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
final rules/logistics clarification!

week 4 will close at this countdown timer with a zero tolerance policy.

Any reviews that are not logged in the thread at this link prior to Week 4 closing will not be counted, regardless of when the review was written. Exact time will be determined via forum timestamp and the week closes at 11:59--so anything dated 12:00 or later will not count. Posts edited after 12:00 will also not count. There will be no exceptions, so please plan your submissions accordingly.

Top Bottom