• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

References

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Do you ever include references within your story or stories? Here are a couple of mine.

I’m posting this thread because
I remembered that I referenced fanfiction in my fanfiction.
”I forgot that my ship actually happened!” Melanie broadly smiles towards Valen as her eyes sparkle, clasping her hands in front of her grinning mouth. “Rosa and Valen is soooo my OTP! You two are the most adorable pair ever! I’m soooo going to write about you two!”

Valen groans, smacking his right palm into his face. “Again with the word adorable, and now I have to worry about being included in a romance story.”

“What does OTP mean?” Arthur piques up, causing Melanie to roll her eyes, Rosa to giggle, and Valen to yawn again, which he would have done anyway.

Also, Yu-Gi-Oh. I regret nothing.
Muhahahahahaha, I am Yami Valen, or Dark Valen. Whichever you prefer, because they mean the same thing! Muhahahahahaha, Yami Valen’s going to trade Rosa in, cuz he’s just that evil!” Valen has a fake evil grin on his face. However, It’s convincing enough that Rosa’s smile flips upside down.

“Hahahahahahahahahahaha, Yami Valen’s back!” Valen’s now sporting a fake evil grin.

“Oooh, it's historical inception, because it says that the chair was made in the 19th century!" Rosa exclaims. “Tee-hee, that’s a perfect throne for my pharaoh! This one time, I had this really crazy dream where my hunky Valey was this shirtless pharaoh! Then, the dream switched to Valen being a wizard who called him the Dark Magician! It’s the most bizarre dream that I’ve ever had, but it was also soooo cool!”

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Obsession has made a few references to a painter named Madame Remi, who gained fame as a small child, was known for eerily lifelike paintings, and who has a famous work of an old man rumored to be a wizard. Yeah if you've played Final Fantasy 6 she may sound suspiciously like Relm to you. I also named some artists after friends of mine and TCG artists.

In In Vino Veritas, there's a line about a gallery being a collector's holy place. This is from a reference guide to Pokémon 2000.

Something that ISN'T a reference but people think it is was the mention of some sort of Galactic plan to pursue Heatran in Business Lunch. I wrote it BEFORE Platinum came out so no it's not a reference to future events, just I needed a potential large power source.

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Among the multitude of revisions I've made is one that continues the first spoiler in this thread. Of course, it happens a bit later.

“Yep, Rosa and Valen's definitely my OTP,” Melanie remarks, sporting a prideful smile.

“Once again, what the bloody hell does OTP mean?” Arthur questions.

“You've never tried to write a fic before, have you?” Melanie asks.

”No, I have not.” Arthur lifts his eyebrows, asking, “Out of curiously, you ever written a novel before?”

“Two novels, but neither have been published,” Melanie answers, folding her arms as she sports a proud smile. “I'll get around to that one day.”

“Are they about these-”

“Arthur, just because I ship these two doesn't mean I'm going to write novels about these two.”

“.....What does ship mean?”

“.....Seriously?” Melanie rolls her eyes. “Get with the times, Arthur.”

Top Bottom