• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Pokémon Fate

Prologue

ArielDiancie

Fanfic Writer/Reader and Hardcore Pokemon Fan
Pronouns
She/Her

Prologue

“Approximately twenty-four years ago, A certain game took the entire world by storm.” Everyone in the crowd nodded at this statement. They were all focused on a single person, standing on an elevated platform and wearing a black robe with a hood that hid his facial features.

“Our goals since then have been to drastically change this boring planet we call our home.” The crowd began to murmur quietly, which ceased almost immediately when the leader held his index finger up to his face.

“For today I have discovered a way to make the impossible possible.” The leader then turned around and uncloaked a large machine that was previously covered by a curtain, then he returned his attention to the audience and held up a small microchip.

“This microchip, once inserted into this Transmitter behind me, will send a signal to the Earth’s Satellite and broadcast the signal to every single Pokémon game that will then cause Pokémon to become physical beings, then everyone on this planet will worship Team Origin!"

Last edited:

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
Hello! Nice to have you here and congratulations on getting back into the writing hobby!

You mentioned that your concept "pokemon get transferred into the human world" is nothing too new. Well, I'm pretty new to the pokemon fanfic community myself, and for me, this is an absolute novelty, so I'm pretty stoked to see what comes off it :) There is a ton of potential for worldbuilding, and seeing how you mentioned yourself in the fic, even some arg-shenanigans to be had.

Now, as for review and con-crit. I'm sorry, I'm still under the weather, so I might not give an extensive/good review, but I might also dump too much onto you, because my sensitivity-sensors are having a hard time right now. So please, please don't be discouraged if any of what I'm writing hits too hard. It is never my intention to discourage someone. Please always keep in mind that your idea is good, your fic is valid and you don't ever need to listen to crit if you don't want to.

So, so far we have a short prologue that gives us a quick glance onto the people who are most likely behind this world-altering event that is about to take place. At first I thought this was a public meeting, but the last lines imply that they are celebrating amongst themselves, indicating a large number of followers.
I am of course very intrigued by the machine they use, as I am with every technical device in a fantasy story and the people that try to explain it to me. (Go back in the #worldbuilding channel to see my rant about the Hammerlocke Power Plant and that insulting diagram that Rose dared to show me)
The setup with two parts that are integral for the plan to work (machine and microchip) sound vaguely macguffiny, seeing how one of them is easily transportable. Also, right now I fail to see the practical use of the machine being so easy to disable. Then again, if the goal of this organisation is blackmail, it would make sense.
But this is all speculation.

In the first chapter, we are introduced to our heroine, Marie. Marie is a young girl of undefined age who lives with her mom... somewhere. They seem to be an upper-middle-class family, from what I can tell of their house and their breakfast. Sadly we get little more information about her "base stats". (Also, I just now realised the nod of "she is on her console in the upper room, then gets called by her (so far single) mom to come downstairs"! Took me too long, but that is how 80% of all pokemon games begin :D )
During breakfast, she hears a curious sound from upstairs and goes to investigate, and in the process finds a scorbunny. It catches itself, and Marie finds out that there have been pokemon spawning all over the world.
Marie seems to be a quick thinker, as she comes up with the lettuce plan rather fast, but doesn't really have nerves of steel either. She reacts very strongly to the sound of her switch upstairs and breaks into tears once the threat is seemingly out of view. Which is understandable, but it makes me wonder if there's more to it.
Scorbunny himself is also very scared of his new surroundings, but warms up to Marie rather quickly.
I especially like how you described him. It was a very very neat little description which carried a lot of the anime's cuteness with it.

As for the general intro, you might want to add a little disclaimer on top of your fic, so people know what they'll be expecting. Nothing grand, just a little blurb and a rating (kinda like the age restrictions you'd do for movies and stuff), and potential trigger warnings if there are any.

So yeah, I think I'll end my waaaay too long review of a new fic right here. I really like your idea, am looking forward to your worldbuilding and especially what parts of the game made it and which not. Cool premise! Marie seems like a likeable character and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Keep up the good work! Cheers - blue

wearing a black robe with a hood that hid his facial features
Nothing ominous here, very trustworthy :D

“This microchip, once inserted into this Transmitter behind me, will send a signal to the Earth’s Satellite and broadcast the signal to every single Pokémon game that will then cause Pokémon to become physical beings, then everyone on this planet will worship Team Origin!"
From an engineering standpoint, I have so many questions... and also from an Evil Organisation standpoint, I have many many more questions.

Like. What is "Earth's Satellite" referring to? Does this imply they have other satellites all across the solar system up? Are there aliens on other planets that play pokemon too? Is this a distant future where humanity has conquered space and he is referring to Elon Musk's colony on Mars? They would definitely have pokemon. And how is unleashing murder-machines that will threaten the entire eco-system going to make the planet "worship" Team Origin? If they have the antidote, I guess they can blackmail them into it, but worshipped? If pokemon become physical beings and are subjected to real world's differing laws of physics, aren't they going to die a horrible death? Every single pokemon game? So is there one legendary per sold copy roaming the earth now?

“Come on! My team got swept again!?” Marie grumbled in frustration at her copy of Pokémon Shield. “Marie! Time for Breakfast!” Her mother yelled at her from downstairs. “Coming Mom!” She responded immediately, putting down her Switch on the bed, closed her door and descended two stairs at a time. “Good morning Honey.” she said to Marie when her daughter had arrived on the ground floor. “Good morning Mom.” Marie responded before making her way to the table to eat. She sat down and was greeted by a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, but before she could take a bite, ‘Thump!’ Startled Marie dropped her fork on the plate, but just as she could pick the fork back up, there was another ‘Thump!’ Followed the familiar cry of the Rabbit Pokémon. “What is that Noise?” Marie’s Mother asked her daughter. Marie immediately turned pale. “Oh, it’s probably my Switch, I’ll go upstairs and turn the volume down.” She responded nervously while she arose from her chair and ran upstairs. Upon reaching her room she put her hand on the doorknob and stopped.
I wanted to use this paragraph to point out that you need to break them down a lot more. It's a general rule to start a new paragraph whenever a new person is talking. Someone once proposed that you should start a new paragraph when there would be a cut in a movie.
So my approach to this part would be as follows:
“Come on! My team got swept again!?” Marie grumbled in frustration at her copy of Pokémon Shield.

“Marie! Time for Breakfast!” Her mother yelled at her from downstairs.

“Coming Mom!” She responded immediately, putting down her Switch on the bed, closed her door and descended two stairs at a time.

“Good morning Honey.” she said to Marie when her daughter had arrived on the ground floor.

“Good morning Mom.” Marie responded before making her way to the table to eat.

She sat down and was greeted by a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, but before she could take a bite, ‘Thump!’ Startled Marie dropped her fork on the plate, but just as she could pick the fork back up, there was another ‘Thump!’ Followed the familiar cry of the Rabbit Pokémon.

“What is that Noise?” Marie’s Mother asked her daughter. Marie immediately turned pale.

“Oh, it’s probably my Switch, I’ll go upstairs and turn the volume down.” She responded nervously while she arose from her chair and ran upstairs.

Upon reaching her room she put her hand on the doorknob and stopped.
Also, some rules about dialogue and dialogue tags:
- When addressing somebody by name, you want to have that name "cloistered off" by commas. eg. "Good morning, Honey"
- If your direct quote doesn't end with an ! or an ? and is followed up with a dialogue tag, you want to use a comma, then close the quote, then add the tag. eg. "Good morning, Honey," said Mom.
There are other resources out there that explain these things better than me, so feel free to look them up. Once you get them into your system, they are pretty intuitive.

Marie immediately turned pale.
So, this is more a question as to why Marie acts the way she does, because I don't quite get that. So far, there is no need for her to have such a startled reaction? Like, she probably thinks that she left her switch running. That's not too bad.
Unless you want to imply that she will be harshly punished for something that minor, but that meanders into extreme child abuse territory and should be content-warned as such.

give herself the opportunity to calm herself
stepped forward a step
crept over to the closet and put the lettuce close enough so that it was still in the closet
Three instances where a word is repeated in close proximity. You'll catch these things when you read your text aloud (or have a TTS read it back to you, my adhd-y ass does that all the time)

Marie had chosen to be her partner, Scorbunny
Ok, very very minor note, but as someone who played more SwSh than is advisable, I gotta ask: How did she get swiped again? I hoped that she was breeding that scorbunny and was for one reason or another hanging around Wedgehurst, but from what I have gathered so far, she is just past the Leon-tutorial, if not even right in it (seeing as only the Scorbunny made it to our world, not the other pokemon she probably caught on Route 1 and 2). But then again, she mentioned a team in the very first sentence, so where did that go.
(Also, please make Rose real, I want to choke the life out of him myself, please please please)

He looked at it for a minute before kneeling down and pressing the button, which in turn caused him to lose his physical being and get sucked into the ball, Maire watched intently
Scorbunny suddenly has a gender, even though they don't have differing forms based on sex in the games. Does she identify that he's male because she concludes that it is the one from the game? Or can she identify it now that she sees it in real life?

She had seen this scenario countless times in the Pokémon anime, Ash had made friends with a wild Pokémon and at the end of the episode the Pokémon would always approach the Pokéball and willingly stay within the capsule.
I'm not very anime-savvy, but I wouldn't consider giving the bunny-rabbit a piece of lettuce "befriending" him? idk, maybe too critical.

She stood up, faced her bed and flopped onto it, bursting into tears, then she felt a furry hand on her arm, Scorbunny was now beside her bed, his arm on hers and he had a concerned look as if he was trying to console her.
She smiled at him before sitting up, grabbing her phone and going onto the Pokémon Discord which she had been a member of for many years, Scorbunny then hopped up onto the bed and sat next to Marie, trying to see what she was looking at.
Why is she crying? I get that this is very overwhelming, but is there a reason she doesn't go down to share the news with her mom?
Also: Run-on-sentences. You might want to break each of those two citations into at least two sentences of their own. It makes for way better readability and also coherence.
I used to struggle with my run-on-sentences too, and I still do it when I chat in discord, or even here. But I try to catch them in my writing. There is the Hemingway-Editor, that neatly points out if your sentences grow too long. Hemingway-style is not for everybody, but I think everyone agrees that it is a good tool for catching run-ons.

Marie sighed and held her right hand out so that they could both see what other people were saying. One person in particular caught her attention, Their online alius was Tetra|| Team Galactic Member, and they had just posted a picture of a real Pikachu rubbing up against their leg.
@Flyg0n Hey, pokemon just became real and you still didn't get a Pinch!

Some legendaries and mythicals seem to be appearing, and it’s all over the internet. Even PokéTubers are losing their minds!’
Okidoki, so a little worldbuilding thing: If even the legendaries are appearing, it's not any longer a concern for the Pokemon community by itself I think. :D Groundon and Kyogre? Better bring in the military, because those two are going to level some cities.

ArielDiancie

Pronouns
She/Her
Hello! Nice to have you here and congratulations on getting back into the writing hobby!

You mentioned that your concept "pokemon get transferred into the human world" is nothing too new. Well, I'm pretty new to the pokemon fanfic community myself, and for me, this is an absolute novelty, so I'm pretty stoked to see what comes off it :) There is a ton of potential for worldbuilding, and seeing how you mentioned yourself in the fic, even some arg-shenanigans to be had.

Now, as for review and con-crit. I'm sorry, I'm still under the weather, so I might not give an extensive/good review, but I might also dump too much onto you, because my sensitivity-sensors are having a hard time right now. So please, please don't be discouraged if any of what I'm writing hits too hard. It is never my intention to discourage someone. Please always keep in mind that your idea is good, your fic is valid and you don't ever need to listen to crit if you don't want to.

So, so far we have a short prologue that gives us a quick glance onto the people who are most likely behind this world-altering event that is about to take place. At first I thought this was a public meeting, but the last lines imply that they are celebrating amongst themselves, indicating a large number of followers.
I am of course very intrigued by the machine they use, as I am with every technical device in a fantasy story and the people that try to explain it to me. (Go back in the #worldbuilding channel to see my rant about the Hammerlocke Power Plant and that insulting diagram that Rose dared to show me)
The setup with two parts that are integral for the plan to work (machine and microchip) sound vaguely macguffiny, seeing how one of them is easily transportable. Also, right now I fail to see the practical use of the machine being so easy to disable. Then again, if the goal of this organisation is blackmail, it would make sense.
But this is all speculation.

In the first chapter, we are introduced to our heroine, Marie. Marie is a young girl of undefined age who lives with her mom... somewhere. They seem to be an upper-middle-class family, from what I can tell of their house and their breakfast. Sadly we get little more information about her "base stats". (Also, I just now realised the nod of "she is on her console in the upper room, then gets called by her (so far single) mom to come downstairs"! Took me too long, but that is how 80% of all pokemon games begin :D )
During breakfast, she hears a curious sound from upstairs and goes to investigate, and in the process finds a scorbunny. It catches itself, and Marie finds out that there have been pokemon spawning all over the world.
Marie seems to be a quick thinker, as she comes up with the lettuce plan rather fast, but doesn't really have nerves of steel either. She reacts very strongly to the sound of her switch upstairs and breaks into tears once the threat is seemingly out of view. Which is understandable, but it makes me wonder if there's more to it.
Scorbunny himself is also very scared of his new surroundings, but warms up to Marie rather quickly.
I especially like how you described him. It was a very very neat little description which carried a lot of the anime's cuteness with it.

As for the general intro, you might want to add a little disclaimer on top of your fic, so people know what they'll be expecting. Nothing grand, just a little blurb and a rating (kinda like the age restrictions you'd do for movies and stuff), and potential trigger warnings if there are any.

So yeah, I think I'll end my waaaay too long review of a new fic right here. I really like your idea, am looking forward to your worldbuilding and especially what parts of the game made it and which not. Cool premise! Marie seems like a likeable character and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Keep up the good work! Cheers - blue

Nothing ominous here, very trustworthy :D

From an engineering standpoint, I have so many questions... and also from an Evil Organisation standpoint, I have many many more questions.

Like. What is "Earth's Satellite" referring to? Does this imply they have other satellites all across the solar system up? Are there aliens on other planets that play pokemon too? Is this a distant future where humanity has conquered space and he is referring to Elon Musk's colony on Mars? They would definitely have pokemon. And how is unleashing murder-machines that will threaten the entire eco-system going to make the planet "worship" Team Origin? If they have the antidote, I guess they can blackmail them into it, but worshipped? If pokemon become physical beings and are subjected to real world's differing laws of physics, aren't they going to die a horrible death? Every single pokemon game? So is there one legendary per sold copy roaming the earth now?

I wanted to use this paragraph to point out that you need to break them down a lot more. It's a general rule to start a new paragraph whenever a new person is talking. Someone once proposed that you should start a new paragraph when there would be a cut in a movie.
So my approach to this part would be as follows:
“Come on! My team got swept again!?” Marie grumbled in frustration at her copy of Pokémon Shield.

“Marie! Time for Breakfast!” Her mother yelled at her from downstairs.

“Coming Mom!” She responded immediately, putting down her Switch on the bed, closed her door and descended two stairs at a time.

“Good morning Honey.” she said to Marie when her daughter had arrived on the ground floor.

“Good morning Mom.” Marie responded before making her way to the table to eat.

She sat down and was greeted by a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, but before she could take a bite, ‘Thump!’ Startled Marie dropped her fork on the plate, but just as she could pick the fork back up, there was another ‘Thump!’ Followed the familiar cry of the Rabbit Pokémon.

“What is that Noise?” Marie’s Mother asked her daughter. Marie immediately turned pale.

“Oh, it’s probably my Switch, I’ll go upstairs and turn the volume down.” She responded nervously while she arose from her chair and ran upstairs.

Upon reaching her room she put her hand on the doorknob and stopped.
Also, some rules about dialogue and dialogue tags:
- When addressing somebody by name, you want to have that name "cloistered off" by commas. eg. "Good morning, Honey"
- If your direct quote doesn't end with an ! or an ? and is followed up with a dialogue tag, you want to use a comma, then close the quote, then add the tag. eg. "Good morning, Honey," said Mom.
There are other resources out there that explain these things better than me, so feel free to look them up. Once you get them into your system, they are pretty intuitive.

So, this is more a question as to why Marie acts the way she does, because I don't quite get that. So far, there is no need for her to have such a startled reaction? Like, she probably thinks that she left her switch running. That's not too bad.
Unless you want to imply that she will be harshly punished for something that minor, but that meanders into extreme child abuse territory and should be content-warned as such.

Three instances where a word is repeated in close proximity. You'll catch these things when you read your text aloud (or have a TTS read it back to you, my adhd-y ass does that all the time)

Ok, very very minor note, but as someone who played more SwSh than is advisable, I gotta ask: How did she get swiped again? I hoped that she was breeding that scorbunny and was for one reason or another hanging around Wedgehurst, but from what I have gathered so far, she is just past the Leon-tutorial, if not even right in it (seeing as only the Scorbunny made it to our world, not the other pokemon she probably caught on Route 1 and 2). But then again, she mentioned a team in the very first sentence, so where did that go.
(Also, please make Rose real, I want to choke the life out of him myself, please please please)

Scorbunny suddenly has a gender, even though they don't have differing forms based on sex in the games. Does she identify that he's male because she concludes that it is the one from the game? Or can she identify it now that she sees it in real life?

I'm not very anime-savvy, but I wouldn't consider giving the bunny-rabbit a piece of lettuce "befriending" him? idk, maybe too critical.

Why is she crying? I get that this is very overwhelming, but is there a reason she doesn't go down to share the news with her mom?
Also: Run-on-sentences. You might want to break each of those two citations into at least two sentences of their own. It makes for way better readability and also coherence.
I used to struggle with my run-on-sentences too, and I still do it when I chat in discord, or even here. But I try to catch them in my writing. There is the Hemingway-Editor, that neatly points out if your sentences grow too long. Hemingway-style is not for everybody, but I think everyone agrees that it is a good tool for catching run-ons.

@Flyg0n Hey, pokemon just became real and you still didn't get a Pinch!

Okidoki, so a little worldbuilding thing: If even the legendaries are appearing, it's not any longer a concern for the Pokemon community by itself I think. :D Groundon and Kyogre? Better bring in the military, because those two are going to level some cities.
Team Origin is meant to be a cult, I haven't decided whether or not they did this with evil intent. I didn't even remember that 80% of the games start with the protagonist being called down by their parents. I am working on the part where she confronts her mother and there may be something later that has to do with the Transmitter, but as much as I would like to strangle Rose, he or any cannon Pokémon Character (Such as Ash) will not be involved with the story directly. Thanks for the criticism it really helped a lot :)

Last edited:
Chapter 1; The Realization

ArielDiancie

Pronouns
She/Her

Chapter 1; The Realization​

“Come on! My team got swept again!?” Marie grumbled in frustration at her copy of Pokémon Shield. “Marie! Time for Breakfast!” Her mother yelled at her from downstairs. “Coming Mom!” She responded immediately, putting down her Switch on the bed, closed her door and descended two stairs at a time. “Good morning Honey.” she said to Marie when her daughter had arrived on the ground floor. “Good morning Mom.” Marie responded before making her way to the table to eat. She sat down and was greeted by a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, but before she could take a bite, ‘Thump!’ Startled Marie dropped her fork on the plate, but just as she could pick the fork back up, there was another ‘Thump!’ Followed the familiar cry of the Rabbit Pokémon. “What is that Noise?” Marie’s Mother asked her daughter. Marie immediately turned pale. “Oh, it’s probably my Switch, I’ll go upstairs and turn the volume down.” She responded nervously while she arose from her chair and ran upstairs. Upon reaching her room she put her hand on the doorknob and stopped.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” She asked, expecting an answer when she didn’t receive one, she swallowed and opened the door. To her surprise almost everything was where it should be, except her Switch which was on the floor faced down. She walked over to it and flipped it over to see that the screen had displayed -Closed due to an unexpected error- “That’s Strange… It was fine before.” She sat down on her bed again and opened the game up again, and the game resumed like nothing was wrong. Then, she made her in-game character move towards the Wedgeherst Boutique only to see that there were no Wooloo in front of the NPC (Non-Player Character) like there should have been. “Okay… That’s Unusual…” Marie murmured to herself. It then dawned on her that she heard Scorbunny’s cry earlier albeit louder than it should have been, so she checked her Party, only to find that her Pokémon were also absent.

“What the...” Marie trailed off when she suddenly noticed that there were oval shaped footprints that had been charred into the carpet that led inside her partly opened closet and that there was also a red, black and white ball bearing a button, and it was resting in front of the closet. “A Pokéball?” Marie asked in confusion. Curiously she slowly crept towards the closet following the footprints, when Marie reached the closet she slowly opened the door and saw a pair of orange eyes staring back at her from within the closet. She started to scream only to put her hands over her mouth to silence her screams and give herself the opportunity to calm herself, after a minute or so she finally felt it was okay to uncover her mouth and speak. “Hi... It’s okay, you can come out… I won’t hurt you…” She managed to respond calmly. The eyes seemed to move up and down as if the creature was studying her, after a few more seconds it stepped forward a step, Marie still couldn’t make out what it was, but then she came up with an idea.

“Hold on, Stay there… I’m going to get you something.” She told the creature that was still shrouded in darkness. She turned around, left her room and ran down the stairs, past her breakfast and went straight to the fridge. “What’s wrong Sweetie? I made you Breakfast?” Her mother asked. “Nothing, I just have a sudden craving for lettuce, I’ll eat it later.” She replied, grabbing the head of lettuce and tearing off a piece. “Okay then.” Her mother responded. “Thanks Mom!” Marie answered before booking it back upstairs, once she was on the second floor she started walking towards her room just to ensure that whatever was in her closet wasn’t scared off. When she entered her room it was apparent that the thing was still in the closet. “Here, I brought this for you and me.” Marie ripped the piece of lettuce in half and crept over to the closet and put the lettuce close enough so that it was still in the closet but far enough that the creature had to be visible in order to take it, Marie then sat down at the foot of her bed and started eating her half of the lettuce.
8dyxMn8f1l7rqDVE6JYrEFVaZx5HIQLVCF5q9Lef_xlRznbEWv8v-nsE3fQsdagGlvc9qFGbTaLenZtTWK4sH-aMF2d3exwwY4ywFKV2vapGJzQa7nk8nPpyKlTvmO2EkFLAXna9

The creature then sniffed the food from the inside of the closet and slowly began to approach, starting with its feet, which were white with an orange tip. Then the body, white arms, a white bunny tail and an orange neck brace. Finally the head, which was an oval shape with white fur and whiskers, a small bunny nose with a yellow bandage on the bridge of its nose, two small orange eyes and two bunny ears which were white with orange tips. It had been the spitting image of the Pokémon that Marie had chosen to be her partner, Scorbunny. He stopped and sat down, picked up the lettuce and started munching on it happily, and within seconds it was completely gone. Scorbunny then stood up and noticed that the Pokéball was right beside where he ate the lettuce.

He looked at it for a minute before kneeling down and pressing the button, which in turn caused him to lose his physical being and get sucked into the ball, Maire watched intently, being a hardcore fan of the series she kept her distance knowing very well what could happen if it were to escape,

‘One Shake.’ Marie kept a keen eye on the small sphere watching quietly,

‘Two Shake.’ “Halfway There” Marie whispered to herself, ‘Three Shake.’ Marie was screaming internally wishing that this wouldn’t go wrong.

‘Click.’

Marie sat at the foot of the bed with her mouth open wide. She had seen this scenario countless times in the Pokémon anime, Ash had made friends with a wild Pokémon and at the end of the episode the Pokémon would always approach the Pokéball and willingly stay within the capsule.

“But… How!? How is this Possible!?” She stood up and briskly walked over to the now occupied Pokéball and picked it up. She inspected it thoroughly making sure she didn't miss any small detail, then she pressed the button and threw the ball, which stopped in midair as if it had been hanging from the ceiling, then the ball opened which caused the Scorbunny to materialize into existence, then the ball closed again before returning to Marie’s hand. Scorbunny then cocked his head sideways in confusion as if he had expected something to be in front of him, he then turned around to see Marie sitting down on her knees inspecting him.

She wanted to know if he was real, so she slowly raised her hand towards his head, and to her surprise Scorbunny put his head underneath Marie’s open hand. She felt the coarse fur that Scorbunny was covered in “This can’t be real, It can’t be.” Marie’s eyes started to well up with tears, as she shook her head in complete disbelief. “This is impossible! I must be losing my mind right now!” She stood up, faced her bed and flopped onto it, bursting into tears, then she felt a furry hand on her arm, Scorbunny was now beside her bed, his arm on hers and he had a concerned look as if he was trying to console her. She smiled at him before sitting up, grabbing her phone and going onto the Pokémon Discord which she had been a member of for many years, Scorbunny then hopped up onto the bed and sat next to Marie, trying to see what she was looking at.

Marie sighed and held her right hand out so that they could both see what other people were saying. One person in particular caught her attention, Their online alius was Tetra|| Team Galactic Member, and they had just posted a picture of a real Pikachu rubbing up against their leg. Marie quickly switched from Discord to her Phone’s Camera and turned to Scorbunny and took a picture of him, Marie then showed the picture to Scorbunny who pointed at the picture then pointed at himself.

Marie laughed and then posted the picture as Scorbunny_4_Life with the words ‘I showed him the picture and he seemed to recognise himself.’ Another user, ArielDiancie responded by writing. ‘They don’t seem to be the only ones that exist, Pokémon are showing up absolutely everywhere. Some legendaries and mythicals seem to be appearing, and it’s all over the internet. Even PokéTubers are losing their minds!’ Marie laughed, “It’s good to see that I am not the only one that this happened to.” She said to her new companion.

“Marie!? Can you please come down here?” Her mother hollered at her from downstairs. Marie sighed before recalling Scorbunny into his Pokéball, and began to make her way downstairs. “Mom, I have something to tell you...Care to hear me out?” Marie asked her mother. “Yeah Sure, What is it Honey?” Marie’s Mom asked. “Something really strange happened this morning…” Her mom looked at her daughter in shock, seeing her mother’s face Marie began envisioning how her mother might react to the fact that there were monsters from a kid’s video game roaming around everywhere.

“This might sound dumb, but you know that game I like to play with the monsters that you battle with and train?” Marie paused to let that question sink in. “Yeah, the one with the Yellow Mouse as the mascot?” Her mother responded, holding her hands in a locked position on the table. “Well, I don’t know how exactly but somehow, this was found in my room.” She places the Pokéball on the table to let her mother pick it up. “So... What is it?” Her mother asked her daughter while she picked up the forign object. “That is a Pokéball… It is used in the Pokémon Universe to encapsulate a Pokémon and make it easier to travel with.” Marie explained.

“So, it’s a toy?” Her mother questioned before noticing the button in the middle of it. “Not exactly… Here, let me show you.” Marie responded to her mother, and took back the ball since Marie didn’t want her mom to open the ball. Marie looked directly at the button on the ball and swallowed. “Alright, Come on out Scorbunny…” She pressed the button and threw the ball, which stopped and hovered before opening and releasing Scorbunny from his enclosure, and returning to Marie’s open hand.

After Scorbunny landed on the ground, his left ear twitched and he turned towards Marie and her frightened mother, who was now standing on the seat of the chair and gripping the top rail. “What is that… that…Thing!?” She cried in fear pointing at it, “Mom, he won’t hurt you. He’s my partner, see.” Marie motioned for her Scorbunny to come over to her and he happily obliged. When Marie’s mother saw her daughter petting the Pokémon, her muscles relaxed and she stepped off from the chair. “So, What is the purpose of having him with you besides having him as a companion?” Her mother questioned. “Battling, Training, and Catching Other Pokémon…” She said without thinking, then she remembered that other people have been seeing Pokémon show up everywhere. “Wait...Other Pokémon, I… I… I need to go!”

Marie began to rush outside only to have her mother block the front door with her body. Her mother shook her head in disapproval “No, you are not going anywhere! Give me three good reasons why you should leave on your own, for all you know they would probably attack you!” Her mother said. “One, I have my Scorbunny to protect me. Two, I’m eighteen and I want to see the world outside. And three, I will come back to visit you every month.” Marie’s mother went silent, which caused Marie to kneel and Scorbunny to follow “Please!” she begged her mother, after what seemed like an eternity her mother sighed. “Fine! But promise me you’ll be safe.” Marie immediately got up and squeezed her mother as hard as she could.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Marie hopped up and down in excitement, and recalled Scorbunny “Now, go get your stuff from upstairs before I change my mind.” Marie nodded, and rushed upstairs, when she arrived Marie noticed that her Switch was replaced with a small, red device that somewhat resembled a red DS, she immediately recognised it from the Pokémon anime, it was her very own Pokédex.

Last edited:
Chapter 2; The Teachings

ArielDiancie

Pronouns
She/Her

Chapter 2; The Teachings

Marie decided to pack everything in a Rolling Backpack since everything in it would be easier to manage, she packed lots of different types of food not only for herself and her partner but in case she encounters a Pokémon that she wants, lots of clothes, some cash, running shoes, a tent, a cooking pot, firewood, a first aid kit and an adventure log so that she could keep track of what Pokémon live in what places, also partly because she wanted to teach Scorbunny how to write as it would strengthen their relationship.

She waved goodbye to her mother and began walking, before realizing shortly afterwards that she needed more Pokéballs, thankfully there was a convenience store nearby so she stopped by on the way. The clerk seemed confused when Marie brought up twenty Pokéballs to the counter “Where did those come from?” He picked one up and admired it before placing it down and saying “That will be twenty dollars.”

On her way out, Marie wondered about what she could do after she completed her Pokédex. Marie suddenly let out a long yawn before surveying the location of the sun which was now beginning to kiss the horizon.

Marie yawned, and looked at the position of the Sun which was just beginning to kiss the horizon. “Alright, Scorbunny. Come on out!” Marie said as she pressed the button and hurled the ball into the air which opened up, and released Scorbunny. Marie smiled at him and asked “Can you please help me set up our tent?” Scorbunny nodded and the tent was up within ten minutes.

Once the tent was successfully set up, Marie quickly set up the Pot and threw in some beans before beginning to chop vegetables for the meal, while Scorbunny explored the surrounding area. All of a sudden, Scorbunny’s ear twitched and he immediately stood in front of Marie looking ready to fight.

Marie turned her attention to the direction that Scorbunny was looking and squinted, she could barely make out the shadow of a bipedal dog that was limping and obviously in pain, it took a few more steps before it collapsed onto the ground with a ‘Thud.’ Marie rushed over to “Okay! Scorbunny, I need your help!” Marie said as she pressed the button and hurled the ball causing Scorbunny to appear from his enclosure. “Scorbunny, Can you please help me set up the tent?” Marie asked Scorbunny nodded and they had the tent up within ten minutes.

Marie then set up the Pot, threw some in beans and chopped up some vegetables for their meal, in the meantime, Scorbunny surveyed the area. All of a sudden one of Scorbunny’s ears twitched and he immediately ran in front of Marie looking ready to fight, Marie had to squint in order to make out the silhouette of a bipedal, blue and black dog amongst the shadows of the forest, Marie identified it as a Riolu.
AhoAVNXAAjguWtPvnIxK55iTQsF083H8XKWK5ZJx3JncBz2GkKEkK5ljGL2mUPLmAtsa1RvvVUliy3kznpoB4OYSp2jUEAvV4xdnooYi-EqMtdwVNNH8AZIzH-4jmAzwlihM1TSW

It seemed to be limping and appeared to be in pain, after a few more steps, it collapsed onto the ground. Marie instantly stopped cutting and ran over to it, Scorbunny following in her footsteps. “Hey! Hey! Wake up!” Marie cried as she lightly shook the limp Riolu but there was no response.

Marie carried the injured Riolu to the tent with Scorbunny following close behind. She laid the injured monster on the sleeping bag and brought out the First-Aid Kit, Marie sterilized the wound with rubbing alcohol and then wrapped the wound in a tenser band-aid. “Scorbunny, can you please watch him, and let me know when he wakes up?” Scorbunny nodded and sat down right beside Riolu’s head, Marie then exited the tent and returned to the stew.

Once the stew was cooked Marie filled three separate bowls and started making her way over to the tent, once Marie was halfway to the destination, Scorbunny emerged from the tent and beckoned his trainer to come over, Marie slightly quickened her pace at Scorbunny’s urgency. “I can’t go any faster.” Marie responded, A few minutes later Marie arrived at the tent with the food and was welcomed to see that Riolu was now sitting up.

Marie put down a bowl of stew on the injured Riolu’s lap and gave him a spoon which he gladly took and started to eat. Marie then gave Scorbunny a pat on the head and served him his food, finally Marie started to eat from her own bowl. The stew was hearty and thick and contained flavours of beef, chicken, mushroom, carrots and celery. “Mmm! Holy crap, this is delicious.” Marie said after swallowing a mouthful.

Riolu then looked at Marie and smiled at her. “How about you sleep with us tonight, you need to recover.” Marie said to Riolu, who nodded solemnly. Marie was awoken by the sound of a tree’s leaves rustling. She looked around the tent and noticed that Riolu was missing and that Scorbunny was snoring loudly. Marie exited the tent, licked her index finger, pointed it in the air and discovered that there was no wind blowing, she pondered for a moment before deciding to find the sound’s origin.

Marie then followed the noise until she saw Riolu punching and kicking a tree, she then hid behind the tent and watched silently in disbelief, she wondered why Riolu would be pushing herself so hard despite being injured, soon Riolu was on his hands and knees sobbing profusely, Marie had seen enough so she walked over and gently scooped Riolu up and brought her back to the tent. “You shouldn’t push yourself too hard especially when you are wounded.” Marie said sadly.

The next morning Marie removed the adventure log and wrote on the first page ‘An injured Riolu randomly stumbled across our camp. I used some of the First-Aid kit to help her recover.’ Marie then flipped to the very back of the log where Marie kept the alphabet worksheet pages and handed the log and the pencil to Scorbunny who looked up at Marie with a confused look.

Marie responded by giving him a patient smile and said “These are called letters, you use them to form sentences, like this;” she flipped back to the entry that she had written prior and let Scorbunny look at the page.

After a few seconds Scorbunny looked up at Marie and smiled which prompted her to flip back to the worksheets, Marie then noticed that Riolu was gone again so she sighed and shook her head in disapproval before disassembling the tent and returning it to the backpack.

Marie then recalled Scorbunny who was still practicing the letters of the alphabet, which caused the log to be stored within the ball along with Scorbunny leaving her very perplexed however she just ignored it and continued on her adventure but she felt as though something was following her.

Then she looked behind her to see nothing. Soon she came across another individual who had a belt on with a Pokéball hanging from it. She had long blonde hair, a Team Mystic shirt and a pair of black jogging pants. Marie had no doubt that this particular person was a Pokémon Trainer, Marie contemplated walking around her but decided against it.

Once within view, the challenger approached Marie and started speaking. “I see you are holding a Pokéball, do you happen to be a Trainer?” Marie nodded and responded “Yes I am, and my name is Marie. Nice to meet you!” The mysterious challenger flipped her blonde hair and answered. “My name is Ashley, nice to meet you too, let's have a battle!”

Ashley was the first to send out her Pokémon. “I believe in you! Go Corsola!” Anxiety ebbed at Marie as she knew that Corsola was an excellent counter for Scorbunny; he is weak to both water and rock type moves. “What’s wrong? Worried you're going to get your ass handed to you?” Ashley teased. Marie gritted her teeth and squeezed her hand into a fist, “I’ll make you eat those words! Scorbunny you got this!” Marie said before pressing the button and throwing the ball.

Scorbunny was already in a suitable position for battle. “That’s it? Wow, you really are new at this” Ashley said, laughing. “This isn’t my first rodeo, I know that I might be at a huge type disadvantage, but I know Scorbunny will try his hardest!” Marie responded, trying to sound as confident as she could. “Scorbunny use Tackle!”

Scorbunny nodded and ran as fast as he possibly could and hit the Corsola who barely moved an inch. Ashley’s straight face then turned into a wry smirk as she announced her upcoming attack. “Corsola use Rollout.” Marie suddenly went pale, rollout is a move that doubles in power with every consecutive hit. “Scorbunny move!” Marie cried but it was too late, Scorbunny was knocked unconscious by the blow.

“Scorbunny!” Marie cried before running towards her unconscious friend, kneeling down and sobbing hysterically with him in her arms. Ashley then walked towards Marie, held up her hand and said “You know the rules, it’s time to pay up.”

Suddenly out of nowhere the Riolu from earlier ran between the two girls and faced Ashley with his arms straight out straight on both sides of his body, he looked angry. Marie lifted her head and smiled, tears still welling from her eyes. “You were following us this whole time?” Marie asked, Riolu looked back at Marie and nodded with a smile.

“And who is this?” Ashley asked, raising an eyebrow. “Riolu.” Marie responded before recalling Scorbunny into his ball. “Looks like I’ve still got a chance, huh?” Marie stood up
again and chuckled. Ashley sneered, and responded.“Just because you have a Pokémon with a type advantage, doesn’t mean that you’ll win against me! Corsola use Rollout!”

Corsola rolled towards Riolu and managed to hit him only for Corsola to be stopped midroll, causing him to be flipped and immobile, Riolu then punched the opposing Pokémon and then Corsola fainted. Ashley chuckled“I guess I got too overconfident! That was a great battle! Mind if I tag along?” Ashley asked Marie, who responded with a nod before opening her bag and retrieving an empty Pokéball, and kneeling down towards Riolu. “Do you want to come with us? You don’t have to.” Marie asked, holding out the empty contraption. “Rio!” He responded before nodding and pressing the button before giving Marie a smile as he was sucked into the ball which immediately clicked.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
That's probably the fastest prologue I've read in a while that got right to the chase! Don't bother to explain the science or how it got to that point, just get right to the premise to see how it goes. I suspect it will be pretty catastrophic! Guess now it's time to see what happens.

The way the narrative of chapter 1 starts with the Switch closing due to an unexpected error, and then seeing all the Pokemon missing, almost reminds me of a creepypasta in a way. I bet if she had a team of creepy Ghosts, maybe it actually would have been! Though as it stands, I guess that means the game itself is unplayable now. A truly great loss.

Aw, but after the brief scene with her mother and returning to her room, it's cute how Scorbunny is there to try to comfort her. And all things considered, a little panic-cry is pretty understandable, all things considered. Now it's just a matter of them figuring out where to go from there. That's a pretty big life change... And world change! Heading to the discord will probably get things rolling.

It seems that this is a take where Pokemon are just inherently friendly, or maybe they have a vague sense that they were their original trainers? In general, the way that she interacts with Scorbunny is really cute, and she's really taken this pretty well! All of the Pokemon fans have, I suppose. I guess that means the people who aren't fans of Pokemon are definitely going to need to do some catching up. Or a lot of catching up.

Oh my god she gets a Pokemon and her conclusion only an hour or two later is to leave and go on an adventure. I mean. Sure! Why not!! I guess in some ways it shouldn't come as too huge a surprise, but I did laugh a little at how much I didn't know what I expected. The most obvious answer just hits me right away.

Oh my god, even the convenience stores just changed to have Poke Balls in their inventory. This wasn't just a 'make Pokemon real' device they made, these guys somehow found admin privileges to the universe. Now I'm looking to see what happens with all the other things that might have changed. Did any particular areas become Pokemon Gyms, too? Pokemon Cafes, new ingredients for Pokemon? It was mentioned that there was still chicken and beef, so I wonder what the ecosystem will be like now. Pet food aisle now has Pokemon kibble, too, I bet. What an incredibly thorough change. Maybe the worlds actually collided instead...

Just before the Riolu picture, there appears to be a bit of duplicate text pasted in where Riolu approaching played out twice, by the way. That one definitely needs an edit to straighten out. Side note, I think there are also some spots where it flips to first person instead of third, so check around for those as well!

As for Riolu himself, interesting! It hasn't been very long, but it already seems like he'd gone through perhaps some kind of abandonment due to being too weak, if I had to guess. That's my first theory, at least, since he seems very distressed about being weak or otherwise failing against someone in battle.

This was a very cute start to a story. I honestly don't know where it'll go from here. A Pokemon adventure in the real world, suddenly adjusting to all the changes? While our main character is doing well to adjust, I wonder how the rest of society is doing in a few days, weeks, or months from now. Lots and lots of variables in play... But that's all for now. Thanks for the read!

Extension_Driver

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't seen many "Pokemon on Earth" stories on this forum. Yours is the first I've seen so far other than the one I have written.

First off, in the prologue there's a short blurb describing the people who brought Pokemon to Earth. I'm guessing they're going to become the antagonists. Not much to say here.

Onto the first chapter. I see that the Team origin guys, whoever they were, also made Pokeballs real with their machine. Were Potions and such brought along too? Secondly I think most people who ever played Pokemon now has to deal with the consequences of Pokemon showing up in their houses. It's a lighthearted story I see, so i think that wouldn't be explored in detail.

Heh, I like how Marie treats the Scorbunny, it's super cute! I also wonder if locations are changing other than beginning to stock otherworldly items. I'm intrigued by how other places have changed too.

For the Riolu (and Scorbunny) were they once residents of the Pokemon world before coming over? That Riolu seems to be quite worried about failure too. Odd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom