• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Myths and Legends One-Shot Contest - Results

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Me, seeing I Doomguy ripped and teared into the fic of Farla herself and missed its point entirely:

1017 - Zc9PX76.jpg

But this was like, really fun? I have wanted to judge a contest for a long time and it was an honor to do so and reading and reviewing everyone's fics was a blast and aaaaaaaaaaaaa I wanna do this again sometime. Congrats to everyone, especially the winners! You folks did a good job.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Reading the other judges' reviews was a lot of fun! It was great to see where our opinions lined up, where we covered different things, where they managed to explain a thing that I was having trouble wording. And it was also a lot of fun to finally see who wrote everything after being in suspense for two months! Aside from the 3 authors who I already knew 100%, I didn't have the slightest guess for anyone else. :P Huge congrats to Cress, Kint, and Pen--I look forward to working with you for your prizes! And of course, a huge thanks to Negrek for going to all effort of organizing this! I love the formatting and all the art on the reveal post. Lastly, thanks to everyone who entered! There's no contest at all without all of you.

This contest was way bigger than I ever could have imagined for our very first one. Here's to next year being just as great!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
While disappointed I didn't place, I'm glad that my reviews were largely positive, and all the insecurities I had about my story were invalid. Instead, they found other flaws that I can learn from. Complete win for me~ I'm not used to short-form stories at all, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Now to return to epic-length writing...

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Congrats to the winners! I had a lot of fun in this contest. And even if my fic ended up being a bit rushed to make the deadline, I had fun!

Anyways, here's the links to everywhere I posted it if anyone wants to check out the slightly edited version!

Thousand Roads
FFN
AO3

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Congrats to the winners and a HUGE thank you to all the judges for your work in giving us such wonderful reviews! I'm very grateful to have participated in this contest and that you all put in so much effort despite the large number of contestants and short time period! Thank you so much!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
This contest was so much fun! To think that I went from not having a freaking idea of what to write to writing a story that managed to reach the first position! I... I really had no words when I found out. I was simply shocked. I gotta give my biggest applause to the judges -- you did a terrific job, and I really enjoyed reading your comments. :3

Also, many congrats to the other winners, kintsugi and Pen, and good job to everyone who has participated in the competition. I can't wait to read your entries, too. ^^

Definitely looking forward to the next competition! This was amazing! :D

Also, here's the link to my story in TR: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/finding-mahoun-contest-one-shot-2020.357/

Until next time! ^^

Top Bottom