• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
…Well, things were starting to get hot, despite the frigid weather.

Icetales found himself fanning his face with his tails, apparently unable to feel the bone-chilling gusts biting into his cold-repellent fur anymore, and had to suppress a squeak when Luz elbowed him. He glanced at the Shade and his eyes widened — it was obvious that they were both getting the same signals from Maple’s implicit message.

“Oh! Erm, huh…”

Heavens and stars. What was he supposed to say about that?

“That is… Thou were a truly lucky lass, Miss Maple…” replied Icetales, struggling hard to keep his voice even. Golly, golly, golly! “And it is most… huh… marvelous that thy union allowed you both to, well,” he tugged at his bow with a tail, “produce such a… miraculous blend of life and light. Radiance is… incredible…”

…Okay, why did he feel the sudden urge to dunk his entire body into the snow?

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut put a forepaw on Icetales' head and applied gent— no, he just firmly pressed down. "Cease. You're only digging yourself deeper."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
And just like that, Icetales found his face — or, well, the entire first half of his body — buried into the snow. Not that he minded too much because the cold felt so nice, but still!

He sputtered and his tails flailed wildly, before he wiggled himself free by digging through the snow and poking his head out of the candid terrain.

“Phew… Goodness gracious!” He turned around and stared at Bahamut, unamused. “Sir, thou seriously need some lessons in tact…”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Oh, bless. What a sweetheart. Luz considered propositioning Icetales just to see the poor fella squirm, but no, she had more important things to say to Maple.

"Ma'am, I sincerely hope that we can help restore yer partner to his good self, and that the two of ya can resume yer world-savin' expeditions. In the meantime, 'less there's some way ya can directly effect that outcome, perhaps you ought to take some time to look after yerself? I''m told you're not the relaxin' type, but there's gotta be somethin' to take the edge off yer heart."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned at Bahamut. "She's a Voice and he's a Necrozma. I really doubt they'd even be able to do that. When I said special hug I meant it literally, not actually 'celebrating life.'" Owen paused, glancing at Maple. "...Right?"

Maple wasn't answering.

"Oh."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Yes. Yes. Nobody would have moved Icetales out of the snow anymore, not even Sir Regigigas himself. That water-in-solid-form was doing a sublime job at keeping his mind chilled.

“Anyway! Onwards with the discussion at paw we must go. So,” he motioned toward Luz with his muzzle, “as our esteemed comrade said, there must be something that could be done to lift thy weight from thy heart, even if temporarily.”

His tails burst out of the snow and waved in slow and gentle patterns. “If there is any way we can be of assistance, just say the word.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Owen was literally embodying "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer." Bahamut stepped in front of his teammates, mainly to keep their flustered expressions clear of Maple's perceptive gaze. He leaned over to her and whispered, "It's easy for those of us who have been blanketed in despair to jump to the worst possible conclusions. Because it is what we're used to. It's our default. Our reflex.

"But from someone who has nothing left to salvage, you shouldn't give anything up yet." His core turned purple. "Your mate will be found. If for no other reason than my teammates are remarkably good at getting the most favorable outcomes from the most dire situations."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple looked toward Bahamut in silence, then to the rest of the team. For some reason, the snow around Owen's body had melted significantly, exposing wet earth below. It was funny how expressive his kind were.

"Then you believe Joule is alive," Maple said slowly. "Even you..."

"No evidence to say otherwise," Owen assured. "I think Joule is too strong for that."

"Indeed." Millijoule nodded. "I shall see to it that you find him! Afterward, you can perform all the special hugs you like! I certainly cannot be a substitute. After all, in a sense, you're my mother!"

"...Mm." Maple decided to pretend she didn't hear that one. "Thank you, Bahamut. Owen, Icetales, Luz... I should have been more composed." She straightened, took a breath, and then sighed. "It's time I get to work. We have a lot of technology to analyze, reports to make, and perhaps some Pokemon to question. We're working against time, here. Perhaps it's time we returned to Destiny Village."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut didn't want to spoil the mood by saying he'd seen enough death to trust his gut on this one, so he bobbed his head.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz shrugged and cracked her knuckles. "Work hard afore you play hard. Fair enough! Let's get gone. But first..."

She tousled Icetale's head before sauntering over to Maple and going in for a bear hug.

"It'll be alright, partner! We'll see to it together!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple wasn't very receptive, but she did allow the hug to happen. Maple was oddly warm, and now that Luz actually tried wrapping around her, the body she possessed... There was something odd about it when it was squeezed. Like she was firm, but there weren't any bones in there. A Smeargle shell that was concealing something... else.

"Right, well." Maple eventually pulled away. "I suppose... that will be all, then. I'd like to thank you for..." Maple sighed, not sure how to phrase it. "Approaching me at this time. I will be sure to find a way to repay you in the future, but... for now, yes. It's time to focus."

She formed a portal behind her and stepped through, though she did leave it open for the rest to follow through.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Oh. Things went… relatively swell. That was a positive result, all things considered. That was g—ah! His head tufts! All messy!

Icetales stared at the Zeraora-like Shade and tilted his head curiously, before shaking his head to rearrange his fur locks. A friendly gal — that was nice.

With a quick swipe of his tails, the snow covering his body was flung away, making his silver and black fur stand out once more amidst the whiteness of the forest. He checked out his companions. “Well, it appears our duty is over. How about moving to some warmer environment? I do dot mind the cold, but I would not want you all to feel uncomfortable.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Last edited:
R8: Thinking and Awakening

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Although Nip had considered following Maple into Treasure town, enough pokemon had gone with her that he was uneasy with tagging along. She had more than enough pokemon with her to help out.

Instead, he headed out past the outskirts of destiny village, and back to the place where he spent most of his free time: the forest.

He held his bag tight, stalking silently through the trees until he came to a small clearing. The sounds of leaves rustling in the wind and a nearby babbling stream made him feel at ease. Try as he might to fit in with the pokemon of the village, he still felt most comfortable out here.

Over the past weeks, he'd spent much of his time making a makeshift shelter here. Several planks of wood leaned up against a large boulder, with a cloth draped over top, creating a cozy enough den for resting in. The inside was filled with a bed of dried grass and hay, providing him a place to sleep when the sounds and smells of destiny village were too much.

He stopped beside the shelter, placing his bag inside before flopping to the ground just outside. After everything that had just transpired with Sword, there was a lot he had to think about. And what better place to do so than somewhere relatively private like here?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip heard the little Lugia coming before he saw him. At the sound of his voice, he sat up, raising a paw to greet the shade. "Hello, Pleo. I didn't expect to see you out here. He tilted his head before answering the question. "I did make that shelter, yes. It's simple, but that means it's easy to take apart if I ever had to move it."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo tilted his head, before going up closer to the shelter and inspecting it carefully. "Is that why you're away from our room so often?"

He gave on the wooden planks a curious peck, only for it to slide down and clatter to the ground, prompting Pleo to jump back with a start. He looked at the plank for a moment, before turning to Nip with a sheepish grin.

"Uh... oops?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Partilally," Nip admitted, suspressing a wince as one of the wooden planks fell. "Even after all the time I've been here, I'm still not used to the big, structured towns like here. The wide open streets and tall buildings, it feels like I'm both exposed to danger and trapped at the same time. It's easier to spend time out here, where it's quiet and more like where I lived before."

He stood up and approached the shelter, meaning to readjust it, but the slightest bit of movement underneath the cloth made him stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom