• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Non-Pokémon Neverwinter Nights: Journal of A Otherworlder Hero

Entry 1 & 2

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
Summary:
Entries from one wellknown hero of Neverwinter's journal.

Rating:
T, may change to M later. (no smut or anything, hell no. Look at the ESRB rating for Neverwinter Nights, that's what I'm basing this rating off of.)

Present time party:
Seraph Zelalin the hero of Neverwinter(oc/player character)
Valen Shadowbreath
Serenity Moonlin(Oc/NPC henchman)
Deekin Scalesinger
Aribeth de Tylmarande

Seraph the half high elf and half wood elfs appearance:
Screenshot_20200427-204514_Love_Nikki - Copy (2).jpg

Serenity Moonlin's appearance:

Drow Swordswoman.png

Forward from author/author's note:
No, I'm not stopping writing Reflections, don't worry about that! I've just been playing Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition a lot and I've been using the ingame notes system to write a journal for my character XD I promise I'll try to get back to Reflections as soon as I can, I've just only had inspiration for this.

Either way, I hope you enjoy this! ^W^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s this little thing~?” Seraph looked up at the suddenly cheeky voice of her drow companion, and saw Serenity holding up one very specific book from her bag which the petite surface drow was crouched over.

“Serenity…” The elf warned, narrowing her blue eyes as the blond drow’s face quirked in mischief, purple eyes alight. “Put my journal down.”

“Isn’t that the book you write in so often, my lady?” Valen spoke up from tending the campfire, the Tanar’ri tiefling’s electric blue eyes darting between Serenity and Seraph in cautious curiosity.

“Yes. It’s a very old journal I still write in. Bloody headache to bind more pages in when I use up all of them.” Seraph shifts, the elf having been preparing to cook their dinner when Serenity decided to get nosy and now was preparing to clearly leap over at the drow. “Now, we can either do this the easy way, in dropping my journal back into my bag, or we can do this the hard way.” Her eyes were serious, expression tense.

Serenity decided Seraph’s next move for her, when she began to open it which made Seraph take a flying leap over the fire, lunging for her book.

Serenity darted out of the way, sending Seraph tumbling over the log she had been crouched by with a shout as the drow danced around the edge of the fire with a giggle.

‘Renity!” Seraph hissed, head popping up over the top of the log, eyes narrowed as Serenity giggled.

Serenity promptly jumped out of her skin when the book was abruptly snatched out of her hands and spun to face Valen, who raised an eyebrow at her as his tail lashed idly behind him.

“Vale!” Serenity squawked, lunging for the book but he merely lifted it high above the five foot three drow, where she couldn’t reach it. “Valen you dirty cheater!”

“I don’t recall this being a game.” He stated flatly. “And even if it was, how is using my height cheating?”

“Cause you’re seven foot you dol!” The drow huffed, crossing her arms.

“It’s dolt Seren. Not dol, dolt.” Seraph sighed as she stood up, brushing her clothing off before walking over to Valen. “Thank you, my dear.”

You’re welcome, my lady.” He began to hand it to her, before pausing, hand still holding the book. “How long have you kept this journal?”

“A few years. Is this your way of asking if you can read it?” The elf smiled teasingly up at Valen, his cheeks reddening the slightest at her words.

“Yes. I am admittedly curious about your time in this world prior to, this.” He gestured around, of course speaking of the level of hell they were on at this point in time as well as the current adventure they were on. "And I don't mean the tales bards have told about you."

“You can, just one second.” She reaches a hand over and rests it atop his hand holding the book, softly uttering. “Mox nyx.” She pulled her hand back and smiled a little mischievously at the curious looks she was getting from her companions. “I have an enchantment on the book to where if someone other than myself or someone I trust that I tell the spell to allow opens it, all the writing appears as gibberish.”

“Then why did you lunge at me?” Serenity asked, brows furrowed.

“Because it’s an old book and I am careful with old books.” Seraph’s flat tone made Valen hide a smile as she turned back to him. “You can read it if you like, I still need to cook dinner.”

He nods, going to sit on the log he had previously been sitting on while Seraph returned to preparing the food while Serenity sighed and sat down, pulling her sword out of her sheath as well as her whetstone and began to sharpen it.

Valen was careful in opening the book, the stiff and old pages making noises as he did so, and began reading the first entry after glancing over the year scrawled above the entry.

Day one: I've decided to keep a journal of sorts while I'm at the academy, bit late considering I've been here a while and am almost done with my training but hey, when you get an owl with a letter demanding you attend this place, can't say no right? ha.

Still no luck in trying to get home, though. I mean, OF COURSE, that would be difficult even if I WASN'T in the body of someone else, so it's doubly hard. I've gotten used to my elven appearance but, I still don't feel comfortable in knowing I stole this poor girl's body. Her few memories don't help the matter and her own amnesia is not fun to ponder.

Currently going around and seeing everyone again is my objective today it seems, so I'll update when I'm done with that.

...Everyone's nice enough I suppose now that I think about it, that army guy in charge of the drills I can’t ever recall his name though... Hooboy, I had to bite my tongue and put on my best act, when all I really wanted to do was snap his head off.

I hate those types of people, demanding respect from strangers like myself, they piss me off. Thank god he's not my trainer and Ketta is.

The next sentence was not as neat as before, messy, and looking like the quill was hastily scrawling and pressed forcefully into the paper. The messy writing seemed to continue for the rest of the entry.

Holy hell and gods above, what is going on here!? We're suddenly being attacked as soon as I spoke with Aribeth. i'm hiding in a room to quickly jot this down and gather my wits, but I must hurry to the waterdhavian beasts as soon as I can, they could hold the cure to this dying city!

My gods... I went to help everyone else after my last note, and they're all dead....No...

Oh thank god Pavel is still alive...

damn it, DAMNIT! The creatures I was sent to protect are gone, lost to the winds of the city and we're no closer to a cure than we were yesterday!

I have to go round the creatures up, they are the only hope anyone has.

“It never fails to astound me how you can find places to hide in to quickly write in this book.” Valen said once he was done with the rather short entry, peering at the elf who was in the process of preparing the rabbit she caught to cook.

“...You’d be surprised with how many tight spaces I can squeeze into.” She grinned at him with a wink.

Serenity choked on her water when she heard that, coughing and drawing Seraph’s attention away from the tiefling. He counted himself lucky otherwise she’d probably see his burning ears as he returned to reading the entries.

Day two: I should just make these entries and not days, I can't keep up with this daily so that would be the best option.

It's... been interesting this past week, I've done my best to track down to the creatures with little luck. However, today is when I am to go to the halls of Justice and heed Aribeth's summons. I suppose I should put my quill down and get going.

GOD I HATE DESTHER! I'm doing my damnedest to help Aribeth in any way I can, yet HE thinks he has the nerve to talk down as if I'm a mere CHILD?! Maybe this is connected to my lost memories and why I'm so bothered by this, but I swear, I will be a happy elf(human? Err, Half elf? GODS my situation is confusing if I factor in the fact I WAS human) if I NEVER have to see his ungrateful ass again.

Sigh... Great. I was about to head to the Peninsula district to try to track down one of the creatures and lo and BEHOLD there's something going on there, prisoners running amok killing people. Good thing I was heading there anyway.

I... I just ran into a, well, sex worker, I was intent on ignoring her at first, I'm, not interested in her services. But... This poor woman, she has kids, I assume, otherwise, I don't think she would have begged me for coin.

I gave her a fair amount of coin, whoever the girl of the body I'm now in was she had a fair amount herself and I haven't spent much so I could afford it, the woman may have very well jumped for joy, as it was she was nearly brought to tears by my kindness.

I may not be native in spirit to this world, but, I'll be damned if I don't keep my kind nature. This world may be strange and unkind to an otherworlder to me, but I'll help where I can.

Valen would later deny the small smile he had reading that part, even back then she had her kind heart, hm?

Am I allowed to scream in my journal? I would say so CAUSE HOLY SHIT I HATE THESE PRISONERS AND I HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL!

I'm in the Peninsula district and holy hell it's a mess in here. I've had to use my healing potions(even my emergency backups!!) a lot cause these assholes keep SWARMING ME. I'm resting in the guard outpost(?) where Sebile is for the moment to regain my breath.

Now to find that damned key she wants...

I had to retreat using my stone of recalling, I need both help and more healing items. I employed one Tomi Undergallows, and while he's a right git in my opinion, his help is better than none especially with the prisoners.

Now for more healing items...

Okay, we're in. After I got more healing items I went right back into the fray with Tomi at my side. We fought several gang leaders before we got the key, so we're now in the main prison.

We are currently hidden in a room to rest up after all the fighting, and Tomi is giving me a look as I write. Probably not something he sees every day, but I have nowhere else to record my thoughts.

Managed to find one living guard, thank hell... What he described was insane, but lines up with what I heard about the head jailer going looney, unfortunately.

Time to make our way through this prison, getting rid of any who stand in the way and cutting down those who are clear enemies.

Yep, the old jailer has lost his marbles. I went down a floor and a guard by the name of Emernik pulled me and Tomi into a lockdown cellroom so we weren't spotted by the patrols.

I asked him some questions, found out more about what was going on and, my skin crawled when he said the head Gaoler was, torturing the former guards. Trying to get into their heads... I practically smell blood magic, but I'll find out soon enough once I get to the blighted bastard. We left Emernik in the lockdown cell and are fighting on, just taking a moment to breathe in another lockdown cell.

Gods I'm shaking like hell... Found out the Intellect Devourer Aribeth needed is the cause of all the problems in Peninsula District. Fought it, um... I had to kill the captain and the one guard I hadn't gotten to leave as it jumped into them. Uh... Tomi's not dead, he fell in battle but the priests or whoever Aribeth has helping me spirited him back to the temple to save him.

Honestly, if they hadn't done that, I fear it would have jumped into him instead... I, had to finish the fight on my own, it was really tough, had to duck away and run to use my healing potions, definitely going to be needing to buy more, to say the least.

I've got the brain of the thing, and it better be enough cause I am NOT carrying its big stinking corpse back to Aribeth.

Anyway, I need to get back, to check on Tomi if nothing else.

Got the blighted brain back to Aribeth, there are rumors of plague victims coming back from the dead in beggar's nest now, but I am going to freaking SLEEP for a bit, it's almost freaking midnight and I need sleep!

"You were very different back then." Valen noted, looking up and watching as Seraph finished putting the rabbits on a spit to hold over the fire.

"More restrained I'd say." She shrugged, not looking up as she frowned. "I, often wrote my frustrations down instead of voicing them if you couldn't tell, always polite and never upset outwardly, drove me insane some days. Not to mention my situation I couldn't talk about until not that long ago. I'm better now, but..." She trailed off and shook her head.

Valen said nothing, merely hummed and turned to the next page.

Last edited:
Second journal: "Undead allied with Valsharess" entry

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
(AN: Extremely unsure if I should continue this, due to lack of feedback, but.... Here's the next chapter.)

Serenity decided to take watch while Valen, Deekin and Seraph slept, the trio remaining close to the fire while the surface drow sat on one of the logs lining the campsite. Aribeth was patrolling as the cold didn’t bother the spirit and could do so without worry.

She felt the cold bite at her arms and shivered a bit, pulling her cloak tighter around her. She stood up and inched closer to the fire, feeling it warm her up instantly. Carnia fires were strange, the velox berries making the fires possible stranger still, but she needed to learn to let the oddities of this ring of hell go.

She eyed the book that Seraph had clutched to her chest, she was being held close by Valen and their respective cloaks covered them while Deekin was curled into the female elf’s back.

Serenity felt envious of the fact Valen was, for all purposes, a miniature firepit due to his infernal blood making him much warmer than any of them, cause even with her resistance to the cold, it still stung and pulled painfully at her black skin. Not to mention if she grabbed the book it’d wake Valen and Seraph up.

The drow sighed, reaching over to the bag that belonged to Seraph by one of the logs as she sat down, maybe she could read that copy of the novel version Deekin wrote of their Undrentide adventures that she knew Seraph had while keeping watch.

She felt her hand brush against an unfamiliar book cover when she reached in, confused she pulled it out and realized it was the second journal Seraph had bought prior to getting her original one back from Tomi.

She narrowed her eyes, didn’t Seraph say she planned to rebind the pages of this book to her old one? She opened to a random page, and saw that it seemed Seraph hadn’t yet transferred the pages yet.

...She had opened to the part where they were dealing with that weird vampire cult supplying the Valsharess with undead she realized after skimming some of it. After a moment of thinking, she decided to start reading.

There... a small community here where they said the undead were coming from, and it seems like all of them are scared of, something called Vix'thra.

There's a gong in the middle of the town. I'm going to look around a little more then ring it.

I uh, think I frightened Valen and Deekin as well as Serenity. I rang the gong and it apparently called for a sacrifice of a mortal to their god Vix'thra, the leader, a mage by the looks of him, called for a volunteer or someone would be chosen at random.

I uh, REALLY didn't want any villager of this place to be hurt, so I um. Volunteered.

So that was why she volunteered, didn’t get rid of the panic Serenity as well as Valen and Deekin had felt though. It seemed Seraph knew that too.

I'll never forget the look on my friends' faces as they had to watch me get yanked into the temple while they had to wait until I was pulled in to follow before the doors closed.

Which meant they ran in right as I was fighting against the cult guards who were trying to unclothe me because the cult leader told them to do so before bringing me up to him as he left for the upper floors.

I don't think I've ever seen Valen so, furious, he about decapitated the guard who was trying to pull my top off at the shoulder with his flail, and safe to say I don't think Enserric planned on being a freaking projectile that Serenity threw at and impaled the other guard through the head with.

Serenity fought back a snort at that, yeah Enserric had read her off for that after the fact and the talking sword was paranoid whenever she held him like a spear now.

Deekin, bless his heart, was very quick to check on me, worriedly asking if I was okay as Valen surprisingly checked me over, fixing my top where it was yanked and readjusting my cloak as he all but hissed at me to never risk myself like that again. Serenity was quick to agree as was Enserric once he was pulled out of the corpse he was impaled in.

I had agreed, pulling my cloak the slightest bit tighter around me for comfort, as that was, not fun in the slightest and I do not wish to repeat it.

Either way, we made our way up and eventually killed the mage, now we have a key to the lower floors and we're heading for it.

Well. Vampires are a thing in this world. Good thing their weakness is the same.

Serenity raised an eyebrow, rereading the line a few times. So Seraph knew about vampires, that made sense since she knew to stab them in the heart with a piece of wood, but judging by how she worded it, while she knew of them they were not in her original world, perhaps in stories then?

Regardless, the drow read on.

Gods, these vampires are using a Outer Planar being, Lavoera a Hospitaler, to make their bone golems by siphoning her blood. This is sickening... I have to find a way to free her.

Holy hell I'm shaking so much... I managed to free the angel girl, sent her to the rebel camp. Uh, had to fight that fucking mage again, then...

We had to fight a bone dragon, that's what Vix'thra was.

The surface drow frowned, remembering that fight too well, she still had a healing wound in her side from that even here. It happened when the dragon had caught her in its mouth and bit down, she was just lucky her armor enchantments and jamming Enserric at the last second only resulted in one gash being opened up in her side. That was also when Valen leaped at the thing’s head and latched on, trying to cave its skull in when it dropped her.

I knew something was up, so I told everyone to keep it busy while I went for the area behind it to go after the magical signature I felt. I hardly noticed a dark figure darting around and taking out the bone golems as I bolted.

Ah, right. That creepy weird girl, who asked Seraph strange questions after helping them. Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Do you have anything in this world worth living or staying for?

...Serenity still wishes the elf had let her kill that weird human, after how upset and confused she made Seraph. Especially now that she as well as Aribeth, Valen and Deekin knew the truth of the origins of Seraph’s soul, and why those questions bothered the elf so much.

I went and destroyed the little altar I found hidden in the back, and when I returned I saw my friends weren't doing so well. Serenity was almost down, Deekin WAS down and Valen was currently grappling the thing's skull as it thrashed around, him trying to cave the skull in as it tried to throw him off.

He got, thrown off as soon as I reached them, gods I heard his spine SNAP as he connected with the wall blood was everywhere I-

The letter devolved into a messy scribble and Serenity had to pause to blink her own tears away, as many dried tear marks littered the page and scribbles from where Seraph’s hand had violently shaken and trailed off the page as well as the raw pain and emotion the elf had been feeling when writing this hit the drow.

She glanced over to the peacefully sleeping elf and wondered how she hadn’t noticed the girl’s sorrow and pain when this happened, especially with that creepy girl’s questions had clearly exasperated her pain and upset her on a different topic.

This was fairly recent as well. Serenity steadied her breathing and pressed on.

I went and took it with Serenity's help down before reviving him and Deekin with my staff of resurrection. I don't think I've felt such fear before in a long time, not since Neverwinter.... They don't know how affected I was by this I think, the only thing I couldn't help was grabbing Valen and Deekin and pulling them into a tight hug.

I can't lose them. I already lost my life before, I won't lose them too.

The staff only has one charge left. And the army of the Valsharess is coming, I found that out when I returned to the Seer. I must prepare.

Ah. No wonder why there’s no mention of the creepy girl, this was written on the eve of the battle against the Valsharess’s forces, she likely didn’t have time.

Serenity shut the book and put it back, frowning. She wasn’t going to read anymore, she may be curious about Seraph’s view on her Neverwinter journey as she was with the elf after a certain point, but that was a different journal than this one and this one was written more recently, clearly more personal.

The blond sighed, tilting her head to better listen to the icy wastes around her as her eyes closed. After a moment, she began to hear eerie singing in the distance, her eyes snapped open and she leaped to her feet immediately.

Semari aisi isola matola~ Soribia doche irora amita~ Samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora~” She scanned the darkness around the campfire, looking for the source of the eerie song, and swore she saw the figure of a girl dancing with nothing in the darkness. Spinning and twirling as if the figure had an unseen partner.

Something was wrong, she could see Aribeth walking around clearly, not seeming to hear the singing, but this figure was hardly visible and Serenity had to focus to see it at all.

Samia dostia, ari aditida, tori adito madora~” The soft and eerie voice rang out in the silence, so very soft it’d be hard to hear if Serenity wasn’t listening carefully. It had such a creepy echo and overlay to it that sent shivers not of the cold up her back. “Estia morita, nari amitia, sori arito asora~

She rested her hand on Enserric’s hilt, the sword seemed to be sleeping, but she was ready to pull him out and attack anything that tried to attack the camp.

But.

Nothing did. She stayed awake all night, keeping watch while listening to that haunting voice sing in a language she didn’t know...

(AN: Semari aisi isola matola~ Soribia doche irora amita~ Samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora~)

Top Bottom