• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokemon Azure and Teal, A region based on Taiwan.

Tygr

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he
Hi, I am currently new to making Pokemon region with monsters and I wish I got into it earlier.

I was inspired watching youtube channels like Pragamagiks, Truegreen 7 and even the famous Birdkeeper toby. I think since my home country of Singapore is too SMALL. I think I wish to feature a country which has very good relationships with Japan. Taiwan.

Here is my pitch of a Taiwan based region. Mons will come as they come.

Inspired by the island nation of Taiwan,Pokemon Azure and Jade takes place on the mysterious region called Seqala. With an ecosystem rich and thriving, what will you discover on this vast landscape?

An open world Pokemon game, like Legends Arceus and Scarlet Violet, Pokemon Chin and Ki will be in an open world RPG where you catch and battle.

The name Seqala was inspired by the Kingdom of Seqalu, a Aboriginal kingdom that once existed in Taiwan. Despite the existence of 4 Chinese inspired Pokemon from Scarlet and Violet, it is highly unlikely that Nintendo or Gamefreak would be allowed to go to China(People’s Republic of China) due to anti-Japanese sentiments and policies. But Japan’s good relations with Taiwan(Republic of China) are however very well known and made very obvious.

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
As someone who actually roughly sketched out a Taiwan fan region once upon a time, if you're drawing from IRL history and "theme park" things a bit, you basically have an excuse to conveniently dump a whole bunch of different regions' Pokémon all in one place, since offhand:

- Taiwan is widely believed to be the historical source of origin for Austronesian peoples and cultures in general (e.x. peoples of maritime Southeast Asia, Polynesians, etc.), so there's an excuse to have some Alolamons around
- Taiwan has been a host region to multiple Chinese rump states across history, including in the present day
- Taiwan had both Dutch and Spanish colonial presences in history in the northern and southern parts of the island, so there's an excuse for representing Paldean Pokémon there
- Taiwan was controlled by the Japanese for 50 years, which continues to leave lingering cultural artifacts in the present day, which if nothing else is an excuse to represent Pokémon from Kanto and Johto. Hoenn and Sinnoh as well if your particular school of thought regarding Pokéworld's geography is that the four collectively are in some analogue to "Japan".
- Taiwan for obvious reasons has strong geopolitical and defense ties to the US, so there's your excuse to have Unovan critters going around

As for actual "neat stuff" to use for such a region offhand, I can think of:

- A highly built-up and urbanized west coast, with a rugged and more wilderness-y east coast
- An off-the-shelf excuse for a Grass-type "Team Evil", since one of the most infamous local crime syndicates in Taiwan IRL is the Bamboo Union, which was in bed with the KMT in the pre-democratic era to the point that they were being contracted for wetwork that the ruling government couldn't be associated with directly and their members were getting high-level positions in said government at the time
- Two big "hub city" areas to work with with Taipei and Kaohsiung, with an excuse to plop a Magnet Train expy in between since that's where the HSR line runs with stops in places like Taichung in reality
- Volcanic activity in the north and east, with one in spitting distance of Taipei at the northern tip that's also the driver of the hot springs in the Yangmingshan area
- Offshore islands, many of which are locally famous places to visit such as the Penghu Islands west of the main island
- Taroko National Park for drop-dead gorgeous mountain passes and gorges
- An annual music festival that happens roughly at the southern tip of the island every April

But yeah, there's a lot of places you can take a Taiwan region, so have fun and good luck with that project.

Tygr

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he
Yes I am envisioning how the Pokemon Professor has the same hairstyle as President English Tsai. I am also basing the CEO of one good organization after Vice PResident William Lai

To begin, My ideas are

A Flying Fish and a White V bear for box legends
Starters will be
Grass Goat - Taiwan has a Formosan Serow, a goat like mammal.
Fire Snake - Goes with the Chinese Zodiac and also the Hundred Pacer Snake is a symbol of the Taiya Tribe
Water - Western/Japanese influence I am still thinking.

Last edited:

Tygr

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he
The Grass Starter is a Serow but it turns into a Deer Hulk in one of the legends of one Tribe. Kinda like that creature in Princess Mononoke. Thus representing Japan

The Fire Snake turns into a Feathered Serpent which is kinda analogous to another Tribe in Taiwan. Represents the Aboriginal tribes of Taiwan(See why Taiwan people have to resist the CCP and PRC?)

The Water Shrimp turns into a Dragon X Lobster(Lobster in Mandarin is Dragon Prawn) Represents the Chinese since well... dragon.

Tygr

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he
A color study of the fire starter.
When it is not happy. Its triangle patterns flare up.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    170.2 KB · Views: 1

Tygr

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he
Azure and Jade Fakemon dex available now(still updating)

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
A Taiwan region? That sounds really cool!

This might be 'out there', but are you planning to do a Pokémon inspired by bubble tea since it originated in Taiwan?

Top Bottom