• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Overgrow Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Which was usually the only reason someone came to her. She kept her expression neutral nonethless. "But wishes are no easy thing to grant, and if your conviction is not ironclad, it would not work." She continued, her voice a little more cheerful new. "That said... I believe you, Odile. I sense your words come from a place of earnestness. I appreciate your honesty."
Odile Beaming.PNG
"̶O̶h̷,̸ ̶s̶h̶e̷'̸s̴ ̸i̵r̵o̶n̶c̴l̸a̴d̶ ̵a̴l̵r̸i̶g̸h̷t̴.̸ ̴S̴h̸e̶ ̶h̷a̷s̴ ̸b̷a̶l̴l̵s̴ ̷o̵f̴ ̵a̵b̶s̷o̶l̵u̷t̸e̶ ̷S̴T̴E̵E̶L̴.̸ ̸I̷ ̷g̸u̶e̷s̷s̵ ̶I̸'̵m̶ ̴s̵u̴r̶e̴ ̴y̶o̴u̸ ̷c̴a̴n̵ ̵f̶e̶e̵l̶ ̸t̴h̴a̷t̵ ̷b̵e̷c̶a̸u̷s̴e̵ ̷y̷o̴u̸'̴r̵e̸ ̴a̸ ̴s̴t̵e̴e̷l̸ ̸t̶y̶p̸e̶ ̸a̵n̵d̵ ̶w̷h̷a̴t̴e̴v̴-̵-̵"̷

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
"Thank you, Odile, once more I think you've made your point," Odette declared, holding up a silencing hand.

She turned to Odette again. "Am I correct? You seek my power of wishing to aid you somehow? Or was there another way you required my help?"
Odette Thinking.PNG
Sighing, she decided to answer the question. Again, honestly.

"I mean...I don't know right now," she said. "Initially, yes, I figured the goal would be a wish, but it was never a certain thing to me. It was an idea, but not the end all be all. I had already asked Manaphy to let me switch bodies with one of the missing trainers, but they were blocked from doing so. So, I knew there might be a chance you would face a similar issue, though it seemed less...possible with a wish. Not that I knew how your wish granting abilities worked. Until now, at least. It was all based on pure speculation."

Once more, she began to scratch at her cheek. "If you couldn't grant a wish, then I..." She trailed off, unsure of where she planned to go with that. It took a moment, but she figured it out.

"I just wanted to talk to you, really. Pick your brain. See if you've seen or can sense anything we might not be aware of."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 4082
"̶O̶h̷,̸ ̶s̶h̶e̷'̸s̴ ̸i̵r̵o̶n̶c̴l̸a̴d̶ ̵a̴l̵r̸i̶g̸h̷t̴.̸ ̴S̴h̸e̶ ̶h̷a̷s̴ ̸b̷a̶l̴l̵s̴ ̷o̵f̴ ̵a̵b̶s̷o̶l̵u̷t̸e̶ ̷S̴T̴E̵E̶L̴.̸ ̸I̷ ̷g̸u̶e̷s̷s̵ ̶I̸'̵m̶ ̴s̵u̴r̶e̴ ̴y̶o̴u̸ ̷c̴a̴n̵ ̵f̶e̶e̵l̶ ̸t̴h̴a̷t̵ ̷b̵e̷c̶a̸u̷s̴e̵ ̷y̷o̴u̸'̴r̵e̸ ̴a̸ ̴s̴t̵e̴e̷l̸ ̸t̶y̶p̸e̶ ̸a̵n̵d̵ ̶w̷h̷a̴t̴e̴v̴-̵-̵"̷

View attachment 4083
"Thank you, Odile, once more I think you've made your point," Odette declared, holding up a silencing hand.

View attachment 4084
Sighing, she decided to answer the question. Again, honestly.

"I mean...I don't know right now," she said. "Initially, yes, I figured the goal would be a wish, but it was never a certain thing to me. It was an idea, but not the end all be all. I had already asked Manaphy to let me switch bodies with one of the missing trainers, but they were blocked from doing so. So, I knew there might be a chance you would face a similar issue, though it seemed less...possible with a wish. Not that I knew how your wish granting abilities worked. Until now, at least. It was all based on pure speculation."

Once more, she began to scratch at her cheek. "If you couldn't grant a wish, then I..." She trailed off, unsure of where she planned to go with that. It took a moment, but she figured it out.

"I just wanted to talk to you, really. Pick your brain. See if you've seen or can sense anything we might not be aware of."

"My wishes can be powerful, but I can't make something from nothing," Jirachi said simply. "If you wished for money or jewels, I would have to take it from somewhere. I can do other things, however. It depends on what your request would be, and strength of your desire."

At Odette's next words, her eyes widened slightly. Odette wanted to talk to her? Not just make a wish immediately? "You actually wanted my thoughts?" she asked quietly. Maybe she could help somehow...

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"My wishes can be powerful, but I can't make something from nothing," Jirachi said simply. "If you wished for money or jewels, I would have to take it from somewhere. I can do other things, however. It depends on what your request would be, and strength of your desire."
Odette Thinking.PNG
That was pretty intriguing. Jirachi couldn't just make things appear out of thin air, then. It had to exist first.

"So, hypothetically speaking, could I...wish the missing trainers back? Or, maybe a little less tangible...could I wish to know where they are? Or know who or what is causing them to disappear?" Her face scrunched in deep thought. "Well, no. If there was a way to grant somebody the knowledge of who was doing this, I'm sure you would have done so already...better yet, wished this all away. You already said they aren't easy to grant, and I know the mythics aren't all-powerful. I'm sure you're doing your best..."

She began to rub the side of her head as her thoughts continued to swim. Gods, she had so many damn questions.

"If not that, then something bare minimum. Like, what's the process of kidnapping these trainers? What moves are they using? What are these scents at every scene?" A frown soon followed. "Can you even grant knowledge? Somebody here knows what the fuck is going on, so that wouldn't be something from nothing, I don't think..."

All of her ideas felt far too easy. For all she knew, her broken psyche would make even her simplest demand impossible. But, it was still worth a shot to even ask. Brainstorm, maybe.

At Odette's next words, her eyes widened slightly. Odette wanted to talk to her? Not just make a wish immediately? "You actually wanted my thoughts?" she asked quietly. Maybe she could help somehow...
Odette Sus.PNG
She briefly stopped in her rambling to eye Jirachi questioningly. "Of course I want your thoughts," she declared. "Even if you couldn't grant my wish, your insight would still be extremely helpful." Who knows what she'd come across that the rest of the humans and 'mon here were completely blind to?

As the thought occurred to her, a weak smile curled over her lips. "Fuck, if I'm being frank, your insight might even be helpful just in helping me figure out how to word myself here."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
That was pretty intriguing. Jirachi couldn't just make things appear out of thin air, then. It had to exist first.

"So, hypothetically speaking, could I...wish the missing trainers back? Or, maybe a little less tangible...could I wish to know where they are? Or know who or what is causing them to disappear?" Her face scrunched in deep thought. "Well, no. If there was a way to grant somebody the knowledge of who was doing this, I'm sure you would have done so already...better yet, wished this all away. You already said they aren't easy to grant, and I know the mythics aren't all-powerful. I'm sure you're doing your best..."

She began to rub the side of her head as her thoughts continued to swim. Gods, she had so many damn questions.

"If not that, then something bare minimum. Like, what's the process of kidnapping these trainers? What moves are they using? What are these scents at every scene?" A frown soon followed. "Can you even grant knowledge? Somebody here knows what the fuck is going on, so that wouldn't be something from nothing, I don't think..."
Jirachi nodded thoughtfully as Odette spoke. "Knowledge is complicated. I can only grant knowledge I have access to, so to speak. So as you said, I can't wish unknown knowledge, such as who comitted an act..." her voice trailed off and she closed her eyes, deep in thought.

She briefly stopped in her rambling to eye Jirachi questioningly. "Of course I want your thoughts," she declared. "Even if you couldn't grant my wish, your insight would still be extremely helpful." Who knows what she'd come across that the rest of the humans and 'mon here were completely blind to?

As the thought occurred to her, a weak smile curled over her lips. "Fuck, if I'm being frank, your insight might even be helpful just in helping me figure out how to word myself here."
At that, Jirachi's eyes reopened, a small amount of cheer returning to them. "I like you," she said, her tone a little more chipper. "A lot of humans don't ask me how to make a wish, they are usually so certain they know exactly what to wish for." Most didn't even ask for caveats of wishing.

"I will do what I can to aid in your wish." She paused and glanced around. "I do have a theory. Some of the others don't agree me but..." she drifted closer to Odette. "You must be careful who you tell. Only those you absolutely trust not to speak freely. Will you make me that promise?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Jirachi nodded thoughtfully as Odette spoke. "Knowledge is complicated. I can only grant knowledge I have access to, so to speak. So as you said, I can't wish unknown knowledge, such as who comitted an act..." her voice trailed off and she closed her eyes, deep in thought.
Odette Thinking.PNG
Well, that answered a solid chunk of her questions. If Jirachi didn't know it, there was no way to grant it. It made sense, and while it wouldn't help answer her biggest questions, it narrowed her thoughts down. She definitely wouldn't complain about that.
At that, Jirachi's eyes reopened, a small amount of cheer returning to them. "I like you," she said, her tone a little more chipper. "A lot of humans don't ask me how to make a wish, they are usually so certain they know exactly what to wish for." Most didn't even ask for caveats of wishing.

"I will do what I can to aid in your wish." She paused and glanced around. "I do have a theory. Some of the others don't agree me but..." she drifted closer to Odette. "You must be careful who you tell. Only those you absolutely trust not to speak freely. Will you make me that promise?"
Odette Bigger Smiles.PNG
However, it was nice to see Jirachi looking a little less skittish now. This happier-looking version was much cuter. It made Odette feel a touch less nervous, too. And to be directly told that Jirachi liked her...well, that was a little bit of an ego boost that she needed at the moment. And it essentially solidified Jirachi's willingness to help. A double win. She exchanged quick yet somewhat excited glances with Odile and Enora before speaking again.

"You would think common sense would tell a person to talk to the being granting their wish about wish granting before moving forward with the act," she said dubiously. "Common sense isn't all that common though."

Odette Startled.PNG
As Jirachi drifted closer to her with talk of a theory, she felt the nerves coalescing in her chest beginning to break dance. Something about being trusted with the theory of a mythic made her excited; the same kind of excitement she felt when she put clues together and managed to find an answer.

"My lips will be sealed." She outstretched one of her pinkies. "Do you accept pinky promises? I never break them."

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"̸T̴h̴i̷s̵ ̷i̸s̸ ̵t̶r̷u̴e̸,̴ ̸s̶h̶e̸ ̶d̵o̴e̷s̷ ̵h̷a̸v̸e̴ ̸a̷ ̴s̷t̴r̴e̸a̴k̷ ̶g̸o̸i̵n̶g̷.̸"̶

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 4096
Well, that answered a solid chunk of her questions. If Jirachi didn't know it, there was no way to grant it. It made sense, and while it wouldn't help answer her biggest questions, it narrowed her thoughts down. She definitely wouldn't complain about that.

View attachment 4098
However, it was nice to see Jirachi looking a little less skittish now. This happier-looking version was much cuter. It made Odette feel a touch less nervous, too. And to be directly told that Jirachi liked her...well, that was a little bit of an ego boost that she needed at the moment. And it essentially solidified Jirachi's willingness to help. A double win. She exchanged quick yet somewhat excited glances with Odile and Enora before speaking again.

"You would think common sense would tell a person to talk to the being granting their wish about wish granting before moving forward with the act," she said dubiously. "Common sense isn't all that common though."

View attachment 4099
As Jirachi drifted closer to her with talk of a theory, she felt the nerves coalescing in her chest beginning to break dance. Something about being trusted with the theory of a mythic made her excited; the same kind of excitement she felt when she put clues together and managed to find an answer.

"My lips will be sealed." She outstretched one of her pinkies. "Do you accept pinky promises? I never break them."

View attachment 4100
"̸T̴h̴i̷s̵ ̷i̸s̸ ̵t̶r̷u̴e̸,̴ ̸s̶h̶e̸ ̶d̵o̴e̷s̷ ̵h̷a̸v̸e̴ ̸a̷ ̴s̷t̴r̴e̸a̴k̷ ̶g̸o̸i̵n̶g̷.̸"̶

Jirachi perked up, a smile flickering across their face. Then their expression shifted, growing more serious. "I don't know if your world has this, but our world has an old myth, one from the origin of this world." Their tone grew even quieter. "The myth of the Golden King."

Jirachi continued, though she seemed apprehensive simply speaking about the topic. "The legend says there was once a powerful being who ruled over this world. They called him the Golden King, for he ensured the world lived under a single golden rule." She shivered. "Might makes right."

"He believed the world would be strongest if the weak did not survive and only the strong prevailed. But as the world grew, and people and pokemon came together, friendship bloomed. The strong protected the weak, and the weak supported the strong. There was harmony. So myth says he tried to cause strife, to manipulate the people and pokemon of this world into wars. It is said he succeeded, but not for long. The bonds between people and pokemon prevailed in the end. Peace won."

"The legendary pokemon of that time rose up against him when they discovered his trangressions and destroyed him. But destroying a being so powerful is no simple task. They say he vowed to take revenge... on everything." For a moment, her voice trembled. "If the golden king returned... what if this is his revenge? If he heard about this friendship festival, surely he would want to destroy it. What if he came here to do that?"

Another question entered Jirachi's mind, one she wasn't sure she wanted to voice. If it was true... how could any being stop such a creature?

"The others don't all agree but... after what Latias told me what she sensed? I fear the worst."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I don't know if your world has this, but our world has an old myth, one from the origin of this world." Their tone grew even quieter. "The myth of the Golden King."

Jirachi continued, though she seemed apprehensive simply speaking about the topic. "The legend says there was once a powerful being who ruled over this world. They called him the Golden King, for he ensured the world lived under a single golden rule." She shivered. "Might makes right."

"He believed the world would be strongest if the weak did not survive and only the strong prevailed. But as the world grew, and people and pokemon came together, friendship bloomed. The strong protected the weak, and the weak supported the strong. There was harmony. So myth says he tried to cause strife, to manipulate the people and pokemon of this world into wars. It is said he succeeded, but not for long. The bonds between people and pokemon prevailed in the end. Peace won."

"The legendary pokemon of that time rose up against him when they discovered his trangressions and destroyed him. But destroying a being so powerful is no simple task. They say he vowed to take revenge... on everything." For a moment, her voice trembled. "If the golden king returned... what if this is his revenge? If he heard about this friendship festival, surely he would want to destroy it. What if he came here to do that?"

Another question entered Jirachi's mind, one she wasn't sure she wanted to voice. If it was true... how could any being stop such a creature?

"The others don't all agree but... after what Latias told me what she sensed? I fear the worst."
Odette Thinking.PNG
Odette was thoughtfully silent as Jirachi spoke of a myth. About "The Golden One." From the way Jirachi was cringing her way through the story, Odette had an inkling of a feeling it might not have been much of a myth to her. This particular legendary, for lack of a better title, sounded like a motherfucker. A violent one at that.

The more she listened, the more she found herself beginning to fall on board with this theory. A golden malicious legendary who believed the strong could prevail over the weak and was thwarted by the bond between Pokemon and trainer? Now crashing a party meant to celebrate friendship? The story appeared to be writing itself. That paired with what those other trainers had heard from Latias...

"No...I think you're onto something there," she mused. "One of the trainers who went missing said she saw something yellow or gold at the scene that the girl Reena and her Drampa were taken. And now she's gone too..."

To think, this whole time they'd been scrutinizing the yellow 'mon of the island, when there was a chance it was something completely unrelated.

"If this legendary felt that strong should prevail over the weak, is there a chance it'd be targeting trainers it considered weak? I never met any of the missing trainers. Only the one from my group, very briefly, and officer Jenny...but that Drampa had to be pretty strong. And whoever had the Scizor had to have the strength to evolve it..." she trailed off for a while. "Or in that same realm, it's going after partners it thinks have too strong of a bond?"

That might have made the most sense. Somebody had mentioned that Drampa practically babysat Reena. Officer Jenny seemed close with her 'mon too. And Mitch had to have a good bond with his Mightyena...

She was relentlessly scratching her cheek now. It was starting to hurt, so she made herself stop.

"Did this legendary have a name? Or...if it's on a he-who-shall-not-be-named level, then perhaps a typing?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 4108
Odette was thoughtfully silent as Jirachi spoke of a myth. About "The Golden One." From the way Jirachi was cringing her way through the story, Odette had an inkling of a feeling it might not have been much of a myth to her. This particular legendary, for lack of a better title, sounded like a motherfucker. A violent one at that.

The more she listened, the more she found herself beginning to fall on board with this theory. A golden malicious legendary who believed the strong could prevail over the weak and was thwarted by the bond between Pokemon and trainer? Now crashing a party meant to celebrate friendship? The story appeared to be writing itself. That paired with what those other trainers had heard from Latias...

"No...I think you're onto something there," she mused. "One of the trainers who went missing said she saw something yellow or gold at the scene that the girl Reena and her Drampa were taken. And now she's gone too..."

To think, this whole time they'd been scrutinizing the yellow 'mon of the island, when there was a chance it was something completely unrelated.

"If this legendary felt that strong should prevail over the weak, is there a chance it'd be targeting trainers it considered weak? I never met any of the missing trainers. Only the one from my group, very briefly, and officer Jenny...but that Drampa had to be pretty strong. And whoever had the Scizor had to have the strength to evolve it..." she trailed off for a while. "Or in that same realm, it's going after partners it thinks have too strong of a bond?"

That might have made the most sense. Somebody had mentioned that Drampa practically babysat Reena. Officer Jenny seemed close with her 'mon too. And Mitch had to have a good bond with his Mightyena...

She was relentlessly scratching her cheek now. It was starting to hurt, so she made herself stop.

"Did this legendary have a name? Or...if it's on a he-who-shall-not-be-named level, then perhaps a typing?"

"Maybe they weren't targeted for being weak. It seems as if it went after trainers with strong bonds... But then Manaphy believes they're still alive. It didn't kill them. There has to be something else..." Jirachi mused. Did it want them somehow, or was Manaphy wrong and they were already- no, she refused to accept that.

"I'm sorry. The myths don't mention a type or a name. That's all I know."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I'm sorry. The myths don't mention a type or a name. That's all I know."

Odette nodded. “That certainly makes the most sense.”

Though, if it really were true, she might be screwed. Who else on the island was tethered by blood to their ‘mon? Shit…

“I know my will is strong,” she said. The determination poured from her tone. “My first thought is to wish one of the trainers back…or all of them…or wish myself to where they are, even for a moment. And I know I could do it.”

That second idea filled her with apprehension, and she could feel Odile and Enora glaring at her as she said it. “But I’m willing to bet that that will put an enormous target on my back.”

“̴E̸v̴e̵n̶ ̷i̷f̸ ̴i̶f̴ ̷d̶i̸d̴n̸’̵t̵,̴ ̶y̵o̴u̶’̷r̶e̸ ̶n̵o̸t̷ ̶f̸u̶c̷k̴i̸n̷g̸ ̸w̶i̷s̷h̵i̴n̶g̶ ̷y̶o̴u̸r̴s̷e̴l̷f̷ ̷t̵o̷ ̷t̵h̷e̷m̸,̵ ̸b̷o̸z̵o̸.̷ ̶W̴h̵a̸t̵ ̶i̵f̷ ̴J̵i̶r̵a̵c̶h̴i̶ ̵c̶a̴n̵’̴t̵ ̶b̴r̴i̶n̵g̸ ̴y̸o̵u̷ ̷b̷a̶c̴k̷?̴ ̵W̴h̵a̸t̸ ̷i̷f̵ ̶t̴h̶a̵t̴’̸s̴ ̸w̵h̴a̸t̷ ̸t̶h̴i̴s̶ ̵G̸o̴l̷d̷e̴n̶ ̴M̸o̸t̶h̸e̶r̵f̶u̵c̴k̸e̶r̵ ̷w̴a̵n̵t̴s̵?̵ ̵W̴h̸a̶t̷ ̶i̷f̸ ̷t̶h̴e̸ ̸s̶t̴o̶r̶y̷ ̸i̶s̵ ̷a̴l̴l̴ ̵o̷n̴e̷ ̶b̵i̶g̸ ̵L̴I̶E̵?̴”̸
Odile ranted. However, a thought occurred to her, and she sent Jirachi a somewhat sheepish look.

̵“̷Y̸o̵u̶ ̸w̵e̷r̴e̶ ̶t̶e̷l̷l̴i̸n̷g̷ ̵t̴h̸e̶ ̵t̷r̶u̴t̴h̷ ̵a̷b̵o̸u̶t̸ ̸e̶v̶e̷r̴y̴t̴h̷i̴n̸g̶ ̶y̴o̶u̸ ̸j̶u̷s̷t̸ ̷s̸a̷i̷d̵ ̶r̶i̵g̶h̴t̶?̸”̵

Odile used Mind Reader!

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Odette nodded. “That certainly makes the most sense.”

Though, if it really were true, she might be screwed. Who else on the island was tethered by blood to their ‘mon? Shit…

“I know my will is strong,” she said. The determination poured from her tone. “My first thought is to wish one of the trainers back…or all of them…or wish myself to where they are, even for a moment. And I know I could do it.”

That second idea filled her with apprehension, and she could feel Odile and Enora glaring at her as she said it. “But I’m willing to bet that that will put an enormous target on my back.”

