• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Null Forest Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave's breath caught in his throat. What. What. Okay, this was actually happening. Shit.

"...Yeah. Yeah, she does."

He was going to have to not think about this too hard. Brisa was an adult; it wasn't like she needed much in the way of parenting. Just some goddamn love and support. He could do that.

He could practically hear how excited Jean would be at the idea of having a big sister. All the better that she was a fucking talking Luxio. Too bad by the time he saw her again he was going to have forgotten Brisa ever existed.

His grip on her tightened, pressing her closer against him, as he stared into the woods.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa tried not to think too hard about what Sombra was saying or what Dave was replying. She focused on the way Dave held her tighter, the way this was okay, the way it felt like, yes, yes, he really did love her after all. In a way she couldn't put her dewclaw on exactly, she felt . . . safe.

Sombra walked up alongside Brisa and Dave, and the tread of her paws on the forest litter seemed somehow lighter.

"Y'know, I wouldn't blame ya if this was all a bit much fer one fella to contemplate all at once outta the blue. What d'you say we get back now, huh?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave raised an eyebrow at that. "Well, we need to get you some sleep, at any rate."

He released Brisa slowly. She smiled gratefully, tears still in her eyes, and it twinged at his heart. He took a deep breath. "Let's go."

With that, the three of them headed back toward Null Village.

<><><><><>​

R13 – Vix & Mellow

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
It was strange, in the Voidlands. She didn't want to say it felt uncomfortable, because... Well, it wasn't. Truthfully it was like any other terrain, only different colors and perhaps more like a desert overall. Even here in the midst of the forest that Diyem had said Vix was located in. The Shade soared over the treetops, looking intently through the canopy for the ghost Pokémon.

She had to be there somewhere. If she wasn't in this section... Well, she would keep looking. Hopefully Vix would give a sign or something. She had to be here somewhere...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Amidst the expanse of barren trees was a bright, reddish-purple flame. It was tall and strong, but whether that reflected how the strong the source was, no one would know. At least not from how high Raven was.

There was a voice, almost overpowered by the flame and the winds that blew through the trees. But Raven was close enough to tell it was Scrafty. "Oi, we're down here. Head towards the fire."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
She quickly swerved towards the voice. It didn't take long for her to land and awkwardly shuffle towards the two... Raven wasn't sure what to say or where to start. A simple apology would be so callous. But she had to say something...

"...I... well...", she began, then fell silent. Everything, from her face to her body language made clear how guilty she felt just by being in Vix's presence. "...Some investigator I turned out to be, hm?", Raven finally said quietly. It was a pathetic attempt at a start to a conversation she was afraid to have, but knew that she couldn't avoid.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Scrafty shook his head. "Eh, don't beat yourself up 'bout it. I'm pretty sure everyone's first trip to space goes poorly."

From the look of it, Vix distracted by the void shadows around her. They weren't aggressive at all, really. Some of them had climbed onto Vix, and several others sat around her. They were like... the first thing that came to mind were puppies, or toddlers. Vix herself was somber, however. Her body dark, melty, the only thing that had color was her flame.

"...Raven, Vix really doesn't blame you for anthin' that happened," Scrafty continued, looking back at Vix. "She's been... distant, since she woke up, but she'd tell you herself. This ain't your fault."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...It should not have...", she started, but sighed and let it go. She could get berated later. Instead, she approached Vix. Carefully she reached out to touch one of the Void Shadows that had congregated around her. She said nothing, waiting for Vix to go first, if she wanted.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Scrafty didn't stop her, even approached Vix with her. The Void Shadows didn't seem to mind Raven, some might've even reached out to her, but Vix... remained quiet. At first.

As Scrafty got close, the Chandelure flinched, and her flame flickered. "...Oh, right, someone was coming to see me," Vix muttered, shaking her head. Her voice was flat, and when she turned to face Raven and Scrafty, her expression was just as lifeless. "...Hi, Raven. How have you been? You didn't..." she paused. "You aren't dead, right?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...No, I'm not dead. Me and Rocky tried to push Deoxys out of the way, and... Well, we all survived. Deoxys was badly hurt, but... Me and the other Shades made it back to Cibus."

No thanks to myself...

Raven gazed at Vix in silence. ...She was almost completely void of emotion. Raven glanced at Scrafty worriedly. Was she... angry, perhaps? Frustrated? She couldn't tell. It made the Shade shift nervously on her feet

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix sighed, nodding slightly. "...Thank goodness... Everyone else is still alive. That's... good..."

"Vix is... fine. As fine as she could be,"
Scrafty tittered. "Poor lass... first thing she tried to do here was remember more about ourself. She didn't... find anythin' reassuring."

