• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2020: Prize Claim

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
tenor.gif
It's prize time! Full writeup here; please use this thread for claims.

The rankings are as follows:
  1. @Namohysip
  2. @qva
  3. @windskull
  4. @Umbramatic
  5. @canisaries
  6. @NebulaDreams
  7. @Negrek
  8. @Tanuki
  9. @Chibi Pika
  10. @Dragonfree
  11. @zion of arcadia
  12. @Virgil134
  13. @Equitia
  14. @The Desert Cat
  15. @Persephone
The prize list is as follows, in no particular order:
  • One custom entry in The Alola Pokedex for a Pokemon/evolutionary line (canon pokemon or fakemons from posted SFW stories) of the winner's choosing, by @Persephone
  • One review, from @Umbramatic
  • One character sketch (up to 2 characters, no backgrounds), from @Umbramatic
  • One interview [example] by @Umbramatic
  • One character sketch [example] (up to 2 characters, minimal background), from @Dragonfree
  • One character sketch [example] (up to 2 characters, minimal background), from @Dragonfree (this is the same as the one above; Dragonfree has volunteered to provide two separate prizes)
  • One character sketch (up to 2 characters, no background), from @Chibi Pika
  • One character sketch [example] (rough colors, Pokemon characters preferred, no background) from @canisaries
  • One character sketch [example] (rough colors, Pokemon characters preferred, no background) from @canisaries (this is the same as the one above; canis has volunteered to provide three separate prizes)
  • One character sketch [example] (rough colors, Pokemon characters preferred, no background) from @canisaries (this is the same as the one above; canis has volunteered to provide three separate prizes)
  • One short story (~1,000 words) on a prompt of the winner's choosing, from @The Walrein
  • One review (one chapter, Pokemon or non-fandom fic), from @The Walrein
  • One review (on up to 10,000 words of fic, no smut pls), from @kintsugi
  • One character sketch example] (lineart with colors, simple backgrounds, humans/Pokemon fine but non-reptiles preferred) from @Adamhuarts
  • One short poem about a topic of the winner's choosing, from @Tanuki
  • One character sketch example] (up to two characters, abstract backgrounds) from @NebulaDreams
  • One character sketch (abstract background) from @qva
Prizes will be user-selected in the following order from the list above (once a prize is claimed, it cannot be claimed again):
  1. Namohysip
  2. qva
  3. windskull
  4. Umbramatic
  5. canisaries
  6. Nebula Dreams
  7. Negrek
  8. Tanuki
  9. Chibi Pika
  10. Dragonfree
  11. Namohysip
  12. qva
  13. windskull
  14. Umbramatic
  15. canisaries
  16. Namohysip
  17. qva
Additionally, 1st - 3rd place will receive ~~custom user styling~~ for their usernames! I'll be reaching out shortly with the deets.

This is a process that could potentially drag for a while, so please check back in on this thread consistently for the next few days! I will be poking on Discord as needed. If you are next in order and you have not selected your prize within 48 hours of the previous person selecting, you will be skipped and the next person in order will have a chance to choose (you will be eligible to pick a prize from the remaining pool upon your return, but will not receive your spot back).

Again, congratulations to everyone who participated, and a hearty thank you to our prize contributors! There will also be a blanket participant username styling for anyone who participated in the event (either as prize or reviewer), so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Aaaaaaaa Okay well, I guess it's time I get to selecting my prize! So, for mine I've pretty much been eyeing this person for a whiiiile but never really got around to actually asking for anything (partly because I don't know when commissions open or anything like that)

So I guess with that out of the way, why not get my feet wet? I could've picked Canis or Neb or so on as well for this, but... they've already already done so much for me ;_; I feel bad asking for yet another free piece from any of them. My burdens must be spread equally.

So... Chibi! I choose you!

(We can hash out the details in DMs.)

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
dang, i worked pretty hard to make second place but i still feel pretty weird about this whole prize thing in the end. classic tbh.

i think i’ll go with canis though! cheers to everyone who’s pitching in a prize.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
;[dfrg]\c
|BHV"/lk32

oh shit oh geez i'll take one of the remaining canis art slots

(the keysmashing is my dog saying hi)

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
oh my turn came fast. i'd like to claim the review by kintsugi!

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Alright, now it’s my turn (after doing it too early last time)

I’d like to claim a sketch by @qva !

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yess, I have been waiting for my turn to come. >:3 I'm going a similar route as Namo, and considering that I already have art from Dragonfree, canis, and Umbra, I'll go with... @Adamhuarts's character sketch!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Oh, I guess I'm next! Hmm, I'll go with the last @canisaries sketch.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Oh that was fast! Okay uhhh I guess that means it's my turn next. I've got a drawing, now let's get to reviewing.

@Umbramatic ! You've always been asking for a kick to get into HoC again, so this is it. I'll be grabbing your review for whatever chapter you're next up to read, or whatever you feel is appropriate / you have enough to get a review in for.

I also could have picked Walrein for this, but it has recently come to my attention that the guy has silently been caught up and waaaay ahead of what's on TR for a while, so reviewing here would be a bit, uh... nostalgic is the nice way of saying it.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Oh, um, uh, is there still a Dragonfree sketch left? I'll take that

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
i'll claim the review by the walrein!

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
That’s a wrap btw!! Mentioned this in the discord a few days ago but realized we should have a forum post for posterity.

Been getting a few DM’s about how prize communication should work (oop)—at this point, prize receivers can/should be reaching out to price givers with the specifics for what they want (ie which characters to draw, which fic to review, etc). Please keep in mind the price giver’s limits as listed in the first post. Price givers, if you want to reach out as well, feel free.

For the most part, things are out of my hands and into those of our fabulous volunteers, but if either party has questions or concerns about timelines, workload, etc, please reach out to me ASAP so I can arrange a replacement.

Thanks so much everyone, and happy prizing!

Top Bottom