“̴E̸v̴e̵n̶ ̷i̷f̸ ̴i̶f̴ ̷d̶i̸d̴n̸’̵t̵,̴ ̶y̵o̴u̶’̷r̶e̸ ̶n̵o̸t̷ ̶f̸u̶c̷k̴i̸n̷g̸ ̸w̶i̷s̷h̵i̴n̶g̶ ̷y̶o̴u̸r̴s̷e̴l̷f̷ ̷t̵o̷ ̷t̵h̷e̷m̸,̵ ̸b̷o̸z̵o̸.̷ ̶W̴h̵a̸t̵ ̶i̵f̷ ̴J̵i̶r̵a̵c̶h̴i̶ ̵c̶a̴n̵’̴t̵ ̶b̴r̴i̶n̵g̸ ̴y̸o̵u̷ ̷b̷a̶c̴k̷?̴ ̵W̴h̵a̸t̸ ̷i̷f̵ ̶t̴h̶a̵t̴’̸s̴ ̸w̵h̴a̸t̷ ̸t̶h̴i̴s̶ ̵G̸o̴l̷d̷e̴n̶ ̴M̸o̸t̶h̸e̶r̵f̶u̵c̴k̸e̶r̵ ̷w̴a̵n̵t̴s̵?̵ ̵W̴h̸a̶t̷ ̶i̷f̸ ̷t̶h̴e̸ ̸s̶t̴o̶r̶y̷ ̸i̶s̵ ̷a̴l̴l̴ ̵o̷n̴e̷ ̶b̵i̶g̸ ̵L̴I̶E̵?̴”̸ Odile ranted. However, a thought occurred to her, and she sent Jirachi a somewhat sheepish look.

̵“̷Y̸o̵u̶ ̸w̵e̷r̴e̶ ̶t̶e̷l̷l̴i̸n̷g̷ ̵t̴h̸e̶ ̵t̷r̶u̴t̴h̷ ̵a̷b̵o̸u̶t̸ ̸e̶v̶e̷r̴y̴t̴h̷i̴n̸g̶ ̶y̴o̶u̸ ̸j̶u̷s̷t̸ ̷s̸a̷i̷d̵ ̶r̶i̵g̶h̴t̶?̸”̵

Jirachi closed her eyes as Odette spoke, and seemed to be considering something deeply. It wasn't until Odile finished speaking that her eyes flashed open and she smiled widely. She first shot Odile an indignant glance. "Of course I was!"

Jirachi is telling the truth!

Then she turned back to Odette. "My powers allow me to pull something from anywhere in the present. If there's a trainer you've met before, and your will is strong enough, I may just be able to wish them back. But it will only work once." She hesitated, then continued. "If you allow me to borrow a bit of the power of your bond between you and your team, I can veil us. At the very least, I think it will be enough to let us go unnoticed for now."

She floated slowly forward and took Odette's hand in her own paws. "It may feel... intense. And it will work best if its a trainer you met before, or interacted with. But perhaps we can save one," she said, hope slipping back into her voice.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Jirachi closed her eyes as Odette spoke, and seemed to be considering something deeply. It wasn't until Odile finished speaking that her eyes flashed open and she smiled widely. She first shot Odile an indignant glance. "Of course I was!"
Odette Pissed 2.PNG
Odette proceeded to smack Odile on the shoulder. Lightly, but it got the point across.
Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̵D̸a̴m̷n̸ ̸b̶i̷t̸c̴h̴,̸ ̵I̸ ̶w̸a̷s̸ ̸j̶u̷s̴t̴ ̴m̶a̷k̶i̸n̵g̷ ̶s̶u̸r̸e̷!̴ ̶A̵l̶l̶ ̴t̵h̸i̶s̶ ̷t̷a̷l̴k̷ ̸o̸f̸ ̵y̶o̶u̸ ̴g̷o̶i̷n̶g̷ ̶t̵o̴ ̵w̸h̸e̵r̵e̴ ̷t̴h̵e̶ ̵k̵i̴d̶n̶a̴p̶p̶e̸d̶ ̵t̵r̷a̵i̸n̴e̷r̸s̵ ̶a̸r̴e̶ ̶m̸a̸d̶e̷ ̷m̵e̴ ̶n̸e̴r̴v̶o̴u̶s̶,̵"̴ Odile whined.

Then she turned back to Odette. "My powers allow me to pull something from anywhere in the present. If there's a trainer you've met before, and your will is strong enough, I may just be able to wish them back. But it will only work once." She hesitated, then continued. "If you allow me to borrow a bit of the power of your bond between you and your team, I can veil us. At the very least, I think it will be enough to let us go unnoticed for now."

She floated slowly forward and took Odette's hand in her own paws. "It may feel... intense. And it will work best if its a trainer you met before, or interacted with. But perhaps we can save one," she said, hope slipping back into her voice.
Odette Startled.PNG
Her annoyance at Odile aside, that was a big development. She didn't think that would even be an option.

"You-you think that will work?"
Enora Sus.PNG
"Would it be dangerous?" She appreciated Jirachi's will to help, and her overall hopefulness, but after what happened with Manaphy...

Then again nobody was here to really interfere with this. And Enora knew their bond was very strong...
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̴Y̵o̶u̴ ̷t̵h̶i̷n̸k̴ ̵i̷t̶ ̵w̸i̶l̴l̸ ̸b̶e̴ ̷e̵n̶o̶u̵g̸h̸?̷ ̸W̷h̸a̶t̶ ̵i̶f̸ ̴i̸t̸'̸s̸ ̷n̷o̶t̵?̷"̴ Odile said warily.
Odette Pissed 2.PNG
"Odile," Odette spoke. "I am tethered to you by blood. I raised Enora from an Eevee after finding her in a dumpster, emaciated. If there's a bond strong enough to veil us, it's ours." And if it meant they could possibly bring somebody back, and find some answers? This was an opportunity that they couldn't afford to pass up, jitters or not.
Odette Thinking.PNG
As Jirachi took her hand, Odette stole glances at each of her 'mon before nodding. "I've felt 'intense' before. I think we'll be okay."

She took a breath and eyed the wish Pokemon.

"Let's do it.'

And she knew exactly who to target, because she'd spoken to him the most out of all of the vanished. It wasn't a good conversation, but a conversation no less.

"I wish to bring one of the missing trainers back. His name was Mitch."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"It will be enough," Jirachi said confidently. She could sense that much, the power that radiated from them was strong, deep. She took one of Odette's hands in her paw, then gestured for Enora to come closer, before gently taking one of the Sylveon's ribbons in her other paw.

"You too," she added, nodding her head at Odile.

Once Odile had placed a hand on Odette's shoulder, Jirachi locked eyes with Odette. "You must focus all of your being, all of your will and desire on the wish. And you must not waver until the wish is complete, understand?" When Odette gave her approval, Jirachi slowly closed her eyes. The blue tags on her head began to glow, fluttering in a nonexistent wind. A stillness fell over the forest. Stillness that grew heavier, until it seemed one could hear a heartbeat.

Jirachi's third eye on its abdomen shot open.

Odette and her pokemon would feel as if something were tugging at them, pulling from inside, harder and harder and harder - then a sensation of brief fatigue, perhaps one Odette would already be used to from training with Odile. A buzz of energy, almost like a static shock, traveling through Odette, up her arms and through to Odile and Enora. Then a flash of a memory, talking to Mitch... to a man and a mightyena.

Jirachi locked onto them. Etching their forms into her mind, their very essence of being. Drew on Odette's conviction. Focus... She reached out, seeing past the physical, to the spirit... She could sense them, but they were far away. So far... A void.... Straining, she drew more energy from Odette, latching onto the two and then yanked with all her might. At the same time it would feel as if something, a some kind of energy, was yanked from Odette, leaving her momentarily winded, though she would find the energy quickly resurged, as if it had never been taken at all.

Bright light coalesced into a blinding sphere a few yards away, a shimmering, rippling orb, yet it didn't seem to cast any light on the surrounding forest. It hurt to look it, blazing for a few seconds before finally fading slowly. As the light faded, two forms could be seen within - a young man, slumped over a mightyena, the mightyena curled around him, as if both were trying to protect each other.

Unconscious, but alive.

In need of care in the infirmary, no doubt, but the wish had unquestionably worked. They'd saved a trainer.

[[ @Negrek ]]
--

Jirachi slumped forward into Odette's arms, panting, heart beating swiftly, her third eye now closed. "We did it..." she said softly. "Thank you, Odette. I could not have done it... without you. They were so far away..."

She took a deep breath, seemingly recovering slightly, enough to float into the air again. First she drifted over to Nate and Mightyena, checking them over. "They will be fine, I believe, with time and rest."

She returned to Odette, exhausted looking, but smiling happily. "I need to return to my own realm to rest. But-" Holding out her paws, she formed a tiny star shaped stone and handed it to Odette. "-take this. It can only be used once, but if you hold it and wish, I will come to your aid. Good luck, and thank you again."

With a tiny twinkle of light, she vanished.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"It will be enough," Jirachi said confidently. She could sense that much, the power that radiated from them was strong, deep. She took one of Odette's hands in her paw, then gestured for Enora to come closer, before gently taking one of the Sylveon's ribbons in her other paw.
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette grasped Jirachi's paw. Not too tight, but tight enough to signify she was ready. And even a little apprehensive.

Enora Frown.PNG
As Jirachi gestured to her, Enora set her ribbon down into her free paw. They were really going to do this. It would be okay.
"You too," she added, nodding her head at Odile.
Odile Sparkle Eyed.PNG
"̷H̴E̶L̵L̶ ̷Y̸E̵A̸H̵ ̵W̵E̵'̴R̸E̶ ̵G̴O̵N̸N̶A̶ ̴S̶A̵V̴E̶ ̵M̵Y̴ ̸B̴E̶S̸T̸ ̴F̵R̴I̵E̷N̶D̴.̸"̸ Odile didn't need any further prompting. She scooted herself up behind Odette and firmly grasped her shoulders.

"̷L̶e̵t̴'̵s̶ ̴f̷u̷c̸k̸i̷n̶g̷ ̷g̴e̸t̸ ̸i̵t̶.̴"̵
Once Odile had placed a hand on Odette's shoulder, Jirachi locked eyes with Odette. "You must focus all of your being, all of your will and desire on the wish. And you must not waver until the wish is complete, understand?" When Odette gave her approval, Jirachi slowly closed her eyes. The blue tags on her head began to glow, fluttering in a nonexistent wind. A stillness fell over the forest. Stillness that grew heavier, until it seemed one could hear a heartbeat.

Jirachi's third eye on its abdomen shot open.

Odette and her pokemon would feel as if something were tugging at them, pulling from inside, harder and harder and harder - then a sensation of brief fatigue, perhaps one Odette would already be used to from training with Odile. A buzz of energy, almost like a static shock, traveling through Odette, up her arms and through to Odile and Enora. Then a flash of a memory, talking to Mitch... to a man and a mightyena.

Jirachi locked onto them. Etching their forms into her mind, their very essence of being. Drew on Odette's conviction. Focus... She reached out, seeing past the physical, to the spirit... She could sense them, but they were far away. So far... A void.... Straining, she drew more energy from Odette, latching onto the two and then yanked with all her might. At the same time it would feel as if something, a some kind of energy, was yanked from Odette, leaving her momentarily winded, though she would find the energy quickly resurged, as if it had never been taken at all.
Odette Startled.PNG
This was much different from the Manaphy switch. There, it felt almost...peaceful.

Wherever the four of them had just gone, it wasn't peaceful.

Intense yes, but nothing worse than what she'd faced previously. It was hard to zone in on the discomfort when all of her focus went into finding Mitch and Mightyena. They had to do this, This had to work. It would be pivotal for them,

They were so close. She could see them. She could feel them.

In an instant, she'd lost her ability to breathe. But the feeling left as soon as it came. Her eyelids felt heavy, and she was sure she felt like she might fall over if she tried to run. No different than how she used to feel when her anger surged with Odile in her blood. Or if she overexerted herself while training. She'd be fine.

Bright light coalesced into a blinding sphere a few yards away, a shimmering, rippling orb, yet it didn't seem to cast any light on the surrounding forest. It hurt to look it, blazing for a few seconds before finally fading slowly. As the light faded, two forms could be seen within - a young man, slumped over a mightyena, the mightyena curled around him, as if both were trying to protect each other.

Unconscious, but alive.

In need of care in the infirmary, no doubt, but the wish had unquestionably worked. They'd saved a trainer.
What mattered is that it fucking worked. Even through her tired blinks, she could see them. They were here. They were back.

They fucking did it.
Odile Beaming.PNG
"̶H̶O̸L̷Y̸ ̸S̴H̵I̵T̷,̶ ̶I̶T̷ ̸W̴O̵R̶K̷E̷D̴!̵"̵ Odile cheered. She sounded a tad sleepier than normal. Felt it, too. But that was to be expected.
Enora Beaming.PNG
"Wow," Enora said. Her joy was clear even though she was panting a little. Nothing a Heal Bell wouldn't fix, though.

Jirachi slumped forward into Odette's arms, panting, heart beating swiftly, her third eye now closed. "We did it..." she said softly. "Thank you, Odette. I could not have done it... without you. They were so far away..."

She took a deep breath, seemingly recovering slightly, enough to float into the air again. First she drifted over to Nate and Mightyena, checking them over. "They will be fine, I believe, with time and rest."

She returned to Odette, exhausted looking, but smiling happily. "I need to return to my own realm to rest. But-" Holding out her paws, she formed a tiny star shaped stone and handed it to Odette. "-take this. It can only be used once, but if you hold it and wish, I will come to your aid. Good luck, and thank you again."

With a tiny twinkle of light, she vanished.
Odette Startled.PNG
Odette perked up again as Jirachi fell into her arms. She wasn't shocked to see the mythic so winded; she'd undoubtedly just done a shit ton of work.

"No, thank you," Odette replied. "For even allowing us to attempt it."

As Jirachi hovered up again, Odette willingly let her go and followed her over to Mitch and Mightyena's unconscious forms. No blood, no bruises, no signs of torture...on the outside, of course. Right now, it just looked like they'd fainted. Jirachi further confirmed that they would be okay, and that was enough for her.

Odette slowly took the shard, holding it up to her nose to examine it. So, it was a lifeline to Jirachi, then? She suddenly felt quite privileged to be able to hold such a thing.

"I won't waste it," she declared. She was teetering on exhaustion, but still managed to speak strongly. "You've been an invaluable help. Let's talk again sometime."

And with that, the wish Pokemon was gone.

As Odette pocketed the shard, she began to rub her face. Now she really needed a nap.

"Enora, if you can, Heal Bell yourself and Odile. We need to fly them to the infirmary."

<><><><><><><><>​

Day 6 - Hunting two birds with one Stone

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven had come into the Lounge with one mission in mind, and left with two. Thankfully, it seemed both could be sought after in the same place, the forest.

Unfortunately, he wasn't sure how successful he'd be at locating Shaymin, as he was canvassing the brush at the edge of the forest closest to the dorms. The trees weren't very thick there, and he doubted a Mythical as elusive as Shaymin would hang around out in the open.

Nonetheless, he needed to find where Irene had been taken, and this was where Officer Victor said he'd seen her last.

Carefully, he and Aggron scanned the area to look for any signs of a disturbance: broken branches, stirred up dirt, signs of a pokemon attack. Irene had been wary when he met her, and she has two partners by her side. He hoped she hadn't been ambushed as cleanly as Jenny has been, otherwise this was going to be nigh impossible to find where she'd vanished.

@Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Not much further in, tracks could be just barely made out in the dirt, along with a few broken branches and crushed down grass. Someone had passed through here, and they hadn't made any attempt to hide it... In fact, it almost looked like someone wanted the trail to be found. To a human, the air would seem normal, but to a pokemon, the faintest scorched scent could also be detected further into the woods.

Soon enough, one could follow the trail to a spot where the dense brush and trees thinned slightly. And there, a sight to behold - blackened electrical scorch marks on the trees, the earth torn and upheaved, and a mess of footprints, both human and pokemon. All the telltale signs of a fight, albeit perhaps a brief one.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Soon enough, one could follow the trail to a spot where the dense brush and trees thinned slightly. And there, a sight to behold - blackened electrical scorch marks on the trees, the earth torn and upheaved, and a mess of footprints, both human and pokemon. All the telltale signs of a fight, albeit perhaps a brief one.
shocked.png
Steven froze as he stepped into the clearing and drew in a sharp breath. Victor had been right; this was the last place anyone would have seen Irene.

It was clear an electric pokemon had been here, from the scorch marks. 'Irene's Ampharos', he thought grimly. The rest, though, would need investigation.

He glanced around, suddenly very aware of how alone he and Aggron were out here. He hated the way his heart began to hammer in his chest, and he grabbed onto the nearest tree to steady himself.

This wasn't the arena. It was broad daylight. The attacker already ran from the scene.

He would have felt a lot better if someone else from the Trousselin was here, too. Not just for safety, but to try to piece together what had transpired, aside from the obvious.

thinking face.png
"Gray flakes, ghost and psychic energy, strange smell..." He ticked off the common factors on his fingers. "We'll most likely find those things here, but we need to see if there's anything else here. Anything different."

grumpy.png
Aggron nodded. He knew what to do.

[[Aggron used **Aura Reader**]]

@Flyg0n

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Balancing the demands of both her pokémon partners and trying to get enough sleep to prop up her own dwindling energy was a tough ask already, and solo investigation was a crazy, stupid thing to be doing on top of that. And that was without considering the threat of abduction, which she wasn't sure even Malachai could protect her from. So, when she heard another disappearance had happened in the forest, Laura figured it was worth getting backup. She had a few options when it came to asking for company, but after deliberating for a while, she realised that the one pair she'd battled were the pair she felt most comfortable with.

She grumbled vaguely to herself as she texted Jade and Nine, unhappily accepting that Malachai was right, again. Battle was how you came to know people. Whatever.

Conversation with Jade:

Hey - gonna hit the forest and look for evidence in like 20m

Wanna come with? Could use backup tbh

Brb flying there cant check phone while airborne o7

She wouldn't get a reply until she dismounted Malachai, and she'd only feel slightly guilty about twisting Jade's arm with that last text. It was for a good cause.

Laura had a pretty good feeling that even if she didn't see Jade straight away, that the girl would show. She was more surprised to see a glint of sun on the metallic body of a large pokémon.

<Aggron,> sent Malachai, decisively.

Well, that decided their landing spot, at least.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Aggron nodded. He knew what to do.

[[Aggron used **Aura Reader**]]

Aggron scanned the area!

This time, the area was positively flooded with energies. Electric, grass, and poison, alongside ghost and psychic. The psychic and ghost traces felt strong, stronger than before. As if who or whatever had left them behind had... grown stronger?

Electric, grass and poison energies were strong as well, still tingling in the air. Someone'd had a chance to fight back this time.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Two disappearances. Two. And this time Officer Jenny was one of them. Jade hadn't been too confident that the police were going to be all that helpful in this situation, but she wasn't expecting any of them to get taken. Now she just felt bad for expecting them to sit back and let everyone else deal with the dangerous stuff.

At least being in the group chat meant that Jade could follow up on leads quicker now. She still hadn't worked up the nerve to say anything in the chat, though. Lurking was fine. And it wasn't as if she'd found anything so far.

But now things were more urgent. They really, really needed to find a way to cure the poisoned Pokemon or else everyone would be stuck here. Laura had messaged Jade offering to help with searching the forest, and it felt safer going in a group. Especially with someone she was familiar with.

But then it turned out there was plenty to see on the way there.

"*There was a battle here,*" Nine announced, eyeing some tracks carefully, tail held high.

Jade tensed. She followed the Pikachu carefully as he tread through the obviously trampled grass. Tons of scorch marks the further they went.

"Burns..." Jade muttered. "Was there a fire-type?"

Nine shook his head. "*Not fire, electric. I can still feel the charge.*"

Right, Jade vaguely recalled that an Ampharos was one of the Pokemon missing. Well, at least this was the right direction.

Jade took a deep breath. "C'mon, let's see if we can find Laura." The sooner they had company, the better.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Gods, I told him I was only going to be a few minutes, why didn't he wait?"

"Spiiii!"

Kimiko was very much not amused with whatever entity in her life insisting she spend her time in forests. Again though, at least this one, unlike the one back in hr universe, wasn't home to aggressive ghosts or threatening cults... but she still didn't like being here. She held Celebi's whistle in her palm like a lifeline, just in case something caught her by surprise as she searched for Steven; not that she expected anything, with Olivia once again playing the role of her personal radar.

With all this talk of a "Golden One", Kimiko decided to keep some of the more promising-looking history books rather than return them to the lounge bookcase when they departed. With that in mind, she headed first to her dorm room to drop them off, where she could (hopefully) be sure they wouldn't be removed, or at least harder to find. But by the time she'd arrived at the forest's edge, Steven and Aggron were nowhere in sight. There was no way she and Olivia had beaten them here, so the espeon started scanning and they headed in.

Thankfully, finding a steel-type among all of the grass and bug energy floating around was not difficult, especially considering all the other auras Olivia had also picked up on and relayed. Most worrying, though, was that the ghost- and psychic-type readings she'd come to associate with their foe now felt even stronger than before.

Kimiko decided again not to call Steven out for running in on his own; it was becoming more and more clear the longer this investigation went on that this was just what trainers did. Odette had run off in pursuit of yet another lead, Wallace had also gone off somewhere after one of his own, and she herself had yet again entered the forest on her own just now to find him.

"Looks like a big battle happened here," she said instead, by way of greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom