• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Large Dorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Architecture in Destiny Village was often accommodating for Pokemon large and small. As such, some of the dorm rooms, particularly the ones further in the back, had wider doors and larger spaces inside to accommodate the larger Pokemon that occupied them. Everything was supersized and generally difficult for smaller or average sized Pokemon to live in, but it was just right for Pokemon that feared crushing anything smaller.

Some of these rooms, due to the sheer size of Team Spectrum, were also repurposed to be triple-up rooms, though in the rush to inform everyone of what arrangements were made, this specification hadn't been made outright. Still, it was another place for Team Spectrum to live in for the time being.

<><><>

R5 - New Roommates

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste walked into his new room. Just he and Nip would be sharing this? It was lots of room...

There might be a third, or even fourth person assigned with them. Hopefully it would be someone like Icetales or Cuicatl if it came to that.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot nervously approached the door to his new room. While he wanted to talk things over with Nip, he certainly hadn't expected to get the opportunity by being assigned to the same room as him. Not only that, but this was Celeste's room as well, the other member of his team he had said some... not so nice things to when corrupted. Were they both already inside? Would they get angry upon seeing him? Or worse, maybe neither of them were inside and they'd come back later only to find him in their room like some sort of intruder...

He supposed there was only way to find out.

The Cranidos put his nameplate into the slot and opened the door, where found much to his relief that only Celeste was inside. Maybe he'd get a chance to make things up with him before Nip showed up.

"H-Hey."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I think they just assigned me at random, or maybe they thought it was practical or something since three 'mons can easily sleep here, but only you and Nip currently are..."

An awkward silence filled the room after he finished speaking, prompting Cabot to shift uneasily. Part of him was okay with staying quiet, but he knew he had to bring up what happened at Shayim Village eventually. And it's not like it would be any easier once Nip got back.

"A-Anyway, I... I just wanted to say I'm sorry about everything."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste hesitated. Part of him wanted to be angry with Cabot, but the two of them were going to be roommates for... who knows how long. Either way, he’d already promised himself he would try not to hold what other people said while shadowed against them, and it would be remiss of him to go against that at the first possible opportunity.

“It’s okay. What you said about me... Well, if you had believed it to be true, I can understand why you would loathe it. A-As for what you said to Nip... Well, it’s not my place to forgive that.”

He really, really wanted to leave it at that, but there was something else he knew he had to say.

“And... And... I apologize. For saying I wanted to... uhh... kill you.”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot blinked in surprise and stared back with his mouth open. Celeste... was apologizing to him?

"I-I mean you don't have to say sorry to me! I'm the one who started attacking everyone and said all those awful things to you... and Nip..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Even if he wasn't keen on having around Destiny Village, Nip wasn't exactly keen on sleeping under a bush in the woods. He'd had enough nights of sleeping rough to last a lifetime.

As he arrived at his room, though, he was met with a familiar cranidos standing in the entryway. His ear and feathers dropped and he took a single step back. On second thought, my aybe sleeping in the woods want so bad. He heard that sleeping under roots at this time of year was awfully comfortable...

But he couldn't avoid Cabot forever. At some point he was going to have to confront him. So with a deep breath he stepped forward once again, stepping up behind him. He greeted both Pokemon curtly. "Celeste. Cabot."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot moved back with a start as Nip suddenly walked past behind him. "O-Oh! Nip! I..." Cabot fumbled for words as he struggled to think of what to say exactly. "They assigned me to you guys' room so..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Cabot. Assigned. Here. To him- to his room. Nip did his best to repress the bubbling memories and forced a smile.

"I. See. It's.... Good to have you here?" No. Stop being uncertain. Uncertainty is frowned upon. "Just... Uh. Make yourself at home?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot gave Nip a hesitant look. He supposed it was a good thing that Nip didn't appear to be upset at him, but on the other hand his reaction felt far from genuine.

"Nip...?" he began. "I... I'm sorry about what happened. About attacking you and all the mean things I said. Maybe that machine influenced what I did, but that doesn't make it right. I know how awful I was to you and everyone else and I wish it had never happened or that I could take it all back somehow, but I can't. I just..."

Cabot looked down towards the ground.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
An actual, genuine apology? That was... new. Nip was quiet while Cabot spoke, his expression unreadable. He continued to be silent after Cabot finished creating an awkward air until he finally averted his gaze and took a deep breath. "It's... It's fine. Really. I get it I mean. Owen of all mon was trying to kill us. I'm pretty sure I blindly lashed out during the fight, myself. So. It's fine, apology accepted."

It wasn't really fine. Or rather. He wasn't really fine. But maybe, just maybe if he kept quiet and pretended it was fine and made sure everyone else was happy, nothing bad would happen this time.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste let down the Radiant Vision. Whatever was going on, violence seemed an unlikely outcome, and going all squeaky certainly wouldn’t help the situation. Still, something was amiss here. Celeste had talked to Nip long ago and he’d pretty clearly not been fine. Surely Nip understood that neither Cabot nor himself would be offended if he said as much, but if so... Why was he lying about it?

Celeste wished he could just ask Nip, but it would make Nip look to be a liar to Cabot, which... Well, it was true, but Cabot would likely take offence to the fact that Nip had lied to him. If only he had a way to ask Nip without offending Cabot.

Diyem, can you hear me? I need to talk to Nip without Cabot hearing. Can you, perchance, connect us?

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"H-Huh?! You really mean it, Nip?"

Cabot stared back at Nip in surprise. While he'd hoped that Nip would accept his apology, he couldn't but shake the feeling that things were going a bit too easy considering how upset Nip seemed at the time.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Yeah I. I mean it." And he really did. It wasn't like he didn't understand. But accepting an apology and moving on like nothing happened were two different things.

"I just. Need some time." It was vague, but hopefully it would be enough that they could drop the subject and talk about more important things. Maple, for example.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot slowly began to smile as a feeling of relief washed over him. For a moment he was worried that Nip only accepted his apology because he was assigned to be his roommate, but it looked like things would turn out alright after all.

"I understand. Thank you, Nip," he said. "I really appreciate that."

The Cranidos looked over to Celeste as there was one thing he wanted to be sure about.

"So are you both really okay with me sleeping here, then?" Cabot asked. "I mean, I know the guild assigned me here and all, but I can always try to ask them to assign me somewhere else if it's really an issue..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom