• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Main Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
R6 – The Telum Debriefing

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>​

After the grave encounter with Rayquaza and Lucario on the Isle of Light, the team regrouped and dispersed as necessary to get along with their usual duties and obligations. Several of them, however, remained with Maple to discuss what had happened in detail. Those who left would get a summary later.

"The world that Maple comes from," Truffle began, "is a world a lot like Cibus. Same towns, same famous Pokemon... Yes, there are subtle differences, but by an large, Cibus and Telum were essentially twin universes. The language is slightly different, a bit of accents here and there, but quite a lot was similar enough that you could mistake one for the other. Even the humans who had come to their worlds became the same species... albeit their personalities and backgrounds, from what we've observed, were slightly different."

"But that world was destroyed, right?" Owen said, trying to be delicate. "As in, well... if that really was Shield..."

"I see no way it can't be Shield, as unbelievable as it may be," Truffle said. "He explicitly mentioned Maple's world by name. Yet... how is such a thing possible?" He looked down. "I was not alive for it, but Maple's world was destroyed by Dark Matter ages ago. Generations upon generations ago. Even if Shield somehow survived, he would have died of age long ago..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv had been looking down at the ground ever since the Lucario had left, even as the group traveled. Their mind was stuck on Rayquaza.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
While Truffle explained about Shield and Maple, Owen pulled Celeste aside and quietly explained what had happened, from the glassy dunes to Rayquaza to Shield and finally, the Mewtwo who had appeared and then took Shield away, like it was part of a plan.

"And in the end," Truffle finally finished, "it sounds as if we will either have to track down Shield and try to talk some sense into him--which I am pessimistic of, all things considered--or we follow his proposal in ten days and prepare for what the trap may be. It certainly will be a trap, but it may also be our only way to get to him."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"Does Maple know this 'Shield' personally? Do any of you?" Skara asked, piping up from her spot near the doorway. (No sense heading all the way into the room only to have to take minutes just to leave it again at the end.) "What else do we know about him, or why he might be doing... whatever all this is?"

Something else bothered her about the encounter. Shield had accused Team Spectrum of being "creatures of darkness", or something of the sort, due to their connection with Diyem. Which, okay, fair, even if only on a technicality. But Truffle's story made it sound like Shield was working with Mewtwo, and Mewtwo was connected to all of the shade nonsense that was going on: he had imprisoned Joule, who had been practically dripping with the things, and it sounded like the shadow machine that had infected an entire village full of shaymin was his doing. And hadn't someone said that the shades were "similar" to Dark Matter, even if not identical? Even if they weren't, and even if the shades themselves had turned out to be acting without malicious intent, it clearly wasn't a good thing that pokémon were being subjected to them unwillingly, made uncomfortable with themselves and aggressive toward one another...

"And why would he be working with Mewtwo? Does he not know what Mewtwo is apparently responsible for? Is there some reason he would be justifying all of this as okay or necessary? Does Mewtwo think he's doing the right thing?"

Skara sighed. "I guess we can't know most of that without talking to Mewtwo himself, if he'd even deign to share. But... yeah. Knowing more about your perspectives on Shield might be helpful, at least."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Well, that explained the Dark Matter grudge. Except now their leader wasn't available to weigh in on this development. Pity. "In my world, commoners tell stories of necromancers that can raise the spirits of the dead to do their bidding." Bahamut's eyes turned a deep purple. "And not as ghost-types. Their original bodies. But their usually incorporeal, so I don't think the puppy is a spirit. He could use the capture device, after all."

Esper, meanwhile, had decided to lie down on Esper. "What makes you so sure it's the same MewMew Killer Cutie that showed up in the Reverse World, Bus Buddy?" He rested his head on his nubby arms. "That guy stopped to gloat at you guys. Why wouldn't he do the same thing in the Sand Continent? He's obviously mocking us all with his smug aura."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"And why would he be working with Mewtwo? Does he not know what Mewtwo is apparently responsible for? Is there some reason he would be justifying all of this as okay or necessary? Does Mewtwo think he's doing the right thing?"
"What makes you so sure it's the same MewMew Killer Cutie that showed up in the Reverse World, Bus Buddy?"

Owen blinked, then said, "I think what, uh, I think what he means is, what if it's not actually the same Mewtwo?"

"You're suggesting that there are two mutated ascensions of the Common Ancestor," Truffle said, "in the same world, at the same time, both involved in this very crisis?"

"Yes?" Owen said, though it sounded more like a question.

"Do you know who that may be?" Maple asked.

"...No," Owen crossed his arms. "But, I mean, there's Karat... So we already have two Mewtwo here. Karat wasn't really involved, though..."

"Then, by this logic," Truffle hummed, "we either have a third Mewtwo, or Karat is conspiring against your team."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I always knew carrots were evil!" Esper shouted, sitting up and bracing his hands on the sides of Skara's back. "Just look how orange they are. Never trust a fruit that's orange... 's what I always say."

Bahamut facepalmed. "Carrots are vegetables."

"That's just what the carrots want you to think, buster!"

Last edited:
Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
The floating shade sitting on and shoving at Skara's shell made it hard to process what exactly Truffle meant; Limax thought-barked an angry fuck at the familiar, though Skara didn't know whether he would hear it. Sense it? Think it? Whatever.

"I've never heard of a 'mewtwo' before coming here so I wouldn't know the first thing about them, but everyone who does know them acts as though it's unusual to see one, let alone two. That probably means it's more likely to have been Karat than some third mewtwo... but Shield had one of those red lightning ball things, right? And the other mewtwo also had one. The mewtwo we all saw and the mewtwo you just saw being the same would be the simplest explanation, but..."

But if the Joule-catching mewtwo could give Shield a red lightning ball, or if Shield had come by it in some other way, then others could have them, too.

Skara had only seen Karat briefly—mostly during the discussion about shades going into the lumps in the first place, maybe the flash of a cloak and swish of a tail moving off toward the woods and far from Treasure Town—and knew next to nothing about him other than that he seemed irritable. That was a far cry from hostile, though... "Do we know anything about why Karat would do something like that, then? Why he might have some connection with the shadow-causing mewtwo?"

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
So, peace talks weren't on the table. It'd be yet another intense showdown.

Brisa listened to the discussion about the various mewtwo, real and hypothetical, with her teeth grinding harder and harder. Luz took a hold of her shoulder and squeezed, but Brisa shrugged the gesture off with a sharp twist.

"You're still supposin' that this Shield fella is in his right mind. That mewtwo is a psychic. A mighty powerful one. The two of 'em don't have to agree on what's true or good to be workin' together if Mewtwo has his paws deep in Shield's goddamn brain."

Brisa's eye twitched, and Luz looked away with discomfort dripping from her expression.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's hard to say," Maple said with a frown. "Karat lived in this world for a very long time. Longer than he lived in the world he came from, at least..."

Truffle sighed. "The way Shield spoke... He seemed certain that we were the ones causing this trouble--well, no, not us, but you all..."

"I mean, hard to blame the guy," Soda pointed out, raising a claw leisurely. "Twisted auras, came from another world, literally summoned by Dark Matter..."

Truffle didn't seem to appreciate the commentary, but he did nod. "Yes, I suppose so," he said. "This might be a matter of mistaken motives... If we can find a way to get through to Shield..."

Owen glanced worriedly at Brisa. That was true. He was no stranger to manipulation of the mind, and if Shield was somehow brainwashed... "What if Shield is being controlled?" he asked. "Is there a way to undo that?"

"With a more powerful Psychic," Truffle said. "Goodness, they've been in high demand lately, haven't they..."

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa throttled her own rising growl. "Fine. We need a more powerful psychic. I might know how to get one."

Luz' eyes widened. "Darlin', no. We don't need that sorry specimen."

"We do!" snapped Brisa, flashing her teeth at Luz. She fixed her eyes on Truffle, who'd raised the solution. "My father was human, but back home he took the form of a red delphox. You want a powerful psychic? They don't get much more fearsome than Jesse Stranger. Whatever world he's in now, we could use his help, and I expect he'd be willin' to give it."

She sunk her claws into the ground and for a moment, shadow licked at her paws. "Get me and Buffet in a room together. I need his help."

Luz watched, shaking her head and biting her lip. "Oh, sweetheart. This ain't the way," she said, quietly.

Maybe it wasn't. Maybe this was more trouble than it was worth, maybe it wouldn't work. But she had to try. In the meantime... gods, by the wind and weather, she could use a break. Any kind of break at all.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Truffle blinked, glancing at the others. "Well, I imagine Buffet is quite busy with... Hrm. Well. I suppose there might be a way, but... he'd only really be able to give advice, if anything... I do not know if your father would be able to come to this world so easily."

"Especially not with Diyem to help coordinate it," Owen pointed out. "I don't know if even the Voice of Life here could do something like that."

"But, well, any help will do for now," Truffle added, already pulling out his badge. "You can probably meet him somewhere in Destiny Village. I believe he is still visiting here..."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Regardless," Truffle stated, "there is little more we can do for now. We will contact you if we find any further information on Shield, his whereabouts, or the Mewtwo mystery. You may all perform your investigations as well, but do be careful in separating yourselves or spreading yourselves too thin. Destiny Village is still the safest place to be."

Owen nodded, looking toward the others. It wasn't going to be easy... but they could at least prepare for the incoming fight. "I'm going to get ready," he said. "Might need to find Cal and prepare our battle strategies..." And with that, he left, giving gone final wave to the others.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper floated back to Bahamut and leaned against his armored forehead. "Boy, tough break. Kitty Pryde mentions powerful psychics and pretends like you don't exist." He pet Bahamut's armor. "There, there. It's okay. You have no self-esteem anyway."

Bahamut wanted to sock Esper, but refrained. "I strongly doubt the puppy is brainwashed. I'd wager it's more likely he's being taken advantage of." He slowly turned away from the group. There wasn't really much left for him to do at this point.

R6 – Preparing for Shield

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>
The days passed unceremoniously aside from a few chance encounters with Darkwhite and others. Buffet was still busy searching for leads in the aether, and Bean was unable to find anything else, according to him. Everything was a bit too short notice. But despite that, one thing was true, and when ten days after that encounter with Shield passed, Maple called for everyone to gather in the guild hall once more.

This one was not a difficult arrangement. Half the team had been counting the days, in fact. Maple stood before the crowd and nodded, saying, "Shield is currently at the Great Canyon, but he is on the opposite side that he had specified. He is likely waiting for us to appear."

"And you're able to bring us over?" asked Truffle. "Maple, I understand you are still... recovering."

"I am good enough for this trip," Maple assured him. "I trust you are all prepared? Are there any questions before we leave?"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron joined the guild hall. It was the first time the Marshtomp had been called to a meeting, and he wanted to give a good first impression. The Water-type approached slowly, smiling sheepily.

"I just hope everything will be okay..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Um," Owen said, "and we're going to be fighting alongside you?"

"Yes," Maple said. "I shall assist with this fight. I do not sense any suppression from Shield, but that may change..."

"But it is always worth trying," Truffle said. "This should be a simple matter."

Maple carved open a portal, though she hesitated once. "...Shield..." She shook her head. "Whatever you do... only attack him as much as necessary. He is a good Pokemon, and he was never a fighter. I do not know what's driven him to this, but... there must be a reason."

The portal formed, and the team started to shuffle through for the sweltering heat of the Great Canyon.

[R7] A Reunion (Nate, Owen, and Silver)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
<><><>​

Nate felt a little better after leaving Destiny Tower. The winter air outside was crisp, and a light snow was falling. Rocky walked along with head tipped back, trying to catch snowflakes on his incorporeal tongue. Snowflakes fizzed off Owen's tail-flame, but the charmeleon didn't appear to notice or mind, leading the way through Destiny Village with Silver's team tramping along behind, purposeful--no gawking at the city sights for them.

It occurred to Nate that he didn't really know where they ought to go to find Silver. It sounded like he wasn't planning to hang around in the Guild's library anymore, so... the Colosseum, maybe? Or his room with Bahamut? Nate frowned when Owen's turns began to lead them quite obviously towards the Guild headquarters, but whatever, it was a good guess, anyway. And it would only be a quick visit.

Inside was warm and bustling as always. Winded from running to keep up with a group of fucking evolved pokémon, it took Nate a moment to ask, "You know where Silver's rooming? Or do we gotta ask?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom