• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Overgrow Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sleet's mouth pulled into a satisfied, malicious smile. Noted: this one did not want ice.

"Isn't my kink," she purred, stretching out on her branch as if on a chaise longue. "Don't think we would make good loverrrs, but it would be interrrresting to trrry."

She stuck her tongue out at the demon, lasciviously. Messing with her almost made up for how dully unfruitful her snooping had been.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Don't think we would make good loverrrs, but it would be interrrresting to trrry."

She stuck her tongue out at the demon, lasciviously. Messing with her almost made up for how dully unfruitful her snooping had been.
With her eyes still narrow, Odile's hands morphed back to normal. The pain-in-the-ass-ness aside, at least Sleet was keeping up with her banter. In fact, this thing was generally as obnoxious as she tended to be.

Damn. Now she knew how Odette felt almost every day. She'd feel kind of bad if it wasn't in her very nature as Wrath to be an annoying asshole. Or cloaca, in this case. As long as Odette wasn't crying or legitimately upset, it was fine.

However, now that she'd calmed down a little and could see this Inteleon as a fellow chaotic mess, she had a question.

"̸L̵o̷v̶e̸r̶s̵ ̶t̴h̵i̷n̵g̶ ̶a̵s̶i̷d̵e̸,̷ ̵I̸ ̶h̵a̵v̵e̷ ̸a̴ ̴q̶u̸e̴s̴t̶i̵o̸n̷,̸"̷ she started. ̶"̶H̴y̴p̷o̸t̴h̷e̷t̷i̵c̵a̶l̴l̴y̶ ̴s̶p̵e̵a̶k̴i̷n̵g̴,̸ ̵i̵f̶ ̸y̷o̷u̶r̷ ̵c̵l̸o̷a̶c̶a̶ ̸w̸a̴s̵n̸'̶t̶ ̷s̶e̷w̵n̴ ̶s̴h̷u̵t̶,̷ ̷h̴a̸v̴e̷ ̴y̵o̷u̷ ̷e̶v̷e̴r̸ ̷c̴o̶n̵s̵i̶d̵e̶r̷e̶d̶ ̵l̵a̴y̷i̷n̶g̷ ̶a̶n̸ ̴e̷g̵g̵ ̴a̴n̶d̶ ̶b̴e̵a̵m̵i̵n̶g̴ ̴i̶t̷ ̴a̷t̵ ̴s̴o̵m̵e̴b̸o̵d̶y̵?̵ ̷T̵h̵a̵t̵'̵s̸ ̷w̸h̸a̵t̶ ̸a̶ ̸c̷l̴o̸a̸c̴a̴ ̷d̴o̵e̴s̸,̷ ̸r̸i̴g̵h̸t̶?̷ ̵L̵a̴y̵ ̶e̴g̷g̶s̶?̸ ̵Y̴o̴u̸'̴d̷ ̸h̸a̸v̷e̸ ̴a̸n̸ ̵e̷n̴d̵l̶e̶s̶s̵ ̵s̶u̵p̴p̷l̸y̷ ̸o̶f̶ ̵b̴u̸l̵l̸e̷t̴s̸ ̷t̸o̶ ̴s̴t̸r̷a̴i̸g̷h̶t̶ ̸u̶p̸ ̷e̷g̷g̴ ̴s̵o̸m̸e̵b̵o̵d̷y̸'̷s̶ ̵c̶a̴r̸.̷ ̸T̸h̵a̶t̸ ̸s̵o̷u̸n̵d̷s̴ ̶w̶a̵y̸ ̵m̷o̵r̶e̷ ̴f̷u̴n̸ ̵t̵h̸a̸n̵ ̸s̸h̸o̵o̶t̸i̷n̴g̵ ̴s̵o̶m̴e̴b̸o̸d̷y̶ ̷w̵i̶t̶h̷ ̴w̵a̸t̵e̶r̴.̶"̵

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sleet cackled. Eggs. Howling fuck.

"That is so grosssss and dumb," she replied, making a face. "Plussss Ssleet would get tirrred. And have to eat ssso much food."

She grinned, dangling an arm down from her perch.

"You'rrre weirrrrrd," she added. "Ssleet likesss you. Let usss be frrriendss."

...Somewhere else on Kunolo Island, Laura Weir began to get a headache.
<><><><><><>​

Day 5: Kimiko Hates Time Travel

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
The air was surprisingly pleasant in the early afternoon as Kimiko and Olivia strode through the forest, but that didn't stop the chills they were both getting.

Waking up early was apparently going to be a requirement of this vacation from here on, as their gracious host gathered everyone for an attendance check as though they were in preschool. Thankfully, no one had gone missing, at least. Even more important, though, was that apparently both Blair and Noro's alakazam had been officially cleared of guilt. It was slow going, but they were finally managing to narrow down their list of suspects...

And then the worse news, this time provided via the group chat, that apparently there had been an attempt last night, and that Steven Stone managed to thwart it. That lead her to two conclusions; first, someone going missing nightly was extremely likely. And second, the target had been not Steven, but the Lati twins. Legendaries. And even the three of them together hadn't been able to catch the culprit.

Another shiver went down her spine at the reminder; she'd spent most of the day not far from the arena where the attack happened. If they hadn't left when they did, they might have been the next targets. There really didn't seem to be any pattern to the diasappearances so far... this only furthered her belief that the next target was simply whoever was easiest to reach. Which would mean that whoever was behind it was not doing it for any good reason.

Afterward, both Xena and Hazel had emphasized the importance of sticking to a group, and suggested everyone gather at the arena to investigate. Still, though... no one had been attacked in the daytime. What use could she be there? Steven had been there the night before, and with all of the other trainers from the Trousselin there... no, she'd be more useful to the group if she stuck with her original plan.

Olivia suddenly trilled and darted forward, disappearing through a bush. Kimiko sprinted after her, only to stumble over her espeon as she emerged into a wide-open clearing. The area was still, the only sounds the rustling of trees far in the distance. But something felt different, too... something was in the air. Not something... malevolent, or so she hoped, but definitely powerful. A glance downwards; Olivia seemed to be entranced by whatever it was, looking around the area with wide eyes, her forehead gem gleaming even now with her protective psychic gaze.

This was it, then, was it?

She cleared her throat and cautiously strode towards the center of the clearing. Olivia pressed so closely against her leg that it was difficult not to trip. She stopped when she reached the center, realizing she had no idea how she was supposed to get her target's attention. But she had to try something... Maybe she could start by addressing it properly.

"I seek the Voice of the Forest!" she cried out. She felt a little awkward, shouting to the air, but... the mythicals were here to meet the trainers, weren't they? "I... I need your help! People are disappearing, and we seem helpless to prevent it... but you could change that! Please!"

After that, there was nothing to do but wait. Wait for Celebi. Wait for whatever other mythic may have heard her summons, instead. Wait for nothing to happen. She wasn't sure how long she should wait, but it had to be enough to prove that she wasn't screwing around. She had no idea what she planned to do should another mythic show up in Celebi's place. Or if Celebi was unable to help her. Still, she knew she'd sleep far better tonight just knowing that she tried.

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Wind whispered through the tree branches, the only sound amidst the silence of the forest. ... For what felt like, ironically, a long time, there was nothing. Only the movement of the wind. Even the wild forest pokemon seemed to have gone silent. And then, a tree off to Kimiko's right rustled. Then to the left.

Olivia would detect something, a faint presence, and both might feel as if they were being watched. A gust of wind whispered through the forest against, but this time it was different. A sweet fresh scent, like the first day of spring. An a voice, carried on the wind, so light and faint it almost sounded like a trick of the mind.

What do you seek?

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Olivia definitely sensed something. That was the only thing telling Kimiko that she hadn't just hallucinated the voice she'd heard. Eerie, but not ominous.

Well, it was a start.

"I seek your assistance," she said aloud, looking around the clearing. She lowered her voice; apparently she had someone's attention, no point in shouting her plans to the entire island. "We have no idea who is making people disappear, or why. But I thought... if you could take me back just... just a day or two, before the mightyena trainer was taken, I could see who we're up against! That would go a long way in stopping any future incidents."

All she'd need to do was find a spot to hide to avoid the eyes of Hayes and the rest, where she could watch the scene unfold and identify the culprit. Given what she'd learned this morning that even two legendaries weren't able to capture the entity they'd encountered, she realized with frustration that there wouldn't likely be anything she and Olivia alone could do to stop history from repeating itself, and resigned herself to the fact that she'd have to sit and let it happen. But if she could just learn who they needed to be on the lookout for...

Another thought occurred to her. "You probably heard about what happened when Manaphy tried to help our party at the cove, and I completely understand if you have your reservations about showing yourself after that. I... I'm not here to cause any trouble. That's why we came alone. Just myself and my partner." Well, that and the fact that she wasn't willing to endanger anyone else but herself, despite the fact that she probably had a couple others she could have asked. She looked down at her espeon, who looked right back at her with a trill.

"Spii, espi!" Olivia said, her tail wagging anxiously.

"Right. We're just... at a loss, and I don't want to see any more people harmed. They're not just targeting humans, either. Latios and Latias were attacked last night, too. Surely you realize that all of the mythicals who were invited are also in danger here! So... If you can, please help us."

At least she'd been able to open a dialogue. Whether Celebi deemed her worth helping or not would be another matter, and that was assuming Celebi could do anything, also. Kimiko had her doubts that Celebi's time travel would be as easy to nullify as Manaphy's heart swap had been as some of the other trainers had suggested, but she also knew there was no guarantees when there were this many unknowns. All she could do was try.

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The wind faded, a silence, fell, though instead of unsettling, this felt like the forest had paused. As if it were listening.
A pair of blue eyes peered from with the crown of a tree nearby. Scrutinizing, watching. Slowly, the rest of a body became visible, revealing the small green shape of Celebi.

She hovered slowly forwards to float before Kimiko, her expression serious. Then she addressed Olivia instead, though her telepathic voice could be heard by both.. "Tell me of your human. Has she proven herself? Does she handle herself on the field of battle, and off? Do you trust her and find her worth your devotion?" Her tone had an edge, as if she were suspicious, or perhaps judging.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
She hovered slowly forwards to float before Kimiko, her expression serious. Then she addressed Olivia instead, though her telepathic voice could be heard by both.. "Tell me of your human. Has she proven herself? Does she handle herself on the field of battle, and off? Do you trust her and find her worth your devotion?" Her tone had an edge, as if she were suspicious, or perhaps judging.
Olivia’s eyes were wide with surprise when Celebi addressed her instead of her human. Celebi wanted... her thoughts??

“Of course! Can't you tell?” she replied with a mixture of enthusiasm and confusion. “She's very strong, for a human! Even though she might not see it sometimes. She scares easily and has a lot of doubts about herself. But she’s always doing what she can to help! Back home, we're fighting against a whole entire army of ghosts who are trying to kidnap people! They live in a forest like this one, so I’m proud of her just for coming here on her own! She was afraid, but she did it anyway! Even though I'm pretty sure there aren't ghosts in this one...”

Olivia strutted around her trainer, who looked somewhat dumbstruck as her own pokemon hyped her up to a legendary. She rubbed her head affectionately against Kimiko's leg. "And when when she’s not fighting, she takes care of me and the rest of our family! I’ve been with her since I was born! She looks after all of us and cares for us a lot! She even got me to evolve! And, and! She even took in an abandoned ghost to give her a good home, even though ghosts scare her! And she came here alone because she didn’t want to put anyone else in danger! She’s got a good heart, even if sometimes we have to remind her of that.”

She looked up at her trainer, who smiled and knelt down to her level, reaching to scratch the espeon's ears. Olivia leaned into her touch, purring gleefully, then turned back to Celebi. "I wouldn't want any other human but mine!"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Olivia’s eyes were wide with surprise when Celebi addressed her instead of her human. Celebi wanted... her thoughts??

“Of course! Can't you tell?” she replied with a mixture of enthusiasm and confusion. “She's very strong, for a human! Even though she might not see it sometimes. She scares easily and has a lot of doubts about herself. But she’s always doing what she can to help! Back home, we're fighting against a whole entire army of ghosts who are trying to kidnap people! They live in a forest like this one, so I’m proud of her just for coming here on her own! She was afraid, but she did it anyway! Even though I'm pretty sure there aren't ghosts in this one...”

Olivia strutted around her trainer, who looked somewhat dumbstruck as her own pokemon hyped her up to a legendary. She rubbed her head affectionately against Kimiko's leg. "And when when she’s not fighting, she takes care of me and the rest of our family! I’ve been with her since I was born! She looks after all of us and cares for us a lot! She even got me to evolve! And, and! She even took in an abandoned ghost to give her a good home, even though ghosts scare her! And she came here alone because she didn’t want to put anyone else in danger! She’s got a good heart, even if sometimes we have to remind her of that.”

She looked up at her trainer, who smiled and knelt down to her level, reaching to scratch the espeon's ears. Olivia leaned into her touch, purring gleefully, then turned back to Celebi. "I wouldn't want any other human but mine!"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Celebi listened intently to Olivia's words, wtahcing her every behaviour, her every action. This Espeon seemed wholly devoted to Kimiko, and considering the circumstances required to trigger such an evolution...

"Very well," she said finally. "I believe you. You must forgive my hesistance. I do not trust humans very often. I find pokemon to be a better judge of character of their trainer, easier to see through deceptions. Olivia's love and bond with you shines true. I can sense the power behind it."

A mental sigh came from Celebi. "As for your request. I am not sure I can... accomodate. My power isn't meant to be used for... something of this nature. Going back in time in such a short distance can cause incredible problems fo the timeline... It could unwind the entire timeline. But nontheless... if you have exhausted all other options I may allow it..."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Celebi listened intently to Olivia's words, wtahcing her every behaviour, her every action. This Espeon seemed wholly devoted to Kimiko, and considering the circumstances required to trigger such an evolution...

"Very well," she said finally. "I believe you. You must forgive my hesistance. I do not trust humans very often. I find pokemon to be a better judge of character of their trainer, easier to see through deceptions. Olivia's love and bond with you shines true. I can sense the power behind it."

A mental sigh came from Celebi. "As for your request. I am not sure I can... accomodate. My power isn't meant to be used for... something of this nature. Going back in time in such a short distance can cause incredible problems fo the timeline... It could unwind the entire timeline. But nontheless... if you have exhausted all other options I may allow it..."
Kimiko looked up at Celebi as she responded. Whatever Olivia had said, it had worked. Kimiko got the gist, but it helped knowing how she was likely to respond to Celebi's question, too.

But the good news didn't last. If Celebi couldn't bring her back... what else could she do?

"No, I completely understand why you'd trust their judgment over a human's," she said, giving Olivia one last scritch before standing up to full height. "Thank you for trusting me... us."

She looked down as her 'dex buzzed; updated information from the group chat. They were making progress at the arena, however small. Still... at this rate, they'd be down several more trainers before they even knew what they were looking for, let alone being any closer to stopping it. "All I'd need is a look," she pleaded. "Just a glimpse at who is responsible, and then we can leave. I don't plan on being seen. Please, I... I don't know what else to do. If you're there, too, you can pull us out at the first sign of trouble, right?" She really didn't want to pressure Celebi so soon after earning her trust, but she was also being honest. The longer they took to solve this mystery, the more people could go missing. She'd known it was a possibility, but... she hadn't been prepared at all for Celebi's reasoning. Surely a pokemon with such powerful control over the flow of time could assure that no damage would be done... right?

Olivia stepped forward with her ears now flat, also addressing Celebi, seemingly mirroring her trainer's inner thoughts. "We don't want anyone else to go missing! Do you have any other ideas, maybe? Some other way we can find out who is being bad? I don't want my human to be next..."

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Do not misunderstand me," she said, seemingly picking up on Kimiko's worries. "I myself can travel through time without disturbing it. However, bringing others adds complicates the process greatly." Her tone held regret, but sound matter-of-fact as well. She backed away slightly, as if considering leaving, then stopped.

Her gaze drifted to the Espeon. Their plea was sincere. Selfless. And Kimiko had volunteered herself. She had a good heart.

"However, perhaps we can try nonetheless," Celebi conceded. "But whatever is hunting trainers on this island is powerful. Strong enough to challenge us, it seems. I will do everything in my power to protect you, but I cannot guarantee your safety. And by using my power, I fear we may draw attention to ourselves. I fear acting rashly may endanger you all greatly, and that is not a burden I wish to bear hastily..." she mused. "Have you consulted your allies?"

They couldn't afford a repeat of Steven...

It seems using Celebi's power may draw a great deal of attention! Traveling through time is very risky! Proceed with caution...

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Do not misunderstand me," she said, seemingly picking up on Kimiko's worries. "I myself can travel through time without disturbing it. However, bringing others adds complicates the process greatly." Her tone held regret, but sound matter-of-fact as well. She backed away slightly, as if considering leaving, then stopped.

Her gaze drifted to the Espeon. Their plea was sincere. Selfless. And Kimiko had volunteered herself. She had a good heart.

"However, perhaps we can try nonetheless," Celebi conceded. "But whatever is hunting trainers on this island is powerful. Strong enough to challenge us, it seems. I will do everything in my power to protect you, but I cannot guarantee your safety. And by using my power, I fear we may draw attention to ourselves. I fear acting rashly may endanger you all greatly, and that is not a burden I wish to bear hastily..." she mused. "Have you consulted your allies?"

They couldn't afford a repeat of Steven...

So time traveling might draw unwanted attention. She hadn't considered that, either. Even if Celebi wasn't blocked, surely someone would notice her going missing. Kimiko considered asking Celebi herself to go and look, but... if she weren't willing to risk any of her peers, why would it be any more acceptable to risk Celebi? Because she was stronger? Whoever their foe was, they'd already proven they could handle Latios and Latias together. Celebi would be in just as much danger as anyone else. She couldn't ask her to go on her behalf. Someone else in her position may have, but not her.

She glanced down at her pokemon by her feet. "What do you think, Olivia?"

The espeon looked up at her sadly. "Spii... espi..."

Kimiko nodded in reply before turning back to Celebi, fists clenched by her sides. "Okay. She's right. I... admittedly only told one other what my plan here today was. And if this was only going to put myself at risk, I wouldn't hesitate. But... if you think doing this would endanger everyone... I can't do that. Not yet. Not without talking to them about it."

She sighed and hung her head. Olivia once again tried to comfort her, and she couldn't help but offer a sad grin. "We tried." Then she turned back to Celebi, trying to restore her determined expression. "I'd like to keep this option in reserve, though, if you'd be willing to cooperate in the future. I'll try to come back to you myself if the group decides it's worth the risk. Is that alright with you?"

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
She sighed and hung her head. Olivia once again tried to comfort her, and she couldn't help but offer a sad grin. "We tried." Then she turned back to Celebi, trying to restore her determined expression. "I'd like to keep this option in reserve, though, if you'd be willing to cooperate in the future. I'll try to come back to you myself if the group decides it's worth the risk. Is that alright with you?"
"A wise conjecture. I agree." Celebi held up one dainty hand, and made a strange circular motion. The wind gathered around her fingers, a greenish light forming at the tips. The light elongated, then began to fade. It revealed a small whistle that appeared to be spun from grass itself, though looked much sturdier.

Celebi handed it to Kimiko. "Take this. You may blow it once, and I shall come to your aid, whether it is to fight, or perhaps, travel in time if you grow desperate. You have my promise of aid." Her eyes glimmered with a serious conviction.

She dipped her head to Olivia. "Young Espeon... take care of your trainer. Your faith is strong. The bond you two share has power here. Do not underestimate yourself." The last line seemed directed at them both.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"A wise conjecture. I agree." Celebi held up one dainty hand, and made a strange circular motion. The wind gathered around her fingers, a greenish light forming at the tips. The light elongated, then began to fade. It revealed a small whistle that appeared to be spun from grass itself, though looked much sturdier.

Celebi handed it to Kimiko. "Take this. You may blow it once, and I shall come to your aid, whether it is to fight, or perhaps, travel in time if you grow desperate. You have my promise of aid." Her eyes glimmered with a serious conviction.

She dipped her head to Olivia. "Young Espeon... take care of your trainer. Your faith is strong. The bond you two share has power here. Do not underestimate yourself." The last line seemed directed at them both.

Kimiko took the whistle carefully; she thought about putting it in her bag, but she decided she'd better find a box or something to keep it in, first; it still looked relatively fragile.

"Thank you," she said earnestly. Some part of her still couldn't help but see this as a failure on her part, but the promise of Celebi's aid helped offset that. "And if you need help, too, well... you know where to find me. Let's go, Olivia. We'd better report in."

"You have my word," Olivia said to Celebi as her human turned and started to leave. "I'll keep her safe! We'll figure it out somehow. You be safe, too!"

Kimiko clutched the whistle in her fist as she walked, a potential last-ditch lifeline she would keep safe until a time they might need it. If it came right down to it, she'd go ahead with the plan anyway. But they weren't in dire straights just yet. There were still some other potential leads. She just hoped she was wrong, and that they'd finally start making progress before anyone else went missing.

D6: Odette Hunts a Wish

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette had walked with a certain pep in her step. She'd woken up particularly sleepy, but upon hearing that not one, but two people had gone missing, and two 'mon had allegedly been poisoned? No. No more dilly-dallying. She needed to find Jirachi today. Before she did anything else. Before she got sidetracked with any more bullshit.

Enora Frown.PNG
"So what's the plan?" Enora asked, keeping in step with Odette's hasty stride.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Walk until we find a floating star shaped mythic," she panted.

Overhead, she could hear the trees rustling. She looked up just in time to see Odile hop from one tree branch to another that was a solid 15 feet away.

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̸D̴o̴n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̴o̶r̸r̷y̴ ̵g̸u̶y̴s̸,̴ ̶I̷'̷m̴ ̴k̴e̷e̸p̵i̶n̶g̶ ̷m̴y̵ ̶e̵y̶e̵s̶ ̵p̸e̶e̵l̶e̵d̴ ̶f̶r̸o̷m̸ ̴u̸p̵ ̷h̶e̵r̶e̶!̸"̴ Odile declared. She was at least 30 feet up in the air, but made sure to project her voice to assure the ants below her could hear.

With that, she leapt to the next one.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
Odette sighed gruffly. She figured it best that Odile blow off her excess energy before they met Jirachi, anyway. She wouldn't be surprised if the other mythics on the island were made aware of the Manaphy debacle, and while she knew she didn't do anything wrong, she didn't want to risk anything. She didn't want whatever beef Odile had with Jirachi to be the difference between them being granted some dire information or not.

Kimiko had said she found Celebi in the forest. That made sense; it was Celebi. Jirachi, she couldn't quite pinpoint where they might hang out. Part of her was certain a wish granting mythic would reside in a tranquil place like a forest, but it was also a primary steel type...so maybe Mt. Moxie might have been the better place to look.

As the thought occurred to her, she stopped in her tracks to take in her surroundings. They'd walked a little ways off the paved path, and all that stood before them was a seemingly endless space of trees. Unbothered. Peaceful.

For a moment, they were on fire.

The image came and went in an instant. But it was still enough to make Odette's breath hitch. Her right foot inched backward, away from the scene, as she broke into a cold sweat.

You're good. It's fine, she told herself.

She should have known better than to go sauntering into the woods without bracing her fried brain for it first.

Her hand traveled up to the side of her head, and she pressed her back against a nearby tree before sliding down to sit. It was only there than she allowed herself to bury her face in her hands.

Enora Sad.PNG
Enora bounded up next to Odette just as her rear hit the ground. She placed a soothing paw against her leg.

"Are you okay? Do you need your water?" she asked in a low voice.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"No," Odette replied, shaking her head. "We just should have gone to Mt. Moxie first."

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Nothing.

The forest remained empty.

The minutes ticked by, without a sign of the star pokemon.

And then, from directly behind Odette, a quiet voice spoke. "Why are you here?"

There behind her, Jirachi had appeared. Her tone was heistant, cautious, and even now she seemed ready to flee at a moments notice as she scrutinized Odette and her companions.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
And then, from directly behind Odette, a quiet voice spoke. "Why are you here?"

There behind her, Jirachi had appeared. Her tone was heistant, cautious, and even now she seemed ready to flee at a moments notice as she scrutinized Odette and her companions.
Odette Startled.PNG
The voice was barely audible, but it caused her to gasp nonetheless. She whipped around in the direction of where it had come from, and did absolutely nothing to hide her shock.

"Jirachi," she gasped.

She wasn't sure why she was so shocked to see her; this is what they'd gone to look for anyway. She supposed she just wasn't expecting her to just...appear to them like this.

The first thing she noticed was how skittish she looked, and Odette made herself take a breath to settle her own internal state.

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
Odile came climbing down the same tree Odette had been leaning against.

"̵H̸e̸y̸ ̵s̵o̸,̷ ̴I̶ ̵h̷a̴v̵e̵n̸'̷t̴-̶-̵"̷

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
Enora hastily wrapped her ribbons around Odile's mouth, effectively silencing her before she could say much more. She sent the demon a stern look; one that said don't say another damn word.

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
Well, what the fuck had Enora so twisted? Didn't they just spend the evening singing to each other? She figured they'd be a little more friendly at this--

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of star-shaped yellow. Bordering that little white body. And little dangly things.

Oh.

Odette Startled.PNG
Thanks gods Enora was here. Odette held her breath for a second, praying covering Odile's mouth would be enough to shut her up.

When no wisecracks came, Odette began to rub her hands together. Was she nervous? This thing gave off such stray Glameow energy that now she was worried she was going to say or do the wrong thing and make her fly off.

"I--" she stammered. "If you want my honest answer? We're in a lot of trouble. Desperate, even." Her tone was earnest, and even the slightest bit forlorn. "I'm assuming you know what's been going on here, and I figured, if there was a mythic who might know something, or even how to help, it would be you." Her fingers moved to gingerly scratch her own cheek as she suddenly found brief solace in staring at the ground. Maybe if she made herself look disarmed, Jirachi would be less jumpy.

"I'm not here to cause a problem." She felt like she needed to say that. Maybe this mythic was so nervous because she definitely had heard about the Manaphy thing. "I really just want to help. Or find some answers."

Odette sincerely hoped Jirachi would know she wasn't joking. Or that she wasn't a hostile party. Hostile in general, maybe, but she didn't fucking stab anybody...

"I apologize if I caught you at a bad time."

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I know... I know whats been happening, you are not the first to call on my aid." There seemed to be forced eveness to her tone. She paused, studying Odette further. Manaphy had told her of what happened at the cove, though she hadn't be surprised. And Celebi said that she'd met a trustworthy human here with an Espeon. That didn't worry her. Her gaze shifted briefly to Odile, then back to Odette.

"I sense in you a troubled spirit." She felt sure - or at least, she wanted to believe Odette. Manaphy said she was a good one. Clink too. But there was the prickling unease in the back of Jirachi's mind that she got from them. "I'll offer what aid I can but I need to know you are one who can be trusted."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I sense in you a troubled spirit." She felt sure - or at least, she wanted to believe Odette. Manaphy said she was a good one. Clink too. But there was the prickling unease in the back of Jirachi's mind that she got from them. "I'll offer what aid I can but I need to know you are one who can be trusted."
Odette Nervous.PNG
That's...not what she was expecting. Of course a psychic mythic would be able to sense that her spirit was anything but sound, but she wasn't expecting that to come up. Then again, with the bullshit happening around all these mythics, of course they'd want to be sure they were dealing with somebody who wasn't a nutjob. And the way Jirachi glanced toward Odile wasn't lost on her.

"...I don't think that's necessarily...wrong..." she managed. No point in trying to lie about it; Jirachi would probably be able to sense that too. "But I'm not...bad...I'm just..."

I'm not a monster, I swear. I swear. I swear.

The word she wanted was "spent."

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
Odile wrestled herself out of Enora's ribbons. "̶I̷f̷ ̵I̵ ̸m̶a̸y̸,̸"̵ she said as she crawled the rest of the way down the tree in order to sit herself next to Odette.

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
"Odile, whatever you have to say, don't."

Odile Thinking.PNG
"̴I̶'̵m̴ ̶n̶o̷t̶ ̸p̵i̴c̸k̴i̵n̵g̵ ̴a̶ ̸d̷a̶m̴n̶ ̷f̷i̵g̷h̷t̵,̷ ̸I̶ ̴j̵u̴s̵t̸ ̶w̶a̵n̸t̷ ̴t̷o̵ ̷f̸u̷c̵k̶i̷n̸'̶ ̵s̶a̸y̵ ̵s̵o̴m̷e̷t̷h̷i̴n̸g̵,̷ ̵f̵o̷r̵ ̴f̸u̵c̶k̶s̸ ̶s̶a̶k̴e̴.̶"̸

Sitting on her knees now, she waved dully at Jirachi. The Jirachi she knew was much more of a little shit, it seemed, so maybe this one was different. Different worlds, you know?

"̷Y̸e̷a̴h̸,̷ ̶h̵i̸,"̵ she greeted nonchalauntly. ̴"̶I̵'̷m̷ ̵V̵e̷n̶i̶r̸a̵.̸ ̴W̴h̶e̴r̵e̷ ̷w̵e̶'̸r̶e̷ ̷f̶r̷o̵m̷ ̴I̸'̴m̶ ̸t̸h̴e̸ ̴L̷e̴g̴e̸n̴d̶a̸r̴y̴ ̸o̶f̸ ̴W̶r̵a̴t̸h̵.̷ ̵T̷h̷a̴t̵ ̷'̶t̴r̸o̶u̶b̶l̵e̷d̷ ̴s̵p̴i̵r̶i̶t̸'̵ ̶b̸u̷l̵l̶s̶h̴i̵t̴ ̷y̶o̵u̴r̶ ̵s̷e̸n̷s̷i̵n̴g̶ ̴p̴r̴o̴b̵a̶b̶l̴y̵ ̸h̶a̸s̴ ̷a̶ ̸l̶o̷t̸ ̵t̸o̴ ̸d̸o̶ ̵w̸i̴t̴h̵ ̴m̴e̴ ̷b̵e̸c̵a̵u̵s̶e̶ ̷I̷'̷m̷ ̷s̵t̴u̷c̶k̵ ̴t̶o̸ ̸h̶e̸r̴.̸ I̶'̸m̴ ̵s̶u̸p̶e̴r̷ ̶d̴e̴m̵o̷n̵i̸c̶ ̶a̴n̶d̶ ̸I̵ ̴c̷a̵r̸r̴y̴ ̶b̴a̵d̸ ̷v̴i̶b̵e̴s̶ ̷a̷n̷d̷ ̵b̶l̵a̸h̵,̸ ̴b̵l̸a̸h̶,̶ ̷b̵l̵a̵h̴,̴ ̸n̷o̷t̸h̸i̷n̸g̴ ̸I̶'̷m̵ ̴n̷o̸t̸ ̷a̸w̸a̵r̸e̴ ̸o̸f̸ ̵o̸r̶ ̸h̵a̸v̴e̵n̴'̷t̷ ̶h̷e̷a̶r̸d̶ ̵b̶e̶f̷o̸r̵e̸.̷'̶

She brushed off her track pants. "̵I̸ ̴c̴a̸n̶'̴t̶ ̴g̷u̴a̴r̵a̷n̸t̸e̸e̴ ̴s̸o̷m̵e̶ ̸o̷f̵ ̴i̷t̶ ̶i̵s̶n̵'̶t̵ ̶c̴o̶m̶i̴n̵g̴ ̷f̵r̸o̷m̵ ̶h̴e̶r̵,̸ ̵t̷h̷o̶u̸g̶h̵.̸ ̸S̸h̷e̴'̷s̴ ̸g̵o̸n̸e̷ ̶t̵h̵r̴o̸u̴g̷h̵ ̶a̴ ̴g̴a̴r̷b̷a̵g̴e̶ ̷d̸i̵s̶p̴o̷s̶a̷l̴ ̶o̸f̴ ̴s̷h̷i̷t̴ ̸i̶n̴ ̷t̶h̴e̶ ̴p̷a̷s̵t̴ ̴t̷h̸r̷e̷e̷ ̸y̷e̴a̴r̴s̸.̴ ̴A̸s̷s̷a̴u̵l̶t̸,̸ ̵g̴e̴t̷t̷i̶n̶g̸ ̵s̴t̸a̶l̷k̴e̷d̶,̴ ̸b̵u̴r̵n̴e̴d̶,̶ ̷s̶e̷n̸t̵ ̴t̶o̶ ̴a̸n̷o̴t̶h̶e̶r̷ ̵d̷i̸m̶e̵n̵s̸i̴o̸n̶,̷ ̵k̸i̴d̴n̴a̸p̶p̴e̸d̶,̶ ̶s̴i̶c̶k̸, l̴o̷s̷i̵n̵g̵ ̴h̸e̸r̸-̴-̸"̵

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
"You made your point."

Odile Thinking.PNG
"̷S̵o̴r̶r̴y̷.̵"̷

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̸B̷u̸t̵ ̸s̷h̴e̸'̵s̵ ̵a̸ ̶s̸u̶p̷e̵r̵ ̶b̴a̴d̸a̶s̷s̷.̸ ̴V̵e̵r̷y̸ ̵s̸m̵a̴r̸t̸,̸ ̵v̵e̴r̵y̷ ̴t̴h̷o̷r̵o̶u̴g̶h̵,̶ ̵v̶e̷r̷y̶ ̷s̸t̷r̶o̵n̴g̸.̴ ̵Y̸o̴u̴ ̵w̵o̸u̴l̷d̷n̷'̶t̷ ̶b̸e̸l̸i̸e̶v̴e̴ ̸i̴t̴ ̵b̷e̷c̸a̸u̷s̵e̶ ̵s̶h̷e̶'̷s̸ ̷t̸h̶e̷ ̶s̶i̷z̸e̸ ̵o̷f̴ ̵a̶n̴ ̶a̴n̴t̴,̴ ̴b̴u̸t̶ ̴s̷h̸e̷'̶s̴ ̶n̸u̴t̷s̷.̴ ̶H̵o̸l̸d̸i̶n̸g̷ ̸h̴e̴r̸ ̸o̶w̵n̴,̵ ̶I̸ ̶m̸e̴a̸n̸.̸ ̶S̸h̶e̸ ̸o̶n̵l̵y̴ ̸b̴l̴o̴w̸s̴ ̸h̷e̴r̷ ̶l̴i̶d̸ ̴b̵e̵c̷a̴u̴s̴e̷ ̸o̸f̴ ̴m̷e̵,̵ ̷b̵u̷t̵ ̶o̷t̵h̸e̷r̵w̷i̴s̵e̸?̷ ̸Y̷o̸u̵ ̴h̶a̵v̸e̶ ̸a̶b̷s̵o̶l̷u̷t̵e̸l̵y̸ ̶n̶o̸ ̶r̵e̴a̷s̸o̶n̸ ̷t̸o̸ ̶n̷o̸t̴ ̶t̵r̷u̵s̶t̸ ̸h̷e̷r̶.̵ A̴n̷y̶ ̵b̵a̵d̵ ̶e̴n̸e̷r̴g̴y̷ ̶t̸h̸a̸t̶ ̶i̷s̵n̵'̴t̵ ̷c̸o̸m̸i̷n̴g̶ ̶f̸r̶o̶m̵ ̸m̵e̸ ̴c̵o̶m̵e̷s̴ ̷f̸r̶o̷m̷ ̵t̷h̵e̵ ̵f̴a̸c̵t̴ ̵t̶h̴a̴t̷ ̵s̴h̷e̶'̶s̶ ̸g̵o̶n̴e̵ ̷t̶h̵r̷o̵u̶g̵h̵ ̴m̸o̴r̸e̴ ̶b̸u̷l̶l̸s̸h̵i̷t̴ ̵t̸h̶a̶n̵ ̸a̴ ̵h̷u̷m̵a̷n̶ ̷l̵i̶k̶e̴ ̴h̴e̶r̸ ̴s̶h̸o̴u̴l̸d̷ ̵b̷e̸ ̶a̴l̶l̷o̴w̷e̶d̷ ̸t̶o̷,̵ ̶w̵h̵i̴c̴h̵ ̴j̵u̴s̸t̸ ̸s̸p̶e̵a̴k̶ ̵o̵f̷ ̸h̵e̸r̶ ̸s̸k̵y̴ ̶f̷u̶c̶k̵i̴n̸g̸ ̷h̵i̵g̶h̸ ̷e̸n̵d̴u̸r̶a̸n̸c̷e̶ ̸i̴f̸ ̵a̵n̴y̵t̴h̶i̴n̶g̶.̷ ̷"

She crossed her arms. "̸A̸n̵d̶ ̵I̶'̸m̸ ̵a̴ ̶p̸s̴y̸c̶h̵o̴p̶a̵t̸h̷i̷c̶ ̸d̶e̸m̵o̴n̷,̷ ̶s̸o̴ ̸I̶ ̸h̶a̶v̶e̷ ̵n̴o̶ ̷r̴e̵a̷l̷ ̵r̴e̴a̸s̶o̴n̴ ̸t̶o̴ ̸t̷e̵l̷l̴ ̸y̸o̴u̷ ̷a̵n̴y̵ ̶o̵f̶ ̷t̵h̵i̷s̵ ̵i̴f̶ ̷I̵ ̷d̸i̷d̸n̶'̸t̷ ̴b̸e̴l̸i̵e̵v̶e̸ ̴i̶t̴.̵ ̸I̶n̸ ̷c̷a̶s̵e̷ ̵y̵o̸u̴ ̴w̷a̶n̴t̴ ̸t̶o̷ ̴a̴s̶s̴u̴m̴e̶ ̷I̸'̷m̴ ̷j̶u̴s̸t̶ ̴y̶a̵n̸k̴i̸n̵g̶ ̶y̴o̴u̶r̵ ̵d̵i̶c̵k̶.̶"̶ ̵She eyed Jirachi up and down."̶O̶r̶.̴.̸.̴w̴h̸a̴t̶e̸v̶e̷r̶.̵"̶

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
View attachment 4076
That's...not what she was expecting. Of course a psychic mythic would be able to sense that her spirit was anything but sound, but she wasn't expecting that to come up. Then again, with the bullshit happening around all these mythics, of course they'd want to be sure they were dealing with somebody who wasn't a nutjob. And the way Jirachi glanced toward Odile wasn't lost on her.

"...I don't think that's necessarily...wrong..." she managed. No point in trying to lie about it; Jirachi would probably be able to sense that too. "But I'm not...bad...I'm just..."

I'm not a monster, I swear. I swear. I swear.

The word she wanted was "spent."

View attachment 4077
Odile wrestled herself out of Enora's ribbons. "̶I̷f̷ ̵I̵ ̸m̶a̸y̸,̸"̵ she said as she crawled the rest of the way down the tree in order to sit herself next to Odette.

View attachment 4078
"Odile, whatever you have to say, don't."

View attachment 4079
"̴I̶'̵m̴ ̶n̶o̷t̶ ̸p̵i̴c̸k̴i̵n̵g̵ ̴a̶ ̸d̷a̶m̴n̶ ̷f̷i̵g̷h̷t̵,̷ ̸I̶ ̴j̵u̴s̵t̸ ̶w̶a̵n̸t̷ ̴t̷o̵ ̷f̸u̷c̵k̶i̷n̸'̶ ̵s̶a̸y̵ ̵s̵o̴m̷e̷t̷h̷i̴n̸g̵,̷ ̵f̵o̷r̵ ̴f̸u̵c̶k̶s̸ ̶s̶a̶k̴e̴.̶"̸

Sitting on her knees now, she waved dully at Jirachi. The Jirachi she knew was much more of a little shit, it seemed, so maybe this one was different. Different worlds, you know?

"̷Y̸e̷a̴h̸,̷ ̶h̵i̸,"̵ she greeted nonchalauntly. ̴"̶I̵'̷m̷ ̵V̵e̷n̶i̶r̸a̵.̸ ̴W̴h̶e̴r̵e̷ ̷w̵e̶'̸r̶e̷ ̷f̶r̷o̵m̷ ̴I̸'̴m̶ ̸t̸h̴e̸ ̴L̷e̴g̴e̸n̴d̶a̸r̴y̴ ̸o̶f̸ ̴W̶r̵a̴t̸h̵.̷ ̵T̷h̷a̴t̵ ̷'̶t̴r̸o̶u̶b̶l̵e̷d̷ ̴s̵p̴i̵r̶i̶t̸'̵ ̶b̸u̷l̵l̶s̶h̴i̵t̴ ̷y̶o̵u̴r̶ ̵s̷e̸n̷s̷i̵n̴g̶ ̴p̴r̴o̴b̵a̶b̶l̴y̵ ̸h̶a̸s̴ ̷a̶ ̸l̶o̷t̸ ̵t̸o̴ ̸d̸o̶ ̵w̸i̴t̴h̵ ̴m̴e̴ ̷b̵e̸c̵a̵u̵s̶e̶ ̷I̷'̷m̷ ̷s̵t̴u̷c̶k̵ ̴t̶o̸ ̸h̶e̸r̴.̸ I̶'̸m̴ ̵s̶u̸p̶e̴r̷ ̶d̴e̴m̵o̷n̵i̸c̶ ̶a̴n̶d̶ ̸I̵ ̴c̷a̵r̸r̴y̴ ̶b̴a̵d̸ ̷v̴i̶b̵e̴s̶ ̷a̷n̷d̷ ̵b̶l̵a̸h̵,̸ ̴b̵l̸a̸h̶,̶ ̷b̵l̵a̵h̴,̴ ̸n̷o̷t̸h̸i̷n̸g̴ ̸I̶'̷m̵ ̴n̷o̸t̸ ̷a̸w̸a̵r̸e̴ ̸o̸f̸ ̵o̸r̶ ̸h̵a̸v̴e̵n̴'̷t̷ ̶h̷e̷a̶r̸d̶ ̵b̶e̶f̷o̸r̵e̸.̷'̶

She brushed off her track pants. "̵I̸ ̴c̴a̸n̶'̴t̶ ̴g̷u̴a̴r̵a̷n̸t̸e̸e̴ ̴s̸o̷m̵e̶ ̸o̷f̵ ̴i̷t̶ ̶i̵s̶n̵'̶t̵ ̶c̴o̶m̶i̴n̵g̴ ̷f̵r̸o̷m̵ ̶h̴e̶r̵,̸ ̵t̷h̷o̶u̸g̶h̵.̸ ̸S̸h̷e̴'̷s̴ ̸g̵o̸n̸e̷ ̶t̵h̵r̴o̸u̴g̷h̵ ̶a̴ ̴g̴a̴r̷b̷a̵g̴e̶ ̷d̸i̵s̶p̴o̷s̶a̷l̴ ̶o̸f̴ ̴s̷h̷i̷t̴ ̸i̶n̴ ̷t̶h̴e̶ ̴p̷a̷s̵t̴ ̴t̷h̸r̷e̷e̷ ̸y̷e̴a̴r̴s̸.̴ ̴A̸s̷s̷a̴u̵l̶t̸,̸ ̵g̴e̴t̷t̷i̶n̶g̸ ̵s̴t̸a̶l̷k̴e̷d̶,̴ ̸b̵u̴r̵n̴e̴d̶,̶ ̷s̶e̷n̸t̵ ̴t̶o̶ ̴a̸n̷o̴t̶h̶e̶r̷ ̵d̷i̸m̶e̵n̵s̸i̴o̸n̶,̷ ̵k̸i̴d̴n̴a̸p̶p̴e̸d̶,̶ ̶s̴i̶c̶k̸, l̴o̷s̷i̵n̵g̵ ̴h̸e̸r̸-̴-̸"̵

View attachment 4080
"You made your point."

View attachment 4079
"̷S̵o̴r̶r̴y̷.̵"̷

View attachment 4077
"̸B̷u̸t̵ ̸s̷h̴e̸'̵s̵ ̵a̸ ̶s̸u̶p̷e̵r̵ ̶b̴a̴d̸a̶s̷s̷.̸ ̴V̵e̵r̷y̸ ̵s̸m̵a̴r̸t̸,̸ ̵v̵e̴r̵y̷ ̴t̴h̷o̷r̵o̶u̴g̶h̵,̶ ̵v̶e̷r̷y̶ ̷s̸t̷r̶o̵n̴g̸.̴ ̵Y̸o̴u̴ ̵w̵o̸u̴l̷d̷n̷'̶t̷ ̶b̸e̸l̸i̸e̶v̴e̴ ̸i̴t̴ ̵b̷e̷c̸a̸u̷s̵e̶ ̵s̶h̷e̶'̷s̸ ̷t̸h̶e̷ ̶s̶i̷z̸e̸ ̵o̷f̴ ̵a̶n̴ ̶a̴n̴t̴,̴ ̴b̴u̸t̶ ̴s̷h̸e̷'̶s̴ ̶n̸u̴t̷s̷.̴ ̶H̵o̸l̸d̸i̶n̸g̷ ̸h̴e̴r̸ ̸o̶w̵n̴,̵ ̶I̸ ̶m̸e̴a̸n̸.̸ ̶S̸h̶e̸ ̸o̶n̵l̵y̴ ̸b̴l̴o̴w̸s̴ ̸h̷e̴r̷ ̶l̴i̶d̸ ̴b̵e̵c̷a̴u̴s̴e̷ ̸o̸f̴ ̴m̷e̵,̵ ̷b̵u̷t̵ ̶o̷t̵h̸e̷r̵w̷i̴s̵e̸?̷ ̸Y̷o̸u̵ ̴h̶a̵v̸e̶ ̸a̶b̷s̵o̶l̷u̷t̵e̸l̵y̸ ̶n̶o̸ ̶r̵e̴a̷s̸o̶n̸ ̷t̸o̸ ̶n̷o̸t̴ ̶t̵r̷u̵s̶t̸ ̸h̷e̷r̶.̵ A̴n̷y̶ ̵b̵a̵d̵ ̶e̴n̸e̷r̴g̴y̷ ̶t̸h̸a̸t̶ ̶i̷s̵n̵'̴t̵ ̷c̸o̸m̸i̷n̴g̶ ̶f̸r̶o̶m̵ ̸m̵e̸ ̴c̵o̶m̵e̷s̴ ̷f̸r̶o̷m̷ ̵t̷h̵e̵ ̵f̴a̸c̵t̴ ̵t̶h̴a̴t̷ ̵s̴h̷e̶'̶s̶ ̸g̵o̶n̴e̵ ̷t̶h̵r̷o̵u̶g̵h̵ ̴m̸o̴r̸e̴ ̶b̸u̷l̶l̸s̸h̵i̷t̴ ̵t̸h̶a̶n̵ ̸a̴ ̵h̷u̷m̵a̷n̶ ̷l̵i̶k̶e̴ ̴h̴e̶r̸ ̴s̶h̸o̴u̴l̸d̷ ̵b̷e̸ ̶a̴l̶l̷o̴w̷e̶d̷ ̸t̶o̷,̵ ̶w̵h̵i̴c̴h̵ ̴j̵u̴s̸t̸ ̸s̸p̶e̵a̴k̶ ̵o̵f̷ ̸h̵e̸r̶ ̸s̸k̵y̴ ̶f̷u̶c̶k̵i̴n̸g̸ ̷h̵i̵g̶h̸ ̷e̸n̵d̴u̸r̶a̸n̸c̷e̶ ̸i̴f̸ ̵a̵n̴y̵t̴h̶i̴n̶g̶.̷ ̷"

She crossed her arms. "̸A̸n̵d̶ ̵I̶'̸m̸ ̵a̴ ̶p̸s̴y̸c̶h̵o̴p̶a̵t̸h̷i̷c̶ ̸d̶e̸m̵o̴n̷,̷ ̶s̸o̴ ̸I̶ ̸h̶a̶v̶e̷ ̵n̴o̶ ̷r̴e̵a̷l̷ ̵r̴e̴a̸s̶o̴n̴ ̸t̶o̴ ̸t̷e̵l̷l̴ ̸y̸o̴u̷ ̷a̵n̴y̵ ̶o̵f̶ ̷t̵h̵i̷s̵ ̵i̴f̶ ̷I̵ ̷d̸i̷d̸n̶'̸t̷ ̴b̸e̴l̸i̵e̵v̶e̸ ̴i̶t̴.̵ ̸I̶n̸ ̷c̷a̶s̵e̷ ̵y̵o̸u̴ ̴w̷a̶n̴t̴ ̸t̶o̷ ̴a̴s̶s̴u̴m̴e̶ ̷I̸'̷m̴ ̷j̶u̴s̸t̶ ̴y̶a̵n̸k̴i̸n̵g̶ ̶y̴o̴u̶r̵ ̵d̵i̶c̵k̶.̶"̶ ̵She eyed Jirachi up and down."̶O̶r̶.̴.̸.̴w̴h̸a̴t̶e̸v̶e̷r̶.̵"̶

Jirachi listened carefully to Odile's words. "I never thought you were bad," she said softly. "Not like whatever is doing this. But if you came to me for help then you want a wish." The barest of tremors could be picked up in her voice.

Which was usually the only reason someone came to her. She kept her expression neutral nonethless. "But wishes are no easy thing to grant, and if your conviction is not ironclad, it would not work." She continued, her voice a little more cheerful new. "That said... I believe you, Odile. I sense your words come from a place of earnestness. I appreciate your honesty."

She turned to Odette again. "Am I correct? You seek my power of wishing to aid you somehow? Or was there another way you required my help?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom