• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

NaNoWriMo 2021

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Aiming for 50k again this year! I started off all right with 1695 words written yesterday, and intend to keep it up. I'll be working on backstories for characters from Drowning. If I finish that, I have a few one-shots outlined that I want to finally write and an idea for an underwater fic I'd like to put in motion. Hopefully I can find the creative energy to start working on Drowning properly again!

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
One Third through November! How are all of you doing? What's your cumulative wordcount?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
About 750, excluding RPs.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I went on vacation for like two days and ended up about 10k behind. :P

This always happens, though! Literally every year. So I'm not particularly worried. I'm actually less behind than normal, and the end of my November is looking to be unusually quiet. Expecting to catch back up in the next week and stay reasonably around goal the rest of the way.

I've been working on an especial favorite, but rather tricky, chapter. Initially I was mostly just telling it to myself, more summarizing it than anything, but I ended up going back and being able to write it in a form that's actually pretty close to how I'm expecting it to be published, which is exciting! I'm expecting to run out of material in that chapter tomorrow, though, and then I'll need to figure out what scene to jump to next.

I'm also trying to unfuck my damn wordcounters, which got disrupted by changes to the NaNo site this year. Having to both write and do software dev during NaNo sucks!

Good luck to everyone else with your challenges! Congrats to everyone doing well, and if you've fallen behind, know that there's still time to catch up and succeed. Believe me, I absolutely know. :P

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I'm about 5k words in, which just shows why I could never do the full 50k challenge hahaha

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I finally finished the chapter! It clocked in about 11k words.

Top Bottom