• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poll: Exquisite Corpse 2020 Themes

What themes would you like to see for this year's exquisite corpse?

• PMD

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Ash Betrayal Fic

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Isekai'd Into the Pokéworld

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Anything Goes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Evil Team POV

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Nuzlocke

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Galar Trainerfic

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
As discussed on Discord, we'll be running another round of exquisite corpses this year! If you aren't familiar with the concept, an exquisite corpse is a writing game where players are assigned a random order and write a brief scene based only on the final sentence of the scene from the person ahead of them in line. In the end you end up with a frankenstory that veers all over the place from writer to writer--but can sometimes be surprisingly coherent! You can learn more and see how it works in practice by checking out the thread for last year's event!

People raised a number of good ideas for corpse themes on Discord, so I'm holding a poll for people to vote on which ones we use! I figure we want to run around four themes this year, and no more than five. Vote for as many themes as you like, and if there are any others you'd like to suggest, feel free to mention them here! The poll will be open for four days, and I plan to start actual corpse sign-ups more or less immediately after it closes.

I'm also looking for people who might be interested in running a corpse! One thing I wanted to try this year was capping the number of participants in any one theme at 10, so that the game doesn't drag on for months and months. So if twelve people wanted to sign up for a theme, we'd split them into two groups of six. This does mean we'd need more people to run the game than just the mods, though!

Running a corpse is pretty straightforward: I'd provide you with a list of participants in the order they should proceed in; your job would be to send them their prompt when their turn began, follow up with them if they didn't send you their scene back by the deadline, and ultimately post the full corpse once you'd gotten scenes back from all the participants. You can't write for a corpse you're running, but if there ended up being multiple corpses for a theme you were interested in, you could participate and would simply get assigned to the instance being run by a different person.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The poll has closed, and our top scorers turned out to be Ash Betrayal Fic, Isekai'd into the Pokéworld, and Evil Team POV! I'm also going to throw Anything Goes into the mix, since I don't feel like it's a proper exquisite corpse without the full dada option, which means we'll have up to four corpses for you to participate in!

I'm working on logistics now; expect to see the sign-up thread in the next couple of days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom