• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Holding Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
R8 ~ Karats are Good for Your Eyes

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
While rare, there are occasions where Poppin' Arms required the use of its personal jail. They were usually meant for unruly Pokemon of great power that needed to be under careful watch by the strongest fighters, Poppin' Arms being the focal point for just that need. The basement held three cells, though apparently only one had ever needed to be in use at any time. Each cell had decent living arrangements, with a bed, basic facilities, and even a small mini-kitchen... though it was still just that, a cell. Apparently having weaponry didn't mean as much in a world like this, compared to human jailcells. There weren't even bars; only element-proof windows with a button nearby to allow sound through.

There was a common area separated by a hall, that itself was split by two doors, each one only unlockable by way of official Guild badges. The common area held books, basic entertainment, and what sounded like a magic radio. There was an air of suppression in the atmosphere, like the very walls and floor dampened one's energy. Perhaps that was intentional. For what was supposed to be a high-profile holding cell, it didn't look that secure. Though perhaps that was part of the deception...

<><><>
Karat sat on a small stool, reading a book titled Anger and Moves: How Loss of Control Leads to Regret. He looked quite bored, flipping through the pages and perhaps only skimming the bolded points and pictures. Perhaps he'd read it before, or perhaps it was assigned reading, or perhaps even still, he was just a very fast reader. He was Mewtwo; it wasn't impossible.

His eye flicked left at the sound of the outer door opening. Karat turned his attention completely to the entryway.

"What do you want?" Karat said leisurely, looking through the middle of the book again by the time the inner door opened.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Uh, I was hoping you would answer that."

Seyka poked his head around the edge of the inner door, the Skarmory smiling slightly at Karat. "Hi. We don't know each other, and we don't need to." He walked in the cell proper. "How's jail?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Everyone is talking about traitors or whatever," Seyka said. "I thought it would be fun so I came here. I guess the rest of the team isn't interested, so you get me! Er, sorry if that's not what you want."

The Skarmory leaned in. "So uh, are you a traitor? I mean, it's okay if you are."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"If you betrayed someone in the past, you're not doing it now," Seyka explained, frowning. "So you can't really be a traitor right now, even if you are."

"Besides, you can always stop, and that's why it's okay," the Skarmory said, nodding to himself. "Traitor is a subjective measure anyway."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"If that's what you want to do," Seyka replied, ruffling his wings. "Life is about the present and conscious choice. If it's something you choose to do, then I can't really complain."

"I suppose I might be upset a bit, but it's not like I would hate you for it. I don't hate anyone, because I save it for later." The Skarmory tilted his head slightly. "The error is yours to realize though. Wrong and right are what you make of them."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"I'd hope so, but it's not like I can tell if that's the case," the Skarmory said.

"More to the point," Seyka continued, "The other one that's like you, Giovanni I think? He's doing what he wants to do, so I can't blame him for that. If you hate him, then that's what you feel. I suppose I'll ask though, what do you think of him? I know some of the others aren't big fans; it doesn't matter much to me either way."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Hm, if you say so," Seyka said blithely, "So why do you think he chose to look like that? Because he hates you?"

The Skarmory sighed. "If I could choose to look like anything I wanted, I think I'd be the same. Maybe I'd make my feathers a bit more colorful, kind of like my dad."

"Anyway, you don't look like you're mocking anyone," Seyka said. "You're put together, you got a leg that kicks, and you have arms too." He paused, "Sorry if you're talking in a philosophical sense, I'm just saying what I see."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Karat wondered if the isolation in the cells were starting to get to him. Seyka was clearly some kind of partial hallucination. "I don't know how he became another of my kind," he said, "but it was clearly so he could obtain some sort of power and make it his own. Or maybe it wasn't intentional at all, and he somehow... gained that power accidentally. How should I know?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Either way, it's an indictment of this world's luck," Seyka said. "He just happened to get that power, and just happened to come to this place in specific. Or what? Someone gave it to him?"

The Skarmory thought about it. "Let's see- the big one was Arceus right? What if he gave Giovanni that power? Taking care of a world is a stressful job no? What if he wanted to get rid of it without having the embarrassment of having to do it himself? Just hire a proxy instead!"

"How much would someone pay to destroy a world," Seyka murmured, "If you're getting rid of it, then you can't just give them money right?"

"What do you think?" the Skarmory asked. "What does Giovanni want? Does he want to be happy?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[Brisket > Anise]: Dear Starr, I trust you are well. I intend to participate in the interrogation of Mewtwo Karat this afternoon in hopes of uncovering what he knows about Giovanni's operations. I can think of no other member of Team Spectrum I would rather have with me during this effort. I am sorry for the short notice, but would you accompany me to the Guild holding cells, to begin in an hour's time? Yrs in Friendship, Brisa

[Anise > Brisket]: why does every text from you sound like a 90 year old grandma

[Brisket > Anise]: Starr, I am only trying to be polite! Letter-writing is a serious matter where I am from. Also, will you come?

[Anise > Brisket]: lol you left out the sig that time, progress
[Anise > Brisket]: sure i'll come

[Brisket > Anise]: That's great news! Thank you so much.
[Brisket > Anise]: would it help if i stopped using capitals and punctuation

[Anise > Brisket]: idc do what you want there

[Brisket > Anise]: okay. i'll see you soon, then!
Capitals, she could live without. Punctuation, though. That was a sticking point.

Starr's help secured, Brisa set about pacing in the lobby for her friend to arrive.

She had too many things in her aching head to determine which of her feelings related to the upcoming questioning and which related to any of the other bullshit in her life right now, but they sure were some fucking feelings. She felt like her goddamn chest was going to tear open. Fortunately, Starr arrived as promised, ahead of time. As they entered the holding cells, it was a hell of a lot easier to believe that things would go alright with a friend like her nearby.

The 'visitation' spot already had one pokémon present, but Brisa realised with a dull horror that it was no Cibus native, but Sekya. She'd barely interacted with the skarmory, but she knew the fellow's mind was on another plane of reality entirely. What had he been saying to Karat?

"...Seyka. Karat. How do you do?"

It felt like a useless thing to say, but she didn't have any better ideas.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr really didn't want anything to do with Karat. One Mewtwo was bad enough, so two was automatically too many. Sure, he wasn't nearly as bad as the other one, and wasn't technically their enemy anyway. But to hear the others talk about him, he was kind of a dick, and that was good enough for her.

But Brisa wanted to get some actual info from him, and there was a chance he'd know what the hell Team Rocket was even doing in this world, and no matter how badly Starr didn't want to admit it, she really wanted to know. So she agreed to come with. Just for moral support. She wasn't actually going to do any interrogating. Not if she could help it.

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Mmm, I suppose I am a parasite in one way or another," Seyka said, looking up as more pokemon entered the room.

"We're here," the Skarmory said in response to Brisa. "Don't mind me if you're here to talk to him." He looked at Karat. "We were just talking."

Ah, I don't know anyone's names.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Oh, wonderful, he had a crowd again. That was one thing he did enjoy about being in a holding cell, actually. His rabid fans because of his Colosseum fights--which were, nowadays, the only real place he could get a good battle in--weren't able to get to him. Sure, there were protests to release him--Justice for Karat and all that--but it was nice and quiet here. And now he was reminded of that peace, just as he lost it.

"And you're here for?" he asked.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa flicked an ear irritably. This was going to be yet another difficult interaction in the space of less than 48 hours, and just looking at Karat reminded her of Giovanni, of being held in his telekinetic grip, of seeing the fear and hatred in Starr's face...

"To question you. Your run-ins with Giovanni suggest you know him a damn sight better than we do, and that kinda information could be of use to Team Spectrum's efforts to fight him."

She eyed Seyka with puzzlement. She'd never really gotten an angle on the fella.

"Don't suppose you've learnt anythin' so far, partner?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom