• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Post a tidbit or two about your main character.

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
OC or canon, since canon characters usually need so much fleshing out that they become psuedo-OCs.

Here‘s two regarding Valen

“You’re way stronger than me,” Valen states, snapping Silver out of his train of thought. “Heh, I’m nothing compared to you and Dimitri.”

“Hey, don’t degrade yourself like that,” Silver chastises. “You've already proven to be on equal footing with Red and Blue."

“I lost to Red twice,” Valen points out, sporting an amused smirk. “Meanwhile, you’re one of the few trainers who’ve actually managed to defeat both Red and Blue.”

“Neither battle was a breeze for me. Also, your Salamence managed to defeat Red’s Charizard in your second battle against him, and both Red and Blue praised your strength as a trainer,” Silver points out, furrowing his eyebrows. “Valen, when are you going to stop selling yourself short and accept the fact that you're strong?"

Valen lets out a deep sigh, his smirk having turned into a frown. "I'm weak, not strong." Valen bows his head down as an unrelenting feeling of heaviness overcomes him. "My personal demons are too strong, and I'm too weak to fend them off."

"He’s still got a long road ahead of him.” Silver silently laments.

”It doesn’t matter how strong I was in the past...I’m now pathetic,” Valen silently bemoans. “Thanks for refusing to leave this nobody’s side, Rosa. That’ll always mean a lot to me.”

Then, Valen’s mouth curves into an amused, prideful smirk. “Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh, imagine how badass I’d look taking Rosa on dates in dad’s original Shelby Cobra. Dad took Mom on dates in the 289 Cobra when they were around my age. I’m also gonna need a sedan at some point, so I’ll take the classic Mercedes-Benz too."

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Oh I love little trivial facts about characters!

Wes is afraid of heights, though he goes to great lengths not to show it since he feels like it’s a weakness that could be exploited.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
This seems fun! I might have to do some more for other characters later. Facts that either won't come up in the fic, or will come up significantly later.

For Nip:
-He used to have a crush on a stunky
-The event that earned him his ranking in his tribe involved him planning and successfully leading a hunt for a tyranitar.

Haru:
-She had a fear of water for a while after she almost drowned as a very young child.

LiquidMadMan

Bug Catcher
Here's a little fact about Eli!

Eli does a pretty bad job at hiding the fact that he's mostly attracted to strong and aggressive girls. While he often tries to subvert strong and aggressive males through various tricks and pranks to make up for his own lack of overt strength, he acts quite different towards females who display the same attributes. He used to idolize an incredibly strong and resilient female as a role-model of sorts, but his attraction to strong females truly began with his crush on his childhood rival/friend, Lara, who just so happens to be very tough and playfully aggressive (and perhaps even a little nuts at times!). Oh, and if said girl has an element of danger or dubiousness about her, that's even better...

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Jirarudan:
-This is never going to be said in the actual story because he's unlikely to ever get a diagnosis, at least in the timeline of Obsession, but I write him as autistic. Corbin as well for that matter, but with Jiri there's canon stuff I can draw from, like how he's very passionate but it never seems to make it to his face or voice (seriously go watch the movie again he has like four facial expressions and two are variants of "smug". And even in Japanese his voice is quite flat, and he's voiced by Takashi Frickin Kaga there), or how he seems to relate to others solely by rote instead of thinking of the specific needs of the situation.

This has led to some...unusual misunderstandings with readers. One stands out to me, where the reader thought that a scene where he's practicing facial expressions with a mirror and a stack of photographs was a demonstration that he had lost his humanity. So that was a weird thing to read.

It's also led to some venting bits but I try to keep that to a minimum. He's not an exact replica of my experiences after all (for instance I never had the flat affect, even as a kid), but I try to put some of myself into things.

-I also feel like his interests would be quite diverse. I mean yeah, it all comes back to art and beauty in the end, but we know from production notes that he's also heavy into science ("frightening scientific knowledge" is how I've seen it translated), and his tastes in art seem to be quite eclectic in the film. He strikes me as the sort who could appreciate some modern music or films even if other collectors felt bound by convention to dismiss things like that.

Top Bottom