• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Radiant Void

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The Voidlands seemed to be the same almost universally, with a blotchy, purple sky, dusty wastelands all over, and lifeless plateaus for as far as they could see. But despite that, there was a sizzling feeling in the air, that tingling power of Radiance that permeated the air despite the scenery looking much the same...

They had been sent right in the center of the storm. But all around them were thin filaments of golden light. They rose from the ground and descended from the skies, and ensnared within them were...

But before they could take a close look, something else caught their attention. A roar--and a great titan descending upon them. Only moments after their arrival, the battle was already beginning.

1624611554051.png
Soul of Maple is attacking! Maple is a Titanic enemy!

Maple: 9,999, Resolve+2, damage reduction 100%

Maple has several body parts!
Left arm: 2,500
Right arm: 2,500
Tail: 5,000
Wings: 5,000
Head: 9,999

Victory: Defeat or restore Maple!
Special condition: Unknown

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa's hackles went up like never before as she stared at what must be the trapped souls of Telum and the behemothic foe they now faced.

This was gonna be one hell of a fight.

"I wanna try reachin' out to 'em," she called back to Cynthian, "but we gotta get set up an' ready fer a drubbin' first!"

Radiance, Shadow, and tamed plasma lit up her fur. She was ready.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Well, Icetales finally got his answer: that hellscape was eerily similar to Chaos, just barely less twisted. At least they weren’t walking on the sky, swimming in the air or similar bizarre phenomenon.

Though, there were those souls of Pokémon trapped in what seemed to be chains of light, and he couldn’t pray his gaze from them. Not even when the giant dragon loomed over them and roared with fury.

Chain… of light… trapped… souls…

“Daddy…?”

Icetales didn’t budge, still staring at those souls. He felt something rubbing his cheek — a ghostly tail. Then, he turned to Petram, his expression aghast. “This is just like Chaos…”

“And… are you alright?”

“Of course I am not all right.” Icetales shook his head. “I… cannot stand the sight of those poor souls trapped like that!”

“Well, then, you gotta complain about that to someone else…” said Petram, before pointing toward the titanic Maple. “I bet someone could use the language of the wallop, in this case.”

Icetales didn’t respond, limiting himself to stare at the giant. The more he stared, the darker his pelt became. Darkness oozed from his fur and mane, and he sent a icy glare toward Maple.

“Very well. Let us stop this madness!”

The two Ninetales approached the other members of the team, ready to fight, and waited for their chance to strike. But mixed in the darkness of the Voidlands, there was a chuckling red shadow with burning crimson eyes. Waiting to manifest…

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa stared at the titanic form of Maple. Old guilt nipped at him, a guilt he did his best to ignore. Now was not the time.

He felt no fear. Only a calm resolve.

I will save you.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Maple was gigantic and insane and not at all the real issue. Dave'd drunk more than he should before the fight, and could feel it in how he was slightly unsteady.

Finish this. All they had to do was finish this, and then, well...

He shuddered and gritted his teeth. Fuck. All they had to do was finish this.

Dave gave a frustrated snarl and forcibly dragged Radiance out of the depths of his brain.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The air sizzled with the sting of Radiance that Starr knew so well, and the countless lifeless-looking bodies suspended from golden threads all around them sure didn't make the place look too inviting.

Oh, and there was a gigantic fucking bug-dragon ready to smash their skulls in.

Maple's Radiance was so overwhelming it was hard to look at. Too much Radiance. Starr could already feel its burn, without even calling on it yet. Maybe it was just the anticipation. She was used to the burn, it shouldn't have bothered her anymore. Shouldn't have bothered her, the way that it made all the pain feel deserved.

She found herself calling on the shadows, just to drown it out.

Starr used Void Catharsis!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv was exhausted, mentally. The spyhunting, the blowout with Mellow and Vix, the moon laser killing Vix...it was too much for them to take, and so they had spent the last several days hanging out with Burhalla, trying to relax and calm down.

But now they were here, in the Voidlands once more. Even just the landscape was horrific enough to bring back memories of the time Dark Matter ravaged the world, and trapped them and everyone they knew inside that hellish world.

But they had to be strong. They had to withstand this, for their friends.

They leapt around to one of their team's groups, surprisingly agile for a Meganium. They drew Dave's, Brisa's, and Koa's corruption towards themselves, soothing their teammates and clearing their minds. They called out to Koa, Starr, and Brisa, urging them to keep going and not to give up. To give this their all, and that Saltriv would be with them every step of the way to support them.

They'd give their friends all they got, and together, they'd save Maple, and all those trapped Pokemon.

No matter what.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Skara's Ward III protected Cynthian!
Ashwood's Ward III protected Astrid!
Mithos' Ward III protected Starr!
Cuicatl's Boon V boosted Astrid!
Flame's Shield IV protected Koa!

Koa called out to Saltriv! His pure words reached them!
Saltriv's Void Acceptance soothed Dave, Brisa, and Koa!
Saltriv's pure words rallied Starr, Koa, and Brisa!
Saltriv's Umbral Urging maxed out Koa's Magic!
Dave's Brilliant Determination protected Brisa!
Dave's Intimidate dealt -900 Attack to Maple's Left Arm, Tail and Wings, and 0 to Maple's Soul!
Brisa's Brilliant Paragon boosted and protected Starr and herself!
Starr's Void Catharsis prepared and healed Brisa and herself!
Icetales' Void Wraith inflicted 450 Confusion to Maple's Tail!
Icetales' Misty Aurora Veil protected the team from interference and attacks!
Mellow's pure words rallied Icetales, Cynthian and Celeste!
Mellow's Tailwind hastened the team!
Mellow's Shining Teatime helped Cynthian, Icetales and Celeste set up!
Koa's Umbral Outcry dealt 42, 44, and 47 damage and -400 Resistance to Maple's Left Arm, Tail and Wings, and 0 to Maple's Soul! It's Ultra Effective!

They were hardly Joltik to her. Their preparation and intimidations seemed to register somewhat to this wordless titan, but she swiped at them regardless, flailing her body as she tried to get a good shot with her maw. But even then, they were fast, and they knew to avoid her front...

In frustration, she roared, the chains of light all around the sky trembling. None of the trapped souls stirred, and the strings themselves were firm. It didn't look like it was possible to free them...

Maple is attacking!

Her right arm doesn't have anything to attack... It focused, gaining 1 strike's worth of Sure Crit and Shield Breaker!

Maple's left arm sweeps back at the team for a Blinding Swipe attack!
Astrid: Dodged!
Brisa: Protect!
Dave: Protect!
Koa: Flame takes the hit for 1229 damage! Flame left behind a Protect!
Saltriv: 364
Starr: Protect!

Saltriv resisted Flinching!

Maple's tail sweeps across the ground, striking those nearby with a Blinding Slam!
Celeste: Dodged!
Cynthian: Dodged!
Icetales: A grazing 109!
Mellow: A grazing 140!

Mellow lost some Defense and Resistance!
Celeste countered for 3924 damage, which was reduced to 981 damage against the tail!

Maple's wings stretched wide and beat down against the ground, aiming a storm of energy toward those she'd hit before near her left leg with a Blinding Gust!
Astrid: 108
Brisa: Protect!
Dave: Protect!
Koa: Protect!
Saltriv: 329
Starr: Dodged!

Saltriv and Astrid lost 3 Speed!

Maple's head has nothing to attack! It roared a horrible noise! Its Attack and Magic went up by 2!
Maple aimed skyward and fired into the air! Something powerful will rain down next turn!

Maple's Soul glowed bright! It's still at 100% damage reduction!
Maple's Soul leapt high into the air and spun around! It caused an Earthquake!
Astrid: 252
Brisa: Dodged!
Celeste: Dodged!
Cynthian: Dodged!
Dave: A grazing 49!
Icetales: 56
Koa: A grazing 168!
Mellow: 82
Saltriv: 32
Starr: 101

Celeste tried to counter... but it dealt 0 damage!

Maple turned around with the jump! Everyone's near different body parts now!

Maple Soul: 9,999
Wings: 4,958
Tail: 3,975
Left Arm: 2,453
Right Arm: 2,500

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Of course I am not all right.” Icetales shook his head. “I… cannot stand the sight of those poor souls trapped like that!”

“Well, then, you gotta complain about that to someone else…” said Petram, before pointing toward the titanic Maple. “I bet someone could use the language of the wallop, in this case.”
Just as I had worried... "If you ever need-" Celeste was interrupted as his radiant sense alerted him to an incoming tail sweep from Maple. He crouched low, then sprung up into the air, slicing at it with his own bladed tail as it passed beneath him. "-a moment to collect yourself, let me know! I'll cover for you as long as you need."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Gust of wind brought by Maple's wings sent Saltriv tumbling, but they quickly regained their balance. Maple...was strong. Terrifyingly strong.

The whole situation was terrifying. They were in the place of some of their worst nightmares, fighting for their and others' lives against a horrifying beast with unimaginable power.

They could do this, though. They could all do this.

No matter what, they'd stick by their friends until the end!

Saltriv Unleashed!

Smoke began rising from their tail, before the end of it lit in flame, like a Charmander's tail. Like Burhalla's. It caused no pain to Saltriv, if anything it felt like it was giving them strength.

In a flash of light, something hard appeared on their chest. A scalchop, like an Oshawott had. Like Gen had.

Lines of light appeared from their flower, stretching out from Saltriv towards their teammates, connecting them. Some of the lines were faint, like those connected to Nip and Astrid, while others, like those connected to Brisa, Vix, and Starr, were strong and bright.

Saltriv felt calm, focused, and stronger than they'd ever been. They felt completely in tune with their allies, and they'd support their friends with everything they got!

A ball of light appeared above Saltriv, shining on Starr, Brisa, and Dave, draining away their shadows.

"Dave! Koa! Brisa! Starr! Astrid! It's tough, but don't give up! We'll pull through! I believe in you! We're all working together! We can do this! No matter what!" they yelled.

The lines of light connected to Brisa and Starr glowed brightly, energy surging towards the two.

"I'm with you every step of the way!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
A quick seed to sharpen his reflexes, then Icetales proceeded to cast his protective shields on his team.

“Miss Cynthian! Miss Mellow! Sir Celeste! Worry not, I got you covered!” he cried, before gathering the shadow power into his tails.

A wraith of darkness flickered into view above him, turning the harsh hailstorm into a beneficial diamond dust. Then, the Ninetales aimed the phantom at the tail of the titanic opponent, which flew toward its target and for ready to strike…

Hmph. How utterly disappointing, foolish lad. Why art thou using those pathetic parlor tricks to try to slay a demon?

Icetales froze and his eyes darted in all directions. In a flash, he felt so very cold, and the darkness around him danced like alluring flames. That presence…

"If you ever need-" Celeste was interrupted as his radiant sense alerted him to an incoming tail sweep from Maple. He crouched low, then sprung up into the air, slicing at it with his own bladed tail as it passed beneath him. "-a moment to collect yourself, let me know! I'll cover for you as long as you need."

Icetales turned sharply toward Celeste, totally spooked. He was so absorbed by what was happening to him that he barely registered what his friend said.

“Oh. Um… Appreciate that, Sir Celeste, but I do not believe that—”

Think fast.

But Icetales failed to think fast and he was sent flying by the massive swipe. He grunted when he hit the floor and raised red dust.

“Oough…”

Tch. What kind of daemon art thee, foolish lad?

Icetales didn’t respond and looked upward. Sure enough, he saw just who he thought he was hearing.

Father.

We see again in a twisted hellspace, hm.

The shadow smirked.

My, that says plenty about thy mental state. Does this environment bring back memories?

There was no point in denying that — it did.

“Yes. It does.” Icetales stood back up and flared with defiance. “But I am not a scared pup anymore. These memories… I shall face them. For the sake of my team.”

Will thee now?

The shadow snickered.

Oh, I am most curious! How art thou going to do that?

The shadow leaned forward.

Thy spirit is still broken. Dost thou believe thou hast the strength to accomplish something?

Icetales glared at the phantom. He wasn’t going to back down.

Not anymore.

“…Yes.”

Hm?

“And to prove that… I am going to request something from thee.”
The darkness around Icetales intensified. “Show thy true self. Show thy true monstrous identity. Show… what I have in the depths of my soul.”

Time seemed to have slowed down and everything around the two foxes. It was only Icetales and his past.

Face to face.

…Is this what thou truly desire?

“…Yes.”
Icetales’ glare intensified. “Do it.”

A loud chuckle came from the shadow, which quickly devolved into a manic cackle. The entity twisted and morphed, while the red clouds surrounded his entire being. Skin and body dissolved into nothingness to reveal red bones and long horns, and the backbone became long and fully skeletal. A pair of arms burst from his shoulders, and a shining scythe made of red energy appeared into the new hands.

He was… a true daemon.

A star killer.

unknown.png

Now, foolish lad. Let us show to that demon how we daemons fight!

Without a word, Icetales unleashed his true power, becoming his own version of a star killer — a black hole on the front, a dark nebula on his back.

“…Let us do that.”

It didn’t seem like much time had passed that the phantom foxtaur jumped back on the titanic dragon, having carried Icetales in one arm and his scythe on the other. The shadow smirked with insatiable delight, his thirst for battle insatiable.

So, what shall I do first?

“Empower Miss Cynthian! We need all her energy to be able to dent the defenses of our opponent.”

The phantom rolled his eyes. Hmph. If that will allow us to slay this demon… then so be it.

Icetales nodded and proceeded to use his magic to conjure more barriers, while Magnificent stomped toward Cynthian. He didn’t even bother to see her face that he spun the scythe over his head.

With the powers bestowed to me by Chaos

The unholy amalgamation of madness and disaster

I, Magnificent, the Wraith of Wrath,

Shall empower thee with eternal darkness!

The scythe went down, sending a wave of darkness toward Cynthian. The energy flowed into her system, making her flowers sharper and her attacks deadlier. When the ritual was done, Magnificent huffed and held the scythe over his shoulder.

…Dost not thank me.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Wow,” was all Astrid could really say. The Blacklight in Maple’s wings was terrifying, but the actually scary part was how big she was.

Astrid flexed her tails and sized the monster up during her approach, tail to snout. She wasn’t too big… she just had to stay away from those world-eating jaws, huh.

It turned out the jaws were the least of her worries, and instead it was the range and power of her other limbs that put her on her back once, then twice more. Scrambling to her feet, Astrid winced; an avalanche of pain washed over her body and the Radiance in her spirit burned against the abyssal environment. And she was getting tired too fast. In these hellish lands she felt out of place, barely able to breathe, like she was much much higher than any mountain peak she’d ever climbed…

"Dave! Koa! Brisa! Starr! Astrid! It's tough, but don't give up! We'll pull through! I believe in you! We're all working together! We can do this! No matter what!" they yelled.

That was Saltriv’s voice! And indeed, the burning subsided just a bit. Just enough. And as she turned back to square up, she caught sight of Starr and Brisa—in their new forms. Just like that, on command.

Something tugged at the back of Astrid’s throat. Tugged her towards them, intoxicating. But she shrugged it off and drew energy the way she was far more used to—the safer way.

Still, she felt it. Soon. Soon.

Astrid used Null Sweeper Flail on Maple’s Head, Maple’s Right Arm, and Maple’s Left Arm! Twice!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa flexed her paws, then squeezed them into fists so tight that every knuckle cracked, and the plasma in her palms burst into a miniature halo around her fists. Damn, that felt good. Being a zeraora kicked ass, who knew? Well, Luz, probably.

You're doin' great, came a muted sending from the Ultra Stone in Brisa's satchel. Real proud o' ya.

Brisa ran for a good spot on the dusty earth beneath Maple where she could get in some good strikes. Oh yeah? Makin' a good zeraora, am I?

Sure. Better'n I've been, I reckon.

Don't say that.

Luz went quiet, and Brisa reached the spot she needed to, rendezvousing with Starr for a truly massive Arcflare. The corruption was surging up in greater quantities than ever before, but she could throttle it better than ever before, too. She was more at peace than any time in her life. This would be spectacular.

You could really be a zeraora. Really ascend, I mean. Have power like that, purpose like that, all the things like that. Does that . . . make ya happy?

Why would you ask that?

I just don't know that tryin' t'be a zeraora made me all that happy, is all.

Brisa gathered the power she needed, breath and lightning flowing through her as easily as wind through scrub grass. Shadow billowed up around her and thunderbolts careened through the haze. Not far from her, Starr's white-hot Radiant flames made contact, and the Shadow rippled through it, each energy reacting with the other, Starr's Flarestrike blooming into a dark supernova.

Well becomin' the Light ain't the only thing I want, sent Brisa, back to Luz.

What did she want? What was the feeling in her chest? She couldn't think about that right now: she was holding a thunderstorm in her paws.

"Go wide!" she called to Starr. "Just like we've been trainin' fer!"

Brisa leaped up, balled fists wrapped in Shadows, their Fusion Arcflare searing across the Radiant titan above.

Let's see if that brings ya t'yer senses, Maple.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
A thick fog of shadows clung to Starr's mind. The sting of Radiance was just a dull tingle, barely noticeable, despite the overwhelmingly bright haze in the air. All around them, bodies hanging from thread extending upward into the void. Another goddamn world full of people to save--none of this was in the job description. How long are you gonna have to go through hell to save a fuckton of people you've never met? Will it ever end? Will you ever get to go home?

A blinding sunbeam shone down from above, and some of the fog lifted. Starr shook her head and glanced around to see its source--a Radiant ball of light, shining above Saltriv. She could feel the sunlight stoking her flames, invigorating her. With a nod of thanks, she rushed forward into the fray.

Starr unleashed a barrage of fire all over Maples head and arms. So much fire she could hardly see anything else. She didn't have any idea if Maple would even feel any of it, but she kept going anyway. The team had taken down Joule. They'd beaten everything the Worldcore could throw at them. They weren't about to fall here.

Stamina: -262
Starr's Resolution let her keep going!

Brisa was a Zeraora again--that form was starting to look familiar (was that a good thing?). Starr, too, could feel the surge of power within herself, that energy pushing her past her limit, even before her fur had turned white and gold. Radiant flames mixed with shadowy lightning, and a raging storm of darkness enveloped Maple's entire torso all at once, blocking out the overwhelming glare for a single, sweet moment.

Starr and Brisa used Fusion Arcflare on Maple! It's Ultra Effective!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
They needed to take down Maple's head quick, before she could get the attack she was preparing off, and Dave charged, shadows sprouting in his footsteps, weaving around her flailing arm with less coordination than ideal. He wouldn't be protected this time if she struck back, not if he was going to manage to hit her head and limbs. But fuck it. They had to anyway. And there were worse things to do than kicking the shit out of Maple.

He braced for pain and gritted his teeth and pressed onward anyway, Radiance and Shadow pulsing through him, and felt something shift curiously within him as the warm Radiant buzz and the cold Shadow shivers permeated his skin. Something was... something was melting, sizzling, running off him in globs and evaporating.

In the moment, it didn't even faze him. Why not? Why shouldn't he just fucking melt into corruption? Soda was going to end everything anyway.

His very being felt corrosive, and wasn't that just a fucking metaphor for everything. He let out a drunken giggle as he charged into the side of Maple's head, sizzling Blacklight splattering onto her face where it dug into her spiritual flesh. Fucking fantastic. An actual use for being an insufferable piece of shit, in the service of something better.

With a maniacal snarl, he tore into Maple with his teeth, fangs boiling with Blacklight corruption.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Something about this place wrought a melancholic feeling on Celeste. Or rather, a feeling that had been ruminating in his heart for some time was gnawing its way out.

He began to hum, then to sing. It was an old lullaby about renewal. Traditionally sung in Xerneas’ name, though his mother had to him as a thanks for the sacred ash that had given him a chance at life.

As he sang, he imbued the notes with a power new to him. The power of understanding, the will to make others feel as he felt.

Images took shape in his head. New green sprouting after the spring snowmelt, eggs hatching, youths determining their names, the passing of knowledge and responsibility from parent to child. Displaced souls in their new bodies congregating in Cibus, steeling themselves for the task at hand.

He found the song shifting. Celeste himself had little knowledge of how to alter songs, but this one still changed, as if it were its own organic thing and he just its channeller.

The second verse manifested as pieces of song about the tenacity of those making the most of the in-between of the beginning and end of their lives.

It made him think of old human ruins, like shrines to their civilization’s tenacity, outliving their bodies. Of the Moonlight Feast, held on the winter solstice as a testament to their defiance of the longest night of the biting cold season.

Then, there of the old heroes of Cibus, standing against higher beings and corrupt entities to buy the world more time. Of Spectrum, living as best they could with the end ever more pressing than usual. Spending quiet nights with his friends between days fighting to extend Cibus’ life.

The final verse was a requiem for endings. The most inevitable element of all things. His voice carried a finality to it, for this verse most of all seemed quite fitting for this battle.

The mindless voice of a dead world, the souls of those lost bound in chains. Imagery wasn’t even necessarily needed to feel the weight carried in the verse of finality.

The power of the song flowing through him compelled him to envision it anyways. The last moment of a hunt, the knowledge that the same could just as well happen to him if he wasn’t careful. His mother’s weak smile before the life faded from her eyes.

The knowledge he, too, would inevitably face the same, in Cibus, then a second time in his home world. And further, one day that was hopefully far beyond his own passing, his world would one day follow, for nothing truly lasts forever. Cibus, too, was no exception. One day, there would be a crisis no heroes could solve, and it would follow Telus into oblivion. For a world to live happily forever after was but a comfortable lie.

Perhaps someone not himself, someone like Maple would be wounded by the understanding wrought by the song.

Celeste, however, accepted his transience. There was nothing else could he do, after all, but to accept the inevitable truth, and to make as best he could of the time he had.

He felt something about himself shift. He couldn’t see the change, but he still knew in his heart what had changed. The fragment of Ho-Oh’s power he bore within had manifested.

Xerneas could have the beginning, Yveltal could have the end. That precious time in-between, though, belonged to him.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Dil's Shield V protected Koa!
Saltriv's Shining Sunbeams soothed Starr, Brisa, and Dave!
Saltriv's Connection Call boosted and soothed Brisa, Starr, Astrid, Dave and Koa!
Koa's Brilliant Conduit let Koa and Dave shoulder Brisa's corruption!
Koa cried thunder to Saltriv!
Cynthian's Brilliant Edelweiss, empowered by Icetales' Wraith, gave her a huge boost and protected the team!
Icetales' Teatime let Celeste restore his stamina!
Icetales' Umbral Nebula, Aurora Veil and Diamond Dust protected the team!
Mellow's pure words rallied Icetales, Cynthian and Celeste!
Mellow's Helping Hand boosted Cynthian!
Mellow's Tailwind hastened the team!
Celeste's Shining Shield protected Cynthian!
(Celeste's Perish Song staggered Maple!)

Koa's Umbral Outcry dealt 105 and 100 damage and -1600 Resistance to Maple's right arm and head!
Koa's Void Thundercall dealt -2100 Speed to Maple's head!
Dave's Shadow Charge dealt 54 damage and 1200 Poison to Maple’s head!
Dave's triple Crunches dealt 29 damage each, 1200 Poison and -1500 Defense to Maple’s head and each arm!
Cabot's Strike V dealt 795 damage to Maple’s head!
Brisa's Spreader Fusion Arcflare dealt 851, 756, and 709 damage and 450 Paralysis to Maple's left arm, head, and wings! It's Ultra Effective!
Brisa's Spreader Plasma Fists dealt 208, 295, and 297 damage and 450 Paralysis to Maple’s head and each arm!
Brisa's Spreader Electric Facade dealt 341, 411, and 428 damage and 450 Paralysis to Maple’s head and each arm! Maple's body parts were paralysed!
Starr's Fiery U-Turn dealt 255 damage to Maple's right arm!
Starr's Sweeper Flare Blitz dealt 479, 523, and 503 damage to Maple's head and each arm!
Starr's Spreader Leech Life dealt 177, 223, and 211 damage to Maple's head and each arm! Starr healed for some HP!
Starr's Sweeper Power Trip dealt 1593, 1936, and 1807 damage to Maple's head and each arm!
Starr's Sweeper Fusion Arcflare dealt 2190 and 1475 damage to Maple's head and wings! It reacted with Brisa's Arcstrike to become Ultra Effective! Starr took a lot of damage in recoil!
Astrid was Inspired by Starr! Astrid's double Null Sweeper Flails dealt a boosted 1983 and 1931 damage to Maple's head and wings!
Cynthian's Gatling Seed, Empowered by Icetales and Mellow, dealt a semi-CRITICAL total damage of 2675 damage to Maple's head and inflicted 300 Freeze and 100 Confusion!

Several parts were destroyed, and reduced damage and debuffs went to the main body!

They knew just where to hit and how hard from that grapple and a little extrapolation. A pulse of life ran through the team as they coordinated and communicated in silence, and sometimes in shouts. By the time their first flurry was over, Maple's arms were hazy apparitions, and her head had been blown clean off, leaving behind two glaring, pupil-less eyes to float in a cloud. A mouth opened wide to roar as the stars themselves in the blotchy sky seemed to fall...

Maple's head's attack from before is raining down! Blinding Starfall! It struck everyone five times!
Astrid: Dodge, then endure!
Brisa: A grazing blow, then 244 damage!
Celeste: Dodged, then Detected! Celeste has 1 Detect left, which faded!
Cynthian: Protected by Celeste!
Dave: Dodged one, then 308 damage!
Icetales: A significantly reduced 77!
Koa: Dill took the blow for 214 damage total, then fell to Valor! Two Protects left behind!
Conduit: Protect, then 239 damage!
Mellow: 130
Saltriv: 206
Starr: 447, KO!

Several of Team Spectrum lost -1 Valor!

Celeste dodged a total of 9730 damage, and redirected it back at Maple's Soul for a heavily reduced 1460 damage!

Maple's tail didn't have anything to strike! It coiled up and prepared for a powerful blow later... It gained Sure Crit, Shield Breaker, and is charging up!

Maple's wings beat several times, trying to knock and blow Brisa away! It dealt 172 damage and blew her back to the Head zone! Starr, unconscious, got caught up in the blast, but was caught on one of Maple's scales before she could fall away!

Maple's Soul pulsed to life! It channeled energy into her head, reviving it completely! Maple's Soul also transferred all buffs to her head!

Maple Soul: 7,039 (40% reduction, 0% status shield)
Wings: 868
Tail: 4,956

Wishkeeper snarled. "It's vulnerable. With an onslaught like that, we might be able to take her out quickly and stall!"

Wishkeeper's insight:
Maple's Soul will regenerate body parts each turn, but when it does so, it's still vulnerable from before it was missing parts. Either outpace her heals or attack her directly!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Hello? Testing? Bah, this soul nonsense is ridiculous. Anyway, I don't know how far along you lot are with beating the friendship into Maple or whatever, but I thought you should be aware that we may have a slight problem. We can't sense hide or hair of Eternatus and the soulless mewtwo that are supposed to be here. We've managed to steer Maple clear of Diyem so far; her mind's devolved to primal rage.

"The problem is that idiot marshtomp and his even more idiotic shade decided to wander off on their own. Some bullshit about trying to find the real Xerneas. If any of you put him up to this and didn't tell the team, then you're going in time out if we get out of this alive. And, if not, someone smack him upside the head when this is over. I told him to make sure his shade was in its ultra stone but it didn't listen.

"I fear it is far more likely that they will find Eternatus or Mewtwo and awaken them from whatever stupor Maple left them in. So, you might want to pick up the pace before we're forced to take more extreme measures out here."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff

nate_grumpy.png
What the fuck are you talking about? I've been with Diyem the entire time, and Rocky
is in his stone. How about more distracting Maple, less looking for every possible opportunity to be an asswipe?

protag_happy.png
I hope everybody's okay! I think my gift from Arceus is working again. I hope it's working for you, too!

(( Work with me, here. I'm too lazy to cut out all the marshtomp portraits rn. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom