• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Cafeteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Noticing Potluck had grown increasingly more agitated and stressed, Pleo got up from his seat and went over to Potluck's side of the table, before giving a nuzzle at his side in an attempt to comfort him.

"It's okay."

Cabot ate a bit more of his curry as he thought of the best way to respond.

"Sounds like you know them well," the Rampardos said. "How long have you known each of them for anyway?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I dunno," Potluck replied, and he seemed to be honest. "When you go from world to world so much, all the different calendars and times and days being different lengths, I dunno how old I am or how long we've been together. But it's been for a long, long time... I've seen whole teams change under us! So... Maple and I, we go way back, you know?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Leg and I play a lot," Potluck said. "And sometimes Soda plays cards with me and stuff. And Flesh and I wrestle a lot. Um, Truffle and I also meditate together sometimes. He's really nice... I kind of like everyone..." Potluck shifted his posture. "That's why I don't think any of them could possibly be working against us. They'd tell us, for sure! If they were in trouble... they'd reach out!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot paused a moment. If one of the God Squad's members indeed was a spy than he or she likely would have spent more time away from the group than usual, which would make Maple and Truffle the most likely candidates. Maple surely would have had the motivation when Joule was still under Giovanni's control. She clearly loved Joule very much, and could have spied for Giovanni in the past in the hopes of getting Joule back. On the other hand, who knew what Truffle was really up to if he spent so much time scouting... Come to think of it, how much did he really know about Truffle? The Decidueye always seemed very nice and understanding of others, but that was about it.

"Hm, so does that mean Truffle hasn't been meditating with you a lot here in Cibus?" Cabot asked. "If he's been more busy with scouting compared to past worlds and all that."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Not as much..." Potluck sighed. "But that's how it always is for missions with a lot of scouting. Even though Soda spends a lot of time with Flesh, too, I know that he's been away on scouting, too. Leg and I usually do guard duty at home base, which is the Guild for now. And Flesh, too, as backup..." He tilted his head, cheek bolts giving off a dim, pink glow. "How come?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Ah, I was just curious since I realized I actually don't know Truffle all that well even though he's always very friendly towards others," Cabot answered. It wasn't the full truth, but at the same time he wasn't exactly lying either... "Though have you noticed anything different about him since you got here? Even if it's something small or something that can easily be explained."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Um..." Potluck still didn't seem to understand Cabot's line of questioning, and it seemed to be making him uncomfortable again. "I guess he's been spending more time with Leg lately. She's been really stressed ever since the Joule fight and, um, a lot of you got killed for a little while. Ever since them he's been keeping Leg company more than usual... Which makes sense..."

Potluck eyed the exit to the cafeteria.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot bit his tongue as he noticed Potluck began eyeing the cafeteria's exit and started to feel nervous again. Had he pressed him too much? On the one hand he wanted to ask Potluck more about his teammates, but on the other hand it looked like the Silvally was ready to bolt out of the cafeteria the moment he tried that. The Rampardos hemmed and hawed as he thought of the best thing to say, when Pleo spoke up for him instead.

"Hey Potluck, what would you like to do for fun after lunch?" the young Lugia asked.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Oh! I think that could be fun!" Pleo chirped. "I could fly and try to keep up with you!"

Cabot let out a quiet sigh and ate the remainder of his curry. He'd hoped to discover more from talking to Potluck, but it didn't seem like he'd find out much more right now. He supposed he learned that Maple and Truffle were in the most likely position to be a spy with how often they'd been away from everyone else, but that hardly meant anything on its own. Besides, there had been others outside the God Squad who seemed more suspicious than any of them... like S'more. Either way, perhaps his teammates would have more luck...

"I guess we've probably talked enough about the spies for now anyway. Sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable," the Rampardos said, before giving Potluck a small smile. "How about we go have some fun instead?"

<><><>​

R11 - Koa & Shiron

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa wandered the cafeteria line, picking out whatever foods caught his fancy. Ever since he'd started training more he'd discovered his appetite was ravenous. And the foods were amazing. After he'd piled his plate with a variety of items, including something that resembled an extremely tasty burger, he turned to find himself a seat.

A moment of indecision struck him as he scanned the tables. Many were filled, with Pokemon he didn't recognize in the slightest. Maybe one of the empty tables instead? He looked around the area, searching for a suitable spot.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron stumbled into the cafeteria, wanting nothing more than to relax after the last mission. Relax and eat something. Or lots of things. Whatever fit his mood right now.

So the Swampert ordered a plate full with meat and now wandered, searching for a place to sit. And then he noticed a familiar 'mon from his home region: an Electrike...? One of the new recruits, he supposed.

Of course, Shiron put on his best smile and approached him, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Hi! I'm Shiron! Nice to meet you!"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa glanced over at the newcomer. He vaguely recognized him as one of team Spectrums other members, a Swampert, though he had yet to properly talk to him. So much for lunch alone.

Although it wasn't all bad he guessed. "Hi Shiron," he mumbled around the plate in his mouth. "Nice to meet you. Name's Koamaru."

He glanced around again, then spotted a table nearby that had opened up and took a seat, setting his plate down. After a moment, he added "You can sit here if you want." He nodded to a seat across the table.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
He raised a brow, trying to remember if he heard anything about this particular Electrike from the rest of the team.

Since that didn't work, he just greeted him again. "Hi Koamaru!"

Shiron beamed with excitement, and sat down next to him, putting his plate on the table. His stomach growled, but before he started eating, Shiron decided to continue talking with the canine.

"So, uh... how's it going? Never had the chance to talk with you, but it seems you're handling yourself well."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa nodded. "Yeah, I guess I'm doing fine." He took a bite of his food, maybe a larger one than necessary, and chewed. He wasn't exactly sure what to say to the Swampert. He didn't know him at all.

"Hey uh... Aren't you one of members of the team that comes from a human world?" He was sure he'd heard it mentioned before. Starr and Shiron, both human. It'd be nice if someone else on the team was like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom