• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Null Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
R10 - Welcome to Hell
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The first thing Team Spectrum's dead would see was a sky of purple clouds and ominous, red light. The ground was a hazy, dusty purple, and little stone houses dotted the landscape of tall trees that looked like gnarled, rising claws from the earth. Occasionally, winds blew in random directions with seemingly no rhyme or reason to when or how they came about.

There did not seem to be a sense of north, or any other direction. But the team quickly decided that north would be where the lake was--a lake of deep, red water that didn't look like it would taste pleasant. South, beyond the gnarled trees, was a wasteland of plateaus that dwarfed the trees the seemingly abandoned village had been formed in.

It was... dreary. Perhaps it wasn't the mystical atmosphere that drew out the Shadows of anyone who stayed here, but the simple appearance the place had.

[R10] Friends of the Other Side (Icetales and ???)
  • Cresselia92

Gym Leader
    Pronouns
    She/Her/Hers
    Partners
    1. ho-oh
    2. sneasel-nyula
    3. rayquaza-cress
    4. celebi-shiny
    After many minutes of travel, Cabot and the two Ninetales had reached the village.

Icetales felt his spirit squeeze as he surveyed the area, his tails flicking erratically. Sober and hellish, with a lake brimming with water looking like blood…

“Tempted to dive into for a good bath,” declared Magnificent, marveling at the crimson lake.

“Do not,” hissed Icetales, turning sharply to his Shadow. “The last thing everyone needs here it’s for thee to spoil their supply of… water.”

“It is rotten already. There would be no difference.”

“No!”
    repeated Icetales, starting to gather shadows into his jaws. “Do not make me Roar at thee again.”

Magnificent snarled at Icetales, baring his razor-sharp fangs at his host. However, upon not getting any reaction outside of a snort, the Shadow huffed in annoyance and strode toward some nearby claw-like trees. The red mist of his tails waved with each gust, masking whatever emotion he was feeling from the others. Though, the fox-in-flesh had no doubt that he was showing once more his appreciation toward the darkness.

And, for some reason, Icetales was starting to feel… better? He wondered if it was because the village had a vague semblance of stability and order, or perhaps because his inner darkness was resonating with that place devoid of living souls.

At least they are in a better situation that what I had endured in Chaos. They can have some solace with each other, while I had… no one and no place.

Icetales blinked in surprise when he noticed Magnificent glaring at him. Was he still mad at him for the treatment he received in the plateaus and mere seconds ago, or something else? Well, the Shadow didn’t respond nor give any hint, and just went to gaze at his reflection by the lake.

“This is… some small comfort,” commented Icetales at last, before taking a careful look of his surroundings. He blinked when he noticed the other Cabot, who had the typical scales of a typical Cranidos, and a… Gengar, apparently.

But where were the others? Were they alright?

R10 - Vix's Memories
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    Owen entered Null Village with dampened, but still bright, spirits. Yes, he'd had a bit of an episode, but that didn't mean he had to stay in one, let alone that it had to define his stay in the Voidlands. Home sweet home, after all...

He hoped Brisa and Dave were doing alright. Glancing at Wishkeeper, he said, "How, uh, how have you been doing?"

"Better than you."

"Sure..." Owen genuinely wasn't sure if that was true or not this time. Definitely felt like it, though...

[R10] Goodbye for now [Icetales and ???]
  • Cresselia92

Gym Leader
    Pronouns
    She/Her/Hers
    Partners
    1. ho-oh
    2. sneasel-nyula
    3. rayquaza-cress
    4. celebi-shiny
    Icetales grumbled as he exited from one of the houses of the village, feeling somewhat fatigued. Between keeping his evergrowing darkness in check and the cognition-miasma affecting his mind, he felt mentally exhausted.

He was glad he had got the chance to spend time with his friends and to help them feel better in that desolate hellscape, at least. Even though, what he heard happened some time ago shocked him. Did some of them get affected by madness? Already?

“That was… precisely what I was afraid of…” mumbled Icetales to himself, before shaking his head. “I’ve got to aid them. I’ve got—”

The Ninetales winced and sat down on the floor, panting heavily. From his body radiated an intense dark aura, which made him almost look like a phantom fox. His Shadow walked after him and looked all over him in concern.

“…Our darkness is growing,” commented the darker Ninetales, before sitting by his host’s side. “We cannot stay here any longer. We must depart at once. Thou art… blending too much with the darkness. Enjoying it far too much. We must go.”

“B-but… my friends!”
    hissed Icetales, glaring at his Shadow.

“Thou hast friends out there, too. And while I cannot tell how long it has passed due to these timeless days, they must be worried about thee. We cannot simply… leave them behind.”

Icetales stared hard at his Shadow, then lowered his gaze. What he was saying was true. There were his other friends out there that needed his help. That needed his strength to help to find the way to help their currently dead comrades. He couldn’t just abandon them, but… he was torn, as he didn’t want to abandon his dead friends, either.

“I wish I could have done more to help…” admitted Icetales, shuddering violently. “I… I wish I had the power to… to help them…”

The Shadow walked toward his host and started nuzzling him on his cheek. He could clearly feel that Icetales wasn’t afraid for himself, but for his friends. He was afraid… that they would go through the same hellish experience he had gone through as a pup. An experience with madness and years and years of recovery.

“They shall be fine. They are strong, and thou got to believe in them,” said the Shadow, his wisps taking a black hue. “Unlike us, they are not alone. They will support each other and keep each other’s morale up until we can free them from this hell. We ought to have faith. Can we… have faith?”

Icetales rubbed against his Shadow, suppressing any tear that was about to fall from his eyes. Once more he felt the darkness crawling, which meant he had to take an important decision: leave his friends behind so that he could rescue them later.

“I shall… have faith.”

Icetales and his Shadow turned toward the house. Something was bothering the fox-in-flesh somewhat, but he knew already what to do. His body glowed with an intense Radiant energy and waves of hope raced inside the house, coating them in a golden powder.

Fear not, my dear comrades. While I must leave now, this is no farewell. This is… a see you soon.

Somewhat heartened by his final gesture, he turned to the sky with a determined expression.

“Sir Diyem. Time for me to march once more among the living. I am ready.”

Last edited:
    R10 – Resting Shadows – Brisa, Vix & Shadows
  • unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
    Pronouns
    they/she
    Partners
    1. purrloin-salem
    2. sneasel-dusk
    3. luz-companion
    4. brisa-companion
    5. meowth-laura
    6. delphox-jesse
    7. mewtwo
    8. zeraora
    Brisa stirred in one of the Null Village huts. How... How long had she been asleep? Had she overslept?

"Don't get up. You're still recoverin'."

Brisa groaned, as her Shadow put a paw to her shoulder and pressed her down into the bedding again. Sombra's voice was still that wearied wind-like sound, but it was a little stronger now. A little easier.

"Nothin' needs doin' so badly that it merits you rushin' out. Be patient with yerself fer once."

Brisa nodded, and half-closed her eyes again. Fine.

"Wouldn't mind company besides my own Shadow," she mumbled.

"Someone might be along. I smell lavender."

Lavender? ...Vix?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom