• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Main Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem had one eye closed and he seemed to intentionally bite his tongue to cut some of whatever he was feeling, but he eased himself when Eien gently placed a skeletal claw on his shoulder.

"Maybe indeed," Diyem said. "But you have a lot of time... and a family to help." He huffed. "Don't expect it to be simple. I'm going to need help keeping them in line, you know. And you're the eldest no matter how you look at it."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut was mostly looking at Brisa. “Yeah, I guess that’s a good idea.”

He looked less thrilled about the prospect of babysitting, but he did mumble, “Family.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"You've said enough before now t'make clear you value family a great deal," remarked Brisa. "You have family enough, an' a role to play, if you accept it, in guidin' and teachin' them."

A forepaw twitched uncomfortably at the contrast between herself and Bahamut where family was concerned. If she ever saw her pa again, she'd probably kick his teeth in.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut wings and tail twitched. "... yes. That's... true. Because I thoroughly believed I'd lost my family because I wasn't strong enough to keep them safe." He tapped his chin with a wing claw. "It's like if you lost Starr and Astrid prematurely and could never get them back no matter what you tried."

Which, in the back of his mind, is something Bahamut realized was going to happen in the near future. "... nngh. Perhaps that example was a bit too... blunt."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"The other Bahamut had worlds over his shoulders and very few others to bear it with him," Diyem said. "There is no telling what his full memories were like... You only got fragments of it. A distorted view. Even I recognize that perhaps the truth is better." He looked at Eien, briefly.

"And here, you have us to assist," Eien said. "The burden of protection doesn't have to be only yours."

"Hmph..." Diyem glanced around. "So others are not confused, I will need to inform them of this. How would you like this to be gone about?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Make the mutt do it.” Bahamut pointed to Nero. “This is all his fault.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa winced at the reminder of what she was soon to lose, and rolled her eyes at the ensuing jab at Nero. Not that she'd warmed instantly to the fella or anything, but 'mutt', really?

"Folks're gonna have questions," she commented, drily. "Might wanna head some of the obvious ones off."

Gods knew the more eager, naive, or excitable members of the team would surely pester Bahamut with offers of help he'd likely reject.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I’m not really sure what questions can be properly answered at this stage.” Bahamut eyed Diyem. “If anything, you should be prepared for a round of ‘How do I know you didn’t do the same thing to me?’ and similar things.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Diyem can field that shit himself," said Brisa with an unabashed chuckle. "Frankly, I'm surprised folks've taken to the full premise of our bein' here so well as they have."

She raised a brow at Diyem. "Speakin' of. How are you an' yer partner now that you've had a moment's respite to appreciate yer reunion?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
There it was again, but this time for a different reason. There was that panicked look in Diyem's eyes for only a flash. "...We've gotten along."

Eien giggled, being less talkative than usual, though the way she stroked his shoulder without thinking...

"Unimportant to you," Diyem dismissed, folding his wings back. "I suppose that will be all. Bahamut, if you have need for anything, you know where to find me. I am going to find the rest of Team Spectrum to make sure the same mistake had not happened to them and their worlds are also... of similar circumstances, somehow."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Take care," said Brisa, airily. The odd couple were unexpectedly . . . sweet. In their bizarre, alien way.

She cocked her head at Bahamut.

"Say, partner... Is there anythin' y'need?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I should be asking you that question," Bahamut retorted. He believed the reason why didn't need outright stating.

"Yeah." Nero nodded. "Remember, you have an entire group who's had to go through the same thing. Maybe our experiences weren't quite the same, but we had to make our own goodbyes." He tilted his head. "Well, Aria can certainly help. You two seem quite chummy."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Was that . . . pity, that those two 'mon were expressing for her? Because of the earlier reference to losing her loves, no doubt. Had she looked so wounded about it? Brisa felt something unfamiliar twist in her gut.

"What I'm preparin' myself fer..."

You don't wanna lose them.

She struggled to bite back an acid comment. Something neutral would suffice, so long as it wasn't hateful.

"Though I expect the bonds I'm soon to lose are more precious to me than most . . . I like to think I've been dealin' with those feelings as well as can be expected."

You don't wanna say goodbye.

"I go to therapy, y'know. I get help fer my troubles. Don't need t'burden anyone new with 'em."

You don't wanna go back to bein' alone.

She sighed, and tasted the hot, dry air that manifested when Sombra pushed at the boundaries of her heart.

"But alright. I'll see if I can find Aria . . . an' if she can spare a word, I'll take it. Was lookin' fer her, anyhow."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's not a burden if someone offers," Nero said, winking.

Bahamut nodded, wondering if there was a way to suggest Aria should offer to talk with Brisa about that. Did the other team get badges? Probably not.

"Well, I have... memories of losing love ones. I can help... if necessary," he mumbled.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled drily. "Thank ye kindly, fellas. I'll take that into consideration. Just, maybe not straight off the back of that revelation jus' now. Gonna take a walk first, do somethin' recreational."

She gave a respectful nod to each of them, and set off for the park. Maybe she could work off the buzzing in her head with a bit of exercise. Maybe bump into a friendly face.

"Be seein' y'all," she called behind her.

For once, it was nice to look forward to seeing that crabby old dragon again.

<><><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom