• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Complete] Vanilla Mafia Simulator 1.0 - Game Thread

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Get yer motherfuckin' hand off me, or you'll soon lose it," Brisa growled back.
Aw, it was trying to intimidate her. How cute~

"Lose a hand?" She giggled, her hands popped off their sockets and started dancing around the Luxio. "Why not both? Or better yet, how about having a whole waterfall of them?" Little tiny hands started pouring out of her wrists before crawling away like spiders.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Right. It's Dave. Mightyena Dave, from Cibus, the less furry version." He lifted a hand before looking over at the Torracat. "And you're Starr, right?" Had to be. The voice sounded like her.
Starr let out a sigh. "Look, my memory's fucking swiss cheese right now, and it's screwing with me that I can remember the last time the two of us hung out in board game hell more than I can remember my own life, or my face, or my friends." Her breath hitched a little on the last word, and she ignored it. "Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I was still human in that game. No clue how you can tell it's me under all the fur. Unless I've just got a memorable presence or something," she went on, forcing a smirk that hopefully didn't show how unnerving all this shit was.

Wait, did he say he'd met Brisa as a Mightyena? What?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Gods, he already had a headache.
Clovis had stuck to the edge of the group, not too keen on socializing just yet. He was still trying to take in this colorful cast of characters. Not that he expected anything less, but it still managed to be a lot to take in.

As he perused the general area, the sight of a trench coat passed through his peripheral vision, and he slowly turned to look at whoever had made the unfortunate choice to show up in one of those. He was pleasantly surprised to see the face was not only familiar but none other than the person who’d briefly passed through his mind not a moment before. How funny.

“I’ll be damned,” he said in greeting, just prior to pulling the cigarette out from between his lips. “Fancy seeing you here.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Y'got somethin' to say t'me an' my partner, best spit it out," she drawled.
Lusamine made her way towards them, with...an unusual, almost Pokemon-like gait. "Greetings! I am Lusamine of the Aether Foundation, and I simply must have a strand of the Torracat's fur, as well as the Espurr's. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I will be beautiful again. I must. I must. I must. I must."

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I will be beautiful again. I must. I must. I must. I must."

Okay, so the Human was zu-bat crazy. Good to know. Espurr found herself taking a couple steps back before she knew it. She grasped instinctually for the white strap of her bag, her one source of comfort, but it wasn't there. Her stomach lurched, her left shoulder suddenly felt uncomfortably light. Her bag was her grounding anchor, the only thing that made her feel safe when nothing else could. If nothing else, couldn't she have at least kept it?

"What do you want it for?" The words came out half indignant, half alarmed. She shed fur like tree leaves in winter, but no-one this worked up over getting a single one from the outset wanted it for anything good.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
One of the humans had rather distinct white hair. Could it be - but no, this human wore a trenchcoat. They didn't look like the one human he'd met in the other game.

There were also a bunch of other weird animals. Or rather, weird cats. A lot of the animals seemed like cats of some kind.

Blue-cat, red-cat and gray-cat, except the gray one stood upike a human.

After a moments thought, Fry swaggered towards Wes. He stopped in front of him and glanced up to study him, then tipped his hat.

And even though he didn't speak, there was the strangest impression he was saying "howdy partner!"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Aw, it was trying to intimidate her. How cute~

"Lose a hand?" She giggled, her hands popped off their sockets and started dancing around the Luxio. "Why not both? Or better yet, how about having a whole waterfall of them?" Little tiny hands started pouring out of her wrists before crawling away like spiders.

"Gods' teeth," hissed Brisa, curling her lip back over her fangs. "I want you as fuckin' far from me as this world allows."

[[You could just vote for her, actually. Nobody's hunting yet, we could do with some reactions. We need information in exchange for our time.]]

Something told Brisa she could vote to eliminate this creep. The intuition in her head told her Starr consented.

"I say we get rid of this one first," snarled Brisa. "Attitudes like that're a fuckin' liability."

"Right. It's Dave. Mightyena Dave, from Cibus, the less furry version." He lifted a hand before looking over at the Torracat. "And you're Starr, right?"
"Look, my memory's fucking swiss cheese right now, and it's screwing with me that I can remember the last time the two of us hung out in board game hell more than I can remember my own life, or my face, or my friends." Her breath hitched a little on the last word, and she ignored it. "Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I was still human in that game. No clue how you can tell it's me under all the fur. Unless I've just got a memorable presence or something," she went on, forcing a smirk that hopefully didn't show how unnerving all this shit was.

Wait, did he say he'd met Brisa as a Mightyena? What?

Brisa's hackles went up, and her tail lashed about.

"Sir, I don't know what'd explain you knowin' me an' Starr, but I sure don't recognise you. Ain't ever made a mightyena's acquaintance, neither, nor been no place by the name of 'Cibus', far's I know."

Cibus. The word felt bittersweet in her mouth. Why...?

"Greetings! I am Lusamine of the Aether Foundation, and I simply must have a strand of the Torracat's fur, as well as the Espurr's. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I will be beautiful again. I must. I must. I must. I must."

Brisa padded around to put herself between Starr and Lusamine, ears flattening against her head. What the fuck.

[[Vote Shini/Spliff]]

@windskull

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
“I’ll be damned,” he said in greeting, just prior to pulling the cigarette out from between his lips. “Fancy seeing you here.”
That voice. Why was that voice familiar?

Wes turned to its source and did a double take. Clovis was smirking at him with a cigarette held loftily between his fingers, as smug and dainty as ever. And looking perfectly alive and well, despite the circumstances when they had last met.

Wes tipped his head back slightly and mirrored Clovis’ smug grin back at him. “Would you look at that. You haven’t changed one bit. Looks like you’re taking good care of my lighter, too.” His mouth twitched in amusement. “Doesn’t really change the dandy look though.”

Jabs aside, he was actually glad to see a familiar face in this place. Whether he could afford to trust said face was another matter, but, well…he hoped he could.
After a moments thought, Fry swaggered towards Wes. He stopped in front of him and glanced up to study him, then tipped his hat.

And even though he didn't speak, there was the strangest impression he was saying "howdy partner!"
Movement in the corner of his eye made Wes glance down and blink in surprise at the visitor. Oddly enough, instead of talking, the weird little mon simply tipped its hat to him. Wes knelt down to the Pokemon’s level and got a good look at its whiskers face and beady eyes, and—

Dammit. This thing was cute.

“Hi there,” he said with a small smile.
"I say we get rid of this one first," snarled Brisa. "Attitudes like that're a fuckin' liability."
A snarl drew his attention over to the electric feline, and Wes frowned at her words. What a feisty little mon.

“I agree that she’s weird, but I don’t know if that’s enough to vote for her,” he said. “If she’s innocent, and one of us dies—or…disappears, or whatever—in the night, then we’re down two allies the next day.” He stood back up and folded his arms, looking up the eerie sky as he pondered. “I’m willing to bet that there’s two killers—mafia—in our group. If that’s true, then we can’t afford to make many mistakes.”

He narrowed his eyes at the weird girl. “That said, I’d be interested in hearing what you have to say to defend yourself.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Brisa's hackles went up, and her tail lashed about.

"Sir, I don't know what'd explain you knowin' me an' Starr, but I sure don't recognise you. Ain't ever made a mightyena's acquaintance, neither, nor been no place by the name of 'Cibus', far's I know."

Cibus. The word felt bittersweet in her mouth. Why...?
Dave blinked. A Brisa who hadn't been to Cibus? Hadn't been there yet? But then why was she with Starr? A Starr who... seemed to only remember him from that first mafia game?

...That or a Brisa with amnesia. A Brisa who just didn't remember any of it had happened. Like he hadn't in the interim. What, how come he got to remember everything once he got here and they didn't? Fucking board game gods just did whatever the fuck they wanted, didn't they.

He sighed and scratched his scalp. "Look, we were... summoned by a guy called Diyem to another world. And then he wiped all our memories of it. I got mine back, I guess you didn't. How do you know Starr, if not from there?" Did they... did they even remember they were together? Christ.

Brisa was guarded, angry, already voting to eliminate the disturbing magician(?) woman trying to pet her (couldn't blame her there), putting herself protectively between Starr and the other deeply creepy blonde. Still Brisa, just... without everything that'd happened in Cibus. Never learned to fucking relax. Thought he was some sort of creep.

He took a deep breath, folding his arms. A man was responding to Brisa, human man, with messy blond hair in a blue duster. ...Hold on.

That was the main character of that fucking show, with the shadow Pokémon, the one that'd given Jean nightmares that one time. Dave squinted at him. Hardly a surprise at this point, wasn't like he hadn't bumped into fictional characters, wasn't like Starr wasn't part of Team fucking Rocket from the cartoon, but... Jesus.

And he sure was quick to defend that woman. Dave frowned. Whatever, for now. He'd see how this played out.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lusamine made her way towards them, with...an unusual, almost Pokemon-like gait. "Greetings! I am Lusamine of the Aether Foundation, and I simply must have a strand of the Torracat's fur, as well as the Espurr's. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I must. I will be beautiful again. I must. I must. I must. I must."
Starr took a step back from the crazy blonde lady. "Yeah, thanks but no thanks, gonna pass on that one," she said with a sneer.

Okay, so... Brisa didn't know him after all. But... he was--they were...

So Brisa was voting for the creepy chick. Whatever, Starr wasn't complaining. And somehow, in the back of her head, it was like she already knew what Brisa was going for. No, not some kind of intuition, like actually knowing. Something to do with that weirdo orb?

He sighed and scratched his scalp. "Look, we were... summoned by a guy called Diyem to another world. And then he wiped all our memories of it. I got mine back, I guess you didn't. How do you know Starr, if not from there?"
Starr gave him a look. "Well, I would have said you sounded crazy, except that that isn't exactly weirder than the three of us being stuck in board game hell. Maybe we're all crazy." She sat on her haunches, pawing at the fur on her cheek. "I guess to answer the question, we met when I showed up in her world looking like this. Pretty much only remembered my name and that I'm supposed to be human. If there's some kind of 'reason' I got summoned there, hell if I know, no one felt like telling me."

They'd known each other before? Somewhere else?

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Gods' teeth," hissed Brisa, curling her lip back over her fangs. "I want you as fuckin' far from me as this world allows."

[[You could just vote for her, actually. Nobody's hunting yet, we could do with some reactions. We need information in exchange for our time.]]

Something told Brisa she could vote to eliminate this creep. The intuition in her head told her Starr consented.

A snarl drew his attention over to the electric feline, and Wes frowned at her words. What a feisty little mon.

“I agree that she’s weird, but I don’t know if that’s enough to vote for her,” he said. “If she’s innocent, and one of us dies—or…disappears, or whatever—in the night, then we’re down two allies the next day.” He stood back up and folded his arms, looking up the eerie sky as he pondered. “I’m willing to bet that there’s two killers—mafia—in our group. If that’s true, then we can’t afford to make many mistakes.”

He narrowed his eyes at the weird girl. “That said, I’d be interested in hearing what you have to say to defend yourself.”
"Aw, not one for a little joke, eh?" Jenn snickered, clapping with her now-reattached hands and poofing the spider-hands away.

She conjured up a fedora and tipped it at them. "Well, like that guy just said. Just because I'm a little loose in the noggin doesn't mean I'm necessarily all that bad." She slammed her ear, tilting her head as if trying to dislodge something in her head. Nuts and bolts somehow came out of her head before hitting the ground and disappearing. She rolled her eyes and brushed her hair with a giggle. "You could very well lose a potential useful role or innocent if you're just gonna vote people willy-nilly since there's only what? Eight, nine of us around? If I die and I'm innocent – which I am – then whoopsie-doo, higher chance of losing to Mafia."

She snorted, directing her gaze at the blonde woman with crazed-eyes. "Besides, I'm more interested in that crazy chick over there. You got anything for us or are ya just some typical crazed killer?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
She slammed her ear, tilting her head as if trying to dislodge something in her head. Nuts and bolts somehow came out of her head before hitting the ground and disappearing. She rolled her eyes and brushed her hair with a giggle.
What in the actual hell.

Wes had seen his fair share of strange, creepy, unsettling things in these dream realms, or whatever they were. But the sight before him definitely took the cake. He took a wary step back, a chill crawling up his spine. This girl wasn’t—couldn’t—be human.

“How about you do everyone else a favor and keep the creepy shit to a minimum while you’re here?” he snapped, his voice just a tad less steady than he intended. “You sure as hell aren’t convincing anyone that you’re innocent.”
"You could very well lose a potential useful role or innocent if you're just gonna vote people willy-nilly since there's only what? Eight, nine of us around? If I die and I'm innocent – which I am – then whoopsie-doo, higher chance of losing to Mafia."

"Besides, I'm more interested in that crazy chick over there. You got anything for us or are ya just some typical crazed killer?"
Wes snorted and rolled his eyes. “How helpful. You just repeated what I’d said and then deflected the topic to someone else. Why should I trust you’re innocent just because you said so?”

Granted, he had to admit that she had a point about the other lady, who was also as shady as hell. But if his previous experience had taught him anything, it was that he couldn’t go off of first impressions alone. He distinctly remembered a friendly and seemingly innocent Porygon that had ended up being a killer last time…

Damn it to hell, I hate it here.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Clovis's brow wrinkled as he gazed intently at the bizarre blonde woman's gait...and her even more bizarre greeting. He felt some of the hairs on the back of his neck stand up involuntarily, because her behavior felt eerily similar to those of some long gone sacrilege cases he'd had to look into. It wasn't that it was scary; more like it hit far too close to home.

But, she couldn't have come from his world specifically. The Aether Foundation's president in his world was a sane woman.

"Let me guess," he called, pointing his cigarette at her. "Meth? No, wait. Heroin. Crack? It has to be something. There's no fucking way you're sober."

I certainly wish I wasn't.

He took another drawn out breath from the cigarette and exhaled quickly. "From one researcher to another, it's generally horrible etiquette to approach another person and state you need a sample from them. It's creepy, not to mention atrociously problematic. Perhaps snorting illicit substances while doing a research project should be a big no-no, don't you agree?"

That voice. Why was that voice familiar?

Wes turned to its source and did a double take. Clovis was smirking at him with a cigarette held loftily between his fingers, as smug and dainty as ever. And looking perfectly alive and well, despite the circumstances when they had last met.

Wes tipped his head back slightly and mirrored Clovis’ smug grin back at him. “Would you look at that. You haven’t changed one bit. Looks like you’re taking good care of my lighter, too.” His mouth twitched in amusement. “Doesn’t really change the dandy look though.”

Jabs aside, he was actually glad to see a familiar face in this place. Whether he could afford to trust said face was another matter, but, well…he hoped he could.
Pushing thoughts of that weird Aether president copy aside, Clovis decided to just enjoy the company of this other familiar face. He stuck his lower lip out jokingly, tilting his head for added effect.

"That's not true," he whined, the humor clear in his tone, "I wasn't stupid enough to wear a full-blown suit this time."

Nonetheless, he shrugged. "Can't really help the dandy thing, though. I spend far too much time curating my wardrobe. Really need to live up to the stuffy, well-dressed Kalosian stereotype."

At the mention of the lighter, he chuckled heartily and pulled it out of his pocket. "How'd you know? It's become my 'world hopping' lighter. Quite handy. Of course, if you need it back, say when. Gods know a nasty chain smoker like me has plenty more on hand."

He'd been so invested in the conversation that he didn't notice the little rodent-esque 'mon approach until Wes leaned down to greet it. Clovis took another breath from his berry stick, watching the interaction with curious eyes. What even was that thing? Some Unova-variant Linoone?

For good measure, he also knelt down. Best to be polite back. "Howdy," he greeted. What a funny word that was. "That's a nifty little hat you've got there."

Brisa padded around to put herself between Starr and Lusamine, ears flattening against her head. What the fuck.

[[Vote Shini/Spliff]]
Once more, he felt his brow furrow as he looked up toward whoever had the balls to cast a vote so early.

"Already?" he asked. "Nothing's even happened yet."

"You could very well lose a potential useful role or innocent if you're just gonna vote people willy-nilly since there's only what? Eight, nine of us around? If I die and I'm innocent – which I am – then whoopsie-doo, higher chance of losing to Mafia."
He'd been doing his best to tune this weird girl out. She didn't freak him out--more like she drained him of his energy. Reminded him far too much of the wacky 'mon and humans he dealt with back home. He could understand the reasoning for the vote--churning reactions, maybe trying to push something to actually happen, and who better to test the theory on the one who conjured up spider hands--but with such an uncharacteristically small group, they ran a lot of risks voting just to stir the pot. However, this girl in question wasn't really doing much to help herself.

"Fair point," he agreed, "but on the other side of that coin, the longer we go without information, there is also a higher chance of losing to Lycanrock. Or Mafia. Whatever the hell you want to call it."

With a final deep inhale into the cigarette, he finished it off. As he exhaled, he blew out a perfect smoke ring, admiring his handiwork before speaking again. "I'm not saying I'm on board with voting somebody off so early, especially with little to go on. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe that a misplay this early in the game will give our foes a higher advantage. But just keep that in mind. Voting does equal information in some capacity."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Ugh, meant to try to post earlier, kept getting distracted]]
Movement in the corner of his eye made Wes glance down and blink in surprise at the visitor. Oddly enough, instead of talking, the weird little mon simply tipped its hat to him. Wes knelt down to the Pokemon’s level and got a good look at its whiskers face and beady eyes, and—

Dammit. This thing was cute.

“Hi there,” he said with a small smile.
Fry waved a paw. This was a respectable example of the human species, he decided. Unlike some of the others here, especially those who might be 'scum' or such. And that creepy blonde lady.

For good measure, he also knelt down. Best to be polite back. "Howdy," he greeted. What a funny word that was. "That's a nifty little hat you've got there."
He made a vague clicking noise that was probably some kind of 'thank you'.

Were light haired humans nicer than others? Although there seemed to be exceptions...

Nevertheless the main focus would be finding these scum. The Blue-Cat's eagerness to make accusations all the time made him uneasy. Then again, they did need information. As long as they didn't needlessly eliminate anyone.... Especially since there were so few people to ebgin with, compared to that one other game he'd been in. A misvote could be horribly risky.

“How about you do everyone else a favor and keep the creepy shit to a minimum while you’re here?” he snapped, his voice just a tad less steady than he intended. “You sure as hell aren’t convincing anyone that you’re innocent.”

Fry agreed. He was curious as to why Blue-Cat suspected that strange lady - after all, ntohing was as it seemed in these games. Sometimes nasty people were on the good side and kind people on the bad. Even nice people with white hair... He sure hoped the White Hair human wasn't involved.

But then, he also didn't trust anyone. Mean lady was as good or bad a guess as anyone. Some strange sixth sense in his head, his Tetra-sense, said that voting off bat was how some players usually operated. Which seemed normal. But who then? There wasn't enough information, enough hadn't happened yet. But he simply could not condone the murder of someone based on vibes... that would not be rootin, tootin or kind. It would just be shootin'

Did Blue-Cat (@unrepentantAuthor ) have any elaborations?

[[historically we always vote Day 1 and a lot of times its fellow townie we kill. I not questioning so much why you voted someone, since we've been over this before, but if you plan to leave your vote, and why you want to leave it. Tbh I never vibed hard with the idea of voting someone Day 1 I guess, esp in a small game.

At this point, I haven't got any solid vibe reads from anyone yet, just thoughts that aren't strong enough to make me want to have a solid vote... But jackies play seeeems to align with their usual style. Not sure yet if thats scum playing townie or townie just being townie though]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Honestly, if they were going to vote anyone, Espurr wouldn't mind getting the Creepy Human out of the picture.
EspurrConfusedThinkingEmote.png "In a game this small there probably aren't more than two mafia at most, right? That means a three in four chance of hitting a townie if we kill someone today, and the mafia will probably kill someone tonight. Then all they need is a myslynch and a night to win. We can't just recklessly kill people."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yeah, thanks but no thanks, gonna pass on that one,"

"But I must," Lusamine said, shambling closer. And closer. And closer. And closer.

"Let me guess," he called, pointing his cigarette at her. "Meth? No, wait. Heroin. Crack? It has to be something. There's no fucking way you're sober."

"Oh, I assure you, I am perfectly fine. I am simply pursuing the next step in my quest for...eternal beauty," Lusamine said, continuing to move closer and closer to Starr. "And why eliminate any of us so early? Especially when some of us could be...useful."

[VOTE: NONE]

Then she proceeded to lunge at Starr.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Look, we were... summoned by a guy called Diyem to another world. And then he wiped all our memories of it. I got mine back, I guess you didn't. How do you know Starr, if not from there?"
"Well, I would have said you sounded crazy, except that that isn't exactly weirder than the three of us being stuck in board game hell. Maybe we're all crazy. I guess to answer the question, we met when I showed up in her world looking like this. Pretty much only remembered my name and that I'm supposed to be human. If there's some kind of 'reason' I got summoned there, hell if I know, no one felt like telling me."

Brisa frowned, pawing at her own cheek. "I'd be a hell of a cynic to discount that notion, outlandish as it may be, when we're standin' in this fuckin' place, playin' 'Mafia'. Can't say this is bringin' back any recollections, though. I got a continuous stretch of memory from my childhood to a couple of months since Starr showed up near where I live, not knowin' a damn thing 'bout her past. Y'got me wonderin' if this... 'Diyem' guy called us up before or after we met..."

Diyem. The word tasted acrid... and yet somehow comforting. Strange.

Meanwhile, other players were arguing about whether it was reasonable to vote anyone off in the first day... She looked from face to face, her tail swishing from side to side in growing frustration. Didn't they get it...? The odds of winning were better this way. She just had to figure out how to put it to them in plain language.

[[Post regarding elimination philosophy to follow.]]

Top Bottom