• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorm Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
“I hope the courage I have gotten here will transcend space and reach my world, too.”
A fine hope to have...

cetales chuckled. “Thou tell me about that. As a head butler, I had plenty of responsibilities and assignments, which pushed my mental and physical stamina to my limit.” He smirked. “Though, that is somewhat helpful on the battlefield, too — my endurance and ability to carry on multiple moves very quickly has been most valuable.”
"Multitasking is always a blessing. A blessing I don't have." Kindle said as he slowly shook his head. His nature of laser focusing served well for some things but was a real hindrance for others. "I can't help but wonder how many duties did you have to build up such skill in completing many tasks simultaneously."

He beamed a reassuring smile. “I am confident thou art strong enough to handle whatever life might throw at thee. Thou just need to learn how to bend and not snap.” His smile widened and became even more radiant. “Hast some faith and perseverance, good sir, and thou shall find great success.”
Faith... That word he heard so much. Faith meant a lot of things for him, not all were good, but he felt like Icetales meant it in the best context possible. "Thank you, you must say that from experience," Kindle answered as he put the fold with the flowers on top of one of his tails, before picking up the teapot and putting it in another. He turned to Icetales, and then said; "May I ask, where is Keo'Keo? I haven't seen him in a long time either."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Multitasking is always a blessing. A blessing I don't have." Kindle said as he slowly shook his head. His nature of laser focusing served well for some things but was a real hindrance for others. "I can't help but wonder how many duties did you have to build up such skill in completing many tasks simultaneously."

Icetales chuckled in mirth. “Oh, far too many for a single ‘mon! I took some time to realize that I needed to delegate some matters to other members of the staff. But golly! Did I not get burnouts in the process!”

And the Ninetales chuckled again, even if that time he was more nervous.

“This is basically what thou can learn by experiencing matters on thy own skin and with a plethora of hindsight. Good thing that I learned my lesson, at least.”

"May I ask, where is Keo'Keo? I haven't seen him in a long time either."

In one fell swoop, Icetales’ mood changed, with his expression becoming more serious. “Oh. My darkness?” He looked away. “I am… not sure what happened to darkness mine. I feel like it is in a… stasis, we could say? Like it is shifting, or… something like that.”

Indeed… it has been missing since I returned from the Twilight. Could the events be connected?

“I am confident that it will return. Soon, perhaps. Once I sort through plenty of matters related to myself. I shall… send it thy greetings when I get the chance.”

Icetales flicked his tails, not wanting to focus on that matter anymore. He looked again at Kindle. “Ah! Now that I remember! I did not offer thee the tour last time.” He beamed a small smile. “Dost thou fancy a nice strolling around the village while we talk more about each other?”

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
In one fell swoop, Icetales’ mood changed, with his expression becoming more serious. “Oh. My darkness?” He looked away. “I am… not sure what happened to darkness mine. I feel like it is in a… stasis, we could say? Like it is shifting, or… something like that.”
“I am confident that it will return. Soon, perhaps. Once I sort through plenty of matters related to myself. I shall… send it thy greetings when I get the chance.”
Kindle finished wrapping up all his things and put them on the table to pick up when he left, the teapot and the flower petals. He still couldn't quite understand the relationship between Keo'Keo and Icetales, some Familiars and Hosts seemed to do well with each other, some others were rather distant. He still couldn't pinpoint the relationship between these two in particular. "Glad to hear, it would be great if you did," He wondered how would it be to have his fear take physical form next to him, though it was already pretty real. But a physical body... He wondered if it would try to kill him or something. With his luck, it could as well be.

Icetales had mentioned something about not remembering anything when they went back home. But also remembering... Kindle didn't know which option would be worse. On one side, forgetting and living on, he would leave it behind. On the other, not forgetting but never being able to come back... It landed too close to home, to that one time...

Icetales flicked his tails, not wanting to focus on that matter anymore. He looked again at Kindle. “Ah! Now that I remember! I did not offer thee the tour last time.” He beamed a small smile. “Dost thou fancy a nice strolling around the village while we talk more about each other?”
Kindle snapped back to reality, having lost focus for a moment as he thought about his inner fears. "Right... I have taken only a few walks around, but always alone. It would be appreciated if you helped me." He said as he bowed his head to the other ninetales. He had been so astray, he hadn't noticed the little bulge growing in his bag, nor when a thick dark substance came out. He still hadn't noticed when the substance accumulated behind his back like a shadow looming over him, nor when it sneaked an appendage around his chest and pulled.

Before Kindle could do anything, he felt something pressing his ankles, causing him to lose balance and be at the thing's mercy. The ninetales gagged as he looked down to see the dark slime around his throat, just as a voice sang beside his ears. "...Got you." For a second, the fox could only see the ceiling as his body seemed to become weightless before he crashed against the ground headfirst. Kindle's vision went white with the impact, and so did his brain. The ninetales stayed there for a while, a sad lump of a confused fox. Had he just been... Suplexed?

Kindle felt something poking against his cheek, before he heard the same voice again.
"Hello? You are not dead are you?" The fox's eyes went up, and met with a familiar face right next to his, looking down at him as she poked his cheek.

Oh, Arceus, it was her.
"...Sis?" The Familiar smirked, a strange gesture in the face of a Sky Shaymin, especially if said shaymin was all dark. "Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner; My idiot brother."

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Right... I have taken only a few walks around, but always alone. It would be appreciated if you helped me." He said as he bowed his head to the other ninetales.

“Ah. That would be my pleasure.” Icetales set the cup on the desk, then readjusted his bag and nodded at Kindle. “Then I would say we can go…”

However, his voice trailed off when he saw the dark liquid forming behind the other Ninetales. His eyes narrowed in alert and he tensed up. Was that a shade, or…?

And then, Kindle was on the floor, while the amorphous blob took the shape of

"...Sis?" The familiar smirked, a strange gesture in the face of a Sky Shaymin, especially if said shaymin was all dark. "Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner; My idiot brother."

Yes, just what he thought. A Sky Shaymin with a black matter? Definitely a Familiar. And that Shaymin was… Kindle’s sister?

Well, that was interesting for sure.

Icetales leaned downward, looking at the other Ninetales in concern. “Huh… Art thou all right, sir?” he asked, before looking at the Shaymin. “So, I can see that thy Ultra Stone took after thy sister, hm…” He managed out a smile despite his worry toward the other Ninetales’ health. My, that was quite the entrance. “And what would be thy name, miss?”

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
"I-I'm fine." Kindle lifted his head and shook it a few times, trying to clear it after the unexpected suplex. "She is..."
The ninetales was cut short when the shadow shaymin put a paw in front of his snout as if she didn't want him to talk. "Hush, if you answer I'll look dumb." She turned to Icetales with a smile. "Hello, person I haven't met in my life!" The familiar said as she crossed her arms, keeping Kindle's snout shut with a hind leg on top of it. "My name is Celeste..."
"There is..." Kindle managed to say as he pulled away from her enough to free his mouth. "There is already a person named Celeste in here."
The familiar blinked, before turning to Kindle. "Oh, thank you for not telling me! Now I look dumb and have an identity crisis!"
"But..." The familiar decided to lay on her back just then, landing on top of Kindle's head and making him shut up again as she put a paw under her snout to think. "Now I got to think of a different name..."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Well, that familiar surely had quite the personality, no doubt. Though, by the looks of things, Icetales felt that there was some missing information.

“Well, greetings, Miss Not-Celeste. It is a pleasure to meet thee and witness thy awakening,” said Icetales, beaming his usual welcoming smile. “There is something that thou should know already: thou art born from Sir Kindle’s memories of his sister, and as such thou art not tied to her identity. As such, feel free to pick a name that better suits thee, or some name that thou enjoy.”

He glanced at the other Ninetales. “For the records, thou could simply send a telepathic message to thy Familiar, if thou want to share something with discretion. Thy minds are linked, after all.”

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
“Well, greetings, Miss Not-Celeste. It is a pleasure to meet thee and witness thy awakening,” said Icetales, beaming his usual welcoming smile.
"Well, isn't that a fancy way to say 'good morning sleepyhead?'" The familiar said with a grin as she stretched on top of Kindle's head. The fox looked too confused to be mad.
"There is something that thou should know already: thou art born from Sir Kindle’s memories of his sister, and as such thou art not tied to her identity.
"Oh, that is the best part! If I do anything dumb, I can just blame him because he remembered me as someone who would do that!" She continued as she hit Kindle's ribs with her elbow, making the ninetales gag. "Guilty as charged."
"But..." She elbowed him one more time, for good measure.
As such, feel free to pick a name that better suits thee, or some name that thou enjoy.
The shaymin fell silent for the first time, thinking about her name again. Damn, Celeste was one pretty name, but if there was already someone who had taken it... She sat up on Kindle's head, freeing the fox's snout and sitting only on top of his eyes, to his further confusion.
He glanced at the other Ninetales. “For the records, thou could simply send a telepathic message to thy Familiar, if thou want to share something with discretion. Thy minds are linked, after all.”
Kindle frowned. Well, all he could frown while having a gooey shaymin on top of his head. From the looks of it, he was trying to do exactly what Icetales had said. Not-Celeste blinked, before looking down at him. "You know, that means I can sing inside your head twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. How does that sound?" Kindle gulped loudly.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Oh, that is the best part! If I do anything dumb, I can just blame him because he remembered me as someone who would do that!" She continued as she hit Kindle's ribs with her elbow, making the ninetales gag. "Guilty as charged."
"But..." She elbowed him one more time, for good measure.

“…Heh.” An ambiguous smirk spread on Icetales’ muzzle. A very rare sign from him. “I am afraid it does not work like this, my dear. Thou art responsible for thy actions, just like a child cannot blame their parents for getting a bad vote at school.” His smirk widened. “So, dost not even try. Even Petram knows well how to behave.”

"You know, that means I can sing inside your head twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. How does that sound?" Kindle gulped loudly.

Icetales flashed a sympathetic glance toward his fellow Ninetales, and pondered about some way to help him out. Then, he got a spark of illumination.

“Well, I am not sure if that would be recommended. After all, we are dealing with a big threat and all of us must be in tiptop shape to save the day, so to speak,” he pointed out. “And being sleepy and tired, well… That would not do good to his battle performance. Besides,” he rubbed his chin with his leftmost tail, “I would say that annoying our enemies would be a interesting way to use thy unique skills, no? Imagine outplaying a legendary! Does that not sound exhilarating?”

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
“…Heh.” An ambiguous smirk spread on Icetales’ muzzle. A very rare sign from him. “I am afraid it does not work like this, my dear. Thou art responsible for thy actions, just like a child cannot blame their parents for getting a bad vote at school.” His smirk widened. “So, dost not even try. Even Petram knows well how to behave.”
Not-Celeste didn't seem to register his words. Just like the original, her abilities of selective hearing were truly enviable. The shaymin sprawled back on top of Kindle's head, melting for a second before assuming a solid shape again, now laying belly down on Kindle's face. The fox couldn't get more confused at this point so he didn't really notice. "I think I got my name." She said patting on her brother's forehead. "You can call me... Alya."

“Well, I am not sure if that would be recommended. After all, we are dealing with a big threat and all of us must be in tiptop shape to save the day, so to speak,” he pointed out. “And being sleepy and tired, well… That would not do good to his battle performance. Besides,” he rubbed his chin with his leftmost tail, “I would say that annoying our enemies would be a interesting way to use thy unique skills, no? Imagine outplaying a legendary! Does that not sound exhilarating?”
Alya smiled. "I can do both things, don't worry about it." She said as she finally jumped down from Kindle's muzzle, leaving the fox with a pretty bad aftermath of a little remaining goo on his face. "And trust me; Kindle does way better when I'm bugging him. I have known him all life, and if I'm not making his life hell he will just walk around aimlessly not knowing where he is." She grabbed the ninetales, getting her arms behind his head to pull him down in a mixture of hug and headlock. "Original, not original... I'm going to ignore that I'm not the real Celeste until I'm over it."

"That..." Kindle said with a little bit of concern. "Doesn't seem like a healthy coping mechanism."

Alya just laughed. "I'm going to ignore that too."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Alya…” Icetales nodded and grinned, his tails swaying subtly. “That is a swell name, Miss. Really swell, indeed.”

And then, the Shaymin continued with her shenanigans, forcing Kindle into a fairly awkward position. Icetales tilted his head, wondering if he was supposed to do something about that situation.

Was that a sign of tough love, or…?

Well, he shot a confident stare at the other Ninetales, before sending a message through Diyem.

Let me know if that situation is too bothersome for thee, Sir Kindle. I shall help in any way thou desire.

Then, he glanced again at Alya. “Very well. I reckon thou art doing this to keep him in shape, so… well, do what thou must to support and be of help to Sir Kindle.”

He short a sideways glance at the door, then at the duo. “So! I would say we could go for our stroll, yes? We could even go to the Shaymin Village and spend some time there.” He grinned. “I wager that Miss Alya would appreciate that plenty. Fancy the idea?”

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Let me know if that situation is too bothersome for thee, Sir Kindle. I shall help in any way thou desire.
Kindle looked at Icetales. 'It's fine... I'm damn happy she is here, even if I'm sure she will torture me for the remaining of my existence.'

Then, he glanced again at Alya. “Very well. I reckon thou art doing this to keep him in shape, so… well, do what to must to support and be of help to Sir Kindle.”
She grinned. "Oh, I have plenty of ideas." Despite the thoughts he had just sent to Icetales, Kindle gulped again. This was going to be a long day. "Starting with getting to know the other losers he has been sticking around."

He short a sideways glance at the door, then at the duo. “So! I would say we could go for our stroll, yes? We could even go to the Shaymin Village and spend some time there.” He grinned. “I wager that Miss Alya would appreciate that plenty. Fancy the idea?”
Her eyes beamed. "Hey! You have a Shaymin village here?" She looked at the ninetales, who nodded. "It looks like no matter where, shaymins stick together, eh?"
Kindle started to pick up his things again, the teapot, and the wrap with the petals. The last one caught Celeste's gaze. "Wait!" The Shaymin picked up the little wrap and untied it. She took out two petals, only two, and returned the rest to Kindle. The familiar then looked at her body, forcing the two fake petals tied on her neck to disappear inside her, before putting the two real ones in their place. A little natural color to complement the otherwise dark body of hers. "Much better. Shall we get going?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales nodded. “Yes, we shall. If we skedaddle, we might be able to return before nighttime.”

As such, the two Ninetales and the Shaymin familiar marched out of the lounge and headed straight to the portal that led to Shaymin Village.

With a clear sky above them and the sweet scent of Gracideas, the trio spent a lovely afternoon.

Whatever issues they might have been plaguing the Ninetales during the day, they were carried away by the flower-scented breezes.

<><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom