• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Cafeteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Beats me. You guys started talking nonsense for a little bit, and then you started talking normal. Maybe you guys hit your heads hard while I wasn't paying attention?"

"Gotta say, having you around gives me a headache," Protein admitted, tearing off another chunk of meat.

"Now, let's not be rude." S'more raised his hands calmly.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Nonsense? I am afraid I do not understand. We were conversing normally here, and then you appeared weirded out by something…” Icetales narrowed his eyes and began rubbing his chin with his free tail. “And then… you began speaking some unknown language. I have studied a few languages in my world, but never heard those words before.”

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A silence fell over the group again. S'more and Protein both looked down, and Zinc took another apple, pensive.

"We'll find him," Zinc said. "Right?"

"We'll have to redouble our efforts," S'more said. "Our biggest lead right now is the Isle of Light. Perhaps if we investigate there, we can find what Shield is hiding from us. And perhaps we can rescue more of the missing Legends..."

"And I'll help," Darkwhite boasted. "Then you'll see how useful I really am!"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper looked around the room. "Dang, of all the times not to have a laugh track."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales lifted a paw and grinned with confidence. “Booyah! Let’s rock and break a leg, pals!”

He paused, before laughing aloud. “Golly! Now I can see why folks love to just shout,” he wagged his tails, “‘Booyah!’ It fills you with so much… energy. I much appreciate that, yes indeed!”

His eyes started sparkling, but gasped when he reminded himself what they were talking about. “Oh, right. Diyem…” He coughed and glanced at the others. “So! Isle of Light, hm? I would be willing to lend a paw there, if you so desire. Howbeit, we should be prepared for any inconvenience — without Diyem and his powers, well… imprudence would be a most grave mistake.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I suppose we'll have to note this down for later," S'more said. "In any case... let's enjoy our lunch, shall we? No need to worry for now when we have bellies to fill..."

Though the tension never quite left. Darkwhite continued to eat from wherever she kept stealing her food from, and made a few quips now and then, but that looming, ticking dread continued to cloud over the table. Diyem was struggling somewhere, and their time was rapidly depleting...

They would have to do something soon to rectify it.

<><><>​

R9 - Selves Worth Remembering [Owen & Starr]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
It wasn't quite dinnertime yet but.... fuck it, dinner time. Felt like Starr was burning more energy than ever these days. Sure, there was the tournament, and the usual working out, but still. It was like her body needed more energy for... something. And that was even with her making a deliberate effort to chill the fuck out every once in a while, unlike some people. (Cough, Brisa, cough.)

Normally she preferred trying out new restaurants around the city, but what with the huge death omen in the sky, the general atmosphere around town was... off, to put it mildly. And it wasn't like the food was bad at the guild either. She grabbed a heaping bowl of curry and went to find a seat.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A wad of darkness flew past Starr's head, narrowly missing her. It flopped onto the ground; upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a... hand. Which occasionally twitched and writhed on the ground.

"Cal!" Owen hissed. "Don't toss your body parts at people!"

"I needed to get her attention!"

"There's this new invention called words, Cal, have you heard of it?"

The hand started crawling back to Cal like a spider. Owen, sighing, waved Starr down.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Jesus, what the hell--" Starr's eyes flew from the hand on the ground and followed its trajectory to the shadowy Charmander who'd thrown it. She rolled her eyes. Shades.

Owen flagged her down and Starr raised a paw in return before grabbing her food tray and walking over. "How's it going? I owe you a few solid punches after that shadow shit in the tournament finals," she said with a smirk.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"H-ha, yeah." Owen seemed more apologetic for Cal than for the tournament finals, though. "Worked up a real appetite after healing up from that fight. Too bad Cynthian healed me before I could walk it all off." He shrugged. "I think we really helped boost the city's morale, don't you think? Even with Joule in the sky, they really think we've got it."

"Hey, Starr, do you think Owen could beat up Vix?" Cal asked.

"Cal."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Pretty sure he already did," Starr commented dryly, in response to Cal. "That, or Brisa did. Can't remember which, it was over too fast."

She dug into her curry, mulling over what Owen had said. "I guess the morale boost is good, yeah. Been trying not to think about it or look at it, personally. I know we've gone up against some crazy shit, but this time it's hard not to feel like we're in over our heads." She paused, grimcing. "Course, I was saying the same thing about Giovanni before we kicked him into next week, so the hell do I know."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"The biggest benefit we have in this one is how much we already know about Joule," Owen said. "Even if when Maple flew me up there to analyze Joule, I felt like giving up right there. I--I've never seen power at that level before..." He taped his face. "Gah! I need to stop thinking about it, you're right. We just have to do our best. Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe some faith in what Arceus is planning might also help..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr flicked an ear at Owen's words, and swallowed a bit of curry before saying, "I wasn't at the meeting. What exactly is he planning, anyway?" She'd heard several times now that he was planning something big, but...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, right." Owen nodded. "I think we're going through some battle rehearsals later to, you know, just discuss what to do during the fight even more than usual. But the basic plan is... Joule has a habit of being easy to trip up in a fight. Things that mess with his tempo, like burning him or things like that, you know? It might distract him from using his most devastating attacks. But it also looks like that meteor shower is going to be hitting us almost all the time anyway. So, the other part of the plan is defending ourselves against those as much as we can. Bahamut is going to help with some of that, but we're going to need people like me, Dave, and others with Protect to defend against the remainder. Or, you know, if they're good at dodging or deflecting, like Nip or Celeste.

"And... as for the big ball coming at us right now, Arceus says he has a plan to draw it away. But the way he's talking about it makes me think he doesn't... know if he'll be around after he cancels it out."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Defending, evading, healing... all the usual tactics that'd worked when facing the previous legends. No reason to think they wouldn't work here. It just somehow felt different when there was a literal ball of death hanging overhead. And now even Arceus wasn't sure if he'd make it?

"Never been too good at staying optimistic with shit like that. Dunno how the hell you do it," Starr mumbled. "I suppose it's easy to turn everything off during missions, but I guess that's just training."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen tittered nervously, looking over to Cal, who was currently shoving an entire apple into her face, experimenting with the many ways she could eat it without using her mouth. This included shoving it through the top of her nonexistent skull.

"I guess part of it is that there's no point in brooding over it if we can actually try to do something about it, you know?" Owen scratched under his chin, hiding a frown that only showed through his eyes. "And if we're going to die, I don't want to spend the days we have dreading it."

"Pshaw, what's a big ball of death to God, y'know? I bet Arceus is just paranoid." Cal spat out the apple and started looking for a new place to put it.

"That's what I'm hoping for," Owen added, then smiled at Starr. "I guess focusing on the mission is good, too. I think one reason I can keep it together is because I'm kinda used too... dealing with things way over my head and, you know, getting commands from someone not even on the same plane as me. At least Diyem's nice about it..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yeah, there it was. Owen's optimistic shtick had never struck Starr as the naive sort. (Even ignoring the fact that he was apparently way the hell older than everyone.) Nah, he'd always seemed like the sort who smiled to keep himself going in the face of a whole lotta bullshit. No wonder he reminded her so much of Ajia.

"Yeah, I kinda got the idea that this was more of the same, as far as you were concerned," Starr said, poking idly at the bowl of curry in front of her. It needed more spice. "How similar are we talking anyhow? I'm used to my friends back home taking orders from legends and such... hell, I spent the first few weeks here convinced Diyem was some Legendary and I'd gone and done the same thing as them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom