• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Progress report on your Resolutions

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
So how are you all doing on your resolutions, posted here or otherwise?

It's been about a monthish so I figure this would be a good place as any to put up how we're all doing with fulfilling, changing, not doing, looking for inspiration, or escape hatches out of, our self inflicted goals that heralded the new year.

Writing or otherwise, skies the limit, share to your heart's content.

And no fears on just using this place as a means to cheer each other on, offer resources, ect.

For myself I'm slowly editing, with the assistance of the ever patient OSJ, Transversal. And I am solo editing the blazes out of Four by Four's first... (checks doc) three chapters. So yay? Progress.

Anyway, how's everyone else doing?

I'll revisit this post sometime early March so we can have a divider between months to really show progress!

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
For me, Chapter 1 is just being edited, while Chapter 2 and 3 are outlined, and I just need to work on them, so I would say I'm making progress on it.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I'm doing great on my reading goals! I don't have a fic reading goal, but I wanted to read 50 books this year (to top 47 from last year) and I'm set to hit that goal and then some. So far, I've read 20 books this year, all but 4 by black and/or queer authors. ❤️

Writing goals: I'm not quiiiite hitting the at-least-one-chapter-per-month goal I wanted, but I am still writing a lot. And I still wrote a chapter-sized thing for the one-shot contest. Part of the "problem" is that I'm in a pretty dense arc of my story with lots of information being revealed and lots of events happening concurrently in different places, so I keep realizing that what I'd planned to be one chapter is actually two. Splitting the content takes me a little longer, I'm noticing. But! I'm happy with my output overall! 💪

How's everyone else doing? Seems like Discord has been full of lots of small-scale goal-setting lately, which is also really cool.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I have been spending a lot of time staring at my screen, thinking about words. I'm on track with 750/day word goal! Last month was basically all spent on the contest oneshot; now for the rest of March I want to focus on wrapping up chapters and short stories* so I can do MORE EDIT and hopefully put out a chapter again eventually

*speaking of, I've been really drawn by short fiction this year. i've written a bunch and have really enjoyed experimenting

00000Capture.PNG

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Oh, @Equitial, your writing tracker is interesting! I track my reviews but not my words. (In part because Scrivener has a function for tracking it.) But I like seeing how you manage yours.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
word trackers keep me afloat; i love them so much ❤️

I got that one from here!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
One of my resolutions was to write a bit of my original story every two weeks. I wrote so much in the first two months that I'm set until October for that.

But I also said I was gonna work on Obsession and have two chapters done this year and so far i haven't even started yet.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Am presently running everything through Grammarly and trying to do some by-hand editing for clarity with Transversal (chapters 1-3 done with Grammarly, the other restructuring/sentence work is taking more time) the other chapters and works are of course pending.

As for new content, I've got an outline for the next five Gio and Silver chapters for the same story sketched out and will finish with those sometime soon and run them through the editing machine when I get up to speed with the next 4 chapters I'm cleaning up... Right now I just want to get the basic grammar stuff squared away, the "for clarity" rehaul is going to take ages... and I'm waffling between daunted and determined to get it right. We'll see how it goes.

On a lighter note, I've met my goal of reviewing 3 stories for this month, actually I exceeded it, but my most recent reviews were for the outstanding.

Haunter haunted, (on the forum)
Made for Team Rocket, (Ao3)
and Picking up long scattered pieces (Ao3)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Finished one of two Obsession chapters I said I would do this year! Now to work more on my original story for a while and write the second chapter after a break.

Top Bottom