Points = [Number of chapters reviewed] OR [Total Review Wordcount/250, rounded down], choose lower.
Wordcount calculated by this word counter. Review wordcount does not include quoted words from the story itself.
Bonus Condition: Delibird Cheer! Each week, there will be a different theme. If you meet the theme for the week, you get an extra +1 point to your total. Themes are listed below:
- Week 1 [12/13 - 12/19]: New Phone, Who This? Review a fic you haven't reviewed before. This can be claimed once per fic.
- Week 2 [12/20 - 12/26]: Story of my life. Review a story you've reviewed but aren't caught up on. This can be claimed once per fic.
- Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) that had 0 or 1 reviews on TR prior to the start of this week. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic. Note that unlike other weeks, offsite reviews are ineligible for this bonus (but can still be logged for regular points during this week).
- Week 4 [01/03 - 01/09]: Friendly fire! Review a fellow player in the blitz! This can be claimed once per author.
- I write a review for four chapters of a story. The review is 1600 words long. By number of chapters reviewed, I would earn 4 points. By number of words written, I would earn 1600/250 = 6.4 -> 6 points. Choosing lower, this review is worth 4 points.
- I write a review of ten chapters of a story. The review is 800 words long. By number of chapters reviewed, I would earn 10 points. By number of words written, I would earn 800/250 = 3.2 -> 3 points. Choosing lower, this review is worth 3 points.
This year, you can spend the points you earn for spins on our prize wheel! The wheel contains a mix of reviews and art commissions from our killer volunteers. You can claim these any time during the competition, not just at the end, so get spinning!
In addition to spins, there are a few other points hidden in the ladder
5 points: prize wheel spin!
10 points: companion Pokemon!*
15 points: 50 points toward your Blacklight shop purchases!
20 points: prize wheel spin!
30 points: BLC Voucher (converts into prize wheel spin for non-BLC players)
At every increment of 10 after this point (40/50/60/X0): prize wheel spin!
*A companion Pokemon is this little guy, who follows you around as you post on Thousand Roads! You can choose any existing Pokemon or submit a sprite for a custom recolor/companion, if that’s your thing.
Winning The Throne
In addition to the prize wheel, at the end of the competition there will be prizes for the participants with the most points! You will be able to select from:
- An Alola Dex or World Myth Encyclopedia Entry for a Pokemon of your choice by @Persephone
- A custom song from @Tanuki
- A poem on a subject of your choice from @Tanuki
- A 1,000 word short fiction piece on a subject of your choice (must be about Pokemon) from @windskull
- A custom map of a location of your choice from @unrepentantAuthor
Week 1 will begin on December 13 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 2 will begin on December 20 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 3 will begin on December 27 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 4 will begin on January 03 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Blitz Officially Closes at this countdown
Q: Is there a limitation on reviews that will count for points?
A: Reviews must have been posted after the event started. Reviews must be for a story that is at least partially on TR. (If the fic is not caught up on TR but you post a review for a future chapter offsite, this will also count). Otherwise, all reviews are eligible for points.
Q: I can't participate in a certain week/have joined late. Can I still play?
A: Yes. You can join at any time during the runtime, and word has it there might be secret prizes scattered throughout this time