• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorm Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The THUD startled Vix into reforming, and her herself falling off the beanbag. She almost hit the ground before remembering she could float.

"What was-" Vix noticed the face-planted 'kip. "Oh, are you alright?" she asked, floating to the Mudkip's side. She poked him in the side a couple times, being too tired to try and lift him up.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
The Mudkip moved a couple of times before fully regaining consciouness, blinking.

"OUCH!" Shiron shaked his head and got up slowly on all fours, panting. "I feel like I got hit by a Bouffalant..."

He noticed the other Pokémon and backed away, a little startled after hearing her. Obviously, the Charizard wasn't the only one with speech. Or maybe Shiron could just understand it now, being a Mudkip. He gave a small laugh.

"Hi! I'm Shiron, nice to meet you! And, uh... what is this place? I got sent here by a Charizard."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Sounds like Diyem isn't doing his job.

"Well, this is the, uh..." Vix hesitated, hating she had to say the name of the guild out loud. She did the candle equivalent of gritting her teeth and sighed. "The Poppin' Arms guild. I take it you were sent here by Diyem, so it looks like you'll be working with us for a while. I'm Vix, by the way."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Maybe I should have asked him more before he sent me here." Shiron was a little anoyed at the Charizard's actions, but decided to try and make the most of that situation.

"I kinda wished he made me a bipedal, walking on all fours is so weird." he stared at his legs and gave her a sigh. "I think I got the general idea. Would you mind showing me around? I promise to try and not fall again, haha." he blushed, a little embarassed.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh, so you're a human?" Vix asked. "That makes, what, five now?" She honestly lost count, it seems.

"If you've been falling down so much, wouldn't it be better to rest for a bit? Where did Diyem drop you off?" Vix was hoping Shiron would agree to resting for a while since she was still tired, and that beanbag felt godly.

You're just lazy...

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Yeah, I'm a human. Or I was." Shiron rolled his eyes. "At least I'm a Mudkip, which I kinda enjoy." the former human stared at his body and gave a small grin. Despite not being able to walk properly yet, he had to admit that it felt a little good.

"And I was.... at the crossroads, I think." he pondered. "Getting some rest would be lovely, but I have no idea where I can lie down. Where's the dorms?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Oh no, looks like you'll have to tap into your ghostly well of power and float! How tiresome!

"The crossroads?" Vix melted a bit, imagining how many times Shiron might've fallen on his face on his way here. "If you don't wanna rest here, I think I can show you to the dorms. I don't know how many are taken, but if you're alright with it you can rest in mines until you can get one yourself."

Just letting some stranger into your room? Have you no self preservation? No sense of privacy?

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Thank you! You're a lifesaver! I would give you a high five, but I don't wanna fall. Again." he blushed a little, the Mudkip's tail giving a small wag to show his happiness.

Shiron was liking that place so far. Despite being called to 'save the world', the water type was enjoying himself. He took another look around with a smile.

"Well, let's go!" he said, excited.

R6 - Ultra

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"All right, everyone. Arms, legs, tails, or, uh, wax up!" Sceptile Balm raised his arms up. "And down... and up! And down... Good, it looks like you guys are getting better at this."

Tired groans and dutiful grunts filled the Guild's lounge, which had been turned into a makeshift physical therapy room for the team. Their battle against the Blacklight Dragon, even after a night's rest, left most of the team nearly bedridden or still bound to the infirmary. Still, despite this, many of them were coaxed to come to the lobby so they could do some gentle maneuvers with one another, and they even found a way to get Bahamut to fit in with his larger, but more organic, body.

"You're slouching, Owen!" Cepa called. The pink onion flew around Owen and tapped at his left arm.

"C-c'mon, we got hit by a triple-god..."

"And I'm a little god and I'm saying keep your arms up!" Cepa giggled and floated back.

Atop Owen's head, Shady wobbled and bounced with Owen's motions, like it, with its lack of limbs, was trying to stretch in exercises with him.

There were also a few new arrivals on t he team who were participating in these morning exercises--of course, Shiron, who had recently evolved like the others, and another arrival that had been discovered during their time against the creation trio. They hadn't heard from Diyem since they left to fight, but perhaps he had somehow misfired when summoning this "Saltriv" for assistance? Curious.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut indulged the grass-types' curiosity for a bit, but once he realized how meaningless it was, he slinked to the back of the room to lay down in a sunbeam. Most of his energy had gone to making a portal. The dumb fusion-dragon hit him a few times, but the blows had barely hurt.

There was one thing stopping him from fully relaxing, however. The damn stone. It was hopping on his back like it was attempting a poor man's excuse for a massage. Bahamut swatted it with a hand. But then his arm started vibrating. "Stupid enchanted trinket. What is your problem, hmm? Need more fresh air?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
One, two, three, four, five, six tails up.

One, two, three, four, five, six tails down.

Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.

Icetales huffed and puffed clouds of mist, trying to keep a steady rhythm with his tails. Was it just an impression or his tails had become heavier?

"Golly, I... spent more energy than expected, hehe. Spewing frost for so long... huff... I guess it dehydrated my muscles... a tad too much..."

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The Vulpix blinked and gazed at the rock by his side. The psychic rock was wobbling on its spot, trying to lift tails it didn't have. Sure, it was still weird to have a living rock as a pet -- he sure knew that the Geodude and Roggenrola from his own world would be offended by that -- and one that had psychic or empathetic powers, but he had warmed up surprisingly quickly to it. If all, it was akin to the son he never had, and an excellent way to prove himself that he could be a better father than Father.

If only I could show to Father how to be a father...

The rock tumbled forward, almost frustrated or disappointed it couldn't do what his "daddy" did.

However, Icetales was quick to beam a smile and cheer it up. "Yes. Yes. Splendid chap, Petram. Just like that. Thou art doing a swell job!" he chirped, lowering himself to the floor and wagging his tails. "How about some wags, like this?"

Upon sensing what Icetales was doing, Petram began wiggling on its spot. Was it trying to learn Tail Whip? ...Could psychic rocks learn that, though? Neither Icetales nor Petram cared. If all, they could enjoy a nice "parent and son" bonding moment, which is what mattered the most to them.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"And one, and two, and three..." Owen bobbed and squatted, bent and straightened. All things considered, he didn't necessarily need this as much as some of the others did, but it was a good way to keep his mind off of things. He was still sore, anyway, so some aerobics was good for his flame. It burned cheerfully behind him.

Atop his head, Shady continued to roll and bounce, now learning new tricks like going along his shoulders, hopping from one hand to the other, before rolling back to his head.'

Owen wondered if he would evolve soon. That'd be nice.

Shady was bouncing a little hard on his head... It only occurred to him a little later that there was also a mental tug at his mind. "Shady?" he asked, trying to look up without disrupting his exercising. Something in the room was really agitating him... Or maybe just distracting? Getting his attention? "Something wrong?"

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Tricky's rock was dead. Or at least, nowhere near as lively as the others. She was sitting in the middle of the floor with a huff, watching it lie motionless in front of her. It didn't move, no matter how much she pouted at it, and that was how it had been ever since she'd gotten it. She knew it wasn't dead, if only for the fact that she got brainwaves of smugness off of it - it didn't see the point of frolicing around, so it didn't.

"You could at least try moving..." Tricky grumbled. She wanted a cool rock, like all the others had!

The rock gave her some mental readings she could only translate as 'no u'.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's stone continued vibrating... and the clinks against his prism armor let off sounds like he was calling everyone's attention to make a toast. "Enough already," he hissed in a whisper.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"This body feels a lot better than the other one," Shiron thought, ecstatic at having evolved. No more tripping on the floor!

Even tough he wasn't at the battle like the others, the Marsthtomp felt the need to compensate by doing the same exercises as everyone else. It would also be good to get on shape.

"One... two... three!" he said with a grin, bending down and bouncing in the same manner as the rest of the team.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv stretched their legs, their tail, and their leaf, then relaxed. Then stretched again, then relaxed, trying to follow the same motions as everyone else was.

This new place was so strange, but so cool! So many people they'd never met before! And they were called here to save the world, just like their uncle did!

Though, they didn't know much about their new friends. It'd be a good idea to fix that!

"Who are you all?" they asked, as they stretched their autumn-red leaf.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste was frustrated.

Raising and lowering his tail wasn’t going to make him feel better. He’d barely even used it in the battle. All it did is make him worry that someone was going to try to walk behind him at the wrong time and lose a limb.

Worse, it seemed an increasing number of people were insisting on treating the shades in the stones as some sort of children. They weren’t. Whatever instinct made them feel compelled to mirror their owners didn’t make them tamed. Assigning a name to them, giving them attention, attaching sentimental value to them or walking around with them on your bloody head wouldn’t change that fact. They were feral. Not once had his rock shown any form of intelligent communication or higher thought. The fact they needed names assigned to them instead of bearing a name of their own choosing was proof enough they weren’t intelligent.

Still, he feared the others would judge him if he didn’t act like he attached some value to his own stone, so he had at least begun to make sure to take it out of his bag in public.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow had opted to join them, but given that she usually spent her mornings weeding and tending to her growing berry orchard, she opted out of taking part and just watched. She was taking notes, though, while the little pet rock that followed her everywhere rolled around in little circles as it tended to do. Probably looking for berries or berry juice to eat while she wasn't looking, again...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'm Owen," the Charmander introduced to Saltriv. "You, uh, you definitely showed up at a crazy time. Did anybody catch you up on what happened...?" Though he also seemed a little preoccupied by whatever was going on with Bahamut. All that banging and clicking... It was nice that Bahamut was making a new friend, at least? Kind of?

"Everything alright, Bahamut?" Owen called, glancing back as Shady hopped several more times. It was starting to hurt a little, but Owen tolerated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom