• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Question, if you read and review multiple chapters, aren't you supposed to pick whichever gives you less points between word count and chapters read? Or did I misunderstand that?

Anyway, prologue and chapter one of Double Edged reviewed.

1162 words.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Logging an 8 chapter, 1017 word review for Liberators of Fate.

+1 for the theme.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reviewed two more chapters of The Suicune's Choice, 851 words. 2 points, leaving me at 9 points total.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Aaand another! Reviewed two chapters of Heroes After All, 552 words, 2 points. 11 points total!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
logging a review for of sand and shadows, chapters 1-2 at ~1,180 words for +2 points, satisfies the theme for a total of +3 to bring me up to 13 points total.

eta: also got a review for suicune's choice in, chapters 1-2 at ~825 words for +2, plus the theme for +1 for a total of +3 and a score of 16 altogether.

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Logging my review of Elegy for Humanity chapters 1 & 2 @ 1809 words. Bonus point for being a prize wheel prize I think? = 3?

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
And logging Resting Place @ 344 words. (New fic bonus for week one = 2 points.)

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Logging a review of TMoP's first chapter. Despite losing some of what I wanted to say to internet weirdness and brain fogginess, it still clocks in over 250, at 326 words.

EDIT: That gets the +1 bonus too. It's one chapter so far so I can hardly have reviewed it before.

Edit Edit: Apparently Kint noticed already. Legit, I edited that in before seeing that.

Last edited:

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Hi, time to do this. My aim is for 30 points and to catch up to at least three Blacklight players' fics by the end of this. Gonna push for that. So! Without any more waiting on that...

Review of chapters 1-5 of Eternal Shadows, 1400 words, so 5 points + 1 since I never reviewed it before.

And a review of Training Data, oneshot, for 1 point + 1 because oneshot.

I believe that's a total of 8 points so far.

Starting to think I made the Blacklight reward threshold too low but oh well, can't take it back now~
hahahaha, yeah, people are going nuts this year! super wild

added you

Finished a review last night.
Word counter pegged it at 2600 words

despite all the stars- review for the fic by fashion queen

That should put me at 5.
I have you at 6, but if you wanna contest that, feel free.

Reviewed The Best Boy + 1 (New Phone, Who This? +1) for 2 points

Total = 5 points
Yup, added you!
Question, if you read and review multiple chapters, aren't you supposed to pick whichever gives you less points between word count and chapters read? Or did I misunderstand that?

Anyway, prologue and chapter one of Double Edged reviewed.

1162 words.
You are understanding correctly!

Added.

Wrote a review of the first three chapters of PMD: Stargazers (note that the third chapter is off-site, but I included it in spoiler brackets). Total review length is just shy of 800 words, so that should be 3 points +1 for theme adherence.
Added!

Logging an 8 chapter, 1017 word review for Liberators of Fate.

+1 for the theme.
Reviewed Outside the Frame at 352 words!
+1 for the theme.
Reviewed Deathheading at 257 words!

+1 for the theme.
Reviewed Training Data at 276 words!

+1 for the theme.
Hiya, welcome! great job today :quag: You're doing great

Also, logging the way you did here is totally fine, but if I haven't quoted your post feel free to edit more stuff into the first one.
Reviewed two more chapters of The Suicune's Choice, 851 words. 2 points, leaving me at 9 points total.
Aaand another! Reviewed two chapters of Heroes After All, 552 words, 2 points. 11 points total!
omg, one might say you made ... an excellent choice jk we know haru is king of bad decisions

Also, logging the way you did here is totally fine, but if I haven't quoted your post feel free to edit more stuff into the first one.

logging a review for of sand and shadows, chapters 1-2 at ~1,180 words for +2 points, satisfies the theme for a total of +3 to bring me up to 13 points total.

eta: also got a review for suicune's choice in, chapters 1-2 at ~825 words for +2, plus the theme for +1 for a total of +3 and a score of 16 altogether.
SHE CLAIMS THE THRONE!!

Logging my review of Elegy for Humanity chapters 1 & 2 @ 1809 words. Bonus point for being a prize wheel prize I think? = 3?
And logging Resting Place @ 344 words. (New fic bonus for week one = 2 points.)
Yes yes! also, lovely prize review here <3

edit:
Logging a review of TMoP's first chapter. Despite losing some of what I wanted to say to internet weirdness and brain fogginess, it still clocks in over 250, at 326 words.
Logging this one too! If you could in the future specify if you're doing weekly theme or not--pretty self-explanatory for this one, but in future weeks it may not be so!

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Wrote a massive review for chapters 8-15 of Fusion's "Ties of Fate". 928 words by my count, so 2 points, bringing me to 8? Not sure, feel free to correct me if needed.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Wrote a little review for Outside the Frame.
+1 Chapter
+1 Theme

Edit:
Starlight,
Star bright,
Has reviewed another chapter tonight:
Chapter 1 of A Home Far Away
+1 Chapter
+1 Theme

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Luminary, review...

Yes I copped out at page eight... but it's a review and going further is going to require input from the author on if they want me to do so with what.. So I cut it off so they could decide, if they want to, and left the lot open ended. It's still a detailed break down of style, prologue, and beginning of the story arch, so I figure it passes muster. I'll leave that up to the event organizer to decide.

Also the text is over 40 pages in my word doc (80 if properly double spaced). I got to page 8... so that's approx a chapter/16 pages in an average work... and while the story is good it's very very long and not an easy read for it.

If my effort ah... counts... well there's been no activity on the story it qualifies for week ones bonus.

I have you at 6, but if you wanna contest that, feel free

Ah... no need. You're the mathematician as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Wrote a massive review for chapters 8-15 of Fusion's "Ties of Fate". 928 words by my count, so 2 points, bringing me to 8? Not sure, feel free to correct me if needed.
This one is actually worth +3 (928/250 rounded down -> 3), so great work here!

Wrote a little review for Outside the Frame.
+1 Chapter
+1 Theme

Edit:
Starlight,
Star bright,
Has reviewed another chapter tonight:
Chapter 1 of A Home Far Away
+1 Chapter
+1 Theme
Starlight,
Star bright,
What lovely review you write!

Luminary, review...

Yes I copped out at page eight... but it's a review and going further is going to require input from the author on if they want me to do so with what.. So I cut it off so they could decide, if they want to, and left the lot open ended. It's still a detailed break down of style, prologue, and beginning of the story arch, so I figure it passes muster. I'll leave that up to the event organizer to decide.

Also the text is over 40 pages in my word doc (80 if properly double spaced). I got to page 8... so that's approx a chapter/16 pages in an average work... and while the story is good it's very very long and not an easy read for it.

If my effort ah... counts... well there's been no activity on the story it qualifies for week ones bonus.

Ah... no need. You're the mathematician as far as I'm concerned.
I think this is fair! 2 points for you here.

As a general rule for future participants/anyone reading for this specific case--there was a good faith effort to review to a reasonable level of depth here despite not reading the entire chapter (and the section covered was still a significant amount of the chapter as posted; additionally, the chapter posted as far longer than an average chapter length). In most cases there will not be exemptions or points granted for partial chapters, but if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit