• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Official Signups [CLOSED]

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Player Type: Front-lines, can switch to Support as needed, etc

Character name: Booper

Basic personality: A wooper. Wearing a bowtie. He is cheerful, optimistic, and encouraging to a fault. He has the depth of a shallow pond. Sometimes makes dad jokes. Passive perception probably close to -3, which will become canon as soon as I can purchase the Unaware ability. Life goal is to find two other wooper friends and become three wooper in a trenchcoat.

Pokémon Species: Wooper

Starting build: Shield

Talents: HP, Resistance

Weaknesses: Attack, Magic

RP notes: I have no planned character arc for this guy and am open for anything.

DM control: Full / Partial / None: Full

Front Lines only:

Moves
: Water Gun, Tail Whip

Ability: Water Absorb

Extra Move & Justification: Helping Hand. Booper likes to write reviews for people and generally tries to be a helpful presence, much like a toddler trying to help you fold laundry. Booper will probably also help with rewards and stuff if possible/needed.

anyway ftlulz here's the scrapped Zahhak signup from EoE:
Character name: Zahhak

Basic personality: Zahhak is thrilled to discover that N saved the world and created a separate world for Pokemon. How lovely! It sure is great that this happened. As a deino he's a little miffed about having to do the whole blindness thing again, but on the other hand it feels like the universe is giving him a fresh start. He is very excited to find N in this world now that N is a proper dragon. Enjoys telling stories of a longago place. Has very quickly let go of decades of pent-up anger for his fresh start and it sure is great that nothing will stop him from putting his best foot forward now. Nurturing and supportive of all pokemon; an old soul in a hatchling's body. Generally optimistic, and is very excited that his teeth are growing in again. Sometimes, he has strange dreams about a collapsing building that he does his best to ignore.

Hates all humans on sight. Luckily, there are no humans. Unluckily, he is blind.

Pokémon Species: Deino

Starting build: Strike

Talents: Attack, Stamina

Weaknesses: HP

RP notes: this option was too sad and full of dramatic irony for me to actually play

DM control: Full / Partial / None: Partial

Front Lines only:

Moves
: Tackle, Focus Energy

Ability: Hustle

Extra Move & Justification: Perish Song. Zahhak teaches N a song and then dies. This is canon. Also, Zahhak has dreams of being a champion beatboxer. This is not canon.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Player type: Front Lines

Character name: Astrid

Basic personality: Astrid is an immigrant who traveled to the Water Continent for her career as an explorer. She works at the Expedition Society as a member of Team Carbon, a specialized unit that tends to seek out missions that are far from home, or ones that involve local crime.

Astrid is a touch of careful and a touch of relaxed; she’s not a worry-wart, per se, but she doesn’t like the feeling of not being in control of herself either. She is very curious and will become invested in other people’s problems, big or small. It’s inevitable that she’ll want to get to know everyone, and sometimes her nosiness can get carried away in that regard. She means well, and she’s not blissfully unaware or stubborn or anything, but she does have a penchant for diving into things headfirst. Detail is not her strong suit.

Besides all that, though, Astrid is used to putting up with aloof/irresponsible teammates, so it isn’t typically in her character to lash out at that sort of thing. She’s chill—pun intended.

Pokémon Species: Vulpix-Alolan

Starting build: Boon

Talents: Big Resistance (+0.2)

Weaknesses: Big Attack (-0.2)

RP notes: I may make a suggestive joke here and there, but I’ll have that sort of thing toned down for the most part. I’m putting it out there that I’m really not a fan of godmoding, even if it’s a minor thing... though I have little issue with the DM doing it if it’s reasonable.

DM control: Full. If you have to take control of her, try to limit dialogue.

Moves: Powder Snow, Tail Whip, Freeze Dry

Ability: Snow Cloak

Extra Move & Justification: She knows Freeze Dry in GoP. It was an egg move passed onto her from her parents in her tropical tribe. It gave her a great advantage against the numerous Water Pokemon that lived in that area, and it’s one of her go-to moves on the regular. She finds the best uses for it are in underwater caves and as a way to keep Helli in check by threatening to make his Dry Skin ten times worse.

Preferred difficulty: The hardest one lol

FL / Support number: 1 — though, out of respect for new players, I am content with moving to Support on sparse occasions if someone else wants the opportunity to play, but can’t.

Last edited:

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Player type: Support

Character name: Seyka

Basic Personality: Somewhat of a fatalist who nevertheless loves to please.

Pokemon species: Skarmory

Starting Build: Boon

Talents: HP / Stamina

Weaknesses: Magic / Defense

RP Notes: Haha, I've not done much rp, but I'm all for learning. No preferences otherwise.

DM Control: Full

I think this is right! I need to be a more productive community member after all.

Brisa Escarpa

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Player Type: Front Lines
Character Name: Brisa Escarpa
Aliases: Brisket, Bzzap, Breccia, Bolas, Bitch, Bronte, Zeraora of the Outworlds
Species: Mountain Luxray and ascendant Zeraora...?
Ultra Familiar: Zeraora Luz
Shadow: Sombra

DM control: Full
Basic Personality: Somewhat terse, and uncomfortable with uncertainty in social interactions, but is protective of the vulnerable and fundamentally kind. Turns out that she goes real quiet in group settings, and becomes earnest and flustered in the company of a gal she likes.
RP notes: Can't abide nonconsensual intimacy but that's unlikely to come up, huh? For practical purposes I don't have RP limits.
Quick cheat sheet to writing Brisa:
Motivations are to protect others, feel wanted, be of right mind and conduct, learn new things, kick ass, bump noses with pretty gals.
There are three default modes for her in a conversation depending on the context.
Roughlander: terse, laconic, combat-oriented, distrustful. Comes out when under threat. "Keep still. Quit talking. I'm reckoning something."
Townie: polite, articulate, rambly, self conscious. Comes out when faced with a conundrum. "That's as may be, but considerin' the opportunity cost of such an enterprise, I, ah, can't say I find it a sound proposal!"
Ranger: affectionate, casual, bold, earnest. Comes out when relaxed around friends. "I oughta tell you, it was quite somethin' seein' you put the moves on that fella! You can watch my back any time."
Also just pepper her dialogue with ain'ts, fuckin's and goddamns. Sometimes swears on salt and sand, or wind and weather.

Talents/Weaknesses: +0.4 Attack, +0.4 Stamina, +0.2 HP, -0.3 Defense, -0.3 Resistance, -0.4 Magic
Ability: Guts
Extra Move & Justification: Thunder Cage. Brisa is an exceptionally powerful fighter in her homeworld, the daughter of a human hero from another world and his native partner. As a Ranger, she uses a technique very like Regieleki's 'Thunder Cage' to restrain and subdue outlaws.
Brisa's Blacklight:

Name
Type​
Power
Stamina
Target
Form
Effect
Bright Arcflash
Radiant​
-​
-​
Self​
Blacklight Boost​
Used automatically on Turn 0 only. Adds 100 to burn the user. Raises Resistance by +1. User's first Electric attack will have 50% more power on the next turn.​
Radiant Arrest
Radiant​
-​
10​
Target​
Status​
Adds 100 to the target's Paralyze status and Speed debuff.​
Shining Whiplash
Radiant​
-​
20​
Target​
Status​
Chains into a targeted attack, and adds 296 fixed damage and +50 Paralysis to that attack's properties. If this attack is Magic, it instead uses the user's Attack stat. The user can also Call the target during this action.​
Brilliant Paragon
Radiant​
-​
40​
Self and Ally​
Status​
The user and an ally (or the user if no ally is present) lose 25% max HP and gain +2 Atk, +2 Spd, and +1 Protect shield. User gains +2 Charge and the Paragon status, which generates another +1 Charge per turn.​
Shadow Maul
Shadow​
65​
10​
Target​
Physical​
Does double damage if the target is afflicted by a status ailment.​
Umbral Overcharge
Shadow​
0​
20​
Target​
Status​
Chains into another move. User can apply either a Sure Crit status or a Rainbow status to the move. For the turn, all non-Blacklight moves are Electric-type.​
Void Arcstrike
Shadow​
120​
40​
Target​
Physical​
Half power unless the user suffers a status condition. This attack is treated as if it were Electric-type for everything except type effectiveness. Power increases by 25% when exposed to Brilliant Flarestrike. May inherit the type effectiveness of that move when used on the same target.​
Blacklight Z-Burst
Rad/Shd/BL​
-​
-​
Target​
Phys/Mag​
Grants +2 Valor. Type is determined by if the user's corruption. Fails if uncorrupted. Can only be used once per battle, as the user's final action for the turn. Power is equal to the sum of the user's corruption. Prior to attacking, sets the user's HP and Stamina to half and the user will not be able to heal beyond that amount for the rest of the fight (or 75% if fully overhealed), staggers the user, and disables all Reviver items. Incurable.​
Blacklight Tenacity
Blacklight​
-​
-​
Self​
Blacklight Ability​
All Electric-type moves the user performs gain +50 Paralysis. Additionally, their Burn status is incurable, and heals rather than hurts.​
Brisa's Eternal Spirit
Eterna​
-​
-​
Self​
Eternal Spirit​
Once per battle, if Brisa has Paragon active at the start of her turn, she can spend 1 Charge as a free action to grant the effect to all Electric attacks that turn and gain +1 action. Before the end of this turn, all stamina spent will be refunded.​

Round One

Round Two

Round Three

Round Four

Round Five

Round Six

Last edited:

Maneki

Now Playing: Crystal Castles - Reckless
Pronouns
Feminine - She/Her
Player Type: Front Lines; however much like others applying for the role - if the pressure gets too much, a Support swap might be a option I won't be passing up.
Interest [FL and Support]: 2/3 - mostly because the bits of both fit me as well.
Difficulty Preference: Normal at start, then see how we feel.
==========

mienfoo.gif

Character Name: Wren

Basic Personality: Wren, as a character, is the type of girl who tries to keep her chin up even in the darkest of times. A friendly, determined and honest soul, her efforts to obtain her idea of perfection through hard work, prompt her to never give up until something is good enough, in her mind. [She's basically the Star Arcana, if you've played Persona games.]

Pokémon Species: #619 - Mienfoo

Starting build: Hex / Strike / Boon / Heal / Shield

Talents: HP / Stamina / Attack / Magic / Defense / Resistance

Weaknesses: HP / Stamina / Attack / Magic / Defense / Resistance

RP notes: No Content Warnings here for Wren's backstory.
I don't enjoy writing non-consent for intimacy (...but that won't really be a problem here i think), Excessive gore also is a no go as well. Other than those two things, i'm open for just about anything.
As a note for myself: Even though the story she comes from has not been written/uploaded yet (but that will SOON change, through the word crawl hopefully), i'm hoping to take Wren from before chapter 1.

DM control: None at the start; as I kinda want to see what direction i'm going to be taking her. Once i've settled into a niche for her and everyone's had some time to get to know her/learn the ropes of her character, i'm ok with passing the reigns to the DM for Full control.

[Front Lines]

Moves:
Detect - lvl. 1 - "This move enables the user to protect itself from all attacks. Its chance of failing rises if it is used in succession."
Pound - lvl. 1 - "The target is physically pounded with a long tail, a foreleg, or the like."

Ability: Regenerator - "Restores a little HP when withdrawn from battle."

Extra Move:
Lash Out - Gen 8 Tutor Move [illegal move?: yes] - "The user lashes out to vent its frustration toward the target. If its stats were lowered during the turn, the power of this move is doubled."
Justification - When it comes to her emotions, Wren is...not that good with dealing with a lot of stress, despite her more determined trait. Push her to her breaking point and the combination of pressure and emotional turmoil would cause her to lash out.

MidnightMutetation

Reviewing 'til I drop~
Pronouns
Her/She
Player type: Support, because I feel I won't get in the way as much when it comes to hardcore strategising :sweats:

Character Name: Angela Springer

Basic Personality: Slightly awkward around people unfamiliar to her, but will do her best to push it aside when necessary. She will also do her best to live up to expectations she thinks others have of her, but whether she is able to actually do so is another question. When not under pressure, she has a tendency to slip into the background to observe everything and everyone (and would take pictures if she could bring a camera along :( )

Pokemon Species: Buneary (Formerly human)

Starting Build: Strike

Talents: Stamina, Attack

Weaknesses: Defence, Resistance

RP Notes: Absolutely fine with anything, although I'd like a heads-up if the other player wants to do a scene with conflict/sexual references/innuendos/undertones/anything that would require a trigger warning. I will do the same (although I don't think I will be doing it much, if at all).

DM Control: Full

Moves: Splash, Pound, Copycat (Extra)

Ability: Run Away

Extra Move & Justification: Angela normally uses photographs to be able to copy others' fighting styles when she trains, but when she loses her camera, Angela has to rely solely on her memory and sight instead. Exertion of her body and aura over the course of months eventually unlocked a new move: Copycat, a move reminiscent of how she copies others when she teaches herself.

Last edited:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his

Character name: Zane

Basic personality: “Hates” everyone and everything. Just wants to go home.

Pokémon Species: zangoose

Starting build: boon/shield

Talents: Choose up to three from: HP / Stamina /

Weaknesses: Magic/Attack

RP notes: I’m down for anything. He’s a grump up front, but there’s some cadbury cream to this egg.

DM control: if you need Zane to do something, let me know, but I would rather write the post myself.

Front Lines only:

Moves: Leer and Scratch

Ability (No hidden abilities) : Immunity

Extra Move & Justification: Follow Me: he has a very punchable face.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
I'll bite. I might as well be a part of this, even if minimally. I see that Ethereal technically has no character role, but if you want to sue mine like OldSchoolJohto's, here's one! And if not, I'm content to just spectate from afar.

Player type: Ethereal

(Support and Front Lines)

Character name: Breloom (I never came up with a specific name for him lolz)

Basic personality: Jumpy, joyful, and always eager! If there's a problem to be solved, you can bet that Breloom will try his hardest to solve it--though he may com up with the most convoluted solution possible. He's always itching for a fight, and always loves to make new friends. He also likes cuddles (even if he's a bit too big for them now).

Pokémon Species: Breloom

Starting build: (Even if you're Front Lines, do this just in case it gets crowded) strike

Talents: Choose up to three from: Stamina / Attack

Weaknesses: Magic / Resistance

RP notes: Have at it and do as you will

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
Squeaking in before August 1st!

Player type: Support (may switch over to ethereal later on, if that's all right.)

Character name: Midnight Silk

Basic personality: Midnight Silk is a quick-talking charmer. She's trying to be reformed, but her first instincts tend towards lying her way out of difficult situations and filching anything that's not nailed down (or is nailed down, really.)

Backstory: After living an exciting, prodigious, and eventful life of crime, Midnight Silk died. She wasn't the kind of person to let a little thing like that get in her way, however, so she conned her way into becoming the assistant of Yveltal, hoping to steal her life back. Somehow, she ended up conning herself into a selfless act that set right the balance of the world. Now Yveltal and Xerneas are giving her a second chance to do something with her life and be remembered as a hero. She plans to make the most of it.

Pokémon species: Meowstic

Talents: HP, Magic

Weaknesses: Attack, Stamina

Moves: Fake-out, Disarming Voice, Mean Look

Ability: Infiltrator

Extra Move & Justification: Covet. Because she's a thief :)

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
Player type: Front Lines (Interest level 2)

Character name: Jaro Firesong

Basic personality: Belligerent and outspoken, Jaro often finds himself winding up in fights he can't win.
Has an obstinate streak and NEVER! GIVES! UP! when fighting for his principles, which he considers more important than loyalty to individual persons. (Lately Jaro's been wondering if that isn't just an excuse he's been using to ignore the harm he's done to people...) Long periods of time spent alone have led to him acquiring a philosophical bent, and a tendency to question everything, especially his own beliefs. He really, desperately wants to be a hero, and would jump at any chance provided to become one. Tries to be kind.

Pokémon Species: Jigglypuff (Jaro was born directly as a Jigglypuff instead of an Igglybuff; this is considered to be a sort of birth defect in his culture, as mon born this way grow up faster but have shorter lifespans, and are at greater risk of certain disabilities. In Jaro's case, he can't use the move sing, and has unusually poor special attack.)

Talents: Stamina (+0.2), HP (+0.1)

Weaknesses: Magic (-0.2), Resistance (-0.1)

RP notes: I don't think there's anything in particular to note here, other than to say that although the personality description might make Jaro sound like a lone wolf, he is willing to work with others when they have common cause.

DM control: Partial

Preferred Difficulty: Fine with either Hard or Lunatic

Front Lines only:

Moves: Pound, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Copycat

Ability: Cute Charm

Extra Move & Justification: Technically none, but Sweet Kiss is the only move I chose that Igglybuff couldn't also get at level 1 in either Generation 7 or 8.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Player type: Ethereal

that's all lol

Character name: Nate (don't call him ███ █████ ████████ ██████)

Basic personality: Rude, sullen, and prone to angry outbursts, Nate isn't what you might call a people person. How Diyem managed to tempt him along on a cross-dimensional mission is unclear, but he must believe something dear is on the line or he wouldn't be here. As far as he's concerned, he's here to do a job and get home as quickly as possible--he certainly has no interest in making friends. He'll leave you alone as long as you don't bother him, but any attempt to strike up conversation is likely to be rebuffed in the harshest terms.

Nate's stubborn and as dogged in battle as he is in everyday life, but he's much better at strategizing and commanding than he is at actually fighting.

Pokémon Species: Mudkip

Starting build: Hex

Talents: HP, Stamina

Weaknesses: Attack

RP notes: I don't have any plans to actually RP with Nate, but in the event that I do, Nate is MEAN and will be mean to your character, so don't ask to play with him unless you think that would be fun. He also curses constantly, so avoid him if strong language makes you uncomfortable.

Round Two

[Group Scene] Visitors from Across Time - A corrupted Balm attacks Nate
[Dave] Dave and Nate on the Beach - Dave and Nate meet... on the beach!

Round Three

[Group Scene] A Radiant Boost - Nate acquires Radiance... or does he?
[Group Scene] Investigation Preparations - Nate interrogates Truffle and prepares to go slug-hunting
[Truffle, Lauchzelot] The Great Slug Hunt - Nate captures slug!Rocky
[Group Scene] Darkwhite's Challenge - Darkwhite appears!

Round Four

[Group Scene] A Hasty Escape - Brisa and Starr are missing! Why isn't anyone doing anything about it?
[Group Scene] Chip and the Shades - Mewtwo, here? Rocky gets his Ultra Stone, and Nate acquires a few extras, just in case.
[Skara] Slugs and Stones - Nate teaches Araun to say "fuck."
[Boss Battle] Vs Shadow Machine - Nate goes shadow.

Round Five

[Dave] Victory Drinks - Team Spectrum won against the Shadow Machine, and everything is fine.
[Cino] Nate, Cino, and His Shadow - Nate teaches Cino to say "fuck."
[Owen] Liability - Owen gives Nate (more) anxiety.
[Group Scene] Cosmog's Memories - Cosmog's past sounds uncomfortably familiar.
[Seyka] A Day at the Beach - Seyka tries to fly.
[Pop] Looking for a Favor - Pop refuses to send Nate home and gives Rocky a special gift.
[Boss Battle] Vs Blacklight Dragon - Giovanni appears, and Nate runs away.

Round Six

[Group Scene] Return from the Reverse World - Nate gives Skara a hand.
[Giovanni] On Mewtwo - Nate wants to pick Cosmog's brain--or his memories.
[Cuicatl] If You Give a Dragon a Lump - Cuicatl evolves! It's horrifying.
[Cuicatl] One Head was Better than Two - Nate escorts Cuicatl to the infirmary.
[Buffet] Missing Persons - Nate has a lot of questions about this whole "Voice of Life" thing.
[Rocky] New Old Friends - Rocky hatches!
[Darkwhite, Rocky] Reverse Psychology - Nate tries to figure Darkwhite out.
[Boss Battle] Vs Shield and Rayquaza - Nate helps bring Silver's pokémon back to Cosmog.

Round Seven

[Seyka, Rocky] Real, Not Fake Ice to Skate With - Seyka and Rocky try ice skating.
[Group Scene] Shield Rematch - Darkwhite spills the beans on Giovanni's hideout.
[Maple, Rocky] About your 25-foot Evil Glowing Boyfriend - Nate has some questions about Joule.
[Group Scene] Investigating the Rocket Hideout - Nate rescues junk from Giovanni's lair.
[Group Scene] Team Spectrum Returns - The team returns some of Maple's mate's... pieces. Nate decides to head straight for Chip's lab and not think about it.
[Mia, Rocky] Best Morph Buddies - Nate and Rocky meet Mia. Rocky shows off a few of his special qualities. Nate gets entirely the wrong impression of Mia's relationship with Dave.
[Boss Battle] Vs Darkwhite and Ho-Oh - Nate rescues eterna!Darkwhite from Giovanni...

Round Eight

[Group Scene] Sword - ...and lays plans...
[Group Scene] Giovanni vs Karat - ...and watches Giovanni steal her back again.
[Dave, Mia, Rocky] Come to Pasta Plaza if You Want an Ass-Kicking - Nate takes his frustrations out on Dave.
[Solo Rocky, Millijoule] The Awesome Adventures of Mr. Super Cool Space Dragon, Esq. - Rocky probes Millijoule for stories of Joule's adventures and announces his intention to join the God Squad once the Blacklight incident ends.
[Group Scene] Magic Cybersecurity Lessons - A very hungover and out-of-sorts Nate grills Chip and Reshiram about the spoofed badge signal that left Destiny Village undefended. Cosmog evolves!
[Bean, Buffet, Rocky] Give a Dog Bone's Bone - Nate brings the club recovered from Giovanni's lab to Bean, in hopes that dog!zygarde might be able to track the missing marowak down.
[Bahamut, Rocky] Habits of the Obligate Celestial - Nate asks Bahamut for help understanding what happened to Cosmog and if there's any way to wake him up.
[Chip, Rocky, Silver] All Kinda Sus - Back to Chip's lab! Badge chicanery, pokéballs, and a discussion of missing persons. Nate tries to talk to Silver's team and draws them some shitty pictures.
[Boss Battle] Vs Radiant Machine - Dave catches Nate, and then Nate catches Deoxys.

Round Nine

[Group Scene] Blacklight that Burns the Sky - Team Spectrum returns victorious from their battle with Giovanni, only to find Destiny Village in danger from a rampaging Joule. Arceus can only hold time back for so long...
[Cuicatl, Rocky] She Will Dismember You - Coco hatches!
[Chip, Zekrom, and Rocky] On the Practical Applications of Moon Lasers - Nate consults with Chip and Zekrom on a way to stop the Blacklight blast from wiping out the city, how to make Cosmoem evolve, and the ethics of pokéballs.
[Pop, Rocky] What Must be Done - Nate and Pop discuss Pop's plans to stop Joule's attack--which sound just a little suicidal.
[Starr, Rocky] The Big R - Nate acquires some snazzy new fashion to help Cosmoem evolve. He talks Rocket and training with Starr.
[Diyem, Rocky] The Depression Olympics - Nate visits Diyem and Cosmoem in the infirmary, intending to give Cosmoem his ribbon, and ends up learning far more about Diyem's past than he was expecting.
[Solo Rocky, Puff] A Walk in the Park - Rocky tries to convince Puff to use the newspaper to call on Destiny Village's residents to lend Pop their hope in the upcoming battle.
[Boss Battle] Vs Joule - Half the team dies, and Nate and Rocky try to save Pop's life.

Round Ten

[Group Scene] Joule's Return - Around half of Team Spectrum straggles back into town.
[Group Scene] Pop's Final Step - Nate meets Pop's insurance policy.
[Group Scene, Solo Rocky] Aftermath of the Voice of Blacklight - Rocky checks in on Pop.
[Mia] Nate and Mia - Nate and Mia discuss Dave (and Rocky).
[Solo Rocky, Koa] The Funnest Place in the Universe - Rocky gives Koa a tour.
[Starr] The Search - Nate and Starr investigate Giovanni's whereabouts on the Mist Continent.
[Starr] The Search for Giovanni - Nate and Starr's search leads them to a twisted, Blacklight-infected dungeon, and a terrifying encounter with some familiar faces...
[Group Scene] The Plan - Diyem affords Team Spectrum a momentary glimpse of their lost teammates and comes clean about his intentions on Cibus. The team debates how to handle Maple and their impending trip to the Tree of Life.
[Solo Rocky, Ivy] Flowers for Satanzard - Rocky and Ivy pick out some flowers for their friends in the infirmary.
[Giovanni] Sway of the Stars - Cosmoem evolves!
[Giovanni, Chip] That's a Moon, Alright - Lunala and Nate visit Chip to see if he can help them figure out what's wrong with the moon.
[Lauchzelot] The Knight from Fetcheim - Nate reconnects with Lauchs, to his dismay.
[Shield, Karat] Phantoms - Nate seeks Shield and Karat's help in a return to Moonlit Forest--and learns of some unsettling Darkwhite sightings.
[Group Scene] Giovanni's Downfall - It turns someone took care of Team Spectrum's Giovanni problem for them.
[Boss Battle] Vs Red - The sort of battle Rocky's always dreamed of--against the legendary champion, Red!

Round Eleven

[Group Scene] Giovanni, Defeated? - Nate tries to untangle the situation around Giovanni and Red.
[Astrid, Miles, Blacklight Mewtwo] Flatlining - Nate and Astrid try to figure out what's going on with the Blacklight Mewtwo's fugue state and receive a strange vision.
[Group Scene] Come Out and Play, Sword - Nate leads a second expedition into Moonlit Forest in search of Darkwhite.
[Joule] The Eight-Foot Unevil Not-Glowing Boyfriend (and the Moon) - Nate wants to know: can Joule fly him to the moon? Apparently not, but it seems shades react quite strangely to his presence...
[Solo Rocky, Puddle, Cola] Team Usurpers - Pop and Cola haven't been getting along too well, and before Rocky knows it he's caught up in a plan to overthrow God.
[Starr, Rocky] On Seriously Evil Bastards - Nate and Starr talk Giovanni, spies, and a certain moon bat.
[Boss Battle] Vs Worldcore - That shithead finally starts to put his cards on the table.

Round Twelve

[Starr, Giovanni] Ghosts of the Past - Lunala's true identity, revealed!
[Starr, Giovanni, Silver] Giovanni and Silver - Nate and Starr look for answers about Giovanni and Silver's true identities and their time on Telum. Silver's team is reunited with their trainer at last! And what's up with Diyem...?
[Group Comms] Everything is Safe - Something is really not right with Diyem.
[Solo Rocky, Puddle, Cola, Soda] The Super-Secret Meeting of Team Usurpers - Rocky desperately tries to convince Cola not to join up with Soda.
[Solo Rocky, Pop] The Soft Drink Conundrum - Rocky tries to solve Pop and Cola's relationship problems so that neither of them dies.
[Solo Rocky, Puddle, Cola] Secret Meeting #2 - Pop and Cola have a heart to heart.
[Group Scene] Confronting Maple - Nate seeks some proof that Maple has Telum's Dark Matter hidden within her.
[Group Scene] Soft Drink Resolutions - Soda encourages Cola to make up with Pop at last. It's all very heartwarming until Blacklight Mewtwo finally comes to life, flying straight for the baby arceus...
[Rocky, Mia, Dave] Dave, Mia, Nate and Rocky Discuss Going Into the Light - Dave, Rocky, and Mia work out their feelings about Joule absorbing Millijoule and whether he might come for other familiars next.
[Boss Battle] Vs Tree of Life - Nate shows up to throw down at the Tree of Life and gets KO'd immediately.

Round Thirteen

[Group Scene] Rally - Tempers run high after a disappointing outcome in the Tree of Life. The true nature of the familiars is revealed!
[Group Scene] Space: the Final Frontier - Space is much more dangerous than Rocky could have imagined.
[Starr] Roommate Drama - Nate wants to invite Silver to live with him and Starr, but ends up tripping and falling directly onto Starr's issues when he brings it up.
[Group Comms] Space Transmissions - Nate is not amused by Rocky's moon shot.
[Seyka, Rocky] When Your Pet Rock Wanders Off - Nate and Seyka venture into the Moonlit Forest to retrieve Rocky and encounter some extra-spooky phantasms along the way. Nate evolves!
[Rocky] When You Get Your Pet Rock Back Again - Nate and Rocky have a heart to heart on the beach.
[Diyem, Toast] Matters of the Heart of Darkness - Nate goes to check on how Diyem's doing after all the drama at the Tree of Life. The answer? Not super well!
[Puddle, Groudon, Rocky] Behold, the Hot and Spicy Crayfish - Puddle and Rocky seek a way to revive Deoxys after his encounter with the moon laser.
[Owen] Secrets - Nate and Owen make plans for the return to the Tree of Life.
[Boss Battle] Vs Tree of Life II - While the majority of the team battles in Maple's Voidlands, Nate returns to the Tree of Life with a handful of others to confront Eien and find Xerneas.

Round Fourteen

[Group Scene] Maple Returns - Maple's back--but Eien isn't. There's a lot to chew over as the crisis at the Tree of Life grows worse.
[Puddle, Karat, Rocky] First(?) Contact - Karat has been alarmingly silent ever since he was given some options for restoring Deoxys. What has he been up to?
[Bahamut] The Empty Throne - Nate flags down Bahamut to get his last pokéball back and recruit the necrozma for a rescue mission in Diyem's Voidlands.
[Group Scene] Operation Save BLM2 - Nate and a handful of other Team Spectrum members dive into Diyem's Voidlands to try and rescue Blacklight Mewtwo.
[Starr, Silver] One of the Team - Starr and Silver discuss their pasts.
[Dave, Brisa, Chip] The Parasites - A small team investigates the parasites recovered from Starr and Blacklight Mewtwo. What's their goal, and can they be reasoned with?
[Group Scene] Darkness, Light, and Life - A battle between Diyem and Maple gets rather out of hand.
[Boss Battle] Vs Eien - Nate makes a bargain with Rocky, and Rocky hatches at last.

Round Fifteen

[Dave] Parasites, Take Two - Nate and Dave return to the lab to make another try at communicating with the parasites. Nate gives Dave a gift.
[Rocky, Mia, Dave] Family Matters - Mia and Rocky try out their new abilities and new senses and discuss their potential futures. Dave joins the group for hotdogs.
[Boss Battle] Vs Soda - At last, Nate and Rocky (and everyone else) get to go to the moon. In the end, the Eternal Blacklight escapes--but at least it didn't take anyone down with it.

Round Sixteen

[Group Scene] Where it All Began - So apparently there was a whole other team taking on a Blacklight on some completely other Cibus, and Diyem just invited them over for tea. Or training. Or something. And none of them used to be human? Really?
[Lucius, Rocky] Another Path - Nate and Rocky learn more about Lucius and his team's adventures.
[Solo Rocky] Stubborn - Rocky tries to coax Nate's shadow from its hiding place under the house, to no effect.
[Solo Rocky, Echo] The Monkey and the Bat Went Hunting - Rocky enlists Echo's help to find a feral pokémon to cheer Nate's shadow up.
[Blacklight Mewtwo, Rocky, Toast] The Big Bad - Nate and Rocky go to see how Blacklight Mewtwo's doing, now that he's strong enough to have visitors.
[Maple, Rocky] Misplaced Darkness - Nate and Rocky go to find out more about Maple's post-Blacklight plans and end up playing relationship counselors to she and Joule.
[Mergo, Rocky] Slippery Characters - Nate tries to probe Mergo for information about the battle his team had against the Eternal Blacklight.
[Ben, Rocky] The Tide Goes Out - Rocky and Ben discuss saying goodbye and the possibility of future reunions. Rocky doesn't get the answers he wants.
[Boss Battle] Vs Miracle Matters - An exhibition battle that's all about flashy attacks and hope? Not much for Nate to do here.

Round Seventeen

[Starr, Rocky] The Final Challenge - Starr and Rocky defeat the Curry Bowl Challenge.
[Group Scene] A Moment for Hope - Team Spectrum lays plans for their final attack on the Eternal Blacklight's realm.
[Group Comms] Otherworldly Zygarde - An Overseer shows up, looking for Diyem, and Nate freaks out about it.
[Group Scene] Overseer's Arrival - Nate makes his disdain for the Overseers known.
[Rocky] New Friends - Rocky introduces a swinub to Nate's shadow and accidentally introduces Nate to his shadow's whereabouts.
[Aria, Rocky] Cross Reactive - Rocky and Aria investigate Nate's Radiance.
[Boss Battle] Vs Eternal Blacklight - The final battle takes place in the Blacklight's own realm. Cibus is saved, Diyem acquires another kid, and Nate feels more alone than ever.

Epilogue

[Mergo, Rocky] Hidden Truths - Nate has a question for Mergo about the nature of truth.
[Owen, Rocky, Shadow Mudkip] Shades of Regret - Nate's secret comes out, and Owen tries to mediate between him and his shadow.
[Rocky] Tuning In - Nate and Rocky work out their differences, and Nate resolves to treat his familiar better in their final days on Cibus.
[Seyka, Rocky] The Tide Goes Out (Again) - A simple goodbye turns unexpectedly depressing.
[Shadow Mudkip, Shadow] Shadow Play - Nate and Dave's shadows have the kind of conversation their normal selves never could.
[Brisa, Luz, Rocky] Passing in the Night - Brisa and Luz meet up with Nate and Rocky for a first last drink before leaving Cibus.
[Rocky] Tuning Out - Nate sets out to get rid of his shadow for good. Rocky intervenes and absorbs the shadow instead, leaving Nate shaken and uneasy and Rocky with a new look.
[Group Scene] Farewell, Team Spectrum - A final goodbye to Cibus, Team Spectrum, and Rocky.

Last edited:

Shadow of Antioch

Viaggiatore
Pronouns
he/his
Partners
  1. charmeleon

Character name: Flame

Basic personality: Pensive, kind, passionate when necessary

Pokémon Species: Charmander

Starting build: Heal

Talents: Stamina / Magic / Resistance

Weaknesses: Attack / HP / Defence

RP notes: I'm happy to do anything!

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
Player type: Front Line (value 2)

Character name: Cino

Basic personality: Curious, kind, gullible at times, not the smartest

Pokémon Species: Minccino

Talents: HP, Attack, Defense (big)

Weaknesses: Magic (big), Resistance

RP notes: Normally open to do whatever, but please no sudden pvp scenes, or big (non plot) group scenes with over four other people.

DM Control: Full (because I might not be here for some of the boss fights, timezones suck)

Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Pound, Protect (extra)

Ability: Technician

Extra move & justification (Protect): Due to Cino having a shared body with a certain something (story related), his body normally would be almost indestructible. Sadly, I don't think this is possible here, so he'll use Protect to simulate the indestructibleness of him (yes I know Protect can be bypassed shut up :P )

Auto Allocating Points:
ATK -> HP -> STM -> DEF -> RES.

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Player type: Support (I dunno how active I'm gonna be, especially as I'm trying to be more active in at least one other RP, and I'm honestly more interested in the actual RPing than the fights. But I wanna give this a try.)

Character name: Mithos

Basic personality: Immature, manic collector, snarky, but willing to work with others for a common goal

Pokémon Species: Mew

Starting build: Hex

Talents: Choose up to three from: Attack / Magic

Weaknesses: Defense / Resistance

RP notes: WAAPT put me through the wringer lol, I'm good with anything

DM control: Partial, may move to full later

Last edited:
Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
The story this character's from hasn't been written yet (said Phoenix, stating the obvious); with luck, I'll be able to get the setting and an actual plot solidified in time for NaNo, maybe, probably, a little bit, um. But I'm hoping that other people poking at me with RP things will prompt me to make some decisions!

Character name: Skara

Basic personality: Skara is careful and detail-oriented—or, at least, she tries her best to be. Understanding is everything to her, and she's driven by bottomless curiosity and a need to take things apart and see how they tick. With proper study and preparation under her belt, nothing can stop her! (Without those... oops. But that won't happen, right?) Her dream is to become a knight, and to use what she's learned about how her world's "dungeons" and their denizens work in service of helping everyone reach some kind of... manageable coexistence, if not a truly friendly one. She'd be more than eager to delve into what's behind the weird goings-on in Cibus... granted that "weird" back home and "weird" here are absolutely nothing alike. But hey! Just point her toward the nearest library and she'll get to the bottom of this in no time!

wait what do you mean Diyem brought her here to fight wait no—

Pokémon species: Grubbin

Talents: HP / Magic

Weaknesses: Stamina / Attack

RP notes: There's nothing that I as a player would be uncomfortable with that isn't already disallowed by the forum/campaign rules, aside from I guess not being terribly interested in romance. Anything else goes! Nerd buddies especially welcome to force me personally to understand/explain the things she'd normally be nerding out about! Be aware that while Skara likes to solve problems, she isn't as good at it as she thinks she is, so it's not impossible that she'll make a bad situation worse before it gets better. But hey, if that sounds fun...! (Also I apologize if her personality is a little wobbly at first; I'm tryna get what I want to do with her figured out!)

Bonus Point Priority: HP -> Defense and Resistance, kept relatively equal but prioritizing Defense if needed; any leftovers Magic -> Stamina

Support "Autobattle" Permission: If I'm not available to give support commands, the DM/other players have permission to spend my points on necessary actions. Try not to spend more than 30 (one action) per battle, but if a second action is necessary then it's necessary.

---​

(scene list coming later when i can be bothered)

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Player type: I’m gonna start with Support to get the hang of it, but may move to Front depending from future schedules and whatnot.

Character name: Vulpix Kyukon Keo’Keo X, but he is better known among his friends as Icetales.

Basic personality:
Born in an aristocratic environment, Icetales is what you would define a true dandy: reserved and respectful even toward his enemies, who masks his insecurities and inferiority complex with a carefully chiseled ice mask.

However, once you get to know him and he warms up to you, he reveals a sensible and noble heart, who is willing to stand up to bullies and perceived fiends. He is also a bit of a snarker, especially when he is displeased about a situation.

He always strides with pride and elegance, losing his composure only when said pride and his aspect are wounded / damaged. He also loses his temper when he is called with terms like “sissy“ or when he is compared to his older and more successful siblings.

Lastly, he is an expert of tea brands and tea aficionado (never suggest him to skip tea time!), and knows the etiquette of the perfect butler, which makes him great at fetching and delivering stuff without damaging the contents. His favorite tea is iced mint tea with whipped cream, served in a cup with a frosted layer on the borders.

Speech Pattern: He uses a sophisticated language in all occasions, calling all female Pokémon m’lady and all male Pokémon sirs. When dealing with nonbinary members, he courteously asks them what title they prefer. Also, he uses thou instead of you and thy instead of your. Among signature expressions, he tends to shout “Bejabers!” or “Heavens!” when he is shocked or surprised about something.

Pokémon Species: Alolan Vulpix

Starting build: Heal (He always carries with him tea bags for all occasions, which could be useful for healing purposes)

Talents: Magic / Defense

Weaknesses: HP / Attack

RP notes: Absolutely no bloody / overly violent scenes. I’m fine with some mild / limited swearing, but not too excessive: Icetales will bite, otherwise!

Front Lines only (putting these here, in case I change my mind)

Moves (Level 1, No egg or TM moves) :
Powder Snow, Tail Whip (approved addition by DM)

Ability: Snow Cloak

Extra Move & Justification: Freeze-Dry
Icetales is the classic butler who knows what’s the best tea for every species, and as a lover for iced tea he has learned the technique to freeze liquids (almost) instantly.

Last edited:

LukeSkyRunner

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Player Type-Support

Name-Duke

Personality-Shy and quiet, yet somewhat calculated when it comes to certain situations, not much of a fighter, but will be willing to fight if nessesary.Likes to help others.

Pokemon Species- Magby

Starting Build- Shield

Talents- Resistance/hp

Weaknesses- Defense/Stamina

RP Notes- This is my first time trying this out, advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

DM control- Full

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega

Character name: Shiron

Basic personality: Shiron is a friendly guy, he enjoys talking to new people and making new friends. Once he has a close bond with someone he will do anything to protect them. He's very kind and merciful and would hate to kill anyone, despite all of the bad things they did. However, his kindness is also his downfall: Shiron does not have a good self-steem, so sometimes he may feel awful about himself to the point where he can be destructive and suicidal. Despite all of this, he tries to be better and heal from all of those thoughts and actions.

Pokémon Species: Mudkip

Talents: HP, Attack, Defense

Weaknesses: Magic, Stamina, Resistance

RP notes: I like doing casual RP, as in, talking, having fun, I'm not really a fan of unplanned stuff, so all of my RPs should have at least some sort of plot. Also, please no PVP unless is for the campaign.

Front Lines only:

Moves: Tackle, Growl, Aqua Jet(extra)

Ability (No hidden abilities): Torrent

Extra Move & Justification: Aqua Jet. As a member of the Mudkip line, he's not particularly fast. So he decided to train and learn a priority move that could help him out in battles and one that could have a boost based on his type(Water).

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Player type: Frontlines - Always

Character name: Saltriv

Basic personality: Saltriv is rather optimistic. They like to look for the best in a situation. Some situations are a bit too much for them, though. They tend to try to hide their worries. They are quick to form friendships, and care immensely about those they're close with. If unsure what to do in a situation, they tend to copy what someone else is doing. It's difficult to get them to take "no" for an answer for some things. They're also pretty creative.

Pokémon Species: Chikorita

Starting build: Boon

Talents: Choose up to three from: Stamina, Magic, Resistance

Weaknesses: Attack, Defense

RP notes: I'd rather not partake in any romancey stuff. Saltriv is aroace.

DM control: Full / Partial / None: Partial

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
I've been watching on the sidelines for a while, but I think that it's about time to throw my hat into the ring with one of my characters from a side project:

Character name: Kate

Basic personality: Impish and thrill-seeking. Is an active outlaw in her own world, and accordingly has familiarity with bandit behaviors and techniques.

Pokémon Species: Sneasel

Talents: Stamina (0.3) + Attack (0.3)

Weaknesses: Magic + Resistance

RP notes: Open to just about anything, though I generally plan on having a light presence in-RP on most days.

DM control: Partial

Round 8:

Arrival
A Night on the Town ( +Luz )
The Mysterious Charizard (Destiny Village plot scene)
Fencing Lessons ( +Icetales )
Battle with Giovanni and the Radiant Machine (Round 8 Boss)

Round 9:

Destiny in the Balance (Round 9 Opening)
The Outlaw and the Ranger ( +Brisa )
A Five-Feathered Discount ( +Pleo )

Last edited:
Top Bottom