"...Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just happy the rest of you made it."
Vix looked back to the Void Shadows, petting one of them. "I... can feel Puddle, all the way from here. It's... upset with me... Fixing my mistake..." Her flame flickered, getting weaker. "...I was... hoping to apologize to it. I thought it'd come with you..." Vix shook her head, sighing again. "How is... Mellow..?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven listened. If there was something that she was good at, it was that. She gave Scrafty a look that indicated she would be asking about that, but for now...

She felt herself droop when Vix asked about Mellow.

"Mellow is... Dealing with a lot. I feel like a rift between me and her has opened, and is only getting wider all the time...

But it's fine.

I'll talk to Puddle when I return to the living world. And Vix... I'll... make things better. I won't stop until I know the truth."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Scrafty nodded, understanding the look Raven gave him. They'd have to split off from Vix first, though... so it'd have to wait. "Damn, sorry you an' Mellow are driftin' apart, but it won't be for long. Just try an' talk to her, or listen to her," Scrafty said, sympathetic. "It'd be better for you to help her than chat it up with Puddle. We'll handle that when we see the squirt again."

"...The truth?"
Vix asked, tilting her expressionless head. "...What truth?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven nodded slightly, before her expression hardened at Vix's question.

"The truth of who is behind all of this. Soda has been brainwashed, his memories shattered... I think that our culprit is the one that fired on us as we attempted to approach the moon. They have been careful to hide their identity, and cover their tracks. It will not be enough. I will find out who it truly is. ...And nobody else will be put in harm's way while I search."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Scrafty sighed, shaking his head. "And you expect us and everyone else to just let you put yourself in danger? It's admirable, stickin' out your neck for everyone else's sake, but it ain't gonna end well," he said, glancing back at Vix and wincing. "Trust me."

"...Raven, please..."
Vix muttered. She didn't express an emotion, but her body started to melt more. Some of the Void Shadows let out faint whimpers. "...Don't go getting yourself hurt. We... The others will come up with something... A way to do this right, so no one gets hurt..." Vix turned away, and the Void Shadows around her started to grow restless. "...If you get yourself killed, trying to make up for this... I will never forgive you... or myself."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...If I fail at protecting someone, and they end up here because of me...", she started, then clenched her fists. "...If I do end up here, then you can hate me. I would understand. But- I am not going to just throw my life away, either. I'm amorphous, and at my center is a rock. I can change my shape and look. Perhaps not all of it, but I can be smart about it too. ...I only ask that you trust me. I can do this on my own. I won't be discovered."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...The only difference between you and me is that you have a core... Puddle and Diyem both told me that whatever shot me, could possibly kill you shades, and that was three days ago... You have no idea how strong it is now..." Vix spoke. Her flame sparked, black as night, before going out again. "...You didn't fail at protecting anyone, just because I died... You are not my guardian, and I do not need you to protect me..."

Scrafty flinched, crossing his arms. "You ain't gotta be that blunt."

Vix ignored him, looking at Raven again. "...Do you think, if you went alone, that no one else would follow you..? You have a family, Raven... Brothers... Sisters... a Father..." she twitched, rubbing her arms. Her eyes dimmed, and she looked away again. "None of them will let you go alone... if at all... For their sake... do not go back to space."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven was tense, prepared to give a rebuttal; but she relaxed when Vix told her not try to go back to the moon. "... I had no plans to go back to space. Whatever I do, and wherever I go, it will be on Cibus itself."

She still felt... chagrined. On some level. Would someone try to follow her? ...She already planned to stop announcing what she was doing or where she was going to keep from being followed. She hoped no one actually would...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix paused for a moment, then sighed. "...My point still stands... Don't get yourself killed... Please..."

"Thinkin' you can do this hero shit alone... is a good way to end up like us,"
Scrafty hissed, but his rising anger wasn't directed to Raven at all. "If you die... there ain't no guarantee you'll end up here, or like Vix. You're Diyem's kid, not..." he looked to Vix, who was distracting herself with the Void Shadows again. His shadowy body started to falter. "Just... don't plan on gettin' killed and comin' here."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...I promise, I'll be as careful as I can be. I'll be smarter. I won't let you down.", she replied, and glanced back at Scrafty. "I...I should probably return to Cibus soon. I'll come back, though, through Diyem. ...You shouldn't have to be here by yourself."

Raven said her goodbyes and walked away to leave Vix to herself, but lingered long enough to give herself and Scrafty time to get out of earshot. As soon as they were...

"...Is...she going to be alright? Her demeanor was very concerning..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom