• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Tales Of Arrival (PMD X Tales Of Symphonia)

Z102eternal

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Allllllllllllright! Review time!
First of all, as a tales of fan, more crossovers are appreciated! I have played ToS, though its been ages so my memory is fuzzy. Using Kratos as the transformed pokemon is a very interesting choice, and one I can't say anyone else would go for, so already intrigued by that alone!

He sat up. And then realized he wasn't himself. His body was now much, much smaller in proportion to his head, and fuzzy. And his arms were... wings. Not like his old angel wings, like bat or dragon wings, with claws at the end instead of hands.

"How... How did this happen?"

"Someone must have knocked you out!" said the fox.

Kratos gave the fox a look.

"It must have been a feral Pokemon... Do you remember anything about it?"

"No... and I mean... What am I?"

The fox gasped. "Oh no! You must have amnesia! Uh, you're a Noibat! Though, not like any Noibat I've ever seen. Your colors are all different..."

"So I'm a creature known as a Noibat, then."
I'm sorry but I almost died laughing when I saw the banner art. The thought of Kratos of all characters reduced to a cute, chibi creature is a crazy ass sight (really banger art though fr fr, I also love the art listed at the end of the chapter.)

"Kratos? Huh. Sounds foreign. Well nice to meet you Kratos! I'll be sure to help get your memories back!"

"I don't need-"

"Come on! I'll take you to a doctor in the city."

"...Fine."

Nope sorry Kratos, you've been strapped to the PMD partner dynamic train of destiny, with no stops! Also, they have a doctor for amnesiacs? Imagine how much the plot of the average pmd fic would change with one of those.
"Besides," said Stoakes. "You came to Rainbow Wing City at a good time! The Seeking is soon! There will be a big festival and everything!"

"The Seeking?"
Annnnnd our first taste of lore, some sort of fancy festival. I'm a sucker for those, so hmmmm.
Finally they came to a mess hall, attached to a kitchen and a bar. In the kitchen a strange apple-pie-dragon was busy cooking despite his squat body while a spiny purple rhino-rabbit handed drinks to thirsty Pokemon.

"And this is where everyone eats and drinks! Oh, you probably need breakfast, don't you?"

"I-"

Kratos' stomach rumbled. It seemed this new body needed food more than his angel one.
Funny chef duo, me likely. Also get used to it Kratos, the average pokemon can eat their weight in gold.
Why are you two by yourselves?"

Riki rolled his eyes. "We haven't formed a proper Adventurer Squad yet. They think they're better than us."

Edbark looked to a small blue canine sitting across from them a fair distance away.

"Uh, hey, Stella? You can still totally join us!"

Stella gave them a look before scooching further away.
Sure does suck being the loser unpopular kids at the table.
"The Seeking is the most wonderful thing! Everyone gets together for a big festival! The queen of Spectroma - that's the nation Rainbow Wing City is the capital of - shows up! Ho-Oh himself shows up! And then shooting stars called Reality Shards fall out of the sky and Adventurer Squads have to gather them all for a big ritual to stave off the darkness!"

Kratos barely stopped himself from frowning. Something about this seemed familiar in a way he didn't like.

"I see. Fascinating."
After meeting the guild leader, its time for more lore! Clarification on the festival, and hmm already got legendary integration.
In a dark throne room, a Decidueye sat, looking around from her throne. Mainly because she was bored, waiting for something.

Finally something did come, in the form of a Steenie, in a uniform, looking very nervous. The Decidueye leered down at her.

"Are the preparations ready?"

"Y-yes Empress Nyra, they're all ready for tomorrow."

"Good. The Seeking is tomorrow. We must make sure it all goes exactly as planned."

The Steenie shifted awkwardly. Nyra rolled her eyes.

"Yes?"

"Since I helped get this done, Empress... Would you put in a word for me to advance in the ran-"

Thunk.

The Steenie froze in place as a shadowy arrow stopped just shy of hitting them.

"No. Your boldness entertained me so I let you off light. You'd best get out of here before I decide on more painful ways of using you for entertainment."

The Steenie yelped and exited the throne room as quickly as she could. The door closed behind her with a bang.

Nyra slouched and gave a bird smirk.
Wow, what a bitch. Looks like we got our first major villain. Will take a small detour and say that this section has a weiiiirddd placement. Was it really necessary to have this here? Think it breaks focus too much to plop it right in the middle of our protag's pov before switching right back.
Kratos sighed. Then he told them everything. The last four thousand years or so, Mithos, Yggdrasil, Yuan, Anna, Lloyd, Lloyd's friends, the quest they all went through... the only thing he left out (since he did not feel the probing Psychic presence of Ferrite and Pearlite) was any mention that none of those involved were Pokemon. By the end of his very long tale the jaws of all the other Pokemon had dropped in shock.

"Incredible... You're a Legendary from another world and you were sent here..." said Cerwiden. "But why?"

Legendary? Kratos certainly wouldn't describe himself as such. "Your guess is as good as mine. The voice didn't tell me."
......Huh, now that I think about it, that's not even wrong. Though, its not like lloyd or the other non-angels were running around with master balls or whatever.

Anyway! That's two chapters down! As far as this story goes, its very quick and to the point. Not necessary a bad thing, although I do have some gripes about it. For one, it feels like things come and go a bit too quick for me to process them. I get wanting to go from point A to point B, but it wouldn't hurt to go a bit slower and flesh out some scenes. On that note, the descriptions are pretty lacking most of the time. Like, they get the job done, but kinda barely for me. That combined with the fast pacing is kinda tuning me out a bit imo. But nevertheless, this story definitely is charming, and has enough of an interesting premise to have me return at some point. Hope to see you keep chugging along!

Until next time, Chao!

Top Bottom