• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Realm of the Nightmare King

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Clink already said the berries won't work outside of his realm, so that's not an option."
“Darn…” Zack muttered, but he shrugged. “Well, we still got them Potions, eh?”
"Um..." Gen reached into his bag, and pulled out an oran berry. "I h-have some orans, sitruses, and s-some healing seeds...but only a limited a-amount of them. There's a-also some seeds here that heal y-you completely if you faint."
“Perfect!” Seb and Jack exclaimed at the same time. They looked at each other, chuckling a bit before looking back at Gen.

“I can help with the healing, too,” Seb said. He checked his jacket pockets and took out a Potion. “Oh, I keep forgetting I had this.”

“Thanks, docs,” Jack said, giving a small smirk.

“Did ya just crack a joke?” Zack asked with wide eyes and a smile.

“Couldn’t resist.”

“Still, pretty good one, Jack-o.”
"That's...what we're doing. Figure out what moves you and your group have down packed, and where you think you could be of most help. We'll go from there."
“Oh, yeah, almost forgot about your moves, guys,” Seb said with a few nods. He fixed his glasses as he addressed his birds. “Remind me, please. Zack, you have Fly, Sand Attack, Thief and U-Turn, right?”

“Bingo.” The Mega-Pidgeot gave a thumbs-up.

“Jack, what are your attacks? I know you have Fury Cutter, but what else?”

“Leer, Cut and Aerial Ace.” The Farfetch’d passed a wing through his leek, looking focused.

“Remind me why you gave him such a sucky attack, buddy…” Zack muttered in disbelief, flicking his feather bang.

“It was for the tiny trees blocking our path in Kalos,” Seb replied before shaking his head, “but that doesn’t matter right now. I’m pretty sure we can make good use of Leer.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes wasn’t sure how long he’d stayed like this, bundled up with Neo and Novo and ignoring the rest of the world. He didn’t care to know, either. He heard others talking, heard a new, unfamiliar yet gentle voice among them, but he could not possibly care less about what was being discussed—until he heard the words “front lines.”

He raised his head and took in his surroundings. Wherever they were, it sure as hell looked like the sinister kind of miserable place that would have produced high-quality nightmares. At least, he has to assume that was what happened; judging from the way Neo and Novo pressed close to him, and the way everyone else looked rather haggard despite being physically unharmed, Wes assumed he hadn’t been the only one to wake up from his own personal hell.

And the one responsible could only be…the Pokémon that stood (floated?) in the center of them all. He himself looked like a walking nightmare, but his eyes and voice said otherwise with their surprising gentleness.

Odette, in her usual fashion, was at the forefront of the conversation and mulling over ideas with Steven, Kimiko, and—whoever those weird birds were. They’d introduced themselves to Wes back in Clink’s realm, but that felt like it was weeks ago, now. Even Nate spoke up at one point, his voice sounding almost as ragged as he looked.

Wes tightened his grip on his Pokémon. I don’t want them involved in this. He couldn’t bear the thought of that nightmare becoming reality, he couldn’t live through that a second time, he really couldn’t—

Novo bunted his head against Wes’s chest with a gentle purr. Then he untangled himself from his trainer’s arms and stepped out to face the conversing crowd.

He first looked to…Darkrai. Somehow, he knew the Pokemon’s name without needing to be told. Perhaps it was something to do with this place, or Darkrai’s powers.

“I will forgive you for the nightmare you caused me and my brother. But I cannot forgive what you have done to my trainer. We have no choice but to trust you, and so we will. But you have caused us to see and feel things we won’t forget for a long time.” He curled his lip into a snarl, rings flaring at his last statement.

“Novo.” Wes’s voice was so hoarse he could barely speak. He coughed and cleared his throat before continuing. “Novo, it’s…it’s okay.”

Novo snorted. Wes didn’t exactly sound convincing. But he backed down with a huff, settling into a more relaxed position, continuing to eye Darkrai with a stern glare.

Wes glanced at the others. Gods, he probably looked like death warmed over in his current state—but a brief glimpse of Kimiko’s tear-stained face reminded him he wasn’t alone. With a weary sigh, he stood, squared his shoulders, and spoke with more conviction.

“Novo knows Toxic and Confuse Ray. Both of which can slow Orzo down. He also has a type advantage, but we all saw that Orzo can still do serious damage in spite of that. If we can get him close enough, he can get those moves off and give us somewhere to start.” He glanced at Novo, who swelled with pride and signaled his agreement with an enthusiastic bark. Neo, too, bounded forward and planted himself between Novo and Wes with a triumphant trill.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Darkrai nodded. "Very well." Pride filled his voice as he looked upon the assembled trainers. "I can see why Clink spoke so highly of all of you. Despite your different worlds and stories, you demonstrate the true hearts of trainers."

"The question is, where do we even start? Orzo just wiped the floor with a solid dozen other mythical pokemon without even breaking a sweat. We need a plan of attack." She looked around expectantly - for all her outward confidence, she was at a loss how to proceed, given what they'd all just ran from.
"We will have an advantage. First, we will be prepared. Given the knowledge that Orzo was responsible for previous attacks, he must have used deception and surprise for a reason. To face others in a straight fight is not something he believed he could do."

"And there is another element. You see, in these realms between worlds where mythical pokemon reside, there are fewer... limits, so to speak, to powers. Or perhaps it may be more accurate to say that the limits are different. If we face him united, I believe he can still be defeated." He seemed to consider something, then spoke again.

"In these realms, strength is not unlike a thread. Alone, a single thread is easily snapped. But many threads woven together can become infinitely strong. And that strength is far more tangible here than even the mortal realm."

"Back at the Maw, I saw inside one of his portals, the one where he took Xavian. I saw Hayes and the others. Didn't the Mythicals warn us that he was drawing power from the captured trainers? Is there any way we can get into that dimension and rescue them from that realm and diminish Orzo's power?"

He realized how outlandish it sounded even as he spoke, but the hope was too great to dismiss.
Mitch had been pulled from there, so it wasn't impossible...

"It might be a long shot but if we were to get just one ring away from Orzo, would Hoopa be able to open a portal to that realm for us to get them back?"
"If Hoopa can get in there and get them, I think that's worth a shot," Kimiko replied. "Not sure I'm fond of the idea of sending any of us in there, though. Going alone would be a huge mistake, and sending multiple people would weaken our offensive. But surely Hoopa knows a way to get in and get everyone else out easily. Definitely worth a try. Even if it doesn't directly weaken Orzo, it would cut him off from draining them further."
Darkrai nodded thoughtfully. "Yes. A very good idea. Such a thing may be possible... It is hard to say until we enter the realm but if we can get a ring away, could you even summon further aid?" he asked, turning to Hoopa.

Hoopa nodded meekly. "I think I am strong enough to."

"Good. Then when it comes time to face him, we must try to secure one of his rings. If it cannot be stolen, then we shall take them in battle."

"You know, that's not a bad idea, Jack," Kimiko said. "It would ease the stress on Enora if everyone could heal themselves, even a little bit. Hey Clink, would those berries have the same effectiveness if we took them out of your realm?"
"Clink already said the berries won't work outside of his realm, so that's not an option."

Clink jingled their keys lightly. "Actually... It's true, they don't work outside of my realm, in the mortal world. But as long as we're in these realms they will still have an effect. Just a little less. If we stop by my realm we can take some with us."

"Good. Then that is what we shall do," Darkrai declared.

“I dunno if Mightyena’s going to be able to help much with the attack,” he said. Beside him, Mightyena turned her head away, looking down at the ground.
"Ah, child of darkness," Darkrai said gently, drifting down to address Mightyena. "You have been through a great trial in your time here, I understand. And Orzo stole much from you. It is the least I can do to return what was taken." He placed a gentle hand on Mightyena and closed his eyes. Dark aura flared around his body, then rippled down his arm before merging into Mightyena. Then he moved back.

"You should have your strength back, perhaps a bit more for the time you are here."

“I will forgive you for the nightmare you caused me and my brother. But I cannot forgive what you have done to my trainer. We have no choice but to trust you, and so we will. But you have caused us to see and feel things we won’t forget for a long time.” He curled his lip into a snarl, rings flaring at his last statement.
"Far better that your will is tested here than to face Orzo with a naive mind," Darkrai said softly, grief edging his tone. There almost seemed to be tears of empathy in his eyes or perhaps it was a trick of the light... "But if you cannot forgive, then I will hold you in no fault. But do not disservice that you and your trainer are stronger now than before, and will not fall easily to Orzo's temptations."

"There is one final matter to resolve." He held out his hand and a column of dark sand rose like a wave and swept towards Darkrai before dispersing and leaving in its wake a lone human figure and two pokemon. A familiar figure, with white hair and two eeveelution pokemon.

"I was able to draw him into my realm from his dreams before Orzo could take him." He turned to face the trainer. "Wes." He spoke, tone serious, eyes piercing into him. "Your heart is overrun with hatred. Yet you seek save pokemon, a noble idea. But to allow your hate to fester will only cause more harm, to yourself and the pokemon you claim to hold so dear." At this, Darkrai fixed his icy gaze on Umbreon and Espeon.

He drifted closer to Wes, at eye level with him, speaking carefully. "So, I ask this of you. Can you set aside your hatred long enough to stand united against Orzo? He will most certainly do all in his power to turn us against each other, to distract us with whatever has hold over our souls. If you cannot let it go, you and your pokemon will surely perish."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
They awoke together, May's arms wrapped around Spirit's body, her fur damp under May's cheek. With an unpleasant jolt to her stomach, she wiped her face and started to push herself upright into a sitting position. "You okay?"

Spirit's head snapped up, looking her over before relaxing again. "You're... unhurt."

Had Spirit been having the same stupid dream she had? Didn't matter. She stared fixedly out at the alien landscape. She could see floating islands and velvety darkness, Darkrai, the other trainers scattered on their own disembodied chunks of rock. She could hear their squabbling, snippets of different conversations. Feel Spirit's fur as the Ninetales leaned against her side. Taste the bile in her mouth.

No use; it wasn't going away. And maybe that was okay.

"I meant what I said," Spirit said quietly. "In there."

May took a deep breath, shoulders sagging, stroking Spirit's mane.

"I know," she said. "Me too."

When the strategy talk started she didn't have much of a voice. She kept breathing, in, out. Running her fingers through Spirit's fur.

"I can use Curse," Spirit finally said, standing up. She glanced down at her necklace. "It will whittle down his health as we go. I also know Shadow Ball."

May stood too, slipping her hand into her pocket to pull out Coleane's Empowerment Seed. "And I've got this, I guess."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
He held out his hand and a column of dark sand rose like a wave and swept towards Darkrai before dispersing and leaving in its wake a lone human figure and two pokemon. A familiar figure, with white hair and two eeveelution pokemon.
“Edgy Wes!” Seb shouted in complete shock. Of all the people he lest expected to see again… Hopefully he was willing to cooperate instead of either leaving them to their doom or killing everyone.

“Nico!” Jack exclaimed, just as shocked.

“Merian!” Jack shouted with a mix of shock and delight. “Yo!” He waved a wing at the Umbreon and Espeon.

“As glad as I am to see you again, I really wish I could feel more confident being in front of your Trainer.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
He turned to face the trainer. "Wes." He spoke, tone serious, eyes piercing into him. "Your heart is overrun with hatred. Yet you seek save pokemon, a noble idea. But to allow your hate to fester will only cause more harm, to yourself and the pokemon you claim to hold so dear." At this, Darkrai fixed his icy gaze on Umbreon and Espeon.

He drifted closer to Wes, at eye level with him, speaking carefully. "So, I ask this of you. Can you set aside your hatred long enough to stand united against Orzo? He will most certainly do all in his power to turn us against each other, to distract us with whatever has hold over our souls. If you cannot let it go, you and your pokemon will surely perish."

Wes met the nightmare-god's gaze calmly. "Yeah, I can work with everyone, whether you believe that or not."

It was... more than a bit unnerving, being face-to-face with whom, in Wes' world, was the source of the Shadow Pokémon.

That didn't matter here, though. This was another world, and everything was different.

Fuck. All this time, he'd been so fucking stupid. He'd been blinded by his life in his world, and had refused to believe anyone else could be genuinely good.

Even though he'd seen it firsthand, still he denied it. Well, now he was seeing the truth. No longer would he doubt the goodness that resided within the hearts of the others here.

There was a fight to be won, and damn if he wasn't going to give it his all.

--

Nicole stood, head held high, tail swishing. "We shall all fight together."

--

Merian's eyes glinted with fiery determination. "Yeah! We're all gonna go kick that Orzo guy's ass!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel turned her attention to where Gladion lay on the floor.

How are you doing?”

He groaned and forced himself to his feet. He was back in the soaking wet clothes from before again.

“I’m fine, Hazel, don’t worry.”

Hazel tilted her head. “Wait… Really? You… You thought you were being killed a moment ago. You’re… fine?”

Gladion wrapped her in a hug. “It wasn’t real. And she wasn’t going to kill me.”

But you said… Then…” After a moment’s thought, Hazel’s mental tone dropped. “Then I think that scares me more actually. Because… She wasn’t real… but…”

Gladion drew Hazel into a hug. “We’re safe now. There’s nothing to worry about, just… something in the past. It’s over now.”

Hazel’s eyes narrowed. “Talk to me about it.

Gladion winced. “Wait… I… I don’t know if…”

Fine! Maybe it’s human stuff and I won’t get it. That… I can see why, there are many human things I am not understanding. Then talk about it with a human friend! Wes knows, doesn’t he? I’ve heard you talk about the thing I do not understand. And that made you happy, having a human friend who knows.

“I’ve already overshared with him.”

Laura, then!”

No. We don’t talk about that kind of stuff.”

A displeased sound build in Hazels throat. “Odette!

Especially not. She knows another us, and if he hasn’t told her, I can’t ruin that for him.”

Are you going to make excuses for every person in the world? I do not care if it is me or if it is not me, but you said someone who was not her would be killing you, and… and I am not stupid I know what that means, she was the only other person there! We are not ignoring that! There are lots of people here who care about you, you do not need to bear this alone! I am worrying about you…”

Gladion sniffled. “Okay. I’ll try to explain it to you once we get the chance.”

Hazel pulled Gladion in tight. “Thank you... Thank you. That was not too scary, right? Just… I still think you should try to have human friends back home, too. Even if I am talking now, having them here made you more comfortable.”

I’ll… see what I can do.”

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"'Of course I'm going to fight," Charizard snarled. He cracked his tail like a whip, blazing flame leaving sparks and afterimages in its wake.

"Yes," was all Gyarados added.

Part of Blue had been hoping they wouldn't say that. Part of him had been hoping the fact that Darkrai was even asking meant that there was another option for them, somewhere they could stay and be safe. But Charizard would never have backed down in a million years, and even Gyarados seemed oddly calm, resolute. He couldn't exactly tell them to go hide now, could he.

"I've been asked a surprising number of stupid questions in my short life. Solid fifty or sixty percent of them have been on this trip. That one's got 'em all beat by a mile, though." Blue laughed, the sound somewhere between derisive and desperate. "What the hell am I supposed to do other than fight, dude? Not fighting means not going home. Not fighting means dealing with Orzo's fate-worse-than-death-or-whatever bullshit. Not fighting means letting this happen to someone else. Maybe everyone else." It could happen to Arcanine and Rhydon and Machamp and Pidgeot and Exeggutor. It could happen to Red and Leaf and Gramps and Daisy. It could happen to Alakazam and Raticate.

"Fantastic as it'd be to make this literally anybody else's problem, we don't exactly have that luxury." Blue sank back against Gyarados's coils, his hand over his eyes; a half-smile was just about visible underneath, though. "Also I'd be a pretty shit gym leader if I just allowed some jumped-up hula-hoop goblin to trample all over a bunch of innocent pokémon and trainers. Lance would have my friendship-magic-drained head."

So. Time to talk strategy, then. Blue wished he could be more excited about that, he was good at that, damn it, but the possibility that fucking up meant dooming the multiverse to eternal sadtimes might've been a little distracting. Also the headache, that was still something that hadn't stopped being a thing. He gritted his teeth and did his best to soldier on anyway.

"You want big and you want fast, we got those, no problem," he said, jerking a thumb at each of his partners in turn. "Charizard is good at running interference and not getting hit. He's got plenty of options for burning the fucker so he's gotta think twice before every swing. Can cover anyone who needs it with a smokescreen, too. Maybe even use that itself as a smokescreen, make like we're setting up something in one place when really the second wave's coming in from somewhere else. I dunno, just spitballing.

"And Gyarados has got more than enough muscle to go around. Large and in charge and right up in the guy's business, if you need him to be. Would offer to try tying him up—" he patted the coils that were still looped loosely around him "—but that's not gonna work on a ghost, so probably better to just punch him in the face a lot."

While the war council continued, Gyarados lowered his huge head and whispered in his human's ear. (Turned out that "whispering" for a gyarados was still a bassy rumble, but hey, the big guy was trying.) "How are you feeling?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm just peachy," Blue said idly, not looking away from the conversation. "Never better. Peak physical condition. I could arm-wrestle Machamp and win a staring contest with Exeggutor."

"Please don't joke," said Gyarados. "I need to know. It's okay if you don't feel up to it. I don't want to hurt you. Again."

Blue stared up at him, frowning. "First of all, you'd better not be beating yourself up over rescuing me, because I'd take a concussion over being trapped in the Asshat Dimension any day. You saved my life, Gyarados, and I have no idea what I could even begin to do to thank you for that." Certainly his own attempt to save Gyarados from the same fate hadn't been enough. Logically he couldn't blame himself for not remembering the poké ball in the moment, what with all the chaos and the head injury. It was still starkly clear to him that his panic had very nearly cost him his friend. "What do you mean 'again'? What are you asking?"

Gyarados looked down at him for a long moment. "You can thank me by telling me honestly how strong you're feeling," he said at last, still quiet. He turned away, toward Odette. His whiskers twitched visibly, but only the one time. "She said you need dark-types."

"What? What's that got to do with..." Blue blinked. The gears were still turning a little sluggishly. "Unless you mean... oh. Oh." He stared up at Gyarados, not entirely certain he'd heard right. "For real? Here? Are you sure?"

"Only if you are." He fixed Blue with a perfectly level gaze.

Fuck. Was he? He still felt like he'd gone a round with Heatran himself. He could probably manage, if he absolutely had to, but he wasn't sure for how long. Would it be worth it? Would both of them burning all that energy accomplish anything that a slower and steadier approach wouldn't? Hm... "We haven't been working on Crunch much lately..."

"No, but it still means he can't hit me as hard. I would be good—really good—at protecting everyone else. We could even stay with Hoopa, to make sure Orzo doesn't try to ignore everyone else and stop them from helping."

"Mm. True." And hanging back meant they could conserve the big spikes of energy for when they needed it. Gyarados worked better with a slower ramp-up anyway. They could always jump in and press the attack later if backup was required.

He turned to Charizard. "And you're okay with this?"

There was a twinge of disappointment in the way Charizard's wings shifted, but he nodded. "Yes. It makes sense for Gyarados to do it. But only if you're sure."

They watched him, waiting. Gyarados's barbels wavered occasionally, smoke puffed intermittently from Charizard's snout, but as far as he could tell they were both making an admirable effort to look like their concern was just about him, and not about whatever was going to happen next.

Well. Like he'd said earlier. Not like they had the luxury of dipping a toe in the pool and whining if the water was too cold. And hey, if Darkrai was right about there being "fewer limits"—and if Blue was making the right assumptions about what that actually meant, given they were supposed to be in Stupid Saccharine Fun Land up until Rings for Brains had crashed the party—then maybe he could in fact hold out long enough for Gyarados to make a difference before he passed out.

"Then I've never been surer," he said, grinning. He could only hope that came out sounding less exhausted than it had to him. God damn but if they got out of this he was going to sleep for a year. "Let me stand so I can reach my stuff. Someone's got a big day to get blinged up for, yeah?"

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate watched uneasily as Darkrai descended on Mightyena. On their side or not, it was hard for him to take the legends as entirely tame or friendly. If nothing else, the ones around here had a nasty habit of wanting to test people.

But as dark energy flared and swirled around Mightyena, she stood taller, her tail coming up and onto a furious wag. She bounded out from under Darkrai’s hand and straight for Nate, who put his hands up in a vain attempt to catch her. It was a good thing he was already sitting down, or Mightyena was sure to have knocked him down with the way she was bouncing around.

“Look, look,” she said, dark energy flying from her jaws and fizzing into the dream-sand. “I can fight! I can help again!”

She dashed back over to Darkrai and threw herself at the legend, licking furiously at his face. “Thank you! Thankyou thankyou! You’re the best legend! The best one!”

Then back to Nate, who laughed and endured his own barrage of licks, petting whatever parts of Mightyena he could reach while she squirmed and wriggled in delight. “I’m going to fight!” she said, prancing in a showy circle around her trainer. “I’m going to make up for last time.”

“You ain’t got nothing to make up for,” Nate said, and for the moment even he could believe it, that they’d be able to fight, and win, and that everything would turn out all right.

Battle Cry

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Wes met the nightmare-god's gaze calmly. "Yeah, I can work with everyone, whether you believe that or not."

It was... more than a bit unnerving, being face-to-face with whom, in Wes' world, was the source of the Shadow Pokémon.

That didn't matter here, though. This was another world, and everything was different.

Fuck. All this time, he'd been so fucking stupid. He'd been blinded by his life in his world, and had refused to believe anyone else could be genuinely good.

Even though he'd seen it firsthand, still he denied it. Well, now he was seeing the truth. No longer would he doubt the goodness that resided within the hearts of the others here.

There was a fight to be won, and damn if he wasn't going to give it his all.
"That is all that is needed. I trust you will do what is necessary," he said. Despite the firmness of his tone there was a note of reassurance as well.

"...could I... have a hug? If we survive this... it would be nice to have some reassurance in case future nightmares strike."
Darkrai said nothing, but he drifted over to Wallace, and surprisingly perhaps, embraced him. His body was cool to the touch, but not cold. A bit wispy, and felt almost like some kind of fabric. And then he spoke, quietly to him so only he could hear. "You have all the strength you need."

The moment seemed to last forever and yet passed swiftly. Darkrai was speaking to the rest of the group again. "Today you have shown your wills are stronger than any challenge you may face, stronger than any atrocity Orzo may attempt to inflict upon your spirits. Through the greatest darkness, you shone brightly. Where we must now go, cling to that light. Do not forget all you have overcome.

Where we go, it will be the only light. But will also be enough."

He paused, letting his words sink in. "This shall be our strategy then. Gather supplies. Enter Orzo's realm to confront him before he can grow stronger. The toughest pokemon must take the front to protect those more fragile. Strong attackers must take shelter and attack at every opening. And the healers will keep everyone standing. And every opportunity will be taken to reclaim a ring from him for Hoopa to use and rescue the kidnapped trainers. In his realm, Orzo will be strong, but our strength can still match his. As long as we stand as one. We have a chance."

Chef Flygon stepped forwards, eyes blazing. "I will fight alongside all of you without fear. We have all the ingredients we need to defeat him."

Darkrai nodded. "So we do." With a swift gesture, dark sand rose from the ground forming a circle in the air. The murky shape of Clink's realm just be seen beyond. "Clink. Are you ready, once we reach your realm?"

Clink glanced around at everyone, then managed a nod. "Yes."

Darkrai nodded. "Then we shall not tarry any longer. Prepare yourselves."

Top Bottom