• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Thank Arceus we were able to gain her trust, I don't think I'd be able to handle fighting her," Vix rippled, slowly returning back to normal. "I don't know why but she's... I don't even wanna think about it. Just standing in the same room as her makes me feels like I'm about to explode."

“Guillotine, Spatial Rend, Sacred Fire..."

Maybe Moonblast...

"You think she could punch a hole through the planet?" And yet Vix also really wanted to see how strong Maple was for herself. Who even cares about self preservation? Vix was about to think about it herself, when, actually, something entirely unrelated came back to mind...

“Hi! Vix, right? Cuicatl here was just strategizing.”
"And we weren’t strategizing about anything.”

Vix slammed her arms on the table, but they weren't fully formed so instead of a loud collision of word and metal, it was more a dull slap of wax. That also detached her arms. "Wait, a sec, if you guys didn't come here to stragetize, why'd you tell me you were strategizing?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I know right? Why can't we just drag her along with us whenever another god gets corrupted?" Vix sighed, sticking her arms back on. She stayed on the table, balancing on the bottom of her... lamp... stand? Whatever that was.

"Val brought us here so I could strategize. I never agreed.

"Alright then... what do you want to do Cuicatl?" Vix asked, hopping over to Cuicatl. "Anywhere you wanna go? Anything you wanna see? What do you want?"

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Oh son of a--

"I-I'm sorry. At least you're able to joke about it, hehe..." Vix melted a bit. Was she being rude? She couldn't tell. It sort of felt like she was. "I dunno where I wanna go, really... And you're sure you don't have a place you wanna s-- go to?" She sighed and floated off the table. Why was it so hard to help a friend? Everyone else made it look so easy...

"I guess we can go shopping, actually. I dunno about you, but I could use a few more items."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Now this is progress! Possibly! Right after Vix was complaining about not seeing progress! Vix lowly pumped her fist and smiled. "I'm sure there's a store around here, but if we really need to we can maybe go over to Treasure Town or Pokemon Square. It'll be fun!" she giggled.

It was probably best to stay next to Cuicatl, so Vix floated to their side, humming to herself. "You wanna head out right away? We got all the time in the world, after all."

Suddenly, Vix realized that she didn't have Puddle and her's badge. For some reason, it felt like she might want to check it, like a message for everyone about something really important. She shrugged it off, thinking it was probably just a strange feeling.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix stopped herself from also cheering 'Shopping time,' just as Cuicatl cut Val off. She cleared her lack-of-a-throat and chuckled. "Then we're off!"

They barely made it out the door before Vix turned to the side and whispered, "Shopping Time!!!"

<><><><><>

R9 – Five Minutes, and No More

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
When was the last time Brisa had been in a quiet place, alone? It felt like days. She'd turned in for the night only after exhausting herself into a stupor each evening at the training rooms, and she was always planning, always helping, always working. The study wasn't well-used by members of Team Spectrum, and she could return from it quickly if needed...

She was always needed.

The luxio sighed, and took a seated position in one of the quiet rooms, and daydreamed of lonely, melancholy patrols along the eastern ridge, when regrets and solitude were her biggest problems. How long ago that seemed.

Ten minutes. She'd take a breath for ten minutes– no, five minutes. Five minutes, and not a second longer.

Then she'd go find Maple. There was an end to the world in the sky outside, and Brisa needed to speak to his lover.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And yet, despite that, it seemed that Brisa was not the only person who got that idea. A little while later, near the end of Brisa's planned resting time, distant voices talking echoed off the walls. "Ah! Certainly, we can try something like that. Though it would involve a lot of--ah! It seems we have some company."

"Hm?" Maple hummed, looking forward. "...Oh. Brisa, you're here?"

Millijoule floated forward, his shining body lighting up the study like the sun that had been blotted from the sky.

And there was Maple, looking cool and collected as always. She had been nearly screaming only an hour ago, and yet now... Perhaps she, too, had a duty to follow.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Maple. ...Millijoule."

'Howdy' sounded absolutely pathetic in this context. Best get to the point.

"I was just fixin' to come find you," Brisa admitted. "But if y'all want a quiet moment first, I can't begrudge it."

She stood, anticipating that she'd be asked to leave.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"No, it's fine," Maple replied, shaking her head.

"To be frank, we could use a break, but there's no reason you can't relax with us and talk." Millijoule's eyes glimmered in a way that was reminiscent of Luz and her endless confidence. But there was a hint of care in his voice, too. He curled around one of the nearby tables--as a stool was simply too small--and rested his head on the top. Maple sat nearby on one of the seats.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded. "I think I've barely relaxed in months," she confessed.

She eyed Maple, quieter of late than she'd been, and coping with something Brisa had no frame of reference for outside of pathetic romance pulps.

"How do you normally wind down, when you ain't facin' up to times like this?" she asked, dry but sincere.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple looked surprised at the question. "How do I... normally wind down?" Maple asked. "I..." She rubbed one of her hands over the back of the other, pensive. "...Well... I would go to an open field. A dense forest. Or even the shoreline. And I would... be. That is... how I wind down. Or, how I try to."

Millijoule nodded solemnly. "As a Voice of Life, Maple has an easy time connecting to the heartbeat of the world, one way or the other. And the world has many kinds of heartbeats."

"Even if it is not something I should be listening to," Maple admitted, bringing a hand to her chest. "...My heart should have stopped long ago. But I was blessed with the opportunity to keep other worlds beating."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom